Charles Fischer

Oregon/Oregon State Game Score Prediction Contest

Hello My OBD Forum Friends!

Lets get these predictions started and remember I look for the spread with then the closest score that has the spread correct. The data I need from you is:  (entries without all the information are invalid, and predictions on other threads don't count as I am not going to hunt them all down)

--the winner

--the score, and the tiebreaker information needed from each of you is...

--the amount of turnovers Oregon creates

--the number of sacks Oregon records on the opposing team

--the number of passing yards. 

My guess is:  Oregon 34-31, 1, 2, 240

OSU Fan_Kevin Cline.jpg

Mr. FishDuck

Oregon 37- 29 3, 3, 212

Beaver fan can't even spell "Dye" correctly.

Oregon 28 - 24, 2, 3, 265.

• Haha 2

Jonathan Smith is going to stop the Ducks from running just like he did last year. So that leaves the game on Anthony Brown's shoulders and his ability to make accurate reads and throws. Can he get back to the form he had against UCLA and Colorado?

Meanwhile the Beavers rushed for 269 yards against the Ducks last year and scored 22 points in the 4th quarter to take that game. Will DeRuyter scheme something to stop the Beav's rushing attack? If we do stifle them on the ground, can we also stop them from spreading the field with their athletic receivers?

Hate to say it but I think we will be looking at a similar result as last year. The Ducks coaching staff just has too much trouble evolving, adapting and adjusting. We don't score enough points per game to win these kinds of games. The moral of this story is we are out-coached...........again and the Cougs play the Utes for the Pac12 Championship.

Ducks 34 Beavers 41 2, 2, 210

• Thumbs Up 1

I cant make a prediction because I don't like predicting against my Ducks, so Ill just leave at that.

• Thumbs Up 2

Ducks- 36

Beavs- 20

2 turnovers

2 sacks

255 passing yards 

Ducks 38, Beavs 34, 3TO, 3 sacks, 225 yards passing, 

go Ducks!

I think this is a lousy matchup for our DUCKS. This pains me but I think Mario is a better recruiter but Jonathan is a better coach.

DUCKS 21 Beavers 35

1, 2, 198

--the winner Oregon, I mean the beavs lost in overtime to Colorado!

--the score, and the tiebreaker information needed from each of you is... 35-28 in overtime, I mean the Ducks lost to Stanford in overtime!

--the amount of turnovers Oregon creates 2

--the number of sacks Oregon records on the opposing team 4

--the number of passing yards. 248 yds.

Ducks 31 - Beavers 28 

2 turnovers

3 sacks

220 passing yards

Many have lost faith in this year's Ducks and their coaching staff. The team is riddled with injuries, and is forced to field one of the youngest teams in college football. I think WSU is going to take the Apple Cup today, which adds even more significance to The War. Last week's game in Utah was an example of how overwhelming it is to play a team surging with emotion who clearly wanted the game more.

Tomorrow's game will be different and, while the Beavers will give the Ducks everything they have, Oregon will find a way to prevail. Ducks will be Pac 12 Northern Division Champs, and I like their chances to beat Utah in a rematch for the Pac 12 crown.

Edited by latracey
  • Like 1

Up until last Saturdays loss to UT I would've picked Oregon over OSU by a slim margin. It's usually a tough game regardless unless either

team's having a really bad year.  I'm not sure the Ducks have enough healthy players in the right mindset to overcome a peaking OSU team.

Beaves 34

Ducks 31

1 TO

3 Sacks

195 passing

Edited by GODUCKS15
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 11/26/2021 at 11:11 AM, Haywarduck said:

I mean the beavs lost in overtime to Colorado!

Yes, but they also BEAT Utah...

Mr. FishDuck

Ducks win, 28-24, 2, 1, 304

Ducks 24 - Beavs 17 1, 2, 175

Ducks 22 - 20 (OT)

2 TOs

3 sacks

151 yds

On 11/26/2021 at 11:28 AM, Charles Fischer said:

Yes, but they also BEAT Utah...

And lost to WSU, my point was you really can't draw any conclusions by the records. Hopefully the home record for Oregon will come into play, but this season, right now, I can't do anything, but what I always do, pick the Ducks!

The beavs have won one game away from home, we have lost 0 at home. That is the only stat which sticks out to me, but Jon, undoubtedly has a better statistical analysis than I!

38-34 goof toothed floating bark rodents win...we get 1 take away, 2 sacks, 188 passing yards.  Sad to say.  

The Beavs stink on the road but this isn’t the typical road game. Lots of orange in the stands at Autzen. It’s a hard fought battle like last year, but Oregon drives down in the final minutes with a 7 point lead to seal it with a FG. Unfortunately, Lewis shanks it and Beavis goes on to tie it with a solid 2-minute drill. Oregon gets the ball first in OT and Lewis nails a 37 yarder. However, Beavis gets a TD for the win.

Beavers 30 - Ducks 27

0 TO’s created

2 sacks

207 passing yards.

Defense and special teams show up ( W ) Oregon 31 - 19

TO - 2

Sack - 3

Passing 298

Oregon Ducks win 38-31

2 TO

3 SACKS

200 yds passing

On 11/26/2021 at 2:56 PM, DrJacksPlaidPants said:

Lewis shanks it and Beavis goes on to tie it with a solid 2-minute drill

While Camden Lewis did make an impressive recovery from where he was the past few years, I still couldn't help wondering all season when the yips would come back. I hope you are wrong in your prediction, but I wouldn't be surprised in the least bit. 

I am still not happy about Katleman not getting a chance to lose his job on the field during game time. Could the curse of Henry Katleman become a thing?

• Thumbs Up 1

OSU

27-21

1 TO

2  sacks

148 yds passing

Ducks 38 - 30, 3, 3, 333

Ducks 31-20. 2 turnovers, 4 sacks, 205 passing yards 

Guest KingT

My concern is that team's have exposed Oregon's weakness at this point. 12/13 personnel is something Ducks didn't have an answer for vs Utah. OSU runs similar and given our D has been awful this year, I'd expect Beavs to put up 34. Our success rests on the run and AB. OSU has been good vs the run, sot that leaves AB. I'm just not sure he's got 4 scores in him, but my stretch number is 31 for Ducks.

Gameday just crushed Mario/Ducks, obliterated them on  National TV, so Mario may have been exposed a bit here for poor preparation. Smith has proven to get the most out of 3* talent and as such if we don't get pressure on QB, then we will lose. As usual, it comes down to D pressure and O protection, along with turnovers. I hope Im wrong about the score.

Guest KingT

Adding to my previous post:

Winner - Beavs 😞

Score: 34-31

Turnovers - Oregon +1

Sacks - Ducks +2

Passing yards 550 total (both teams)

Yeah, I'm not going to predict a Duck loss, but When does Mario start motivating his team, quit making teen-age, game mistakes, and stay away from stupid decisions regarding players he plays. Go Ducks!