Notalot

Pumped For Tonight's Bruins v Huskies Game

As I sit here in South Carolina hoping that hurricane Ian passes gently by, I feel excitement to be hunkered down with a Friday night UCLA versus Washington football game to watch.

Two 4-0 teams with one about to take its first loss. DeBoer and Kelly scheming and calling the shots in a west coast shootout. Penix is on fire.

The latest line I saw was Washington by 3. Which team are you expecting to win? What aspect of play, beyond the final score, will determine the winning team?

Do you have predictions for the final score and winning team?  The over and under? Things in the game to look for?

I only regret that the kickoff is 10:30 PM ET, so the game will end around 2:00 AM. That will make sitting through the Ducks 11:00 PM kickoff tomorrow night even harder for this old Duck. 

Edited by Notalot
  • Salute 1
  • Like 1

Same here. I’m hoping the electricity stays on here in NC. It’s been flickering a little here and there. 

4E3BDF67-7F5F-40D3-8F6B-2D65B554C30D.jpeg

• Let’s hope! 2
  • Whew! 1

UCLA will run for 200 plus yards be 5-0 at end of the day.   

Washington cannot stop the run.  Chip is aware of that I imagine. 

UCLA 34-17 

Thats my guess anyway.  

Edited by debbieduck
  • Great post! 1
  • Like 1

On 9/30/2022 at 11:15 AM, Notalot said:

As I sit here in South Carolina hoping that hurricane Ian passes gently by, I feel excitement to be hunkered down with a Friday night UCLA versus Washington football game to watch.

Two 4-0 teams with one about to take its first loss. DeBoer and Kelly scheming and calling the shots in a west coast shootout. Penix is on fire.

The latest line I saw was Washington by 3. Which team are you expecting to win? What aspect of play, beyond the final score, will determine the winning team?

Do you have predictions for the final score and winning team?  The over and under? Things in the game to look for?

I only regret that the kickoff is 10:30 PM ET, so the game will end around 2:00 AM. That will make sitting through the Ducks 11:00 PM kickoff tomorrow night even harder for this old Duck. 

Hope you and everyone else stays safe. Florida is getting hammered. We were going to move there but got delayed until next year. 

Anyway,  I'm looking forward to game as well but being a life long Duck I will never pick, bet my hard earned money on, or root for that school up North. Chip being a former Duck makes it that much easier. Although I think UCLA is a pretender I hope they blow them out.

• Thumbs Up 1

Pulling for the Dawgs (unfortunately), but I think Chip gets it done.

I hope I am wrong though, I would real like to see Washington first, and lone, lose come at the hands of the Ducks.

• Go Ducks! 1

On 9/30/2022 at 12:29 PM, debbieduck said:

UCLA will run for 200 plus yards be 5-0 at end of the day.   

Washington cannot stop the run.  Chip is aware of that I imagine. 

Not sure I agree.  Washington defensive stats show them ranked 20th in rushing defense, giving up 89 yards per game, 2.6 per carry.

WWW.NCAA.COM

Discover the current NCAA FBS Football leaders in every stats category, as well as historic leaders.

• Thumbs Up 1

I said I wasn't going to root for the two LA school's this year.

But, I'm sorry... I can NOT root for the muts. My heart was in the right place. But, inner-being won't let me do it.

Go Bruins!!

• Haha 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 9/30/2022 at 4:04 PM, DUCati855 said:

But, I'm sorry... I can NOT root for the muts. My heart was in the right place. But, inner-being won't let me do it.

Go Bruins!!

I’ll defer to rooting for Chip.

• Salute 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 9/30/2022 at 12:56 PM, McDuck said:

Not sure I agree.  Washington defensive stats show them ranked 20th in rushing defense, giving up 89 yards per game, 2.6 per carry.

WWW.NCAA.COM

Discover the current NCAA FBS Football leaders in every stats category, as well as historic leaders.

I understand your stats.  But Washington has not played a single team with a heart beat.  

