Charles Fischer

So Many Doubters...Lanning Wins a B1G One!

On 10/12/2024 at 9:21 PM, Charles Fischer said:

The bad thing about the Buckeye fans at Autzen?  So damn many of them.

The good thing about so many Buckeye fans at Autzen?  Many bought season tickets for nothing

Well, maybe not for nothing. They will fire sale the remaining tickets, dropping them like hot potatoes on the secondary market. Oregon fan will happily snatch them up with a "Why thank you, Bucknuts, see you in Indy in December!"

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Buckeye fans can take one thing home and feel good about....   It was a quality loss 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 10/12/2024 at 8:45 PM, Mike West said:

I thought Howard was more consistent than Gabriel.  Dillon threw some absolutely beautiful passes tonight.

If DG had just three more accurate throws and one proper read, we're talking another ten points on the board.

DG faced more pressure over the duration of the game in my "super hack" opinion.

Ohio State fans are going to blame Howard tonight.  They couldn't be  more (absolutely) wrong. 

Oklahoma and KSU sure made major mistakes going with potential instead of proven experience.  Both teams would be undefeated this very moment,  and KSU would be ahead by 14 as I write. 

In the end, final score matters.

Besides missing a wide open Tez in the endzone, Dillon played pretty good.

Good enough to win.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

On 10/13/2024 at 12:58 AM, DanLduck said:

Good enough to win.

At the end of the day, that’s what matters!

• Go Ducks! 1

On 10/12/2024 at 11:45 PM, Mike West said:

I thought Howard was more consistent than Gabriel.  Dillon threw some absolutely beautiful passes tonight.

If DG had just three more accurate throws and one proper read, we're talking another ten points on the board.

DG faced more pressure over the duration of the game in my "super hack" opinion.

Ohio State fans are going to blame Howard tonight.  They couldn't be  more (absolutely) wrong. 

Oklahoma and KSU sure made major mistakes going with potential instead of proven experience.  Both teams would be undefeated this very moment,  and KSU would be ahead by 14 as I write. 

Gabe accounted for 341 yards; 235 yards on plays of 25 yards or more. ZERO sacks vs. a group of tOSU D guys headed to the NFL. 

Move over Jeanty and Cam Ward. In the B1Ggest game in CFB to date Gabe delivered. And the 1st 2 games 7 sacks O Line; who were those guys? 0, Nudge, Nada, Sacks. 

See you Brutus on 12/7 in Indy? 

But, Danno can't win a B1G game, Right? Yuck, yuck. 

Hats off to Ducks fans in Autzen. Very little red in the stadium and HUGE noise. 

DON'T SLEEP ON PURDUE - The Boilers came from wayyyy back to take Illinois into OT. And after stumbling around, future opponent Wisconsin has blown up its last two opponents. Wisky in Mad City will be the 8-Ball on an 8 game gauntlet.

It's so good to be B1G!

GO Ducks! Blow Up The Boilers!

BTW, it gets late early back here. 😁

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Mic drop 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/13/2024 at 2:00 AM, Jon Joseph said:

Gabe accounted for 341 yards; 235 yards on plays of 25 yards or more. ZERO sacks vs. a group of tOSU D guys headed to the NFL. 

Move over Jeanty and Cam Ward. In the B1Ggest game in CFB to date Gabe delivered. And the 1st 2 games 7 sacks O Line; who were those guys? 0, Nudge, Nada, Sacks. 

See you Brutus on 12/7 in Indy? 

But, Danno can't win a B1G game, Right? Yuck, yuck. 

Hats off to Ducks fans in Autzen. Very little red in the stadium and HUGE noise. 

DON'T SLEEP ON PURDUE - The Boilers came from wayyyy back to take Illinois into OT. And after stumbling around, future opponent Wisconsin has blown up its last two opponents. Wisky in Mad City will be the 8-Ball on an 8 game gauntlet.

It's so good to be B1G!

GO Ducks! Blow Up The Boilers!

BTW, it gets late early back here. 😁

DG was great tonight on the long ball, but the over the middle passes were behind the receiver several times. Overall a great job, but the inaccurate passes were puzzling, since he has hit those well in other games.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/12/2024 at 8:16 PM, Haywarduck said:

I'll say it, we own the buckeyes, away and at home. That has to start getting in their heads. 

Also CK still hasn't gotten a win against the Ducks, love it.

In the last decade, we are now 2-0 against Ohio State. 

Yep... there's a new sheriff in town and he goes by the name, "Duck"

• Go Ducks! 2

On 10/12/2024 at 11:04 PM, Charles Fischer said:

I've never seen so many on the forum predict against Our Beloved Ducks!  That and nearly ALL the media...even Herbie!

Let's continue the after-game discussion!

Oregon football vs. Ohio State: Game updates, live score

Herbie rarely picks against his alma mater.

