kirklandduck

Comcast/Xfinity Blacking Out West Coast B10 Games Due to Carrier Dispute

And Xfinity wonders why they're losing subscribers in droves.

WWW.OREGONLIVE.COM

An apparent dispute between the cable provider and network could...

• Yikes! 1

The antidote:

TV.YOUTUBE.COM

Stream live TV from ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, ESPN & popular cable networks in English and Spanish. Record without DVR storage space limits. Try it free. Cancel anytime.

• Thanks 2
  • Applause 3

Another reason why CFB needs a 40-team or fewer Super Conference with its own network controlling all of the Super Conference broadcast inventory and charging per annum or by game for broadcast access and directly selling advertising without 3rd party (network) middlemen. 

One of the if not The Most important rankings in CFB is the number of viewers watching a given team. What if media revenue shares were based on 'eyes on the prize,' which is coming soon? Cable companies and networks should not have this leverage over CFB game inventory. 

This stinks. I'm glad I'm on DISH. 

I just want Oregon football.  No interest in anything else that cable or tv have to offer..

• Like 1

When the Big Ten Network launched in 2007 there was a dispute with Comcast that lasted until the 2008 season.  It took a year to resolve for Comcast to show B1GNetwork.

Subsequently there have been more Comcast disputes, and "negotiation holds" with other carriers.  It is not new, and the only option for subscribers is to call Comcast and complain.  Links below are just two examples:

https://publish.illinois.edu/illinoisblj/2008/04/03/wait-til-next-year-when-will-comcast-and-the-big-ten-network-reach-an-agreement/

https://deadline.com/2018/08/comcast-fox-settle-big-ten-network-carriage-dispute-college-football-1202452085/

If you have Disney+ and/or Hulu already then going for Hulu +Live TV is a better deal than YouTube TV just because it all bundles. 

Though I wish there was just a college football sports package because I probably won't use it for much else and it is still rather expensive. 

Unbelievable.  I am blacked out in EUGENE!  I need a game recording for analysis purposes, and will be scrambling between now and Saturday for solutions.  I am on hold right now after yelling at Xfinity...

• Oh no! 2
  • Yikes! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

I too will have BTN blacked out. I'm pretty angry. I'm already paying an extra $10/month for the sports package to get BTN.

Definitely time to dump comast/xfinity and find something new! Ugh!!

This seems a lot like Comcast deciding to put Root sports in a higher priced bracket last year before the start of the NBA season. I discontinued infinity but kept my internet with comcast. I chose Fubo to replace it which luckily carries the Big 10 network. I actually saved a few pennies with the switch.

I got a deal this year that gave me Peacock for $29 a Year. 

I won't go back to infinity 

THIS, is all 🐂💩!  Wasn't "consolidating" conferences, thus TV contracts, suppose to have streamlined the ability to stream/broadcast college football in order to institute NFL-LITE??!!

OH YEEEEAH!!! The consumer is ALWAYS at the Bottom of the "feeding frenzy" and we tend to forget about the multiple layers of "profit sharing" that always goes on behind the scenes between the consumer and the "delivery" of the final product!

I guess "capitalist" are going to "capitalize" when the money, odds, and public sentiment (Outrage!) is on their side.

(And we wonder why there is such a thing as a Billionaire!)

Now don't even get me started on the hoops and hurdles and outright Lies I had to deal with SPECTRUM'S customer service to ensure they were delivering the B1G10 channel that was listed, but not broadcasting.  (Thankfully as of August first it became available).

Here's hoping Comcast/Infinity gets their "contracts" in order....much sooner than later.  Good Luck subscriber's!

Until then...Go Ducks!

• Thumbs Up 1

If I had Comcast this would be me on the phone canceling my subscription.

image.gif.5bceed7cc72fa1ebedcdb951f9e7bfbc.gif

• Haha 1

So glad I ditched comcast! 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 8/27/2024 at 12:39 PM, Dav3d said:

So glad I ditched comcast! 

Same here. I ditched it a few years ago for Sling and TMobile home internet. I'll never go back!

For those of you who are having this issue with Comcast/Xfinity black out, you could sign up with Fubo.tv free trial.  Just to get you through as a temporary solution for this game.

