Log Haulin

Dante Moore Decision on Friday Between 9-10:00 AM ESPN

hmmm..

usually, Elite QB's like him will commit by the end of July so they can help recruit the class. 

With all the upheaval, my confidence in this class is diminishing. Just a brutal situation for OBD. If anyone can hold this together perhaps it's Lanning. He has a strong supporting cast for sure. 

On 7/6/2022 at 9:40 AM, Log Haulin said:

With all the upheaval, my confidence in this class is diminishing. Just a brutal situation for OBD. If anyone can hold this together perhaps it's Lanning. He has a strong supporting cast for sure. 

As a Toilet Bowl attendee, I know from brutal situations involving OBD.  And, yes, this is like discovering there is no Santa Claus.  Or the Death Star obliterating Alderaan.

Our only hope is Obi-Wan Kenobi.....aka Shoe Dog

• Let’s hope! 1

NIL $$$ will end up a major deciding factor. The turmoil in the PAC is an issue, but the narrative that creates a vision of the Ducks future and commitment to winning a Championship has not changed. 

In the end, if the Ducks land Moore with a larger commitment of NIL $$$$, then that will be a big indicator that the Ducks are going all in for Lanning and his staff. 

This recruiting battle may be part of the elixir needed that will move the Ducks forward. 

Edited by Drake
  • Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Makes me wonder if Uncle Phil doesn't just step in with huge NIL bling here just to show the The BIG and SEC that he ain't messing around.

• Let’s hope! 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 7/6/2022 at 10:19 AM, The Kamikaze Kid said:

Makes me wonder if Uncle Phil doesn't just step in with huge NIL bling here just to show the The BIG and SEC that he ain't messing around.

Might as well make it a package deal….Dante Moore, and include RB Richard Young. 

That would certainly grab some national attention. Huge recruits from both BIG and SEC territories.

(So easy to spend other peoples money)

Edited by Drake
  • Cool 1
  • Haha 1
  • Like 1

On 7/6/2022 at 12:29 PM, Drake said:

I've been thinking this for quite some time now...we sure are comfortable helping Uncle Phil allocate his funds!

• Wow 1
  • Haha 2
  • Mic drop 1

PK built, arguably, the greatest athletic mecca on the planet. He has done a lot for OBD. Thank you Mr. Knight.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 5

On 7/6/2022 at 10:29 AM, Drake said:

Yeah. I don't see him bankrolling a bunch of 4/5 star guys in the future, but I could absolutely see him do it in this instance to prove the point that he could in these earth shaking times of realignment.

• Great post! 1

He's announcing on Friday (full picture didn't display but if you click on the tweet you can see it)

• Wow 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Thoughts?  Is this kid a Duck?  Seeing some things that say he is the real deal. 

• Go Ducks! 2

Here's Hoping MOORE Becomes A DUCK!  Maybe YOUNG as Well?  Would be Icing on the Cake!

Go Ducks!  Fly High!

Edited by NJDuck
  • Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 2

Multiple crystal balls say he's likely a Duck but you never know.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Not sure we should see him making a Friday announcement as favoring the Ducks, but with the Oregon push in the last few weeks and all the crystal balls swinging green and yellow (and black and gray and white and silver and, heaven help us, occasionally pink), I like the odds.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I've been concerned this recent turmoil would taint his decision, but so long as he's bought into the coaches and community, we should be fine.

He is a 5-Star on Rivals, and could certainly boost the recruiting for the Ducks.  He is on the show sometime between 9:00 and 10:00 AM...Whew!

Player of the Year top 10: 5-star Michigan, MSU target Dante Moore is  simply dominant - mlive.com

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Let’s hope! 2

Mr. FishDuck

I’ve watched a lot of high-level high school QB play, viewed a ton of tape, and I find this guy to be as intriguing a prospect as any.  I’ve listed just three takeaways from viewing his work (link below).  

1.       He’s comfortable throwing into tight windows.  Look at his ball placement!  We’ve all watched film of 4-5 star QB’s completing deep balls to guys commonly 5-10 yards (typical high school throwing windows) behind athletically disadvantaged DB’s, but to watch a highlight reel featuring this degree of precision passing from someone this young is atypical. 

2.      Pocket awareness.  Very comfortable sliding in the pocket while keeping his eyes down-field.  Much of the linked highlight reel does not feature him standing tall with time to scan the field for wide open targets.  He instinctively has the awareness to keep plays alive.    

