Ktmguy2018

Today's Pac-12 Bowl Updates

OSU is up 17-0 on Florida in the 3rd and Fresno State is up 16-0 on Washington State!

• Applause 1

Also looks like OSU could have passed on us if we had focused on the run in that melt down loss we had. Beavs 13-19 passing, and running the ball. The beavs are a formidable team, Smith a very good coach.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Now 23-0 OSU, and 16-0 FSU

Mr. FishDuck

Beavos are extremely motived and taking the Gators out behind the woodshed, very nice effort by Smith's team!

Cougs are couging it...I hope they shake off those cobwebs during halftime.

Bulldogs could compete in a power five. 

Whoa!  30-0 Beavers, and still 16-0 Fresno State.  (Keep in mind that both the OC and DC of Washington State left for other jobs)

Mr. FishDuck

Interesting,  one of the commentators said OSU has just one player in the portal. 

Edited by jrw

30-0 Beavs right now. They are going to get a transfer QB in the off-season to compete with Gulbranson (who looks good). This team is going to be good next season.

The final score was 30-3, Oregon State making a statement.

It is 16-6, Fresno State over Washington State with three minutes left in the third quarter.

Mr. FishDuck

Congratulation to the Beavs.  Pressure's on you Oregon.  Can't let OSU win more games than you do.  Go Ducks!

(incidentally, the Beavs, to their credit, made a good representation of the Pac-12 against the SEC opponent, albeit one with a 6-6 record).  I'm still wondering how Florida was able to beat Utah...

I am happy for the Beavs on this win.  It would certainly help the PAC if both Oregon schools became strong when "those schools that shall not be spoken of" leave the PAC.

Beavs will be a tough out next year for anyone!

Looks like Wazzu will lose their bowl game unfortunately.

Going off on a tangent, I'm sold that Fresno State along with SDSU should be invited to the PAC-12 after the two traitor schools leave. Those two schools fall within the geographic footprint of the PAC-12 and will preserve a SoCal presence for the conference.

Edited by OceaniaDuck
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 12/17/2022 at 3:35 PM, OceaniaDuck said:

Going off on a tangent, I'm sold that Fresno State along with SDSU should be invited to the PAC-12 after the two traitor schools leave. Those two schools fall within the geographic footprint of the PAC-12 and will preserve a SoCal presence for the conference.

It's how a lot of us here feel (I think) too.  Both are good teams and certainly deserve a look by the conference.  But who knows for sure what wizardly and mathematical calculations go into the decision?  $. We know that for sure.

On 12/17/2022 at 3:10 PM, Mic said:

I'm still wondering how Florida was able to beat Utah...

Wasn't Florida playing their third string QB?  Just looked up his stats on ESPN, he had 14 career passing attempts with 7 completions prior to today.

Frustrating that he still looked better than TT.

On 12/17/2022 at 6:10 PM, Mic said:

I'm still wondering how Florida was able to beat Utah...

I think it was mentioned on the pregame broadcast that about 30% of the Florida regular season players had either opted out for NFL draft, Transfer Portal, or been dismissed. That is a lot of players missing.

• Thumbs Up 1

I have a great deal of admiration for Jonathan Smith, the way he has built his team, and how they play.  It’s really the perfect approach to build and maintain a strong program in Corvallis.  

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 12/17/2022 at 3:10 PM, Mic said:

Congratulation to the Beavs.  Pressure's on you Oregon.  Can't let OSU win more games than you do.  Go Ducks!

(incidentally, the Beavs, to their credit, made a good representation of the Pac-12 against the SEC opponent, albeit one with a 6-6 record).  I'm still wondering how Florida was able to beat Utah...

It was a last second turnover that sunk the Utes. They had that game won.

WATCH Jonathan Smith: Post-Game Interview

PAC-12.COM

After routing Florida 30-3 in the SRS Distribution Las Vegas Bowl, Oregon State head coach Jonathan Smith credited his team's...

That was a fun game to watch even though it got boring in the second half. Tough to draw any solid conclusions about the Beav beat down of Florida, given the opt outs for the Gators. But it's clear that the OSU defense is very well coached, tackle and pursue well and they are disciplined as all get out. 

Kudos to Smith. Gulbranson was competent in the pass game and the offense just dominated. Add a better QB via the portal and the Beavers will be a force next year. No complaints with having the Civil War be a ranked match up annually. 

Canzano: Oregon State sets stage for its next act

WWW.JOHNCANZANO.COM

Beavers pound Florida in Las Vegas Bowl.