Duck 1972

We Can't Do a Regular Poll so...

We'll do it the old fashion way. 1 name per post.  Who do you want as our next HC.

My vote is Aranda

he has already shown he could stop Riley and USC.

Aranda  (Brady or OBrien as OC...I can dream)

• Thumbs Up 1

Aranda

Wow looks like a good start for the Big A.

Go to work Uncle Phil 

Edited by Duck 1972

Aranda

We can dream but let’s get Aranda. I’ve always thought Baylor was Ducks #2 when Chip was around. They grabbed our running back that Chip got into trouble over.

It all depends on who is hired as assistant coaches.  I’m going to say whoever can get the best staff

• Thumbs Up 1

Aranda really looks good.  Injured in high school, he never played a down of college ball. But he was a linebackers coach as an undergraduate.  His defensive credentials are impressive.

Aranda or Campbell.

O'Brien. Came from the same culture as MC but has learned to developmentally coach at much higher offensive and skill levels.

• Thumbs Up 1

Petersen.

• Thumbs Up 1

Kiffin

Would love to see what an offseason with him and Ty Thompson would turn into come September.

• Thumbs Up 1

Just listened to 247sports podcast is favoring Areanda by 3/0. 

Aranda

Dave Aranda? A guy who turned it around at Baylor in year 2. From 2 wins his 1st season to a B12 championship and a Sugar Bowl this season. He does have Left Coast ties growing up in LA where his brother is a HS basketball coach and he went to Cal Lutheran. 

But why would Aranda leave the 'new B12' for a conference that is not as good and not as deep as the 'new B12?' Maybe for more $ but Baylor has a new and lucrative deal on the table. If he does leave for Oregon he must bring his OC from Baylor who came from BYU with him.

Kiffin is not leaving the SEC where he has Ole Miss in his second season in a NY6 Bowl, for the Pac-12. Today, after defeating A+M this season he has arguably the 2nd best program in the SEC W.

Bill O'Brien? He is far more realistic candidate IMO than is Aranda or Kiffin.

• Like 1

Kiffin. He has 10 wins playing in the SEC West. He’s also an offense/QB guru. Great national recruiter as well. We would always have top offensive talent because of his reputation.

Edited by DrJacksPlaidPants

Aranda won't come here so Kiffin. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Kiffin or Aranda. 

The Matt Prehm coaching update article I just posted on the forum says dependable sources have it that Kiffin is actually interested in the Oregon job. He is the kind of hot coaching commodity right now that I can see going head to head on the recruiting trail with Lincoln Riley. He'd be a grand slam if Mullens could get him.

Aranda is obviously a great coach. He seems rooted in at Baylor, but there is a reason why he hasn't signed the contract they have drawn up for him. He isn't as flashy/sexy as Kiffin, but he might fit in better with the hard hat blue collar Oregon mentality. He'd be another grand slam.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

No doubt Kiffin is a shmo but if you want to win a Naty and get some of the best recruits in the nation then he is the man (that would come here)

if you want to loligag around lose recruits and have some 8-4 seasons ? then there are a whole bunch ready to jump on PKs $$$. 

The guy is a bit of a weasel I will admit. On the plus side the only home Kiffin wants is the place that pays the most.

• Thumbs Up 1

Kiffin is making $7.5M, so $8.5M/year may not do it. One could live like Jeff Bezos off of $7.5M/year in Mississippi. Lane’s agent might angle for eight figures annually.

• Thumbs Up 1

A somewhat disappointing list but I guess I'd take a hopefully matured Kiffin out of the four. I highly doubt he would have stuck with AB through hell and high water over our star studded youngsters. Still holding out four an upper level SEC coordinator myself.

Kiffin groomng McClendon for next man up. 

Then back out out of the Boise Satte deal and schedule a series with the U.

Wilcox + Musgrave + Sirmon

Bring the real Oregon boys back home and let's do this right from now on.

Edited by C J

Kiffin

On 12/7/2021 at 8:17 PM, C J said:

Wilcox + Musgrave + Sirmon

Bring the real Oregon boys back home and let's do this right from now on.

Doing business with family can cause problems.

• Thumbs Up 1

Aranda.  If he says no, then Kiffin.

Kiffin, a pretty boy, but he can recruit and would look forward to getting a passing attack and putting points on the board.

Bill O'Brien as Head Coach, perfect fit.  Offensive Genius, NFL coaching background and look what his Alabama offense did to Georgia!  Coached Tom Brady, a developer of great QB's. Absolute perfect fit!  2nd Choice: Aranda  3rd Choice:  Kiffin

Edited by DiscoDuck

Lane Kiffin head coach

Joe Brady OC

Donte Williams DC