Santa Rosa Duck

Unhinged Husky!

Tuesday, I was fly fishing in a drift boat chasing the wily steelhead on the Trinity River in far northern California.

It was cold when we started at 30 degrees and I was wearing my green and yellow OREGON wool hat.

We come around a corner and here is another drift boat and one guy has a purple and white wool cap with a big W.

He sees my hat and immediately starts off with "Too bad about that 36-33 loss".

Too bad you can't kick a field goal".

"Penix and Rune are going to destroy you if there is another game but you won't get by the Beavers".

On and on and he wasn't smiling, He meant all of it.

He was not 25 years old, he was 65+.

Unfortunately we passed each other two more times and it never stopped.

All I did was point at my hat and throw him the O.

Oh well, poor Husky needs therapy.

• Go Ducks! 2
  • Salute 2
  • Oh no! 1
  • Cool 1
  • Wow 2
  • Applause 1
  • Like 1

"Unhinged Husky"

Nothing like a little redundancy 😉

Sad that this Fuskie, while fly fishing on one of the most beautiful rivers anywhere, can't manage to control his latent Husky insecurities. 

Your reply was very well played. And I'm thinking that he knows that he'd better milk that 36-33 score while he can... because if all goes according to plan, in 9 days, he'll be singing a much different tune. 

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

Thank you for being a classy representation of Duck fans. 

Unfortunately, as proven with my written eviscerations of Beaver fans who emailed me yesterday and Monday...I would not be as measured as you.

"I Never Said I Was Noble."

giphy.gif

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Salute 1
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

Just makes me hope even more we blow out the bark ratts, and double whopper blow out the mutts in Vegas.  

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

That puppy fan is like the male Cicada. The male nymphs crawl out of the ground once every 13 to 17 years, and makes obnoxious sounds. 

That will be about how long that guy will have to wait to brag about his team again based on their coaches ability to recruit. 

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Haha 4
  • Mic drop 3
  • Applause 1

The insecurity of this guy (and all the others) is well earned. They know they’ve a good team that keeps finding a 4th quarter gear to steal wins, but how can you feel confident in a team that has failed to grow into a complete and dominant team?

The pups look like a team that has maxed out, while OBD just keeps on growing, and finding that next 1%. I’d be nervous to if I were them.

Edited by Washington Waddler
spelling
  • Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 1

On 11/22/2023 at 9:25 AM, Santa Rosa Duck said:

poor Husky needs therapy.

Don't they all?

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

You certainly behaved better than a lot of us would have probably.  He was clearly trying to bait you (pun intended) into an argument - to ruin your day on the river.  I hope you had a great day anyway!

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Throw a banana in his boat when he's not looking.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I think we end up beating the Beavs and Dawgs and hopefully in convincing fashion. I think as of now our SOS hurts us unless we roll big time.

• Go Ducks! 2

On 11/22/2023 at 11:28 AM, Duckhart2 said:

I think we end up beating the Beavs and Dawgs and hopefully in convincing fashion. I think as of now our SOS hurts us unless we roll big time.

SOS will soar if they beat the Beavers & Dawgs.  #16 & #4.  Better than a lot of other teams.  

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

On 11/22/2023 at 1:11 PM, Desert Duck said:

"Unhinged Husky"

Nothing like a little redundancy 😉

Sad that this Fuskie, while fly fishing on one of the most beautiful rivers anywhere, can't manage to control his latent Husky insecurities. 

Your reply was very well played. And I'm thinking that he knows that he'd better milk that 36-33 score while he can... because if all goes according to plan, in 9 days, he'll be singing a much different tune. 

Yeah, they’re milking it. They even made t-shirts…for a regular season game. I would personally wait until the Pac-12 Championship t-shirts come available…which is exactly what I’m going to do.

IMG_2586.jpeg

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 11/22/2023 at 11:16 AM, Mic said:

You certainly behaved better than a lot of us would have probably.  He was clearly trying to bait you (pun intended) into an argument - to ruin your day on the river.  I hope you had a great day anyway!

Best fuskie retort would have been to quietly hold up a nice brace of steelhead to share your joy in the occasion.

