Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Charles Fischer

Ticks me OFF: The Media Spin about Oregon Fans

I have never thought for ONE SECOND that the fans were booing the team. They were booing Cristobal, period. Maybe it's time for our version of a now-famous chant: "Let's Go Dye!!!, Let's Go Dye!!!, . . ."

On 10/29/2021 at 6:49 PM, Charles Fischer said:

It was also founded on truth...and the freedom of the media--that has now been corrupted into a spin machine--even with our Ducks.

Again...the media are portraying the fans as the problem as did Cristobal the other day.  The people who pay the bills of the athletic department, the ridiculous contracts of the coaches....whose tuning in on TV make the sportscasters rich....they are the problem?

Peter Finch.jpg

It makes me mad as....

To me, if we boo the "product on the field", because we spend our $ on tickets etc, we have become spectators only and are no longer "fans of college athletics".

Most of us are alumni, or long time followers. We cheer "in support" of our student athletes. 

What ever happened to "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything ".

The truth is, while you might be disgruntled with the play calling, the guy next to you who is less educated in actual football knowledge, is unhappy with the player. 

And who knows, we all hear and see and make our own conclusions. 

Sports guys, especially the big guns are lazy. They blow into a town and read the notes their staff gives them. In all the years with Chip, Herbie & Co never once understood his offense.

Booing your college team, especially when they are 5-1, is news worthy. Autzen fans don't boo as a rule, and at least half the boos were against AB.

On a personal note, I've gone back and forth on this issue and I've decided for me, booing is never appropriate under any circumstance. 

I would really like to see some civility come back as a nation. If we can't do that for our team  which we love...

...when can we.

On 10/30/2021 at 11:48 AM, DanLduck said:

To me, if we boo the "product on the field", because we spend our $ on tickets etc, we have become spectators only and are no longer "fans of college athletics".

Most of us are alumni, or long time followers. We cheer "in support" of our student athletes. 

What ever happened to "if you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything ".

The truth is, while you might be disgruntled with the play calling, the guy next to you who is less educated in actual football knowledge, is unhappy with the player. 

And who knows, we all hear and see and make our own conclusions. 

Sports guys, especially the big guns are lazy. They blow into a town and read the notes their staff gives them. In all the years with Chip, Herbie & Co never once understood his offense.

Booing your college team, especially when they are 5-1, is news worthy. Autzen fans don't boo as a rule, and at least half the boos were against AB.

On a personal note, I've gone back and forth on this issue and I've decided for me, booing is never appropriate under any circumstance. 

I would really like to see some civility come back as a nation. If we can't do that for our team  which we love...

...when can we.

Again...I stated twice in the first post that this was not to be a rehashed discussion about the merits or booing or not.  This thread was about the spin by the media; it is you who is steering it away from the topic.

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 10/30/2021 at 12:13 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Again...I stated twice in the first post that this was not to be a rehashed discussion about the merits or booing or not.  This thread was about the spin by the media; it is you who is steering it away from the topic.

Yes, I did give some rehash, but I also addressed the media spin. Sorry. I missed previous discussion. My bad.