tee duke

The FUSKIES Look Surprisingly Good

Currently handing it to Michigan State with Penix (formerly Indiana U) displaying a hot hand and the fuskies lines looking stout.

The new head coach did a great job at his former school with a lot less talent. 

Hate to say it but at this rate they should be formidable opponents when the Ducks play them at Autzen in November.

• Thumbs Up 3

On 9/17/2022 at 5:54 PM, tee duke said:

Currently handing it to Michigan State with Penix (formerly Indiana U) displaying a hot hand and the fuskies lines looking stout.

The new head coach did a great job at his former school with a lot less talent. 

Hate to say it but at this rate they should be formidable opponents when the Ducks play them at Autzen in November.

Not sure what is happening in Washington but they do not look like last years team.  

• Yikes! 1

On 9/17/2022 at 7:25 PM, debbieduck said:

Not sure what is happening in Washington but they do not look like last years team.  

Last year’s coach was incompetent and clearly over his head. They replaced him with someone that has actual experience running a football program and success with developing QBs.

That being said, I have no idea what DeBoer’s ceiling is. He could get them 6 wins or even 9 wins, it’s tough to tell right now.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

The PNW got on the map this weekend. Fusky is smacking heads. Oregon just destroyed #12. Pac-12 title game: Ducks v Fusky. Ha ha!

Go Fresno St. Go Ducks!

On 9/17/2022 at 7:33 PM, Log Haulin said:

The PNW got on the map this weekend. Fusky is smacking heads. Oregon just destroyed #12. Pac-12 title game: Ducks v Fusky. Ha ha!

Go Fresno St. Go Ducks!

I’m torn between rooting for USC or not. They are still pac12

• Thumbs Up 1

My brother is a huge Husky fan. Told him it was weird wanting Husky to win.

They changed the the rule, right? Two best teams in the Pac. You know it was to give USC a chance. They wanted a south div title game. 

Ultimate backfire if it ends up being Duck v  Husky.  Ha Ha! 

Penix looks healthy and really appears comfortable in that offense. If he stays healthy, as much as I don't like to say it, I think the Huskies are going to be hanging around all season.

The Dawgies have a potent passing attack with lots of creative plays not seen last year.  Penix and the new coaches could make a difference in PAC competition this season.

• Thumbs Up 1

Look at the bright side everyone. The Huskies may have won but their final score does not look as impressive as Oregon's win. 

• Go Ducks! 1

On 9/17/2022 at 10:29 PM, cartm25 said:

Some questioned why preseason P12 coaching rankings had DeBoer ranked higher than Lanning. Time will still tell if those rankings are correct.

Those who followed Fresno State knew DeBoer was a home run hire by Washington.

Can’t think of a P12 team that has improved more than UW . . . ugh, I just vomited in my mouth.

My sister and I both played water polo. One year, my sister won the Most Improved Player award to which my parents said,  "Isn't that great?"

My snarky teenager reply? "All that means is that she sucked the most to start out with."

Feels to me like the Huskies right now just sucked the most right at the start. Any improvement would make them MIP.

Washington has the 3rd most talent on any roster in the Pac and it is a balanced and experienced roster too.  Now that have a good head coach.  They are going to beat some people up. 

They have just as good of a chance to win this conference as Utah, USC or Oregon.  It is goi g to be a fun year.  

On 9/17/2022 at 5:54 PM, tee duke said:

I would say the dawgs better be focused on the game the week before they come to Autzen. The beavs are the real deal too.

The dawgs have one good win at home. They also play the cougs in Pullman, our next big challenge.

Glad we have Colorado on our schedule, and it looks like ASU is the other doormat, but we have Arizona instead. Should be an interesting season ahead.

Lanning and team passed this test, we still own Autzen. The next challenge win a big one on the road. The good news is the weather looks to be pretty sublime in Pullman this weekend, won't be a factor. 

I suppose we are all lucky we aren't playing App State, what a team. So far their games have been worth more than the price of admission, way more.

On 9/17/2022 at 10:29 PM, cartm25 said:

Those who followed Fresno State knew DeBoer was a home run hire by Washington.

On the field yes... But we will see how it fares on the recruiting side of things. The transfer portal can help but that's never a guarantee. 

MSU didn't get the boost from the transfer portal that they did from the previous year. The Spartans looked awful. 

On 9/18/2022 at 8:07 AM, cartm25 said:

Fair, but they just beat the #11 ranked team in the country, so they’re also good.

Michigan State, has beaten the Zips and the Western Michigan Broncos at home. We don't know how good the Spartans are. 

I would add BYU was missing some players, so the jury is still out on Oregon winning at home too. This weekend should be the biggest test through our bye week.

• Thumbs Up 1

The sad part of all this is that its possible that over the next 2 years the PAC could be the strongest it has been in a very very long time.

• Thumbs Up 1

From the FishDuck Feed, article regarding game yesterday

DeBoer’s Huskies are for real, manhandle Michigan State

WWW.SI.COM

Michael Penix Jr. reminds the Spartans who he is with spectacular outing.

Deboer is an interesting offensive study. His masking,  pre-snap motion packages coupled with an excellent OL and nicely tuned, productive quarterback and receiving corp get the ball quickly and efficiently to where they want it, thereby limiting the effectiveness of opposing front sevens.

Admittedly, MSU’s DBs looked B1G lost in their attempt to solve yet another west coast passing puzzle. It will be interesting to observe how the hydrant whizzer’s passing attack fairs down the road with the availability of more film room tape, and having to face better DB groups more accustom to the targeting strategies of west coast air raid offenses. 

Deboer is a bit of an unknown right now. That won’t last long because he’s got everyone’s attention now.

On 9/17/2022 at 7:46 PM, debbieduck said:

I’m torn between rooting for USC or not. They are still pac12

I know it's hard to root for the Trojans and Huskies (I grit my teeth every time I do) but when they play out of conference opponents it makes all the sense in the world.  The one time I can root for USC without gritting my teeth is when they play Notre Dame. 

On 9/18/2022 at 9:25 AM, Mic said:

I know it's hard to root for the Trojans and Huskies (I grit my teeth every time I do) but when they play out of conference opponents it makes all the sense in the world.  The one time I can root for USC without gritting my teeth is when they play Notre Dame. 

Ok.  That is how I feel too.  I also root for the beavers until we play them.  

On 9/18/2022 at 10:54 AM, debbieduck said:

Ok.  That is how I feel too.  I also root for the beavers until we play them.  

Me too.  I'd be a Beaver fan if I weren't a Ducks fan first.