Desert Duck

11/11/2023 - Other Games of Interest

Go Penn State! As I'm sure many of you saw, they had the ball late in the 1st quarter, 1st & goal from the UM 3 yard line. Bummer as they got stuffed and had to settle for 3.

Looks like Texas Tech is taking it to Kansas. Up 10-0. That could be good for the Ducks

• Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 11/11/2023 at 9:57 AM, Log Haulin said:

Looks like Texas Tech is taking it to Kansas. Up 10-0. That could be good for the Ducks

Go Texas Tech... They aren't the same team we faced. 

But it wouldnt hurt for them to be a bit better for our resume.

On 11/11/2023 at 9:54 AM, Desert Duck said:

Go Penn State! As I'm sure many of you saw, they had the ball late in the 1st quarter, 1st & goal from the UM 3 yard line. Bummer as they got stuffed and had to settle for 3.

Not feeling it out of Penn State here. They just don't feel dynamic enough on offense to deal with Michigan. 

At the end of the day it might be nic to eliminate Penn State from CFP chaos with another loss. Michigan and Ohio State will most take care of themselves. 

It's the teams with one loss in the first half of the season that are the danger to sneek into the playoff. Oregon is one of these teams. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/10/2023 at 10:16 AM, Jon Joseph said:

How about a Safe Space for the Trojan D?

On 11/11/2023 at 11:10 AM, David Marsh said:

Go Texas Tech... They aren't the same team we faced. 

But it wouldnt hurt for them to be a bit better for our resume.

TT up 13-0 with 2:44 left in the 3rd. Good for TT.

On 11/11/2023 at 11:12 AM, David Marsh said:

Not feeling it out of Penn State here. They just don't feel dynamic enough on offense to deal with Michigan. 

At the end of the day it might be nic to eliminate Penn State from CFP chaos with another loss. Michigan and Ohio State will most take care of themselves. 

It's the teams with one loss in the first half of the season that are the danger to sneek into the playoff. Oregon is one of these teams. 

Yup. Penn St has a pretty good defense and what looks like a very average offense. 17-9 Michigan with about 12 minutes to go.

• Thumbs Up 1

Penn State vs Michigan is totally boring. I have a tough time thinking our DUCKS would have trouble with either of them.

• Thumbs Up 3

Based on what I've seen Penn St. is not what you think of when you think about a 8-1 team.  Probably one of the worst offenses I've ever seen for a 8-1 team.  Just awful, Allar might have a been a 5 star, but he's plays like a 1 star against anyone with a pulse.

• Thumbs Up 1

Texas Tech is about to let their game slip away.

Wow TT went for it and now will win on a chip shot FG. Pretty sick!

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Like 1

Watching the Mich - Penn St. game makes me even more thankful for coach Lanning & Stein.  Penn St. has a defense that can play with anyone but their Offense really sucks.  Plus, there was no adjustment away from what wasn't working. That was the most un-imaginative play calling I've seen in a long time.  

Yeah, Michigan has a terrific defense, but my Gosh.  Penn State had no clue how to do anything but run the ball and when that didn't work - they ran the ball again.  And when that didn't work - run it some more!  This isn't even counting all the bad decisions Franklin made by going for two points twice when they didn't need them to stay in the game.  The last one took any slim chance they had of making a comeback.

• Thumbs Up 1

I can’t believe I just saw Clemson fans storm the field after beating Ga Tech!  

Tech is a much better team this season, but it’s kinda sad to see Clemson react this way.  Also kinda funny!

• Haha 1

Coach Petersen on the FOX Post game just said of the Michigan/Penn State game:

"I don't get it, if this game wasn't in color tv, I would have thought it was 1950s football. It's all about winning the game and they did a great job with that with all the controversy surrounding that but I don't get it ... JJ McCarthy, is he hurt? He is supposed to be a Heisman candidate and threw for 60 yards... I didn't get it..."

Edited by AnotherOD
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

I guess one thing that might come from this BIG merge will be bringing some real offense to this conference. The PAC does have exciting football but the parity between the teams has also hurt them. I will miss the PAC a lot even with all it's faults.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 2

Utah already getting knocked around by the Mutts. Very sad.

