FishDuck Article

UCLA GameDay Thread: Watch for Chip Kelly’s Best Play

AB just cant be throwing long balls into coverage --He's always short a foot or 2

On 10/23/2021 at 4:22 PM, deschutesduck said:

Thibs "They drew up a great f#@king scheme" 

Guy with the ABC mute button... wait what did he say?

Yeah I did a double take and said "what?"

NEVER A DOUBT!

ALWAYS SAY DYE!

MR T - ABC may put you on Mute _ But not the Bruins O line.

• Thumbs Up 2

The O-line gave AB outstanding protection today, all game long.

• Thumbs Up 4

I'm not sure how long it will take my pulse to return to normal after that game, but, wow! Love the win!

• Haha 1
  • Like 1

MC said AB gives the Ducks the best chance to win. He also gives them the best chance to loose. 

I predicted a win but it was the defense that had to rise up and win the game. AGAIN.

I was feeling pretty good at 34-17 with 10 minutes left in the fourth quarter.

Whew! They made it a nail biter again.........but as we like to say with our new motto as Duck fans...........a win is a win.

How about DJ James as the much maligned hero?

KT was all world though. Sure wish we could get him for one more season.

Edited by C J
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

WE tried to give them the game 3 times.

While they did try to give me a stroke at the end... this game was FUN to watch

• Thumbs Up 1

Gone are the days of having a comfortable lead. 

On 10/23/2021 at 11:33 AM, Charles Fischer said:

We all recognize the terrible Pac-12 officiating, but why does it seem to hose Oregon the most?  That is three points that should not have happened...

USC fans boards even acknowledged that Oregon is being picked on like USC used to.  It's like Pac 12 is constantly trying to shoot down their best chance at making the playoffs  or championship game, prior to the playoff era.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

That was a Tibi-don't (effing) game

On 10/23/2021 at 1:27 PM, Just Ducky said:

MC said AB gives the Ducks the best chance to win. He also gives them the best chance to loose. 

I predicted a win but it was the defense that had to rise up and win the game. AGAIN.

The defense has been winning all these close games.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/23/2021 at 4:33 PM, DuckIt said:

It's like Pac 12 is constantly trying to shoot down their best chance at making the playoffs  or championship game, prior to the playoff era

Ooooooo......I see a potential conspiracy theory where the PAC12 officials are being paid off by the ESecPN mob to ensure that west coast football stays downtrodden. 

As bad as the officiating has been towards the Ducks this season I think this is actually a plausible conspiracy theory.

• Thumbs Up 1

So do we root for Ohio State to win or lose?  I think we want them to loose.  Their fan base is so arrogant.  They already jumped us in rank, despite loosing the head-to-head at home against Oregon. 

Did Thibodeaux only get two sacks? 

On 10/23/2021 at 4:41 PM, DuckIt said:

So do we root for Ohio State to win or lose?  I think we want them to loose.  Their fan base is so arrogant.  They already jumped us in rank, despite loosing the head-to-head at home against Oregon. 

Ohio state is ranked ahead of Oregon right now because in the eyes of those who vote Ohio State lost to the 12th ranked team whereas Oregon lost to an unranked team. Imo

On 10/23/2021 at 4:41 PM, DuckIt said:

If neither team loses another game before the playoffs, we may face them again.  

I would enjoy beating them twice in a season.

• Thumbs Up 1

Cardiac kids

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/23/2021 at 1:43 PM, Duck1984 said:

If neither team loses another game before the playoffs, we may face them again.  

I would enjoy beating them twice in a season.

Their team has gotten progressively better.  Can you say the same for the Ducks?  Although, we got KT back!  I like to see how Shroud plays with KT smothering him.

Edited by DuckIt

On 10/23/2021 at 4:28 PM, C J said:

Whew! They made it a nail biter again.........but as we like to say with our new motto as Duck fans...........a win is a win.

Exactly! Such a young team, so many injuries, a QB who can look great one minute, then, well, inconsistent---they did it the hard way, but what an exciting, gutsy win!

