Charles Fischer

I'm Lightheaded....'Oregon is a Physical Team!'

I cannot hardly believe all the ongoing lavish praise for Oregon in the telecast.  So many times they noted how physical the Ducks were on both sides of the line!  Remember when the narrative on Oregon was that, "they are soft."

Now that is just reserved for USC....

Sack attack.jpg

• Haha 1
  • Mic drop 1
  • Great post! 2
  • Applause 4
  • Thumbs Up 5
  • Like 3

Mr. FishDuck

CGD has been disrespectful to OBD twice now. When they try and show up at Autzen for CW, I hope Ducks say thanks but no thanks. 

Today was utter dominance. Going to take a bit to digest it all.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/28/2023 at 4:07 PM, Log Haulin said:

CGD has been disrespectful to OBD twice now. When they try and show up at Autzen for CW, I hope Ducks say thanks but no thanks. 

Today was utter dominance. Going to take a bit to digest it all.

While that is true, if they did show up though, it would be great for campus.

I'd take it.

On 10/28/2023 at 4:15 PM, DanLduck said:

While that is true, if they did show up though, it would be great for campus.

I'd take it.

For sure, and recruiting. They owe the Ducks an apology, throwing shade at them feels great though 

• Thumbs Up 1

They just out Utah'd Utah at Utah. Easier said than done.

• Go Ducks! 3
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

I'm glad that Oregon's defense is finally being recognized nationally.  Dan Lanning and Tosh Lupoi have major street cred from their national championships at Alabama and Georgia, and know what they are doing.  You have to love what they are building at Oregon.

Hope all those uncommitted players were watching the game today!

• Thumbs Up 2

Make em feel ya...Make em feel ya!

On 10/28/2023 at 4:29 PM, OregonDucks said:

I'm glad that Oregon's defense is finally being recognized nationally.  Dan Lanning and Tosh Lupoi have major street cred from their national championships at Alabama and Georgia, and know what they are doing.  You have to love what they are building at Oregon.

Hope all those uncommitted players were watching the game today!

Lanning and Tosh are probably on the phone soon.

WOW! Mylanta was not needed. Two Words - SMASH MOUTH!

The 2 Utes in My Cousin Vinny may have played better than these Utes today. But that's because Oregon came out on top like Vinny, and if, like Vinny, Oregon was in contempt, it was in contempt of Pat McAfee.

Texas beat down BYU (a bad day for the state of Utah) and still has the best win, on paper, at Bama, but in the 1st Committee rankings, with OK losing after 18 wins in a row to Kansas, I love it when 18 streaks are erased, The Ducks should be ranked 6, at least.

BEAT Cal!

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/28/2023 at 4:41 PM, Jon Joseph said:

WOW! Mylanta was not needed. Two Words - SMASH MOUTH!

The 2 Utes in My Cousin Vinny may have played better than these Utes today. But that's because Oregon came out on top like Vinny, and if, like Vinny, Oregon was in contempt, it was in contempt of Pat McAfee.

Texas beat down BYU (a bad day for the state of Utah) and still has the best win, on paper, at Bama, but in the 1st Committee rankings, with OK losing after 18 wins in a row to Kansas, I love it when 18 streaks are erased, The Ducks should be ranked 6, at least.

BEAT Cal!

And Bo was “balls on accurate” today!

• Applause 1

It was supring to watch this Oregon team just man handle Utah. This Utah team has some injury problems but they have battled some good teams. They lost a relatively close one to OSU at OSU. 

They beat UCLA in a slugfest.

And they beat USC in a shootout. 

This Utah team is good... But not great but certainly good. 

This was really the Oregon team we expected to show up against Washington. 

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

D Marsh, I believe the Ducks will have another chance to show up against UW.

Hats off to SC for a comeback after being down 29 43 in the 4th Q.

At home and you don't go into OT? Then again, Cal had scored 49 points and given up 50. 

UW did not have an easy day down on The Farm.

Oregon today looked like the best team in the conference by a mile.

The OL Prime has put up in front of his kid. Suspect! Can children divorce their parents? The targeting foul on the second son was male bovine excrement.

This was a turning point game........went into a den owned by a respected nationally ranked team that has a rabid following and has been improving......beat the snot out of them. Enough said. 

• Thumbs Up 4

As long as the ducks stay aggressive and Bo and the defense play like that they will win out. If I am an opposing coach I am freaking out after watching film on the Ducks against Utah. Great team effort. 

