candyduck

What If Caleb Came To Oregon?

I know it's a big IF but he does have eligibility left.  I'm guessing he's 95% going to the NFL but does he want to run for his life on a crappy team like he did this year?

Do you think he'd fit the the culture DL is creating or has been been poisoned by Lincoln Riley and LA too much?

Would DL welcome him and help him mature as a player on and off the field?

Could we have two Heisman potential Heisman winners back to back?

Guessing he loved playing in Autzen and thought about what it would be like to play for the Ducks in the B1G next year.

Just some thoughts going though my head this morning.

Edited by candyduck

The attitude adjustment would be too big. Not a good fit...

giphy.gif

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Haha 5
  • Applause 2

Mr. FishDuck

On 11/22/2023 at 8:13 AM, Charles Fischer said:

The attitude adjustment would be too big. Not a good fit...

I don't know Charles, weren't there similar comments when discussions started about the Bodacious one?   Just sayin'😎

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/22/2023 at 9:41 AM, Joe fricken said:

I don't know Charles, weren't there similar comments when discussions started about the Bodacious one?   Just sayin'😎

With Bo, I don't recall hearing concerns about his emotional stability, need to leap into the stands and into his mommy's lap crying after a big loss, or painting his lovely fingernails. 

But if by similar you mean that they both play the QB position, then sure. 

• Haha 1
  • Mic drop 3
  • Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 11/22/2023 at 8:50 AM, Desert Duck said:

With Bo, I don't recall hearing concerns about his emotional stability, need to leap into the stands and into his mommy's lap crying after a big loss, or painting his lovely fingernails. 

But if by similar you mean that they both play the QB position, then sure. 

No, I was thinking specifically of the "Good Bo" and "Bad Bo" comments and skepticism in general.  Remember?

• Thumbs Up 2

On 11/22/2023 at 9:07 AM, candyduck said:

I know it's a big IF but he does have eligibility left.  I'm guessing he's 95% going to the NFL but does he want to run for his life on a crappy team like he did this year?

Do you think he'd fit the the culture DL is creating or has been been poisoned by Lincoln Riley and LA too much?

Would DL welcome him and help him mature as a player on and off the field?

Could we have two Heisman potential Heisman winners back to back?

Guessing he loved playing in Autzen and thought about what it would be like to play for the Ducks in the B1G next year.

Just some thoughts going though my head this morning.

My first thoughts were, 'No,' followed closely by, 'Hell No.'

And then, I allowed myself to entertain the thought a bit, but I immediately started to realize that I was hearing hot Greek Sirens singing/crying out to me from somewhere off the coast of Naples, or maybe it was Catalina Island. But I slightly digress...

My best suggestion regarding Williams is that we follow the lead of Odysseus, stuff serious loads of wax in our ears, followed by tying ourselves to the flagpole outside of Autzen Stadium. 

So, I guess if I bottom-line it, Williams is a hard no for me.

• Whew! 1
  • Haha 2
  • Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 11/22/2023 at 9:57 AM, Joe fricken said:

No, I was thinking specifically of the "Good Bo" and "Bad Bo" comments and skepticism in general.  Remember?

Lol... got it now. Sorry, but as I've said before, I can be a bit slow at times 😀 

On 11/22/2023 at 8:57 AM, Joe fricken said:

The arguments of approximately 89% of Duck fans were against Bo Nix playing for Oregon. It's funny because 100% of those fans are singing Bo's praises and have shifted the very same talking points they used in opposition to Bo over to Ty Thompson.

No need for Caleb to be a Duck. Ty Thompson is going to ball out next year and silence his critics. Just like Bo Nix did 

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Caleb is projected as a top 5 NFL draft pick, so it ain’t gonna happen. 

However, in your hypothetical scenario, there is no way that Dan Lanning, Will Stein and company would turn a player of his caliber away.  I have not heard that he is poison in the locker room or trouble off the field. 

Plus, the meltdown by Trojan fans would be 💯  worth it!!!

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Like 1

On 11/22/2023 at 9:12 AM, OregonDucks said:

However, in your hypothetical scenario, there is no way that Dan Lanning, Will Stein and company would turn a player of his caliber away.  I have not heard that he is poison in the locker room or trouble off the field. 

I'm curious if NIL money will play into players sticking around college longer if they are concerned about playing on a bad team?  With the money he's making right now, he can afford to manipulate the system a little.