This link will take you to the welcome site.  You will see Start Free Trial in the upper right corner in red.  Once you sign up, you can click on Sports, will be easiest to find BIG Network.

When on Guide you can click under the "Search for Channels" box there is the pull down menu to find Saturday. Once on Saturday, find the Oregon game at 4:30 pm.  I believe you can also record it.

I hope you will find this helpful.

WWW.FUBO.TV

Watch ABC, CBS, FOX, NBC, ESPN and other top channels live - without cable TV. On your phone, TV and more. No contract. DVR included.

🤞There are some rumblings this will get worked out by Saturday.   No guarantees but a ray of hope.

• Thumbs Up 1

I went through this crap with Charter and the P12 Network for years before they finally came to an agreement.

I'd probably be a cable customer forever if they didn't keep jacking up my rates every other month.  I guess the cable business model is to just screw their customers while they can before the medium becomes obsolete.

On 8/27/2024 at 11:45 AM, David Marsh said:

If you have Disney+ and/or Hulu already then going for Hulu +Live TV is a better deal than YouTube TV just because it all bundles. 

Though I wish there was just a college football sports package because I probably won't use it for much else and it is still rather expensive. 

On YouTube TV, I have the primary B1G channel and 3 additional B1G overflow channels.

Does Hulu Live TV also have that?

Curious since I originally believed it was a unique perk of YTTV, but I could see a streaming service offering the B1G Network and the overflow channels would be included by default.

I get 1 B1G channel (main one) on Hulu + Live TV

Edited by Gotcha
added text

On 8/27/2024 at 2:11 PM, cartm25 said:

On YouTube TV, I have the primary B1G channel and 3 additional B1G overflow channels.

Does Hulu Live TV also have that?

Curious since I originally believed it was a unique perk of YTTV, but I could see a streaming service offering the B1G Network and the overflow channels would be included by default.

It looks like there are at least ways to access it. It might be through the Foxsports app which the Hulu login would work for at least. 

I hate Comcast/xfinity!

• Thanks 1

How To Watch Oregon Ducks vs. Idaho Vandals, Comcast/Xfinity Big Ten Network Black Out

How to watch the Oregon Ducks vs. the Idaho Vandals. Big Ten Network currently blacked out on Comcast/Xfinity for Oregon, Washington, USC, UCLA games.

Oregon, Washington, USC and UCLA fans are all affected by the distributions rights issues. The good news is, this same issue happened when Nebraska, Rutgers, and Maryland were added to the Big Ten and the problem was resolved.

Hulu, Youtube TV and Fubo are popular distributors and providers that carry the Big Ten network.

On radio, fans can listen on KUJZ-FM 95.3 (Eugene) | KFXX-AM 1080 (Portland) | Sirius: 133 | XM: 197

WWW.SI.COM

The Oregon Ducks kick off their inaugural season in the Big Ten conference on Saturday afternoon against the Idaho Vandals in transfer quarterback Dillon Gabrie

They and our neighbors to the north are Rat-Bastards....

giphy.gif

• Applause 1

Mr. FishDuck

Another reason why CFB needs a 40-team or fewer Super Conference with its own network controlling all of the Super Conference broadcast inventory and charging per annum or by game for broadcast access and directly selling advertising without 3rd party (network) middlemen. 

One of the if not The Most important rankings in CFB is the number of viewers watching a given team. What if media revenue shares were based on 'eyes on the prize,' which is coming soon? Cable companies and networks should not have this leverage over CFB game inventory. 

This stinks. I'm glad I'm on DISH. 

Somewhere Larry Scott has a crap eating grin on his face.  (Hopefully because that is what he just ate.)

P.S. I just got auto corrected with a substitute word = crap.

• Haha 1

I started using TobigoTv because it will play on any computer or smart device (TV, phone). I just pay $17/month for my subscription and they send me the login instructions. I use the IPTV Smarters Pro app to play their content. It works really good with my Spectrum cable internet. Below is a sample of some of the sports channels I get (all in 4K). I also get every NFL, MLB, NHL game along with over 200 ESPN+ channels which are great for the off chance you want to see a Big Sky or Ivy League game. Oh, and I also get all PPV fights for free.