3.      Quick release.  He snaps it with confidence.  He can throw heat and he can throw with touch.  Also, has the arm talent to adjust his angle of delivery   

The fact that he was named the SI All-American Elite 11 MVP just confirms others (others that count) view Dante in the same light that I do. 

I did not beat the drum for ANY of the other potential Duck QB’s that have been discussed during the entire recruiting process.  Tennessee, have fun with Nico, I don’t think he’s quite as advertised.  Miami, Jaden’s a player but I’m not going out of my way for his all-around skill set.  Dante is the guy I’d go the mat for.

Given the perception a couple weeks back that Oregon was the frontrunner to have this young man on campus makes it imperative for the Ducks to close the deal.  If they can’t, then comes the question.  Was it NIL or was it the current PAC unrest?  I don’t think any of us want to play the speculation game.

So, let’s all make like Robert De Niro’s character in ‘Silver Linings Playbook’ and make sure we’re in sync with positive ju-ju when decision time comes.  If good things happen when you make a particular dish – get cookin’.  If your world is at peace when the kids are out of the house – call the neighbors and tell them they’re getting company.  I don’t care what you must do but when Dante’s ready to pull a hat out of a bag we need to have our collective ju-ju in phase for that hat to show that beautiful “O”.     

• Thumbs Up 3

Great comments and thoughts about Moore. Its refreshing to discuss football and football players amidst all the turmoil.

Regardless of where, when, why and how our OBD land well the future is about the players. And what does it take to land a Top 10 recruiting class. Year in and year out.

Programs who the Ducks would normally win the recruiting battle with are paying top dollar thru the NIL framework. No 5☆ QB should pick Tennessee over Bama, the real Dawgs, tOSU or Oregon. 

As long as we have the dollars to pay top recruits then we can get top 10 classes. Coach them up and get to the CFP annually..........

This is something within Oregons control.

On 7/7/2022 at 9:40 AM, Jester said:

I’ve watched a lot of high-level high school QB play, viewed a ton of tape, and I find this guy to be as intriguing a prospect as any.  I’ve listed just three takeaways from viewing his work (link below).  

1.       He’s comfortable throwing into tight windows.  Look at his ball placement!  We’ve all watched film of 4-5 star QB’s completing deep balls to guys commonly 5-10 yards (typical high school throwing windows) behind athletically disadvantaged DB’s, but to watch a highlight reel featuring this degree of precision passing from someone this young is atypical. 

2.      Pocket awareness.  Very comfortable sliding in the pocket while keeping his eyes down-field.  Much of the linked highlight reel does not feature him standing tall with time to scan the field for wide open targets.  He instinctively has the awareness to keep plays alive.    

3.      Quick release.  He snaps it with confidence.  He can throw heat and he can throw with touch.  Also, has the arm talent to adjust his angle of delivery   

The fact that he was named the SI All-American Elite 11 MVP just confirms others (others that count) view Dante in the same light that I do. 

I did not beat the drum for ANY of the other potential Duck QB’s that have been discussed during the entire recruiting process.  Tennessee, have fun with Nico, I don’t think he’s quite as advertised.  Miami, Jaden’s a player but I’m not going out of my way for his all-around skill set.  Dante is the guy I’d go the mat for.

Given the perception a couple weeks back that Oregon was the frontrunner to have this young man on campus makes it imperative for the Ducks to close the deal.  If they can’t, then comes the question.  Was it NIL or was it the current PAC unrest?  I don’t think any of us want to play the speculation game.

So, let’s all make like Robert De Niro’s character in ‘Silver Linings Playbook’ and make sure we’re in sync with positive ju-ju when decision time comes.  If good things happen when you make a particular dish – get cookin’.  If your world is at peace when the kids are out of the house – call the neighbors and tell them they’re getting company.  I don’t care what you must do but when Dante’s ready to pull a hat out of a bag we need to have our collective ju-ju in phase for that hat to show that beautiful “O”.     

I just watched Donte Moore's and watched Ty Thompson's videos and I don't see much difference between them. 

Here is what I did notice. They both have great arms for sure, Ty looks like a better runner. 

Unless they got flushed out of the pocket 100% of the throws were to one side of the field and most were a one reed throw. These kids aren't going through a chain of progressions. At best they have two maybe three guys running routes on the same side of the field, and they have a primary and maybe a secondary read. Mostly it's a one read and throw the ball.

They are showing composure to be able to check the ball down when flushed or even get flushed and keep the eyes down field and find an open guy. They do that well!