On 10/13/2024 at 11:27 AM, DrJacksPlaidPants said:

Doctor J, with good reason for the most part.

Last Night? Never A Doubt! 😍👌

I owe Puddles a B1G apology--Sorry 🙏 

• Go Ducks! 1

On 10/13/2024 at 8:27 AM, DrJacksPlaidPants said:

But in the end, Herbie may be right: Ducks win the National Championship. 

• Go Ducks! 1

On 10/13/2024 at 9:36 AM, Desert Duck said:

But in the end, Herbie may be right: Ducks win the National Championship. 

Desmond also picked the Ducks to win the championship, and unlike Herbie, picked the Ducks, along with McAfee and Olsen, so well done, Des! The game @ Michigan might not even offered to pick.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Ok, needed all night to celebrate and let the blood pressure calm down.  My takes:

1. Lanning does win big games.

2. Lanning and staff out coached Day and Chip.

3. Speaking of which, UO still undefeated vs Chip. 5-0.  Keep him coming.

4. Coaching can still improve: don’t save a first half time out on that first drive non-called interception by not challenging it or taking timeout to look longer/give replay official more time to evaluate.  Big miss = 7 points.

5. UO killed it on national stage. A+ on College GameDay, Autzen crowd noise (which was worth at least 3 points).  Huge marketing boost which the win only amplifies for years to come with recruits.

6. UO has the talent to beat anyone. Even missing Burch for 4 quarters and Holden for 3. DG is elite.

7. TEs can do better. So can short yardage must-make play calling and execution.  Not elite.

8. We beat Ohio St AGAIN!

9. Fine line between cocky and arrogant. See Holden.  Did hear he was beyond distraught with his own  behavior so much they had to have his dad come down from the stands to locker room. Big team lesson.

10.  Remember when we were worried about the OLine?!  Lol

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Don’t know why that double posted posted, sorry, tried to delete

Edited by AllOregon

Huskies boat raced

Beavs lose to Nevada

Ducks beat Ohio St on College GameDay.

Perfect day.

Edited by AllOregon
  • Go Ducks! 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Great post! 1

And By Comparison, Traveler is Jockyed by the $10M Man. 😁

TROJANSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Coulda, shoulda, woulda. It’s getting very old very quickly for USC football fans in the Lincoln Riley era. This is not what Riley was paid to do at USC.

I believe Lincoln attended Mari(o)'s clinic on When to Call a Time Out.

• Haha 1

On 10/13/2024 at 9:52 AM, Jon Joseph said:

Traveler 

Not to beat a dead horse...but I guess the finances @ U$C are such that Riley will be strapped to the hitching post for a couple more years and rumors of U$C being dead won't be exaggerated, The fans @ SC are front runners, so they aren't doing a lot of crying. Trojan football ain't cool no more and is just disappearing. 

• Haha 1
  • Applause 2

On 10/13/2024 at 9:46 AM, AllOregon said:

Huskies boat raced

Beavs lose to Nevada

Perfect day.

UO in the BIG: 3-0. SUC, fuskies and UCLA combined: 3-8.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

You know, I'm surprised nobody brought up DL's decision to go for it on 4th and Goal instead of taking the points late, and two drives earlier  that 4th and 1 at midfield ( I think) instead of punting.

Is everyone getting used to DL's aggressive nature, or is it because he won last night?

I for one don't trust our short range FG kicker.  Though he was clutch when the chips were down.  If given the chance earlier, that would have forced Ohio State to score a TD on their last drive had he converted. 

I thought the decisions were pretty risky.  Though Ohio State was playing lights out all game.  Any thoughts on that?

Bueller?

Bueller?

• Thumbs Up 2

On 10/13/2024 at 12:58 AM, DanLduck said:

Dillon played pretty good.

Good enough to win.

Ummm... yes. I'd have to agree with you. 

23/34 - 67%

341 yards passing

32 yards rushing - avg 8 YPC

2 passing TDs.

1 running TD

0 picks

• Applause 1

Keep The Puddles Love Comin'!

WWW.CBSSPORTS.COM

The Ducks are suddenly the new heavyweight of the Big Ten -- and we wouldn't say no to a rematch in Indianapolis

On 10/13/2024 at 10:20 AM, Mike West said:

You know, I'm surprised nobody brought up DL's decision to go for it on 4th and Goal instead of taking the points late, and two drives earlier  that 4th and 1 at midfield ( I think) instead of punting.

Is everyone getting used to DL's aggressive nature, or is it because he won last night?

I for one don't trust our short range FG kicker.  Though he was clutch when the chips were down.  If given the chance earlier, that would have forced Ohio State to score a TD on their last drive had he converted. 

I thought the decisions were pretty risky.  Though Ohio State was playing lights out all game.  Any thoughts on that?

Bueller?

Bueller?

I think in this kind of a game, in that situation, you either go for it, or go home. 

Although you are definitely right regarding the win certainly moving that decision to the background a bit. Had we lost, we absolutely would have been talking about it a lot more.

Edited by Desert Duck

On 10/13/2024 at 1:20 PM, Mike West said:

Bueller?

Bueller?

I thought he learned his lesson last year in Seattle. I guess he figured he would get another shot at OSU if he lost, but he’s not the kind of guy I’m taking gambling advice from.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/13/2024 at 1:01 PM, 30Duck said:

Not to beat a dead horse...but I guess the finances @ U$C are such that Riley will be strapped to the hitching post for a couple more years and rumors of U$C being dead won't be exaggerated, The fans @ SC are front runners, so they aren't doing a lot of crying. Trojan football ain't cool no more and is just disappearing. 

Student Body Right has Left the Coli. SC would be awesome in a 7 on 7 league. 😁

• Haha 1

On 10/13/2024 at 11:44 AM, AllOregon said:

9. Fine line between cocky and arrogant. See Holden.  Did hear he was beyond distraught with his own  behavior so much they had to have his dad come down from the stands to locker room. Big team lesson.

It was a terrible decision and could have cost his team the game. I'm glad to see that he realizes it and hope his teammates and coaches pick him up this week. Also hope that he apologizes to the Ohio State player, learns from it and moves on.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 10/13/2024 at 12:20 PM, Mike West said:

I'm not sure that Coach Lanning believed that Oregon's defense was not capable of stopping Ohio State's offense, at that point. Ohio State seemed to have all of the momentum at that time. I didn't hate the decision because, even if you don't convert, you pin their offense back deep.  

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Looks like Saturday Tradition is taking a cue from NBC - 

SATURDAYTRADITION.COM

Ohio State and Oregon delivered on the Game of the Year potential in a showdown of Big Ten juggernauts.

First the Wolverines and now the Ducks. Yuck, yuck. 

On 10/13/2024 at 12:30 PM, Desert Duck said:

Ummm... yes. I'd have to agree with you. 

23/34 - 67%

341 yards passing

32 yards rushing - avg 8 YPC

2 passing TDs.

1 running TD

0 picks

I really don't understand what some Duck fans expect from DG.  

Yes, he missed some open throws and receivers -- all QBs do. DG is a big game QB who beat Texas last season and Ohio State this season.  What Oregon QB has had more success during his career, against elite opponents, than DG has? 

DG was brought to Oregon to win these type of games.  He delivered.  I could care less if he completed 50% of his passes...just win, baby!

"Whether or not Gabriel or Howard wind up in New York for the Heisman ceremony, both players have the arm, skill set, leadership abilities and weapons to win a national title."

-- Paul Harvey, Saturday Tradition

Edited by OregonDucks
  • Thanks 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

We are so fortunate at that ending.  I was certain we had been Lanning-ed again when he refused to kick the field goal. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/13/2024 at 12:46 PM, AllOregon said:

Huskies boat raced

Beavs lose to Nevada

Perfect day.

Kiffin also choked one away in a heartbreaker if hating on Lane is still chic.

• Haha 1
  • Applause 1
  • Like 1

On 10/13/2024 at 3:03 PM, DrJacksPlaidPants said:

Kiffin also choked one away in a heartbreaker if hating on Lane is still chic.

RETURN ON PORTAL INVESTMENT:

OREGON - A

OHIO STATE - A

OLE MISS - Vs. Cupcakes - A / Vs. SEC Teams - F - Including at home vs Kentucky, a team that just lost to Vandy in Lexington.

• Applause 1

You know, I'm surprised nobody brought up DL's decision to go for it on 4th and Goal instead of taking the points late

I was thinking about it, but figured that Stein had another miracle play ready.  But like one of the 4th downs vs. Washington last year....the QB missed an open receiver.  It happens.

Mr. FishDuck

Bueller?

Bueller?

I personally supported the decision to go for it on the 4th and goal, at that point it felt like a game where you might need to keep pace TD to TD.  I also felt like the defense might be able to stuff them at the line of scrimmage if they decided to run.  

I was also thinking about it on that last drive.  I was so convinced that the receivers for tOSU would get them in field goal position, and I had confidence in their kicker to make it.  I thought you might have to force them to score a touchdown.  In the end I actually supporter either decision at the end of the game.  I don't think I would have regretted either decision (of course I say that with hindsight).

On 10/12/2024 at 9:22 PM, Desert Duck said:

That kickoff play where we drilled the OSU player was deliberate. 

I can't believe the call, but we had the 15 yard penalty on OSU from the previous play so Lanning decided to go for it. 

So even if OSU recovered it on the 40, they would have ended up on the 25.

Crazy, genius, massive big coconuts call!

Sorry everyone. My understanding of when they apply the penalty was wrong. The penalty is applied from where the ball is kicked, and not after they receive the ball. 

But I really liked my completely incorrect understanding :classic_ohmy:

"It Ain’t What You Don’t Know That Gets You Into Trouble. It’s What You Know for Sure That Just Ain’t So" - Mark Twain

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 1

On 10/13/2024 at 6:49 PM, Desert Duck said:

Sorry everyone. My understanding of when they apply the penalty was wrong. The penalty is applied from where the ball is kicked, and not after they receive the ball. 

But I really liked my completely incorrect understanding :classic_ohmy:

No need to apologize.

If it were Ohio State kicking then the B1G refs would have enforced the penalty from the end of the run…

• Haha 2

Love the clips with all the doubters being proven wrong…

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Mic drop 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/12/2024 at 11:09 PM, 1Ducker1 said:

I couldnt be happier--

Ditto! What an absolute gem. That was truly a surreal experience. So happy for everyone who got to be at Autzen and for those guys in that locker rooom. The process is paying off. 

Seeing the raw emotions on Dan's face made me want to run through my tv. This team has something special and I am glad we all get to witness it. Enjoy this one and onto Purdue. Go Ducks and beat those Boilermakers!!!!!! We ride baby.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Rewatching the game, the play call to go deep to Evan Stewart was a ballsy call in the situation by OC Will Stein (note: the TV announcer said that he changed the play at the line of scrimmage, so he must of saw something in the coverage).  It was 2nd and 12 on Oregon's 23 yard line, and Oregon was down by 8, early in the second quarter.  Ohio State seemed to have all of the momentum at that point.  If we missed, it would have been 3rd and 12 against one of the best defenses in the country.

Kudos to Stein and Lanning for taking the shot and to DG for putting the ball on the money to an open E Stew.  Great play!

Then Coach Lanning decides to play dodgeball off the Ohio State up man on the pursuing kickoff.  Think they were taking some shots and playing to win?!

Edited by OregonDucks
  • Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Then with 1:25 remaining in the second quarter down 6, from around mid-field, on 3rd and 9, Coach Stein decides to take another deep shot to Tez Johnson, this time?!  Of course, DG sits calmly in the pocket and tosses the pass to Tez in stride like he is playing catch in his backyard.

Man, these coaches showed some big ones. I have no issues taking deep shots but the situations they decided to take them were B1G (as failure to convert would have killed drives and possible momentum). Ohio State also had all 3 TOs remaining.  Kudos for Oregon's coaching staff for playing to win.

Edited by OregonDucks
  • Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Trojans Wire on the Dan Band Wagon. WOW!

TROJANSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

It is bad enough USC can’t get its act together. It’s even worse that Dan Lanning and Oregon just beat USC for a top D-line recruit from Mater Dei. This is brutal.

BRUTAL for SC. Where's my hanky and blankie?😊 

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/14/2024 at 11:16 AM, Jon Joseph said:

Trojans Wire on the Dan Band Wagon. WOW!

TROJANSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

It is bad enough USC can’t get its act together. It’s even worse that Dan Lanning and Oregon just beat USC for a top D-line recruit from Mater Dei. This is brutal.

BRUTAL for SC. Where's my hanky and blankie?😊 

My goodness what a sorry state of affairs over there in LA. LOL. But hey.... at least they are coming to terms with it!!!

• Haha 1

On 10/14/2024 at 11:43 AM, NYDuck said:

My goodness what a sorry state of affairs over there in LA. LOL. But hey.... at least they are coming to terms with it!!!

Get ready to write Lincoln a B1G CHECK! 😍

• Haha 1

Beat reporters preparing for a new gig with USC Spots media:

Self-flagellation GIFs - Find & Share on GIPHY

• Haha 3

A few observations.

Though the stats were fairly close, Oregon won every meaningful stat (including the score), even if by a small margin. If I looked at the box not actually knowing the score I would have thought Ducks 38 useless nuts 28. 

The nickel and dime stuff I was worried about (and stated the Duck could not beat OSU with) seems to thankfully be gone. It's still not 25 yards in a cloud of dust early Kelly stuff (you couldn't do that vs OSU either) but they took shots down field successfully, stretched the D in every direction and got big plays when big plays were needed. Well done!

Having lived in Ohio for the better part of 7 years of my life (I'm in Maryland now, maybe I should change my name on here) and knowing some OSU fans that are most great people and knowledgeable football fans, they will tell you the Ryan Day getting out coached is not unusual. Even in games they win they somehow have made games a lot closer then they should have vs far inferior players. I've scratched my head often about that. He gets great players and wins a lot of games, but eventually he has to beat that team up north or he will not last much longer.

That said, yes DL out coached Day. He made some good decisions, maybe some very crafty next level ones. It's good to see he's growing as a head coach! 

There is a lot of exciting football left this season. I have to get back on cable or find a streaming service to watch it now.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1