Charles Fischer

Whew! Greg McElroy Takes Offense to Thibs Alabama Remarks

Kayvon Thibodeaux Shares His Big Problem with Nick Saban’s Recruiting Pitch by Larry Brown of Larry Brown Sports

OK...first there was this article above that 30Duck posted with Thibs thoughts about Saban and Alabama

Greg McElroy Fires Back at Kayvon Thibodeaux over Alabama Education Remarks by Erin Walsh of Bleacher Report

Then former Alabama QB Greg McElroy fires back?  (Above) But it gets worse....(below)  And more tweets and 'disses!

Mr. FishDuck

We all knew this was coming. My guess is that KT will walk those original comments back. Too many ex-Bama players in NFL locker rooms for him not to.

Okay, KT's comments regarding another schools academics were as ill advised as Jimmy Lake's.  That said, to challenge someone to a test that purports to measure native cognitive ability as proof that ones education is superior is also inane.  

• Thumbs Up 2

On 1/14/2022 at 9:11 AM, McDuck said:

Okay, KT's comments regarding another schools academics were as ill advised as Jimmy Lake's.  That said, to challenge someone to a test that purports to measure native cognitive ability as proof that ones education is superior is also inane.  

I think he's trying to make a point.

KTs comments were dumb and unnecessary 

If he wants to be a brand as he claims, alienating a whole bunch if people is a poor strategy 

• Thumbs Up 1

Dear Greg, when Oklahoma and Texas come on board your beloved SEC will have 5 AAU member schools out of the 16 institutions of higher learning. BTW, Bama won't be one of the 5.

• Thumbs Up 1

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 1/14/2022 at 3:12 PM, 30Duck said:

KNOWLEDGE IS GOOD - FABER UNIVERSITY

• Haha 1

Really...calm down there 7th round draft pick, all crimson & white, Greggy Mc.   

Who hasn't made a statement, at lest in jest, regarding an educational institute of the south?  I have, so I'll guess I'll be taking the test with KT and Snowflake.  Boo-hoo, he picked your school.  LOL!   

Apologies if I seem completely insensitive to this whole thing, but I grew-up in a house that carried the motto of:  If you want sympathy look between sh*t and syphilis.  

I'd stick around and continue making an ass of myself on this topic, but I gotta find my Hurt Feelings Report and get it out to an emotionally distraught Gregory Vincent

McElroy A.S.A.P.  

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Welcome to the big stage, KT, the lessons will be many and hard.

He would be well advised to get some training on how to interact as his draft status is at stake. Everything is weighted when a team is deciding who to pick. Somebody who won't be welcomed in a locker room isn't as big an asset as someone who is.

The top pick, last year made $6 million, the tenth pick 3 million. Each drop down the draft ladder costs you a big of coin, some peoples life savings.

If he brings the thunder to the field, everyone will forget this storm.  The athletes before KT, let their actions do the talking.  Had the "Type A" personalities and the habits to back them up.  KT seems to me, to be intelligent, will work his way out of the NFL into a lucrative job, broadcasting, managing talent, not waiting for the wheels to fall off of an NFL Career.  Good for him, just remember, where you came from and give back to those with your time and knowledge.  Kids need mentors and good ones.  Best wishes KT.

His comments may have been ill advised, but he was asked a question and answered it honestly, if not tactfully. Don't know a lot about Alabama academics, but I'm pretty sure not many players choose Alabama for its great academics. I always remember the saying in Kentucky when I lived there in the 80's, "Thank God for Mississippi!" because Mississippi kept Kentucky from being last in everything. I'll give Alabama credit, I never heard, "Thank God for Alabama." in the same context. I do know of one person who got into academic trouble when he transferred from Alabama and a lot of his credit wouldn't transfer to the new school.

Ha!  I heard the joke a different way....that people in Alabama say, "well at least we are not Mississippi!"

Mr. FishDuck

On 1/14/2022 at 5:43 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Ha!  I heard the joke a different way....that people in Alabama say, "well at least we are not Mississippi!"

As a Duck in Alabama (Gulf Coast - so only "sorta alabama"), this is not a joke - Thank God for Mississippi is an oft-used statement. 

Wikipedia: Thank God for Mississippi is an adage used in the United States, primarily in the South

Bad publicity for KT and for the University of Oregon.  I hope Lanning brings to the team the concepts of respect and integrity.  Not sure Cristo-slow-ball brought much of that.  Maybe we'll see fewer dumb 15 yd penalties next season too!

KT asked for trouble w that comment, but anyone w a quality education would recognize that he explicitly referred to “the stigmatism” of an Alabama education and clearly didn’t say anything about the actual quality of the school or its students. 

it was figurative comment. and if people from Alabama don’t understand that, then case-in-point.

btw, the state of Alabama ranks 44th in public school education. (OR = 40, CA = 37) this is sad bc when i was in school on OR 25 yrs ago, we were #1. 😩

On 1/14/2022 at 3:32 PM, Jon Joseph said:

KNOWLEDGE IS GOOD - FABER UNIVERSITY

I believe that was a quote from Emil Faber. The founder.

On 1/14/2022 at 9:37 PM, DrJacksPlaidPants said:

I believe that was a quote from Emil Faber. The founder.

Definitely. On Emil's statue located on cite of a grate accdemmic  enstitueion of hiher laernin.' Flounder says, 'hello.'

I was more offended by the fact he worse sunglasses indoors.  

Wow! Like no one ever misspoke a word. This culture is mean spirited and back biting. I agree, KT chose 'poortly' to reference an education vs NC when choosing Oregon over Alabama. And for McElroy to call 'our' someone on national television because he's really offended sounds like middle school drama. 

I thoroughly would have enjoyed a humurous response by McElroy. He should have responded with a Southern HillBilly drawl 'bout' his education and then shown his ring. By the way, he does have a job on ESPN....hello!

But McElroy is disingenuous.  Notice his take on SEC football in the Bowl season, and especially how he trounces MSU and some name calling to boot. 

Mississippi State's standard was NOT good enough! - Greg McElroy on the Bulldogs' loss | PBS - Bing video

Maybe there is just nothing to talk about after Alabama was crushed in the NC game. They needed a fumble recovery to make the game close. That game was a beating.

On 1/15/2022 at 7:48 AM, 1Funduck said:

Wow! Like no one ever misspoke a word. This culture is mean spirited and back biting. I agree, KT chose 'poortly' to reference an education vs NC when choosing Oregon over Alabama. And for McElroy to call 'our' someone on national television because he's really offended sounds like middle school drama. 

I thoroughly would have enjoyed a humurous response by McElroy. He should have responded with a Southern HillBilly drawl 'bout' his education and then shown his ring. By the way, he does have a job on ESPN....hello!

But McElroy is disingenuous.  Notice his take on SEC football in the Bowl season, and especially how he trounces MSU and some name calling to boot. 

Mississippi State's standard was NOT good enough! - Greg McElroy on the Bulldogs' loss | PBS - Bing video

Maybe there is just nothing to talk about after Alabama was crushed in the NC game. They needed a fumble recovery to make the game close. That game was a beating.

And a top WR out before the game started, another top WR go down early in a game, a true frosh WR dropping a TD after a 13 minute drive and the Heisman winner missing a wide open receiver in the end zone.  Also didn't help that an unforced fumble by Bennett bounced right back into his hands. Game was far closer than the final score. UGA was better prepared than in the SEC champ game but UGA also, for once, got all of the good juju vs Bama.