Rumor had it a few weeks back he might stay in college.  Of course that might be his and his advisors way of protecting him? 

I don't think his draft stock will be lower next year.  Bo sticking around has certainly helped his draft stock.

• Thumbs Up 1

I was wondering about this after the USC game. Right about the same time as USC players were busy posing for pics with various Ducks, especially Bo. I was thinking there would be bad-blood, whiffed hand shakes, and generally ignoring each other post game, but no, not even close!

If coach Lanning thinks bringing CW onboard for next year I'd support it 100%. Other Trojans, like Bear Alexander could benefit greatly under Lanning's guidance too. 

As much as I hate to say it, TT will never be our starter, he simply does not have "it".

As for USC fans, remember Travis Dye?

• Like 1

On 11/22/2023 at 10:12 AM, OregonDucks said:

You're absolutely right that Williams will be drafted as one of the top five picks.

However, if I am an NFL GM, and while I would have to pick him, I'm still concerned about his mental ability to lead.

Over the past 100 years, USC has only had 4 seasons where they went 1-5 in their last 6 games.

One of these 1-5 season ending meltdowns is this year. 

Williams certainly has the talent to be a Hall of Fame NFL quarterback. But I'm just not quite sold on him yet.

Edited by Desert Duck

On 11/22/2023 at 9:11 AM, Log Haulin said:

The arguments of approximately 89% of Duck fans were against Bo Nix playing for Oregon. It's funny because 100% of those fans are singing Bo's praises and have shifted the very same talking points they used in opposition to Bo over to Ty Thompson.

I found Oregon picking up Nix was interesting. More than anything I felt it was because Lanning and Dillingham didn't know anything about their QB room and both knew Nix either personally or knew what he was capable of. 

The Nix we have today is way better than the Nix who transfered to Oregon. Oregon is in large part what they are today because of Nix's leadership as well. 

I don't think Williams would bring that type of leadership. However, it's really hard to gage because the Trojans are a team who have obviously given up but who did they give up on? Riley, most probably or Williams or both? 

It's hard to gage who Williams is as a leader because he has only ever been with Riley in college. I think Williams was a big part of their rally against Oregon where it felt like a comeback was possible before the Ducks shut it down, I don't think that was Riley inspired. 

But to the overall question... I think Williams would come with such a huge price tag NIL wise he wouldn't be worth it and there is the possibility that he disrupts Lanning's culture. So not worth it. 

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I would not mind, as long as you mean Corvallis, Oregon, and not Eugene, Oregon.

• Great post! 1

On 11/22/2023 at 9:12 AM, OregonDucks said:

I'm curious if NIL money will play into players sticking around college longer if they are concerned about playing on a bad team?  With the money he's making right now, he can afford to manipulate the system a little.

Rumor had it a few weeks back he might stay in college.  Of course that might be his and his advisors way of protecting him? 

I don't think his draft stock will be lower next year.  Bo sticking around has certainly helped his draft stock.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/22/2023 at 10:03 AM, David Marsh said:

I found Oregon picking up Nix was interesting. More than anything I felt it was because Lanning and Dillingham didn't know anything about their QB room and both knew Nix either personally or knew what he was capable of. 

The Nix we have today is way better than the Nix who transfered to Oregon. Oregon is in large part what they are today because of Nix's leadership as well. 

I don't think Williams would bring that type of leadership. However, it's really hard to gage because the Trojans are a team who have obviously given up but who did they give up on? Riley, most probably or Williams or both? 

It's hard to gage who Williams is as a leader because he has only ever been with Riley in college. I think Williams was a big part of their rally against Oregon where it felt like a comeback was possible before the Ducks shut it down, I don't think that was Riley inspired. 

But to the overall question... I think Williams would come with such a huge price tag NIL wise he wouldn't be worth it and there is the possibility that he disrupts Lanning's culture. So not worth it. 

I agree with your thoughts on leadership.  I'm curious if NFL scouts think the same right now.  I'm thinking DL and Stein would change that perception of him.  I think it would be fun to see.

Seems like a good kid who needs more direction than Riley is apparently unable to provide!

