candyduck

So Should I Do It?

I just stumbled across the replay of the Duck Fuskie game.  I almost wanted to watch it but then I figured it would be like going back to an ex girlfriend with the hope the result would be different!🤣

Edited by candyduck
  • Haha 2
  • Mic drop 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

I haven’t been able to. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I suggest watching it in June.  By then the Ducks will have finished the best season in school history and the loss will be the catalytic moment you will want to watch in the dark depths of "the off-season"

• Haha 1
  • Mic drop 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

I have Hulu and recorded the game. I was ready to watch it Sunday and it suddenly stopped two minutes into the fourth quarter. I haven't had time to search for it. Was it on youtube? Maybe I'll stay up late tonight, I just had a piece of chocolate cake and a cup of coffee, that should keep me buzzed.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/18/2023 at 9:33 PM, candyduck said:

would be like going back to an ex girlfriend with the hope the result would be different!

Wait till we win the rematch, then you can share a nothing burger with her.

• Haha 1

You know you shouldn't but then.......

handy-man-hammer.gif

• Haha 2

I'll have to wait til the season's over as well.  It would have been different if it wasn't a game Oregon should have won, kinda like last year's loss in Eugene.  Egad, I just realized, it's UW that has the streak going now.  This is wrong!

• Thumbs Up 1

I can't rewatch it. Whenever the Ducks lose I kinda go find a rock to hide under until the next game, which is hopefully a win to clean the bad taste from my mouth. 

I'm not a fair weather fan but at times the losses are just too painful and I just need to detach from football for a week to get my priorities straight again. 

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

On 10/19/2023 at 4:11 PM, David Marsh said:

I can't rewatch it. Whenever the Ducks lose I kinda go find a rock to hide under until the next game, which is hopefully a win to clean the bad taste from my mouth. 

I'm not a fair weather fan but at times the losses are just too painful and I just need to detach from football for a week to get my priorities straight again. 

Same for me especially with the Fuskies.

Edited by 1Ducker1
  • Like 1

Then again, had the Ducks won I'd have rewatched it at least three times by now!

• Applause 1

Candyduck, with the girlfriends, were you wide right? 

• Haha 1

On 10/19/2023 at 5:00 PM, Jon Joseph said:

Candyduck, with the girlfriends, were you wide right? 

Story of my life sir!  Story of my life!!  I've had a couple dropped balls over the years too!!🤣🤣

• Applause 1

Yep......the ducks played a good game.....the ball did not bounce their way.....somewhat due to bad coaching......nothing to be ashamed of and most importantly there is no other team on the schedule that the ducks come close to losing to if they play like they did against Dub. Which means another game.....at a neutral site......and a win. 

• Thumbs Up 1

You better believe OBD will watch it in the week after they beat the Beavs.  I should be able to bring myself to watch it then, while anticipating three things:

Revenge, sweet revenge,

A thorough beat down of the mutts,

The end of their winning streak.

• Thumbs Up 1

Got it recorded, but just can’t hit play. But then I have the luxury of wallowing in my pain until it subsides enough that when I finally do press play, I’m looking past the game towards next year’s rematch. Good thing the team can’t afford that comfort zone needing to review and be ready for the next game. I envy that right now.

• Thumbs Up 1

Last year I rewatched the Georgia game...

...sometime after the season was over. Then I  deleted it forever.

• Haha 1