On 11/11/2023 at 1:00 PM, Just Ducky said:

Really it might be a good thing for us, Utah is playing on the road, and as long as Oregon beats UW it makes that win look better.  I really think we need UW to be undefeated going into that championship game.

Well Utah has scored more points against Washington than they did all game against Oregon. 

• Go Ducks! 1

On 11/11/2023 at 1:00 PM, Just Ducky said:

I’m seeing a different game. Utah is going toe to toe with the Puppies.

On 11/11/2023 at 12:41 PM, Sandy Rocks said:

I guess one thing that might come from this BIG merge will be bringing some real offense to this conference. The PAC does have exciting football but the parity between the teams has also hurt them. I will miss the PAC a lot even with all it's faults.

There is clear separation between Michigan/Ohio St. and Penn State, but neither of them looked good winning. How bad must the rest of the B1G be if no other team is able to compete with Penn State?

It’s just frustrating to watch two teams coast through the conference every year without being challenged. And the other B1G teams have no incentive to change. Just show up to the games, take your 45 point beating and collect your $70 million every year. 

On 11/11/2023 at 1:19 PM, kirklandduck said:

I’m seeing a different game. Utah is going toe to toe with the Puppies.

They definitely have turned it around. The first drive didn’t look good. On O or D.

Edited by Just Ducky

I know I am supposed to root for the Huskies but I just can't do it. It is not in my DNA.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

On 11/11/2023 at 1:33 PM, Santa Rosa Duck said:

I know I am supposed to root for the Huskies but I just can't do it. It is not in my DNA.

Join the club lol

On 11/11/2023 at 1:31 PM, Just Ducky said:

They definitely have turned it around. The first drive didn’t look good. On O or D.

Probably just needed a few minutes to get settled in. Utah just took the lead! 😃

Utah defense playing very aggressively. They’re really going after Pennix and his targets!

Forget the rankings!!  Get em Utes!!  

So to put this in perspective: 

Oregon WENT into Rice Eccles and only allowed Utah to score 6 points.

Utah has COME into Husky Stadium and has put up 21 in the first half!

Does UW have a defensive issue?

Edited by Ktmguy2018

On 11/11/2023 at 1:46 PM, Ktmguy2018 said:

Does UW have a defensive issue?

Washington played out of their freaking minds against Oregon and Oregon shot themselves in the foot in so many ways that game. 

I think that was a massive learning game for the oregons staff. 

So....I don't follow the Huskies that closely but I'm sure they have some November depth issues at the moment. They have very little depth overall and it's November so most teams usually need to start digging into the depth. 

Not always because players are injured and out of the game entirely but because players start feeling the wear and tear of the season and just need more rest. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Pi called on Utes  with the ball thrown 15 yards out of bounds

Also... Washington is getting away with loads of holds from their offensive line again. The Ducks would have been penalized for most of those. 

You can't hug the opposing defensive lineman to set the edge. That's called a hold refs. 

• Applause 1

Meanwhile AZ and CU are tied at 31 in the 4th. Very little defense being played.

On 11/11/2023 at 1:55 PM, David Marsh said:

Also... Washington is getting away with loads of holds from their offensive line again. The Ducks would have been penalized for most of those. 

You can't hug the opposing defensive lineman to set the edge. That's called a hold refs. 

Yup. WA isn’t nearly as good in the trenches as they would have you believe.

On 11/11/2023 at 2:02 PM, kirklandduck said:

Yup. WA isn’t nearly as good in the trenches as they would have you believe.

Or in the LB category.....or in the DB category.  They have a good marching band.

• Haha 1

WAY TO GO, TEXAS TECH! 

16-13 win at 16 Kansas moves TT to 5-5.

UCF at home next Saturday should be a TT win in Lubbock and the greatest gift for Puddles would be a TT win at Texas.

With CU likely not going bowling and the same for WSU, TT going bowling would help the OREGON cause.

On 12/3, OREGON needs wins against teams with a winning record.

The B1G? Michigan and Ohio State. Like the game in Columbus, PSU QB Allar looked like a Nittany Lion in the headlights.

• Go Ducks! 1

UW is turning into USC north on the defensive side.