Like Shough, NOPE.  Wish Shough well, and expect Williams to be NFL next year.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/22/2023 at 10:11 AM, Log Haulin said:

No need for Caleb to be a Duck. Ty Thompson is going to ball out next year and silence his critics. Just like Bo Nix did 

What's funny is that 89% of us based that opinion on Bo's heretofore performance. I think almost everyone knew that Bo had the ability to be a great quarterback, but he had not consistently proven that prior to Oregon.

It's not everyday that in about 8 months a person can virtually do a complete 180° and perform at the level Bo has over the past 15 months.

Obviously, this is a credit to the person and mind that Bo is/has... But also huge props to our coaches who saw and believed in the potential that Bo had, which was obviously residing just below the surface.

And yeah, not surprisingly, 100% of us are now singing Bo's praises. That sorta tends to happen when a guy, over the past 15 months, provides your program with a 20-4 record... including a bowl win, and now has us on the edge of the college football playoffs (who by the way was injured during the last 4 games of last season).

But if you're suggesting that our initial skeptability was unwarranted, well then, that's just unreasonable.

Edited by Desert Duck
  • Thumbs Up 1

I believe that they knew exactly what they had to work with in the Oregon QB room after speaking with former coaches and watching tape.

QB is the most important position in football. There is no way that the incoming coaches  didn’t do their homework.   

Edited by OregonDucks

On 11/22/2023 at 8:13 AM, Charles Fischer said:

The attitude adjustment would be too big.

AGREED.  Brain transplants haven't been perfected yet.

Plus, he'd have to leave his manicurist home.

On 11/22/2023 at 9:54 AM, anyotherduck said:

I was wondering about this after the USC game. Right about the same time as USC players were busy posing for pics with various Ducks, especially Bo.

I was curious about this after the game so I looked it up. Both of the USC players who posed for pictures with Bo were transfers from Auburn. 

found Oregon picking up Nix was interesting. More than anything I felt it was because Lanning and Dillingham didn't know anything about their QB room and both knew Nix either personally or knew what he was capable of.

This is a great point. At the time, we as fans didn't know much about Lanning or Dilly. Many fans didn't want to go on blind faith regarding Nix. Not knowing the coaching staff well enough, many voiced their concerns base on body of work Nix put up at AU. 

Over the course of last season, Nix proved his value. Lanning and Dilly did the same. Now Duck fans show complete trust in Nix and this coaching staff. Wouldn't you agree?

That brings us to transfer portal and the QB room. Like most fan, I have complete trust in Lanning and his abilities to field an elite football team, including QB.

Over last off season Lanning had the tough question about the QB room. He knew Nix was coming back. He also knew Nix health was crucial to success as Nix was coming off of surgery in 2021 and an ankle injury in 22'. Hockey is not in Nix's future for sure.

Lanning didn't go to the portal to fortify the QB room with a viable backup to Nix. If Lanning didn't have belief in his backups, I believe he would have, it would have been irresponsible for him not too. 

If an opportunity like Caleb knocks on the door you have to take him. A dude like that is elite and it would be foolish in my opinion to say no thanks 

I have made it a point to back the idea of Ty being the guy next year. His growth since Lanning, Dilly and Stein showed up is glarring. He still has a full off season, spring and fall camps to develope.

I trust Lanning knows what he has in the QB room and if he goes to the portal then that will tell us a lot. But I think Lanning is going to go with Thompson or one of the freshman next year.

25' brings in Akili Smith Jr and we will see what he has to offer. I think the Ducks are stacked with QB talent, the only thing missing is meaningful opportunities and meaningful development by his staff.

• Great post! 1

On 11/22/2023 at 10:37 AM, Desert Duck said:

But if you're suggesting that our initial skeptability was unwarranted, well then, that's just unreasonable.

Not sugesting that at all. What I am suggesting is that many times I, as a fan, am wrong. I can't always see with clarity, due to lack of all the information, what is actually going to transpire.

When I make statements as absolutes, or think I know the best rout or decision, quite often I get a huge slice of humble pie.

Many fans did that with Bo and they are doing that now with Ty Thompson. But it is what we do as fans. It's part of the fun. It is exactly why this forum exists. And at times, we all get a slice of pie.

Lanning and his staff seem to have a good eye for talent and seeing around corners of what could be. They were successful with the Nix judgment and I think they are seeing it with Thompson. 

I think I am right about Thompson but it's just my take on what I have seen since Lanning took the Oregon job. That's all. Just one mans opinion.