• Thumbs Up 2

On 10/23/2021 at 1:42 PM, Krsmqn said:

Ohio state is ranked ahead of Oregon right now because in the eyes of those who vote Ohio State lost to the 12th ranked team whereas Oregon lost to an unranked team. Imo

That and our offense looks bad every week, struggling to win by 7pts.  Today, we won by 3pts.

Edited by DuckIt
  • Like 1

They won on the road, against Chip Kelly, not bad! 

What do you say now?

5rhe14.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/23/2021 at 1:25 PM, jrw said:

The O-line gave AB outstanding protection today, all game long.

Removing Moore from the starting line-up was a good adjustment.  He blew how many blocks the last game which led to a fumble by AB.

On 10/23/2021 at 7:41 PM, DuckIt said:

WIN! And go 12-1 and win the B1G. 

On 10/23/2021 at 8:04 PM, Haywarduck said:

What do you say now?

5rhe14.jpg

Remind me? What's Chip's record at UCLA/? The Ducks won because the D saved the day. This game should not have been close.

On 10/23/2021 at 5:04 PM, Haywarduck said:

What do you say now?

5rhe14.jpg

I'm not handing out coach of the year awards just yet and i haven't wanted him to be fired.  I was pleasantly surprised at the offense play calling... I definitely think Moorhead was making the calls... maybe we need to leave him in the booth so he can ignore Mario 🤐

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 10/23/2021 at 5:23 PM, deschutesduck said:

I'm not handing out coach of the year awards just yet and i haven't wanted him to be fired.  I was pleasantly surprised at the offense play calling... I definitely think Moorhead was making the calls... maybe we need to leave him in the booth so he can ignore Mario 🤐

Completely agree here.

Mr. FishDuck

On 10/23/2021 at 5:33 PM, DuckIt said:

USC fans boards even acknowledged that Oregon is being picked on like USC used to.  It's like Pac 12 is constantly trying to shoot down their best chance at making the playoffs  or championship game, prior to the playoff era.

Seems every game there are questionable calls against the Ducks, and this game fit the mold. 

On 10/23/2021 at 6:08 PM, DurangoJim said:

Seems every game there are questionable calls against the Ducks, and this game fit the mold. 

And they have huge consequences for us....it is becoming a bit suspicious.

Mr. FishDuck

On 10/23/2021 at 3:11 PM, Charles Fischer said:

And they have huge consequences for us....it is becoming a bit suspicious.

Mario could challenge at least one of them.  He is too passive in these situations and just accepts the call on the field.  In the first half, I forget if it was Hutson or Matavao who fumbled the ball backwards which was recovered by the Ducks but for a loss of yards.  From the review, his knee was clearly down, but MC never bothered to challenge it or ask the officials to review the play.  That play killed the drive.  Whether it's the spot or play that should be challenged, there is one of these every game that the Ducks are getting screwed.  The other team always snaps the ball, before Mario can scratch his arse.

Don't we have someone up in the booth, responsible for watching and reviewing these plays that can advise Mario over the headset to challenge it?  If there is a person, he has been sleeping at the wheel.

Edited by DuckIt

On 10/23/2021 at 6:42 PM, DuckIt said:

He is too passive in these situations

Mario and Mirabel were not what I would describe as passive about those calls going into the half.

But overall I agree, they need to be quicker on challenging poor officiating. The problem is there is so much of it it's hard to keep up.

• Thanks 1

On 10/23/2021 at 3:47 PM, C J said:

Mario and Mirabel were not what I would describe as passive about those calls going into the half.

But overall I agree, they need to be quicker on challenging poor officiating. The problem is there is so much of it it's hard to keep up.

Those calls are so crucial in tight games.  That avalanche of bad calls on Stanford's last drive, before the end of regulation, cost the Ducks that game.  Although, the offense should have never put the defense in that position, with their backs against the wall.  They should have ate more clock by running the ball and forcing Stanford to burn another timeout.  Just the extra timeout alone killed us.  Still, you can't deny that the refs were on a mission to hand the Ducks their first loss.

Edited by DuckIt

On 10/23/2021 at 5:04 PM, Haywarduck said:

What do you say now?

They dipped the Chip!

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1