Better yet, hook and land a nice one directly under his butt sniffer!

• Go Ducks! 1

That's a shame, and coming from a guy that bleeds purple, a lifelong Husky fan. Right now, the team no one wants to play is the Ducks! They are peaking, and are scary. If i had been in thst drift boat, I'd have told you that we got lucky, and that I wasn't at all looking forward to OT! We escaped last year, too. A PAC-12 Championship game against Oregon?

Ducks will be favored. And I'd have asked what fly you were using! The Trinity is a beautiful stream. I fish Oregon a lot, too. First post ever here, as a respectful at all times Husky fan. I hope you got some takes from those Trinity fish. I went to a game at Autzen once, had a beer poured on my head for no reason, well, i stood up and shouted YES, when Washington scored, but that's it, then a beer shower. I don't judge all Duck fans because one jerk wasted a beer. 

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thanks 4
  • Thumbs Up 3

Tuesday, I was fly fishing in a drift boat chasing the wily steelhead on the Trinity River in far northern California.

It was cold when we started at 30 degrees and I was wearing my green and yellow OREGON wool hat.

We come around a corner and here is another drift boat and one guy has a purple and white wool cap with a big W.

He sees my hat and immediately starts off with "Too bad about that 36-33 loss".

Too bad you can't kick a field goal".

"Penix and Rune are going to destroy you if there is another game but you won't get by the Beavers".

On and on and he wasn't smiling, He meant all of it.

He was not 25 years old, he was 65+.

Unfortunately we passed each other two more times and it never stopped.

100% had the same interaction in the suburbs of Atlanta Georgia this week! My son said he's seen duck fans plenty of times but that was his first fusky run-in. We were polite, he was trash talking. Let's hope OBD take care of business! 

• Go Ducks! 1

On 11/24/2023 at 5:31 PM, BlacktailBilly said:

That's a shame, and coming from a guy that bleeds purple, a lifelong Husky fan.

You are an enigma to us.

This forum is the nicest group of people you will ever meet online, and we know that every fan base has terrible fans and classy fans.  Yet so many of us hate the Huskies beyond normal human interaction rational limits, and unfortunately as the owner-manager of the forum I am one of the very worst.  I wrote an article years back titled, "My Hatred of the Huskies is Irrational...is Yours?"

Yet the bottom line is that if YOU are "polite and respectful," then so will we be.  We have fans from tons of schools that come here, and we have great conversations.  I expect a ton more next year with joining the B1G, thus, I will welcome you if both sides can keep it civil.  Please read our rules at the top of the site, as I do have a trigger-finger for banning people who denigrate others.

We can talk-trash about the Ducks.  Other team fans cannot.  We are ruthless toward the Huskies, and that is the home-field advantage you will have to endure.  But we do love to converse with opposing fans.  Utah has kicked our butt many times in the past--yet we love their fans who post here.

Ditto for the wonderful Georgia fans.  Hence, I will welcome you, but boy am I conflicted!  

Let's make the most of the next week, and may your team suffer no injuries, and both sides play their best.

Cyrus Habibi Likio gets leg up on Huskies_Tom Corno.jpg

• Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

Not only is my despite of anything husky related irrational, I own no purple clothing, have nothing purple in my home, and won’t have purple flowers in my beautiful yard.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/24/2023 at 9:33 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Let's make the most of the next week, and may your team suffer no injuries, and both sides play their best.

I hope Penix gets the shingles, Trice gets a hangnail,  Odunze and Muhamad get ahold of some bad shellfish at the Buffett. I hope Deboer roof springs a leak.

I wish Fusky no luck. I hope they struggle mightily at the hands of the Ducks. I hope Penix has to leave the game, not from true injury but from the meat tenderizing inflicted on him by Oregons front 7.

I will welcome BlacktailBilly. But it is going to test me in the ol' kindness department. There is a high bar here I will be callenged to meet. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I refered to them always as the Evil Huskies for decades but then they turned pathetic for 12 years.

Think we can do something about that. It’s called shock therapy — free of charge, delivered in Las Vegas.

• Go Ducks! 1