IMG_0231.jpeg

IMG_0232.jpeg

IMG_0233.jpeg

IMG_0234.jpeg

IMG_0235.jpeg

• Like 1

The stations we need to watch B1G games are...

CBS

NBC

NBC-Peacock Streaming

B1G Network

Fox

Fox Sports 1

Fox Sports 2  (Many don't think we need this, but when a prior game goes late--they may push ours to FS2 until the other game is done on FS1.  Then we move back to FS1)

Something I am looking closely at, is how Fubo is focused on Sports, and has a bunch of smaller networks that carried Oregon Baseball games.  I had to subscribe for a month on a few to get the weekend series in Houston and at California school that was not in our league.

What I am also seeing is how many other stations these carriers have.  I might just cut the cord myself if I like the total lineup.

Mr. FishDuck

On 8/27/2024 at 5:11 PM, Charles Fischer said:

CBS

NBC

NBC-Peacock Streaming

B1G Network

Fox

Fox Sports 1

Fox Sports 2  (Many don't think we need this, but when a prior game goes late--they may push ours to FS2 until the other game is done on FS1.  Then we move back to FS1)

Something I am looking closely at, is how Fubo is focused on Sports, and has a bunch of smaller networks that carried Oregon Baseball games.  I had to subscribe for a month on a few to get the weekend series in Houston and at California school that was not in our league.

What I am also seeing is how many other stations these carriers have.  I might just cut the cord myself if I like the total lineup.

Check out Sling, their sports extra package has quite a lot on top of their standard orange package.

WWW.SLING.COM

Get front row access to top teams when you watch live...

CBS

NBC

NBC-Peacock Streaming

B1G Network

Fox

Fox Sports 1

I am a neanderthal when it comes to this stuff, but won't we also need ESPN to watch OBD in the playoffs?  

CBS

NBC

NBC-Peacock Streaming

B1G Network

Fox

Fox Sports 1

I believe you can get all of this with YouTube TV, plus all the ESPN channels and other college networks. In addition, you get up to three BIG network channels for overflow (probably critical for hoops and other non-football sports).   I did a ton of research and I kept landing back on YouTube TV as my best option for this year.  

I signed up last week and they have a deal this month for something like $54/mo for the first 4 months.  

Sometimes you have to laugh. It is almost like the cable companies are trying to go out of business. 

Edited by GeotechDuck
  • Applause 2

Laughable.

Subscribe to a Xfinity service and then blackout the reason that you paid for the service. Xfinity’s business motto must be…if your customers don’t hate you, then you aren’t trying hard enough. 

Thanks to all for posting the other options.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

• Haha 1

Mr. FishDuck

Ive hated comcrap forever. They give you a contract then raise the bill 3 times a year. Contract, what contract? Fight on! To He----ll with our subscribers!! What ever happened with regulations and proper legalities? When are people going to learn?

I must say, I am very impressed with the channel line-up of both Fubo and YouTube TV.  I made an extensive list of channels that I watch on Comcast/Xfinity, and checked both Fubo and YouTube TV to see the best compatibility of favorite channels.  Both were excellent for all the sports needs, but YouTube TV had a few more stations that I like to check into and the tiny few not available were not deal-killers for me.

So, YouTube TV is what I'm going with, and I am getting mine set up before the game on Saturday. I'm taking advantage of their four-month sale of $53.00 a month and then going up to $73.00 a month thereafter.

I have an older TV, and thus I am using a Roku devise to attach the streaming service of YouTube TV to what I have.  (Ok...the tech guy did it!) 

I will actually have both Comcast/Xfinity and YouTube TV for the next four months to determine how well I like it, and I might cut the cord after the football season.  What I like about YouTube TV is an unlimited game/show storage in the cloud, but what I do not like is NO slow-motion as I do with a TiVo DVR with Comcast/Xfinity. 

For football--that is crucial, so I might end up getting screwed by doing both--because I need the slow-motion for analysis and better enjoyment. But I cannot be blacked out of Our Beloved Ducks in any sport, and my gut feeling is that 1) this is going to go on for a while, and 2) other snags will emerge that YouTube TV can solve as a backup.

I waste money like crazy on my Oregon-obsession....and I love it, so what is a little more?

giphy-downsized-large.gif

• Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck