Welcome to Autzen!!!

A little bit louder now.

A little bit louder now!

A Little Bit Louder Now!!

A LITTLE BIT LOUDER NOW!!!

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

I just want to say kudos to all on this board who followed the plans talked about here to make as much noise as possible at the game! At times I "could hardly hear myself think" and I believe that was also true for the Buckeyes on many occasions.

• Salute 1
  • Great post! 3
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

WE WANT VANDY! 😁

• Haha 3
  • Mic drop 1
  • Great post! 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Up in section 29, I thought I saw the east scoreboard hit 127dB in the 4th quarter when Howard took the sack on that last tOSU drive. That could be an Autzen record. People around me were wearing earplugs. I should have been as my ears are still ringing gloriously this morning.

The few functioning auditory sensory cells I had left after nearly seventy years are now shot to hell. I think my wife is trying to say something to me about something.

What?

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1
  • Mic drop 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

"I think the Autzen crowd noise is overrated."

"What?"

" I SAID I THINK THE AUTZEN CROWD NOISE IS OVERRATED! "

• Haha 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Before the game I talked to an Ohio State fan in the shuttle bus parking lot, and he said he thought the Ducks and the Buckeyes could end up playing each other 3 times this year. Could be... 🙂

• Cool 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

On 10/13/2024 at 9:00 AM, Jon Joseph said:

WE WANT VANDY! 😁

So damn funny. We've got next level coaching, and next level fan signage!

I nearly spit my coffee out laughing when I saw that yesterday morning on GameDay. 

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 1

On 10/13/2024 at 9:31 AM, Annie said:

Before the game I talked to an Ohio State fan in the shuttle bus parking lot, and he said he thought the Ducks and the Buckeyes could end up playing each other 3 times this year. Could be... 🙂

Absolutely. Yesterday, B1G Championship, and the Playoffs. That would be nuts. 

Thankfully, we just won Round One!

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/13/2024 at 9:05 AM, EastBayDuckDad said:

Up in section 29, I thought I saw the east scoreboard hit 127dB in the 4th quarter when Howard took the sack on that last tOSU drive. That could be an Autzen record. People around me were wearing earplugs. I should have been as my ears are still ringing gloriously this morning.

The few functioning auditory sensory cells I had left after nearly seventy years are now shot to hell. I think my wife is trying to say something to me about something.

What?

I'm sorry... I can't quite hear you this morning. What'd you say? :classic_cool:🤪😅

• Haha 1

Hopefully it will be Ducks not Nuts..

• Let’s hope! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/13/2024 at 9:49 AM, Notalot said:

Hopefully it will be Ducks not Nuts..

"Chestnuts & Buckeye nuts roasting on an open fire..."

I'm suddenly feeling in the Christmas Carol singing mood. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Saw this. 

IMG_6573.jpeg

• Haha 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

On 10/13/2024 at 12:35 PM, GeotechDuck said:

Saw this. 

IMG_6573.jpeg

LOL.  The quote should be in all CAPS!!!!

WHAT'D YOU SAY?!!!!

Edited by OregonDucks
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/13/2024 at 11:46 AM, The Kamikaze Kid said:

A little bit louder now.

A little bit louder now!

A Little Bit Louder Now!!

A LITTLE BIT LOUDER NOW!!!

I bet his favorite part of the game was “A little bit softer now”.

• Haha 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

From many of the camera angles it looked like Ohio State had upwards of 15K-20K fans. That’s pretty impressive if it was that loud.

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm guessing they had maybe 10,000, occupying most of the upper deck southwest part of Autzen and scattered through the stadium. They did make some noise when Bucknut scored but mainly covered their ears. 

The decibels did reach 127.  The Buckeyes represented, but I don't think they got to 20K.  That means 1/3 were tOSU fans?  I can definitely see 10-12K were tOSU fans.

I've been a season ticket holder since 2002.  I don't remember a game as loud as this one.  Fright Night was wild, the OT win against the fuskies and the Civil War for the roses were all electric, but this one just felt different.

Holy cow tOSU fans showed.  Buying season tickets for just this game?  That's some serious committment.  I'd also note the ones around us were good fans, not obnoxious jerks like some some (Boise State for example).  

That said, when it came down to decibels it was like they weren't even there.  Duck fans are on another level when it comes to crowd noise affecting the game.

• Thumbs Up 1

During the broadcast, there were multiple closeups of both Dan Lanning and Ryan Day... For most of the game, Lanning looked focused and eager, even excited for what would happen next. It was obvious the players were intent on what he was trying to communicate.

In contrast, Day appeared flushed, and nervous, even at times, extremely frustrated. Definitely not the demeanor of a man intent on inspiring his warriors to battle harder.

Which would you choose to run through a wall for?

Edited by woundedknees
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 10/14/2024 at 12:05 PM, woundedknees said:

In contrast, Day appeared flushed, and nervous, even at times, extremely frustrated. Definitely not the demeanor of a man intent on inspiring his warriors to battle harder.

Not knowing the clock rules and time management, inside one minute to go, is inexcusable. 

Saw this quote on Josh Pate's YouTube channel:

Was at the game as an Ohio State fan. 50yd line, 6 rows from the field. Easily the loudest stadium I’ve been in. Horseshoe has never sounded like that.

I've got a question for those around here.  Why do you think Northwest fans in general have a rep being really good environments?  Oregon/Basketball have had great reps for loudness, Blazers have traditionally been regarded as very good to among the best when they have a good team, Timbers and Sounders generally have some of the best environments, the Seahawks, Huskies, Sonics (when they were there) generally have been regarded as loud crowds.  

For Autzen, we are really blessed with a stadium designed that maximizes the sound, I can only imagine what it will be like if we redo the North side of Autzen to mirror the South, that will be electric if it ever happens.

I think stadium design helps (we have roofs! an accident of climatology). But with some big OOC wins in the 2000s, the narrative was picked up by the national media and since then it has really has become a point of pride and ingrained in the fanbase culture. My 2 cents.