• Thumbs Up 1

You certainly may be spot on regarding TT. He more than has the talent that, and that is unquestionable.

If I remember correctly, Danny O'Neil was quite unimpressive one year, and then between seasons, something happened and he came back and looked all pro.

TT has looked rather good in the limited amount of PT he has had. I certainly hope he is amazing next year. But it sounds like we're going to try to bring in another stud QB to give him a run for his money, which is the smart thing to do. 

Edited by Desert Duck
  • Applause 1

On 11/22/2023 at 11:45 AM, Desert Duck said:

But it sounds like we're going to try to bring in another stud QB to give him a run for his money, which is the smart thing to do

I missed that. I didn't know that Lanning has shown he is looking outside for Bo's replacement. Thats an important piece of the puzzle.

Could you point me to the article Lanning communicated he was looking at TP for next years QB? I would appreciate that, clearly I missed that piece of the story.

On 11/22/2023 at 10:37 AM, Desert Duck said:

What's funny is that 89% of us based that opinion on Bo's heretofore performance. I think almost everyone knew that Bo had the ability to be a great quarterback, but he had not consistently proven that prior to Oregon.

Dillingham coached Bo at Auburn and Lanning and Tosh coached against Bo as DCs at Georgia and Alabama. Therefore, they had plenty of opportunities to assess Bo’s strengths and weaknesses before offering him a spot at Oregon. His talent was too good to pass up, with an unproven QB room. 

Trust our coaches. They have proven in a short period of time that they know how to evaluate and develop talent.  

If they don’t bring in an experienced QB transfer to compete against TT then they have TONS of confidence in our QB room. If they are wrong, 2024 could be a long year. Are they willing to go through a potential “rebuilding” year to set up for a run in 2025 and 2026?

I have faith that our coaches will do the right thing for Oregon’s football program. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Let me think for sec-NO.

• Applause 1

First off it’s not happening.  He is NFL bound.  But I actually think the Ducks next season would be extremely scary with Caleb.  Caleb would benefit playing in the Duck’s culture and program and the Ducks would absolutely benefit from his talent.  

No matter though, I’ve hope that Thompson does very well next season! 

On 11/22/2023 at 11:03 AM, OregonDucks said:

I believe that they knew exactly what they had to work with in the Oregon QB room after speaking with former coaches and watching tape.

QB is the most important position in football. There is no way that the incoming coaches  didn’t do their homework.   

They brought Bo in so fast, because they had to due to the transfer portal window, that I don't think they honestly knew the full picture. 

This is what they knew for sure... 

1. No expirence in the room with Anthony Brown gone. 

2. Ty Thompson didn't have that many opportunities in game and he looked not great but he was a true freshman so that isn't wholly surprising. 

3. They wouldn't have had a ton of time to look through a lot of practice tape. They did probably talk to coaches a bit but most new coaches really just want to do their own evaluations. 

I think Nix was a no brainier. Is Thompson made a giant leap in development and beat out Nix so be it but without doing a full evaluation which Lanning frankly didn't have the time to do as he prepped with Georgia for their championship run and hired a staff and recruited both the current team and the recruitment class... He wouldn't have truly had enough time to do a full evaluation of the room. 

Grabbing a transfer in Nix meant they had something. And unlike Oregon's QB room at the time, Lanning himself had some an evaluation of Nix because he'd studied Nix's film as a DC for Georgia. 

Then he got Dilly rather quickly in his staff building and Dilly would have input having coaches Nix as to exactly the type of ayer he was and it was an easy get. 

The easy game footage to evaluate about Thompson would have just said... He has some physical skills but he really was there yet in game three of 2021 the game where he has his most play time because Brown went out with a minor injury.

And MC's teams never saw the backups in the field for many garbage time reps because he refused to fully put opponents away and the starters tended to still be in the field against even lesser opponents for the final whistle. 

On 11/22/2023 at 12:52 PM, SoGaDawg said:

No matter though, I’ve hope that Thompson does very well next season

If a qb on Oregon's current roster starts I'm kinda hoping and expecting it would be Novosad. 

Thompson has had moments of looking comfortable out there ... But against ASU he went back to not looking that good out there. His pick was pretty awful and very avoidable. His touchdown pass was good. 

But frankly I kinda expected another score out of the second string offense against ASU. The offense stalled out a couple of times when it really shouldn't have but there were errant throws and a pick. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/22/2023 at 3:59 PM, David Marsh said:

If a qb on Oregon's current roster starts I'm kinda hoping and expecting it would be Novosad. 

Thompson has had moments of looking comfortable out there ... But against ASU he went back to not looking that good out there. His pick was pretty awful and very avoidable. His touchdown pass was good. 

But frankly I kinda expected another score out of the second string offense against ASU. The offense stalled out a couple of times when it really shouldn't have but there were errant throws and a pick. 

Yeah, I wasn’t even thinking of Novosad.  I have faith that Lanning and Co will handle the QB situation well.  

Do you think it’s likely that Oregon will bring in a transfer QB to compete?  And who do you think might be available?  

I’m thinking it’s very possible, but I’ve not given much thought to who might be in the mix 

On 11/22/2023 at 12:52 PM, SoGaDawg said:

First off it’s not happening.  He is NFL bound.  But I actually think the Ducks next season would be extremely scary with Caleb.  Caleb would benefit playing in the Duck’s culture and program and the Ducks would absolutely benefit from his talent.  

No matter though, I’ve hope that Thompson does very well next season! 

This makes perfect sense!  It isn't that I don't think any of the QBs either in Eugene or one their way aren't good enough. I'm more curious how much better Caleb would be in Lanning and Steins system.  I think he'd be scary as well without the Riley circus!

I'm also thinking the rats (just a metaphor not a criticism of current Trojan players or recruits) fleeing the burning ship(or Trojan horse) is going to be massive this summer.

Of course the elephant in the room is Williams would have to sit out, assuming he isn't a grad transfer, correct?

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/22/2023 at 1:17 PM, SoGaDawg said:

Do you think it’s likely that Oregon will bring in a transfer QB to compete?  And who do you think might be available?  

We'll have to see who enters the transfer portal.

One name that I've seen on this and other sites is Cameron Ward, assuming that he could qualify as a grad transfer and be eligible to play immediately.  He would be very intriguing given his athleticism and success at WSU.  He is a very good QB on a bad team.  I'd love to see what he could do with Will Stein as his OC and surrounded by the talent Oregon has on its roster.

Edited by OregonDucks
  • Thumbs Up 1

Caleb is gone, NFL bound. Frankly he'd be nuts to jeopardize a lucrative package with the possibility of suffering an injury on any college team. 

And if the trojans make it to a bowl he just might sit that out as well, for the same reason.

On 11/22/2023 at 3:40 PM, OregonDucks said:

We'll have to see who enters the transfer portal.

One name that I've seen on this and other sites is Cameron Ward, assuming that he could qualify as a grad transfer and be eligible to play immediately.  He would be very intriguing given his athleticism and success at WSU.  He is a very good QB on a bad team.  I'd love to see what he could do with Will Stein as his OC and surrounded by the talent Oregon has on its roster.

Pretty good tool for players in TP. Don't know how accurate it is.

WWW.ON3.COM

The latest 2024 college football players that have entered the transfer portal.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/22/2023 at 9:54 AM, anyotherduck said:

I was wondering about this after the USC game. Right about the same time as USC players were busy posing for pics with various Ducks, especially Bo. I was thinking there would be bad-blood, whiffed hand shakes, and generally ignoring each other post game, but no, not even close!

If coach Lanning thinks bringing CW onboard for next year I'd support it 100%. Other Trojans, like Bear Alexander could benefit greatly under Lanning's guidance too. 

As much as I hate to say it, TT will never be our starter, he simply does not have "it".

As for USC fans, remember Travis Dye?

Lanning knew Alexander from his Ga days.  There's a reason he didn't want him. Word is he is not a hard worker and he's a 'me' guy. 

On 11/22/2023 at 6:03 PM, Augduck said:

Lanning knew Alexander from his Ga days.  There's a reason he didn't want him. Word is he is not a hard worker and he's a 'me' guy. 

Perfect fit for an LA team...

The biggest thing is that Caleb would have to learn how to be an actual QB instead of running around heaving throws all over the field.

He's never really had an offensive line where he could sit back in a pocket and work through progressions.

His game has more become about improvisation over true QB play, simply out of self preservation!

The unfortunate thing is that his style of play doesn't have longevity in the NFL.  RGIII comes to mind, even Kyler Murray who just came back from injury.  Cam Newton was a lot bigger than Caleb and even he broke down.  Mahomes is a scrambler but he's also smart and doesn't take a lot of shots.