On 11/11/2023 at 2:04 PM, Jon Joseph said:

UCF at home next Saturday should be a TT win in Lubbock

UCF is putting the wood to Okie right now

Miami even with FSU at the Half. Go Canes

This Arizona - Colorado game is a good game!

On 11/11/2023 at 2:10 PM, Log Haulin said:

Miami even with FSU at the Half. Go Canes

While I agree with the reasoning…🤮

• Haha 2

So Colorado is sitting at 1-6 in conference, 4-6 overall.  

Oregon derailed that train my friends!!!

On 11/11/2023 at 1:33 PM, Santa Rosa Duck said:

Same here. 

What some Duck fans aren’t thinking about is what if an undefeated Washington beats Oregon in the conference championship game and goes on to win the national championship. We’ll have to deal with more arrogance from those leg humpers up north for years to come. 

No, thank you. Go Utes and Beavs.  

Edited by OregonDucks

Mario starts the 2nd half with two running plays that go nowhere.

So, with 13 minutes left in the left in the 3rd Q, what does Mario call next? A time out... of course. 

Followed by another run that goes nowhere. Their kicker did, however, drill a 50+ yard FG to lead 13-10.

But, as we all know, Mario will blow it. 

Oh that cristobal offense... I certainly don't miss it. 

The runner goes straight ahead into a pile of linemen, both offensive and defensive, when there is an open lane if the back were to just cut and take it. 

It's amazing how many yards Verdell and Dye ran for in this offense but could you imagine their numbers in the Lanning offense??? 

• Thumbs Up 1

Second Miami possession of the second half, and naturally it's three run plays gaining a total of four yards, and then a punt from their own 23 yard line.

How could anyone not luv Mario-ball!

On 11/11/2023 at 2:43 PM, OregonDucks said:

undefeated Washington beats Oregon in the conference championship game and goes on to win the national championship

Blasphemer! 🤪 No way in H-E-Double hockey sticks does Fusky beat UGA, Bama, tOSU, Mich or Oregon in the Conf title. 

Ducks are twice as good as they were with the "Muff in Mont Lake". Fusky is worse. 

This Mariø offense is hard to watch. I am yelling at him to do something and I can't stand the guy. Going back to the Fusky game

• Thumbs Up 2

Need the Huskies to beat Utah in a very close game.

And yes, as I typed the above, I just threw up a little bit in my mouth.

• Thumbs Up 1

Kaelen Clay’s revenge

My goodness, only a husky could pick the ball off and run it for a pick six.....

But wait theres more. He drops the ball off at the 2 yard line as he starts his celebration. (Serious academic prowess)

2 more huskies run right past the ball to start their celebration, too. (More academic prowess X2)

A Utah player falls on the ball at the 1 yard line. (WOW)

Then KW runs a deep handoff 5 yards deep in his endzone on an obvious running play. With 8 defenders in the box. (KW channeled his inner MC)

Hey Desert Duck, sometimes you gotta throw up to feel better.  Its a tough day to root for the enemy...

• Haha 1

On 11/11/2023 at 3:00 PM, Log Haulin said:

Blasphemer! 🤪 No way in H-E-Double hockey sticks does Fusky beat UGA, Bama, tOSU, Mich or Oregon in the Conf title. 

Ducks are twice as good as they were with the "Muff in Mont Lake". Fusky is worse. 

Washington would get beat by Michigan or Georgia.

They've been lucky when they have needed to be this year. The refs also seem to be watching their backs because they should be flagged far more than they are. 

It just irks me that Washington gets away with stuff the Ducks never would. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/11/2023 at 3:04 PM, Log Haulin said:

This Mariø offense is hard to watch. I am yelling at him to do something and I can't stand the guy. Going back to the Fusky game

Mari-Noooo at halftime:  

"Okay guys, we need to change things up...they are on to us.  For the second half, we are going to go crazy and run the ball to LEFT side of the center.  It will completely fool them!"

Assistant Coaches:  "Uhh, they have been stopping that on the right...how will going to the left change anything?

Mari-Nooooo:

"Because we are going to do it with PHYSICALITY!!!  

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1