• Thumbs Up 2

IMO, Ducks are the most battle tested team in the Pac, perhaps the nation.

Texas Tech was a tough road trip. 2nd game of the season if you count PSU, I don't, at night... in Lubbock!

Husky stadium was on fire. That atmosphere was crazy. Best team didn't win that day, it happens. Sucks!

Rice-Eccles? Utes have won 29/39 and 18 straight coming in. Notoriously difficult place for the road team. Ducks went in and broke Utah on the first drive. 

If Ducks win out they will be the most battle tested team in the cfp. Ducks have toughness and grit.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ducks get a rematch with both UW and UGA. Lets get some redemption on both in 23. 

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 10/28/2023 at 11:40 PM, Log Haulin said:

Husky stadium was on fire. That atmosphere was crazy. Best team didn't win that day, it happens. Sucks!

Hate to say it my friend, the Fuskies were the better team that day.  They made all the key plays (2/3 on 4th Down, ridiculous last minute 4Q TD pass against tight coverage-followed by our missed chip shot FG).  It goes to show better talent doesn't always beat close to as talented teams. 

We've played better since, but they made outlandish plays to our steady as she goes playmaking skills.  Their strength-throwing into tight coverage and well designed middle of the field plays match a weakness we better solve-Safeties that vacate their area of responsibility on said well designed plays (and just looking at that damned QB too much instead of taking away the deep shots by finding and covering open WRs downfield).

If the Safeties boost their coverage skills, this defense is as elite as everybody else.  Hopefully, this isn't a design flaw.  That is, I hope it is the Safeties, and not the defensive scheme.  We have a ball hawk run coverage Safety.  We need ball hawk passing Safeties now.  That's our Achilles Heel.  If I want to beat OBD, I'm going after the Safeties.  

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

The Duck staff game planned very well against the Utes. The D executed that game plan beyond expectation.  They made the Utes offense 1 dimensional, took the crowd out of the game and Bo and company did the resy.

While i am exciting about how the Duck D dominated the game yesterday, personally I am trying to keep this in perspective.

This D unit is basically the same as 2 weeks ago. Same talent, same coaches, etc.....

Yet the huskies scored 36 and utes scored 6.

Why?

The difference in talent level coupled with playmakers on the field.

The putrid dogs have NFL talent at the skill positions and the seriously injured Utes, not so much.

Penix can release both quickly and accurately under pressure.  The Utes, without Rising, not so much.

If and when the Ducks dominate Williams and company, then that would be something.....

Lets dominate  Cal first.....

• Great post! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 5

On 10/29/2023 at 12:39 AM, Mike West said:

Hate to say it my friend, the Fuskies were the better team that day.  They made all the key plays (2/3 on 4th Down, ridiculous last minute 4Q TD pass against tight coverage-followed by our missed chip shot FG).  It goes to show better talent doesn't always beat close to as talented teams. 

We've played better since, but they made outlandish plays to our steady as she goes playmaking skills.  Their strength-throwing into tight coverage and well designed middle of the field plays match a weakness we better solve-Safeties that vacate their area of responsibility on said well designed plays (and just looking at that damned QB too much instead of taking away the deep shots by finding and covering open WRs downfield).

If the Safeties boost their coverage skills, this defense is as elite as everybody else.  Hopefully, this isn't a design flaw.  That is, I hope it is the Safeties, and not the defensive scheme.  We have a ball hawk run coverage Safety.  We need ball hawk passing Safeties now.  That's our Achilles Heel.  If I want to beat OBD, I'm going after the Safeties.  

I agree Fusky made a few great plays that day. They put more points on the board. And they won the game.

Many have argued it came down to coaching decisions on a couple plays. That could be true also.

Maybe my thinking is flawed but the Ducks looked like the better team. The stat sheet seems to back up what I saw that day. But the stat that matters is points scored so you are right on this.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 10/29/2023 at 8:58 AM, Log Haulin said:

I agree Fusky made a few great plays that day. They put more points on the board. And they won the game.

Many have argued it came down to coaching decisions on a couple plays. That could be true also.

Maybe my thinking is flawed but the Ducks looked like the better team. The stat sheet seems to back up what I saw that day. But the stat that matters is points scored so you are right on this.