Honestly, watching Bo vs Caleb, Bo is the more NFL ready QB.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/22/2023 at 3:50 PM, tee duke said:

And if the trojans make it to a bowl he just might sit that out as well, for the same reason.

Can't imagine the swag at the Depends Adult Protection bowl that USC is gonna find themselves in...

On 11/22/2023 at 8:09 PM, Ktmguy2018 said:

The biggest thing is that Caleb would have to learn how to be an actual QB instead of running around heaving throws all over the field.

He's never really had an offensive line where he could sit back in a pocket and work through progressions.

His game has more become about improvisation over true QB play, simply out of self preservation!

The unfortunate thing is that his style of play doesn't have longevity in the NFL.  RGIII comes to mind, even Kyler Murray who just came back from injury.  Cam Newton was a lot bigger than Caleb and even he broke down.  Mahomes is a scrambler but he's also smart and doesn't take a lot of shots.

Honestly, watching Bo vs Caleb, Bo is the more NFL ready QB.

I disagree.  Caleb reminds me of a bigger Patrick Mahomes.  His accuracy downfield and playmaking abilities on the run is special.  He has a strong and accurate arm and is tough to bring down due to his size.  He is a baller and could be a superstar at the next level, if he is surrounded by the right supporting cast.

On 11/22/2023 at 8:20 PM, OregonDucks said:

He is a baller and could be a superstar at the next level, if he is surrounded by the right supporting cast.

Only if his Mommy is nearby...

Mr. FishDuck

I am not saying it would happen, nor am I saying I want it to happen.  With that being said, could you imagine a player of his caliber with a competent OL and run game?  I'm not sure this O would ever be stopped.

On 11/22/2023 at 12:59 PM, Log Haulin said:

I missed that. I didn't know that Lanning has shown he is looking outside for Bo's replacement. Thats an important piece of the puzzle.

Could you point me to the article Lanning communicated he was looking at TP for next years QB? I would appreciate that, clearly I missed that piece of the story.

No.

On 11/22/2023 at 9:36 AM, candyduck said:

Well, we know his draft stock won’t be any higher next year, so why stay?

And if the primary concern is that as a top pick he could end up with a bad team, that concern will be there next year, too.

He’ll take the money…..

Just don’t think he will be available and I’m not sure he would fit. Probably a bad idea for sure. Actually his stock went down in my eyes this year.

There is no doubt he has enormous talent. But there are some that never fit and the ego thing might be too much.

I give it a hard No. 

Why would any highly ranked QB recruit want to come to Oregon when we always use the portal for a seasoned qb? 

At some point we need to develop a qb for a junior senior year starting job. Much like was done in the past.

I remember Dixon behind Clemens and he was lightning quick but struggled with the offense as a back up. 

I look at TT kind of the same way and do expect him to take a huge leap when he gets to play with first string O line, backs & receivers. 

If Oregon decides to go the transfer route for another QB (they still have TT & AN, remember) then I'd rather see them grab one with at least two years of eligibility left, not one.  No 'one-and-duns' here at Oregon.  That just doesn't make good sense to me.  Just my own opinion.

On 11/23/2023 at 9:06 AM, Duckhart2 said:

Why would any highly ranked QB recruit want to come to Oregon when we always use the portal for a seasoned qb? 

At some point we need to develop a qb for a junior senior year starting job. Much like was done in the past.

I remember Dixon behind Clemens and he was lightning quick but struggled with the offense as a back up. 

I look at TT kind of the same way and do expect him to take a huge leap when he gets to play with first string O line, backs & receivers. 

Those are great points. Ty Thompson is a rs Soph. His development, imo, has been delayed due to the Mariø effect. I look at the seeming regression of TVD at Miami as further proof.

Ty has looked night and day better since Dilly, Stein and Bo showed up. The last off season seems to have been good to Ty in development. He has another full off season of development before his services will be called on.

Thompson is big and strong. He can make all the throws and has high level abilities to escape and run. The rest is in his head and that seems to be working itself out. 

So to me, all Ty needs is playing time and experience running the ones. Junior year starter and I think he can win 9 or 10 games. Senior year could be a year Ty plays at an elite level and get himself into 1st/2nd round draft pick.

• Thumbs Up 1