HDuck

USC at Oregon: 7:30 pm, Fox

USC at Oregon:  7:30 pm, Fox

• Oh no! 1
  • Yikes! 1
  • Thanks 1

Can't have it all.  Can't have the Huskies highly rated when we play them AND have the afternoon slot.

Truly a black-out....it'll be fun.

LAMUSC_0500787843.jpg

Mr. FishDuck

On 11/4/2023 at 8:49 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Can't have it all.  Can't have the Huskies highly rated when we play them AND have the afternoon slot.

Truly a black-out....it'll be fun.

LAMUSC_0500787843.jpg

I wouldn't be surprised if the Ducks wanted a night game for a blackout. 

We haven't wore black this year yet. 

• Applause 1

USC fans are grateful for this time. Hide the blowout. It's going to be eye opening for them. 

What a mess. Riley is incompetent......at 10 mill per year. 

Game time announced for No. 6 Oregon's Week 11 showdown with No. 24 USC Trojans

7:30pm time slot, not ideal.  So, Black out, late night time slot.  Let's make it a fright night for USC!  Go Ducks!!

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

The game time has been released for Oregon vs. USC in Week 11, the first meeting between the two since 2020.

I remember "Fright Night"...  "I don't know if we made a statement, this is just what we planned on doing," Masoli said. "If it makes a statement it makes a statement. That's just Oregon football and how we roll."

This 2023 Oregon team seems vastly more capable than that one was.

I was worried this would be a night game--I hate night games. 😞  Getting home at midnight is not fun (and I know I'm luckier than those who live two hours away and don't get home until 2 am).

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/5/2023 at 6:42 AM, woundedknees said:

I remember "Fright Night"...

That was one of the best games I ever attended at Autzen. It was so deafening that my ears rang for two days after. Autzen was electrifying in all black!

PSA: if you attend this game bring some bright clothing to change into post-game for safety. Drivers wull need to see you while you're crossing the streets.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Like 1

That stinks. 

Why would ABC select Texas vs TCU (4-5) or Fox select West Virginia (6-3)  at Oklahoma over USC at Oregon for the 4/4:30pm PT game?

• Thumbs Up 3

On 11/4/2023 at 8:49 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Can't have it all.

Ha. I'm a Gen-Xer who hates staying up too late, but hates waking up too early even more! These day games have been driving me crazy because I can't get anything done on Saturday mornings. 

5:30 is the most ideal time for me, but a 7:30 game and then hitting the sack soon afterwards is great as well. 8pm is primetime TV on the West coast. Now, if you're going to game in person I can see some complaints...

Anyway, I'm just done with 12:30 kickoffs. But I guess that's the future in the Big Ten...

I have to say if I wasn't having to work the game for a fundraiser I would be stoked about having a night game, I don't really mind having one or two a year, seems like forever since we had a true night game.  Just hope the Pac12 after dark doesn't bite us in the butt.

On 11/6/2023 at 12:40 AM, 2002duck said:

5:30 is the most ideal time for me, but a 7:30 game and then hitting the sack soon afterwards is great as well. 8pm is primetime TV on the West coast. Now, if you're going to game in person I can see some complaints...

We're all different. I'm morning person and hate late start times. At home, the only games I will stay up for past  9:30 to watch are Duck away games. Otherwise, I'll watch the first quarter or maybe first half of other games, and that goes late enough for me.

Thanks, Fox. 

Sandwiched in between the UW/Utah game and the OR/SC game is the Fox broadcast of the Oklahoma/W VA game. This makes zero sense to me. Oklahoma is out of the playoff hunt and W VA was never in the hunt.

Bump the Heisman Trophy 2022 winner QB, Williams, and  Heisman Trophy 2023 contender Bo Nix to a 10:30 Eastern kickoff. More folks are going to watch a B12 game than SC at OREGON, right?

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I’m a little disappointed in the weather forecast. If it rains I think we would blow them out. The games usuc have played this season have for the most part been fair weather games in the high 60’s to 80’s. There is a chance of rain and will be somewhere in the 40’s at game time since Day Light savings time is gone.

