FishDuck Article

Trojan Tantrums to Conerly Decision Announce Dan Lanning on the Recruiting Stage

I thought that since many of you do not have the subscription availability to these sites--you would enjoy it as I did!

Josh-Conerly-Jr._Twitter-of-Joshua-Coner
FISHDUCK.COM

A dilemma for many of us diehard fans of Our Beloved Ducks, is that progressing further into "Greybeard-age" does not always mean we become more noble human...
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Two Sites: FishDuck and the Our Beloved Ducks forum, The only "Forum with Decorum!" And All-Volunteer? What a wonderful community of Duck fans!

Incredible! The Trojan Faithful don't sound quite as pathetic as do the Husky Honks, but it's there. The "How does Eugene beat out USC?" They really do live on a pedestal. Just can't conceive the idea that any p[layer from anywhere at any time would choose Oregon over USC, I'll never forget how fun it was when Bill Plaschke wrote the article about Oregon taking players from SC's backyard, KT anyone? 

They're way more rational and honest than fans of that team that lost to Montana. But, that's a low bar.

• Haha 4

How.Sweet.It.IS!

• Thumbs Up 1

The title says it all.

OregonST_12922-0259-e1644084542333.jpg?w
DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

When Lincoln Riley went to USC, everyone thought he would dominate recruiting on the west coast. Then Dan Lanning came...

• Thumbs Up 1

You’d think with all that academic prowess, USuCk and fusky fans would have a clue who’s been at the top of the PAC 12 the past twenty years!

• Thumbs Up 1

Friday news

Coach Riley: Guys, I'm canceling practice today so I can watch the Master's at my $17M crib.

Coach Lanning: Guys, circle up. Welcome Josh Conerly to Eugene.

On three...1...2...3.. GO DUCKS!

• Haha 4
  • Thumbs Up 4
  • Like 1

On 4/9/2022 at 12:03 PM, EastBayDuckDad said:

Coach Riley: Guys, I'm canceling practice today so I can watch the Master's at my $17M crib.

Coach Lanning: Guys, circle up. Welcome Josh Conerly to Eugene.

On three...1...2...3.. GO DUCKS!

That nails it right there!

• Thumbs Up 5
  • Like 1

Unlike the sled pullers, USC has a genuine pedigree of past accomplishment. They talk real because they’ve been real. Their biggest obstacle to reclaiming that former glory is the inability to keep from tripping over the hubris generated by that past. They just can’t believe anyone worth anything would ever want to come to Eugene instead of Troyletown.  Arrogance is blinding, and that can work in the other’s favor.

And, let’s give credit where credit’s due? A lil shout-out to Mario for raising the elite recognition bar higher, and putting Dan in position to take advantage of it.

• Thumbs Up 5

I give credit for Mario bringing in the tremendous classes, but it really was Willie Taggart who first broke the recruiting glass ceiling at Oregon.

And I am grateful to him for that!

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 4
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

Taggart, Cristobal, they both did some good things while they were here, the best thing they did was leave. 

• Haha 5
  • Thumbs Up 3

Shot of SC signing party last night.

source.gif

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 4/9/2022 at 12:25 PM, Charles Fischer said:

I give credit for Mario bringing in the tremendous classes, but it really was Willie Taggart who first broke the recruiting glass ceiling at Oregon.

And I am grateful to him for that!

What Taggart did was realize what any good recruiter would have. Oregon isn't hard to recruit too. Sadly we had feeble recruiting up to that point. I won't give him as much credit as blame to the previous few staffs, they were pathetic. Sorry I have to disagree on this one.

We now a great recruiter, and arguably a guy who knows how to do the rest, finally!

• Thumbs Up 1

In case anyone was wondering, the Husky watch party.

images-2.jpeg

• Haha 10

A quote from Charles article "As for 2023? USC has a big lead, but it is a long time before the December and February signing dates."

So true, and after a double digit W total for Oregon and single for usc, I think we will see a Seinfeld swim shrinkage problem as sc.

• Haha 1

I am a fan of both programs......and they are both great programs......but.....

IMO Oregon hired an excellent head coach and an excellent staff to go with him

USC hired a good head coach with an average staff 

So.....after the initial hoopla wears off 

IMO Oregon might continue its progress toward a NC or being in the hunt 

USC, while making great progress at becoming an Ivy League academic institution, and winning the south more often, might struggle on the national stage. Push come to shove USC admin is more interested in other things

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

I think Alex Grinch as the Trojan defensive coordinator, is an extraordinary coach. He was the primary reason that Washington State beat Oregon four years in a row when he was there.

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 4/9/2022 at 11:08 AM, FishDuck Article said:

I thought that since many of you do not have the subscription availability to these sites--you would enjoy it as I did!

Josh-Conerly-Jr._Twitter-of-Joshua-Coner
FISHDUCK.COM

A dilemma for many of us diehard fans of Our Beloved Ducks, is that progressing further into "Greybeard-age" does not always mean we become more noble human...

Thanks for posting these quotes, Charles.....I avoid those sites.

On 4/9/2022 at 1:22 PM, fred flintstone said:

Push come to shove USC admin is more interested in other things

You certainly know more than do I about what goes on at USC, but I thought the hiring away Riley from OU was a football move. Riley was the shiny object and USC got him. He couldn't be farther from Helton and the new AD was new look too.

Now, Cowherd thinks Riley is the new Saban already, and I thought the 17 room mansion was a bit much, but Riley has won. This is a big one for Lanning and Oregon. We'll see how Cowherd handles it. 

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

I’ll have the salty tears margarita please. And keep them coming, thanks

• Thumbs Up 2

I don’t get to do this very often, but hearing the banal blusterings of USC fans is fine whine meant to be slowly enjoyed…

• Haha 6
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Trojan tears seem to me as something to be avoided.

Fun reading the comments on this article.  A lot of husky sole searching and pragmatism.

You get 5 free Seattle Times articles per month.  You can click on headlines without burning your redshirt articles.

Five-star 2022 OT Josh Conerly Jr. spurns hometown Huskies in favor of Oregon | The Seattle Times

Living in the midst of SC fans I can tell you many of them tend to be arrogant. A large percentage of them come from money and had tuition paid by mommy and daddy and think their education is at Harvard levels. They look down on schools like Oregon and the working class in general. That is why any win over these entitled elitists is enjoyable to me.

Of course they think that if a recruit picks Oregon over SC there must have been money or shady doings involved. The reality is that Eugene is a beautiful college town (as our coaches are marketing) as compared to grimy south central Los Angeles. If I could do it all over again I would definitely still go to school at Oregon versus SC. College towns really are hard to beat compared to commuter schools.

The Riley hiring has them fired up and will make Duck victories that much more enjoyable!

• Thumbs Up 9