Pathetic Michigan State averaged 6 yards per play against the puppies, at Washington 

Minnesota completely shut them down at Michigan State. Total beatdown. 

Washington, in my opinion, is a pretender.  UCLA is best team in California.  You heard it here first? 

• Cool 1
  • Applause 1

On 9/30/2022 at 1:04 PM, DUCati855 said:

Go Bruins!!

I find myself in the same boat... I guess I hate UCLA less than USC for sure as I see UCLA as USC's patsy. I guess I just hate UW more than UCLA. If it was USC I would suck it up and back the Huskies but thankfully I don't have to. 

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 9/30/2022 at 1:21 PM, debbieduck said:

I understand your stats.  But Washington has not played a single team with a heart beat.  

Pathetic Michigan State averaged 6 yards per play against the puppies, at Washington 

Minnesota completely shut them down at Michigan State. Total beatdown. 

Washington, in my opinion, is a pretender.  UCLA is best team in California.  You heard it here first? 

We must be looking at different data.  ESPN team stats show Michigan State rushing for 38 yards against Minnesota, 42 yards at Washington.  MSU averaged 2.7 per carry vs Minnie, only 1.4 against the mutts.

Guess we will know soon enough.

On 9/30/2022 at 1:32 PM, McDuck said:

We must be looking at different data.  ESPN team stats show Michigan State rushing for 38 yards against Minnesota, 42 yards at Washington.  MSU averaged 2.7 per carry vs Minnie, only 1.4 against the mutts.

Guess we will know soon enough.

No you are correct.  I was meaning 6 yards per play including passing and rushing. 

UCLA has a great back and running QB.  Washington is playing in its first road game.  

I look for UCLA to hang over 500 yards of offense on them. But if people were placing bets, based on my opinions, they would be homeless by now. 

• Haha 1

I don't really have a good read on this game, as neither one of these teams has played anyone decent this year.  I am excited to watch this one to see which team is ready to make a move.    

Go Chip!  Blow them out!  

• Thumbs Up 2

On 9/30/2022 at 2:15 PM, debbieduck said:

Washington is playing in its first road game.  

That is going to be a huge test for Washington. They have not traveled well the past two years... and in 2020 they didn't even have to travel at all! Does Washington travel well? We'll have to find out. 

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 9/30/2022 at 2:34 PM, David Marsh said:

That is going to be a huge test for Washington. They have not traveled well the past two years... and in 2020 they didn't even have to travel at all! Does Washington travel well? We'll have to find out. 

Despite most of the guys here wanting UW to win (so O gets them at home and upsets an unbeaten team, I guess) I'm pulling for Chip's bunch.  Next to USC, I dislike this team more than any other in the Pac-12 and I don't care if they have 5 losses when they show up in Autzen.  

So, I too hope they don't travel well.  In fact, I hope they forget their QB and place kicker back in Seattle.

• Mic drop 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 9/30/2022 at 2:15 PM, debbieduck said:

But if people were placing bets, based on my opinions, they would be homeless by now. 

Me too, most of us are at 50%, but this guy....

Husky Bum.jpg

• Haha 5
  • Applause 2

Mr. FishDuck

Huck the Fuskies 

Never, ever, ever

Live like it's 2008!!! 

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I had to add a laugh to this post - I sure hope that's not really a homeless man with a photoshopped card.  It can't be!!

I'm interested to see if UCLA plays a Cover-2 on Penix, or if they mix it up and go Cover-1 on 3rd and long to free up an extra rusher. 

The bark eaters mixed up the covers against USC last week and got good push up front, what will UCLA do with Penix?

It's also going to see what UW does to try to slow UCLA down. 

I don't expect we are going to see either team play a bunch of Cover-1 and play the aggressive Havoc downhill with the front seven like we saw WAZZU against us last week. 

Since we play both these teams, and both have good mobile QBs I want to see if either defense can shut them down.

Then next weekend I want to see WAZZU and USC go at it and see how the USC OL handles that aggressive WAZZU defense, can they protect the QB?

• Applause 2