Log Haulin

Bryan Harsin Fired!

Here comes coach Prime!

• Wow 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I hope Bo doesn't get sued for getting his former coach fired.

• Haha 2
  • Applause 1

On 10/31/2022 at 12:29 PM, cartm25 said:
WWW.AL.COM

Who could be the next Auburn head coach after the school fired Bryan Harsin? Here's the early list.

And an Oregon coach is NOT on the list! 

I'm actually very happy with that. 

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Deion Sanders?  Not if Auburn is serious about getting competitive in the SEC again.  He's fine where he's at Jackson State but at Auburn the "Deion Sanders Show" will get in the way of actually making Auburn back into a serious contender. imo

The Auburn football program is, by all accounts I've seen, a toxic environment mixed with a dumpster fire topped off with clueless boosters.

Harsin was just a bad fit from day one, never did understand the hire.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him land at ASU or maybe even Colorado.

Husky fans on Twitter saying DL is as good as gone.  He hasn’t even taken them out to the woodshed yet and they already suffer from the trauma.  Wishing he will go won’t make it so.  

For those who might be nervous here, don’t be.  Last year it was clear the Auburn job was going to come open in 2022 so if DL wanted that role he would not have left UGA for Oregon.  He’s not going anywhere (other than perhaps into a new tax bracket)

Makes Bo's decision to bolt fron Auburn look even smarter. 

• Thumbs Up 2

On 10/31/2022 at 5:25 PM, CalBear95 said:

Husky fans on Twitter saying DL is as good as gone.  He hasn’t even taken them out to the woodshed yet and they already suffer from the trauma.  Wishing he will go won’t make it so.  

For those who might be nervous here, don’t be.  Last year it was clear the Auburn job was going to come open in 2022 so if DL wanted that role he would not have left UGA for Oregon.  He’s not going anywhere (other than perhaps into a new tax bracket)

Yeah, I don’t see DL being interested in the Auburn job.  I mean money talks, but Oregon’s paying him close to 5 mil a year.  That’s pretty good for a first time head coach, and with the progress shown, I assume Oregon will probably make his contract more lucrative soon enough.  Yes Auburn has money to burn, but they have paid some hefty buyouts lately.  

I really don’t believe Auburn would offer DL enough money to even think about leaving Oregon.  IMO it would take an amazing deal for a coach that’s only been a HC one year.  

Also, Lanning isn’t likely to be crazy about heading to the dumpster fire position in which Auburn currently sits.  It’s tough enough to win consistently in the SEC, especially the west.  It would take a ridiculous amount of guaranteed money to pull him away from Oregon and into that I think. Not to mention, if I’m remembering correctly Oregon has a history of being pretty loyal to their HC.  

Don’t get me wrong, I do love the South.  But if it was me, after living in Canada in the past for a good while, I believe I’d pick Eugene over Auburn.  Sure I’d miss the South, family, and friends.  But I wouldn’t miss the heat and humidity.  The South is beautiful, but from what I hear so is Oregon.  Yep, it would take a whole lot to pull DL away from Oregon IMO.  

• Thanks 1

If I were interested in the top job at a flailing major company, I think the last thing I would do is take the top position at a place 3000 miles away with a lot of talent that had underperformed with the previous CEO. Then poach that flailing company's underachieving COO and turn him into a superstar.

Turn the fortunes of your new company around. Earn the support and enthusiasm of your entire workforce and stockholders. Crush the local competition. Recruit outstanding talent nationwide. Earn the grudging admiration of the media and even the CEOs of your primary competition.

Then chuck it all away to go to the very dumpster fire you have no history with, where you will always be looked at as second class compared to your rival cross state juggernaut. For a few dollars more. Oh yeah, and while repairing the damage done by turning their previous field general into something they could never do. 

Sounds like a recipe for success to me. Or something a desperate Fuskie fan thought was a great idea.

Yeah, that's the ticket.

• Great post! 1
  • Applause 1

Deion would be interesting.  He appears to be a good HC, but that is at FCS level.  He has recruited more than a handful of top tier division 1 talent.  In the 2021 class Jackson State had five 4 stars and three 3 stars.  He also had 11 transfers from P5 schools and another 7 from G5 schools.  When you have better players, you tend to win more games.

I have no idea if that transfers to the Division 1 level where you aren't going to have better players.  I feel it is easy to attract FCS players with his fame, but I'm not sure that would happen at the FBS level.  I do know he would be entertaining off the field.

Dan Lanning, Kenny Dillingham named potential candidates for Auburn vacancy

Here are some of the media outlets who threw out both Lanning and Dillingham as candidates for the Auburn job, along with their reasoning:

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Dan Lanning to Auburn? Bet your life against it. Kenny Dillingham to Auburn? That may be a different story.

• Oh no! 1