Charles Fischer

Talk About Justin Flowe Being Drafted? Come On!

I could not believe my eyes as I read part of an article referring to how Justin Flowe could be a high NFL Draft pick next spring.  What?  He's only played in two games!

But two years have passed and with this being his third year...he is eligible for the NFL Draft in April of 2023.  Here's hoping he sets the world on fire this fall for his benefit and Oregon's!

Justin Flowe2_Eric Evans UO Athletics Twitter.jpg

Mr. FishDuck

If he plays at the level expected and stays healthy, he absolutely could be a high draft pick next spring. 

Think all the NFL is looking for is any susceptibility to injury. His talent, passion and motor are known, and all that’s required is time in the saddle to eliminate any doubts.

Edited by Washington Waddler
word change

He would be a bit below Noah IF he has a year like we all want.

And if he did, I think he'd be crazy not to go.

There's the bar, Justin. Now fly over it.

I hope every player is projected as a higher draft pick post season as compared to preseason. I also hope every coach is considered for a better job. My last hope would be they all stay together to win another Naty!

Absolutely no way. No disrespect to Flowe but one year of awesomeness and 2 hears of season ending injuries in the first games or during practice leaves NFL teams a bit warey. A body of work is important for a 'High Draft'  pick

On 7/13/2022 at 12:48 PM, 1Funduck said:

Absolutely no way. No disrespect to Flowe but one year of awesomeness and 2 hears of season ending injuries in the first games or during practice leaves NFL teams a bit warey. A body of work is important for a 'High Draft'  pick

I'm with you on this if for no other reason than selfishness. Either way, I hope that we have people in place now that will help our players avoid the "McKinley" effect of jumping to the pros on bad advice and end up an undrafted free agent...granted, Flowe's pedigree is essentially that of Kayvon's (in that he was a known commodity), but he's missing that body of work...Here's to an injury free season and the decision to come back next year and have another!

Edited by Wrathis

On 7/13/2022 at 10:48 AM, 1Funduck said:

Flowe was the #1 rated linebacker and #8 rated player over all in his class on Rivals. 

His broken foot last year is the same type of fifth metatarsal break that Derrick Henry had happen and the Titans didn't waive Henry!

Flowe also tore his meniscus his first year, and not an ACL that has more recovery time and can have less stability after recovery. 

If he stays healthy all season and Balls out, there is NO WAY some team doesn't take him as a high draft pick.

If you're an NFL team that needs an impact LB then you are going to have to take a long think about passing on him when there were only two 5-star LB's in his class on the 247 Composite and only 6 rated inside the top 100. 

Flowe could be a perennial future All-Pro LB

Edited by DazeNconfused

On 7/13/2022 at 11:52 AM, Wrathis said:

granted, Flowe's pedigree is essentially that of Kayvon's (in that he was a known commodity),

Bingo

I'm super excited to see Flowe play. The small taste we have had ... 1 game special teams, 1 mostly full game and a spring game... Have shown his potential and it's high. 

But yeah ... Even if he stays healthy and has a good year I think it would be bad for him to leave for the draft. 

The injuries are too high of questions for most teams to want to use a draft pick on him. He's probably be taken as a free agent or very late pick. 

He needs to stay healthy, ball out, and he patient. Lanning and co won't let him down if he does what needs to be done. 

• Great post! 1

Flowe was the best player on the field in the Shoe last year. Just saying.

On 7/13/2022 at 4:06 PM, Log Haulin said:

Flowe was the best player on the field in the Shoe last year. Just saying.

I'm confused...is this a joke that I'm missing?  Flowe didn't play against Ohio State after breaking his foot in a 14 tackle debut against Fresno St.  I'm gonna feel flat out silly if this was a joke and I'm the only chap that missed it :S

On 7/13/2022 at 2:55 PM, Wrathis said:

I'm confused...is this a joke that I'm missing?  Flowe didn't play against Ohio State after breaking his foot in a 14 tackle debut against Fresno St.  I'm gonna feel flat out silly if this was a joke and I'm the only chap that missed it :S

I think our friend was thinking of Noah Sewell, who was the best player on the field in that game. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 7/13/2022 at 2:05 PM, David Marsh said:

He's probably be taken as a free agent or very late pick. 

I respectfully disagree. If Flowe is healthy and plays as the prospect he was RATED to be, he won't be a late pick or UDFA. A talent like Flowe that late is like winning the Lottery! Flowe was rated just above Sewell let's keep that in perspective.

He is also playing for some Cat named Dan Lanning this year who got a dude or two into the NFL last year, I think. 

Plus, plenty of scouts are going be watching Sewell this year and get eyes on Flowe.

Flowe was a projected high draft pick, and we won't see 32 NFL GM's let that kind of talent drop to the bottom of the draft or out of it to be a UDFA.

Flowe is a top 2 rounds prospect based on his physical build, speed, motor he plays with. 

Flowe at the NFL combine is going to STAND OUT against all but maybe three other LB's

Edited by DazeNconfused

On 7/13/2022 at 2:55 PM, Wrathis said:

My bad. Old age got the best of me.

• Thanks 1

I haven't been to any NFL Mock Draft sites lately, but I thought the assumption was that Flowe was projected to be a Round #1 pick or #2 at worst in the next draft.

On 7/13/2022 at 5:14 PM, Log Haulin said:

My bad. Old age got the best of me.

Nothing personal at all! I just didn't know if I had missed something or not, but I meant no disrespect!  I didn't put together that you were talking about Noah instead of Flowe.  My apologies 😬

• Cool 1

He needs to establish a resume that includes continuing good health (not injury prone) and on field excellence.  Neither has been established to any degree.  Two full seasons under his belt would go a long way to getting him to the next level.

• Thumbs Up 2