Annie

Did Anyone Watch the Bahamas Bowl?

Spoiler alert for anyone who might want to catch it later:

Western Kentucky came from being down 28-0 to Old Dominion, to tying 35-35 in the waning moments of regulation, to winning 38-35 in overtime!

That is why I at least check out as many bowl games as I can--you never know which ones are going to be exciting. 🏈

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 4
  • Like 3

I saw a bowl game one year where a team was down 31-0 At halftime and came back to win in three OT’s.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Oh no! 4
  • Yikes! 4

Ouch!

• Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

On 12/18/2023 at 4:55 PM, DrJacksPlaidPants said:

I saw a bowl game one year where a team was down 31-0 At halftime and came back to win in three OT’s.

Booooo! Still too soon.

• Haha 2

On 12/18/2023 at 8:10 PM, Vanducky said:

Booooo! Still too soon.

I find it best to talk about it openly and not keep it bottled up. It’s also a great retort for the “Oregon treated Helfrich too harshly” crowd. This and 70-21.

• Thumbs Up 1

Thank goodness that was prior to my electric shock therapy and it doesn’t ring a bell!

• Haha 1

I saw the news and figured WKU was playing the Chargers?

• Applause 1

My very good Duck buddy in Nevada told me about the game when the Ducks, ahead 31-0 at the half, lost in OT. I refused to believe him! When I asked who that comeback team was, he replied "I don't remember; I repressed it."

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/18/2023 at 4:55 PM, DrJacksPlaidPants said:

Possibly the worst coached game I have ever seen in my long life, especially for a Duck game.  

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/18/2023 at 10:37 PM, Jemangi said:

Possibly the worst coached game I have ever seen in my long life, especially for a Duck game.  

I seem to remember one of the Duck players, probably a RB, say after the game, "Run the d@mn ball!"

On 12/18/2023 at 5:33 PM, Steven A said:

Thank goodness that was prior to my electric shock therapy and it doesn’t ring a bell!

Not for me. Still burns like it was yesterday. I was doing ok this morning, soaking in the Dante Moore transfer before I read this thread. All that therapy and Prozac shot to hell.

If anyone needs to find me in the next few hours, I'll be under the bed in my safe room sucking my thumb.

• Haha 2

Watching NDSU almost beat Montana was a fun weekend watch for me.  FCS is always fun this time of year. 

Seeing games in small stadiums in North and South Dakota and Montana where it's cold and snowy is my kind of football!  Wish I was smart enough to pursue going to school and playing in those types of places in my playing days 100 years ago.  Obviously, I still haven't got playing out of my system!😝

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/18/2023 at 6:33 PM, Steven A said:

...Maybe you weren't properly grounded

• Haha 2

Great Game. Great Post.

But I believe it was The Burnt Toast Bowl, or something like that, and not the Bahamas Bowl.

• Thumbs Up 1

The Featherduster Bowl... alright! I'm sure the rest of college football would have been happy to make it an annual affair.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 12/19/2023 at 9:47 AM, Jon Joseph said:

Great Game. Great Post.

But I believe it was The Burnt Toast Bowl, or something like that, and not the Bahamas Bowl.

On 12/19/2023 at 10:06 AM, woundedknees said:

The Featherduster Bowl... alright! I'm sure the rest of college football would have been happy to make it an annual affair.

Oops! Mea culpa!

On 12/19/2023 at 1:10 PM, Annie said:

Oops! Mea culpa!

For what? Can anyone other than the director of programming at ESPN and the ESPN financial guy who cashes the checks, keep track of bowl sponsors? For example, Wasabi is not a Japanese food condiment, it instead flies around in the web ether, doing what I do not know. 

What's the Over/Under on folks knowing what a ReliaQuest is and what it does?

I look at the teams playing and not the entity writing the checks. But I did want to poke fun at charred bread.

• Thumbs Up 1

I thought 'Wasabi!!!' was a swear word...Can we even use under FD rules?

It does remind me of the way my step-father used to sneeze... "Wasabi Wasabi! Wasabi!!!", usually 3 times in a row.

Startled the heck out of unsuspected strangers. 😜

Doesn't matter what we refer to the Bowl Which Shall Not Be Named, it was a nightmare!

Edited by woundedknees
  • Haha 1

On 12/19/2023 at 9:10 AM, MTdux said:

Maybe you weren't properly grounded

Never will claim to be.

• Applause 1

On 12/18/2023 at 5:10 PM, Vanducky said:

Booooo! Still too soon.

Agreed. Was watching that game with my SEC loving family. Vernon went down and I left the room.

Told my I uncle it was as over and we weren't going to win. He looked at me funny. Well......

Will always be too soon.

Had erased the memory. And here you come bringing back the memory and all that goes with it.

Edited by Fitnessczar