Bo does well with a wet ball and Caleb, who knows. Our run game should be a huge asset in this game.

Rain, snow, wind, night, day, afternoon, fox, ESPN, whatever, if sc shows up, they will see no mercy, and we will hear excuses. 

I would say Grinch is just an excuse for a soft program. The only coach who can be successful at sc is one who can inspire and require the spoiled, entitled children who go to sc to grow up. Riley isn't that guy.

I'm just not a fan of home night games in November.  I live in Southern Oregon (season tickert holder) so that day is a travel day regardless; I really don't get any more out of my Saturday.  If it's an away night game, then I get my whole Saturday to do something and there's lots to do this time of year.

November weather is what it is and I can live with that, but for me it's just more enjoyable in the daylight.

That said, there's no way I'm missing this one.  I was there for Fright Night and it was absolutely electric.  I'm hoping for the same on Saturday.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 11/6/2023 at 1:23 PM, noDucknewby said:

I'm just not a fan of home night games

I hate these late night games. On the East Coast, it starts at 10:30PM and doesn't end til after 1:30AM! It is a shame that the East Coast viewership can't participate.

I was just thinking how I was going to do the Postgame thread. Just might have to wait until I wake up in the the morning!

On 11/6/2023 at 8:22 AM, Annie said:

We're all different. I'm morning person and hate late start times. At home, the only games I will stay up for past  9:30 to watch are Duck away games. Otherwise, I'll watch the first quarter or maybe first half of other games, and that goes late enough for me.

Oh Annie, something tells me if the Ducks are having success against the Trojans you won't be able to pull your eyes away.  And if (Heaven forbid) the game is close (which I fear it will be) you won't want to miss the outcome.  Sleep-in Saturday morning and grind some good coffee. Every game Oregon plays from here on out is a big step on the road to a Championship.

Frankly, I'm rather stunned that the USC-UW game started at 4:30 pm and now the USC-Oregon game is getting shunted to the 7:30 slot. WTH? This is college football media slotting at it's worst.  Do they really think these two games are of little to no interest to fans in the East?  My friends in Missouri and family in Minn. are wondering why this is happening.

Oh, I know there will be perfectly plausible answers offered up by members of the press and/or football pundits but they're falling on a lot of deaf ears, I can tell you that.  Maybe this will change next year, but frankly, I'm not holding my breath unless the Ducks are playing Michigan or Ohio State.  Victims of Geography?  No, victims of media bias, methinks.

Edited by Mic
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 11/6/2023 at 10:46 AM, Mic said:

Oh Annie, something tells me if the Ducks are having success against the Trojans you won't be able to pull your eyes away.  And if (Heaven forbid) the game is close (which I fear it will be) you won't want to miss the outcome.  Sleep-in Saturday morning and grind some good coffee. Every game Oregon plays from here on out is a big step on the road to a Championship.

Oh, I am going to the USC game! Been planning to all year, even though back in September I suspected it would be a night game. If the Cal game had been a 7:30 start, I most likely would have stayed home for that one.

Thankfully, the USC game is the only home game starting so late. And I probably wasn't clear that I will watch away night Duck games all the way to the end, but not any non-Duck night games. Of course, in the case of away Duck night games I can be all ready for bed before the game even starts, and it's just a 20-second walk to the bedroom afterwards. 🙂

• Like 1

Great... around 65% of the country will be heading to bed by the time we kickoff. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/6/2023 at 2:21 PM, Desert Duck said:

Great... around 65% of the country will be heading to bed by the time we kickoff. 

My hope is that they will forgo the zzzzz's for the pleasure of watching an electrifying SC beatdown "W"

Go Ducks!

• Thumbs Up 1

Lanning, always the optimist, when queried on the late start said, essentially, no problem.  Then he mentioned how much he always liked those Friday night lights and HS football.  Night games do have their charm.

If it weren't for friends & family back east having to stay up well past midnight and the horrible logistics of fans leaving Autzen Stadium having to negotiate traffic late at night I wouldn't mind either - from the comfort of my own couch at home.  

It's also lousy for team exposure to fans in the Eastern half of the country.  And that's important.