I don't think you're mistaken at all.  I don't even believe your thinking is flawed. OBD did look like the better team, but we just missed out on some key plays that would have shown just how much better we are.  I actually expected a loss, and I was quite pleased the team showed it could handle the pressure of a team that could perform as well as they do.  

OBD erased a lead that appeared improbable.  We certainly gambled too much-on offense and defense (in my opinion).  They just played out of their minds and were clutch more than anyone expected.  

We handled that atmosphere better than most would, including UGA and Michigan in my opinion (the two teams we would have to play absolutely flawless ball against). I also believe OBD are better than Washington.  And the team as a whole are on a positive learning curve-players and coaches.  

I talked to an expert whom I trust better than most.  He thought Lanning gave the game away also-something I still disagree with, because I just don't think the Fuskies were going to lose that day.  They coached as well as we did.  What I especially took away from that loss was Lanning absolutely knows what he is doing. 

Lanning planned and executed well for EVERY condition and the exact outcome.  He knew FGs were not going to cut it.  That has bourn out exactly since then.  To the degree he had his players were very well prepared for Utah.  Not only that, the players are starting to figure out football.  Especially on defense.  They are exactly where they are supposed to be no matter the opposition's play call.  

I only saw three plays where defenders were out of position according to where they were supposed to be (from my perspective mind you-this probably isn't a universal opinion).  The coaches and players adjusted quickly to Utah's adjustments-even when they didn't succeed initially.  That is a direct reflection of how the game was called against Washington.  

Teams can be better than you on a given day, and still not be better than you overall.  Matchups and situations, and performance on that weekend predicated the Fuskies would win that day.  I thought OBD played better than expected, and showed just how good of a team they really are.  Which is why I stated they are ahead of schedule.  I didn't expect the kind of performance they displayed in Seattle-especially the coaching.  I expect it now-especially after Lanning explained himself after the UW loss. 

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 6

On 10/29/2023 at 10:10 AM, Mike West said:

Which is why I stated they are ahead of schedule.  I didn't expect the kind of performance they displayed in Seattle-especially the coaching.  I expect it now-especially after Lanning explained himself after the UW loss. 

To elaborate on this further.  I have seen some brilliant analysis of OBD in this forum that have shaped my opinion of the team.  Observations that have shaped my belief of where the team is, and perspectives about the coaching staff this year.  When Lanning says he self evaluates, it seems like coach speak most times.  

Looking at what the team has put on the field since backs up his words.  WSU is dangerous, and it requires taking it to them immediately to blunt their belief they can play with anyone.  Utah is dangerous when you give them leeway they don't deserve.  Both teams faced a blunt instrument-the full force of our talent at the line of scrimmage on both offense and defense.  

It is as if Lanning reads this forum because some of the comments I've seen appear to show up on game day.  From play calling to attitude to showing the ability to calibrate aggressiveness into better results (more practical analysis of the conditions on the ground).  I've seen comments about adjusting thought processes to what the team is facing real time, and low and behold the team is dealing with it real time and executing accordingly.  

The players are loose as a goose, and clearly focused on handling business.  They are dealing with the moment more frequently, something someone mentioned ( I can't  remember who said it though).  What I am seeing is a team that understands itself, and its opponents.  That is a dangerous team because that kind of team can find solutions to the challenges of the moment.  

And I got that from insights on this Forum.  Iron sharpens iron.  We may be on to something special here. 

• Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Like 1

On 10/28/2023 at 9:09 PM, Jon Joseph said:

The OL Prime has put up in front of his kid. CRIMINAL! Can children divorce their parents? The targeting foul on the second son was male bovine excrement.

FIFY!

The Ducks lost in Seattle. But the physical beating OR put on UW lingers.

Struggle to beat ASU and Stanford. That is one heck of a hangover.

Meanwhile, The Grinch Who Stole D made another unknown QB (a goat farmer?) look like a Heisman contender.

A baffling UW heads to LA and I have no idea how this game will go. I do know that at a neutral site today Oregon would be favored over UW. Post-game it was revealed that Penix was sick. The entire UW enterprise appears to be sick.

That's what getting punched in the mouth by Puddles will do. To wit: After 6 Ducks sacks, Cam Ward and WSU could not pull out a win in Tempe. How bad is Wisconsin and how good is Ohio State?

No Easy Day in the Pac this year but I am happy that Oregon drew ASU and not Arizona.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Like 1