But there is no looking DB's off, not looking to the non-play side at the snap and then bringing eyes back to the field side. They also are mostly eyes on the first read and the ball is out, you don't really see them moving to a second read much on the same side of the field.

The offensive schemes are beating the defensive, they don't create pre-snap confusion for the QB's in their coverage, they aren't disguising coverage per-snap well either.  The talent level of the DB's means the primary receiver is open most of time. 

Guess what Ty has struggled with the most in college? Better pre-snap disguising of coverage, better DB talent making him have to go through more progressions. Better defensive schemes making him have to bring his eyes across the entire field and having tighter windows to throw into. 

I fell in love with Ty's tape when I saw the throws he could make in high school, and I see the same in Moore. But college is a huge step up and there is a learning curve unless your Trevor Lawerance. 

We need for Don'te, and for Ty's sake to, Dilly to help these guys develop and make the game easier at the start for them.  The more complex college OC scheme can use way more pre-snap motion than I saw in the HS tape to help the QB's read if the cover is man or zone, they can scheme more spread route trees to open more space across the field to help the QB's. They can run simple college plays that the QB can look off and then come back to a primary receiver.

But in the end to be really good these kids have to be able to get through their progressions across the field on every passing play in the book, they need to be able to read pre-snap where they want to go with the ball and be able to look off that guy and come to him right before they want to release the ball. The good QB's use their eyes again the defense and the bad ones let the defense use their eyes against them. 

Edited by DazeNconfused
  • Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

On 7/7/2022 at 1:20 PM, DazeNconfused said:

fell in love with Ty's tape when I saw the throws he could make in high school

Completely agree with this sentiment.

You never know, hopefully things are kicking-in for Ty as he received a heap of praise for his performance at the Manning Passing Academy.  

Would love to see him being worthy of earning the starting job at some point during the season.  

On 7/7/2022 at 10:35 AM, Jester said:

Completely agree with this sentiment.

You never know, hopefully things are kicking-in for Ty as he received a heap of praise for his performance at the Manning Passing Academy.  

Would love to see him being worthy of earning the starting job at some point during the season.  

At some point you got to throw these kids like Ty or Moore in there and let them make mistakes, then see if they learn from them. That's part of the process.

Shough did lots of great things but kept throwing that same pick to the underneath cover guy he kept not seeing. I was disappointed he didn't improve on that. We could see by the way he started playing tighter the coaches had showed him over in over in film trying to coach him up.

Then they dialed they playbook back on him. In retrospect that was a bad move and probably driven by risk adverse Mario, worst thing they could have done was break Shough's confidence in himself. 

It must be hard as a new college QB to lose the coaches being in your corner, you lose that we believe in you, and we are going to coach you up and come through this together.

• Applause 1

On 7/7/2022 at 10:43 AM, Charles Fischer said:

He is a 5-Star on Rivals, and could certainly boost the recruiting for the Ducks.  He is on the show sometime between 9:00 and 10:00 AM...Whew!

Sorry, which show he is going to be on?  Never mind, on ESPN

Edited by NJDuck

On 7/7/2022 at 11:00 AM, DazeNconfused said:

At some point you got to throw these kids like Ty or Moore in there and let them make mistakes, then see if they learn from them. That's part of the process.

Shough did lots of great things but kept throwing that same pick to the underneath cover guy he kept not seeing. I was disappointed he didn't improve on that. We could see by the way he started playing tighter the coaches had showed him over in over in film trying to coach him up.

Then they dialed they playbook back on him. In retrospect that was a bad move and probably driven by risk adverse Mario, worst thing they could have done was break Shough's confidence in himself. 

It must be hard as a new college QB to lose the coaches being in your corner, you lose that we believe in you, and we are going to coach you up and come through this together.

I believe Cristobal and his staff did break Shough's confidence precisely for the reasons you state.  It was really disappointing given that he had all the tools necessary to be successful but was driven downward by what we now know to be the lack of development coaching by that staff.  It also is likely the reason why we haven't seen more out of Ty Thompson and Jay Butterfield during that era.  TT and JB are basically starting from scratch with Kenny Dillingham and likely reaped more benefits during Spring practice under him than an entire year under Cristobal...

Edited by kirklandduck
  • Applause 1

Announcement time narrowed down a bit.

• Thanks 1

IT'S OFFICIAL, DANTE MOORE CHOSE OREGON!!!😀

GO DUCKS, FLY HIGH!!!

Edited by NJDuck
  • Thumbs Up 1

Now we can all breathe!  lol