Babyjesus615

Cam Ward Hits The Transfer Portal

Cam Ward is officially on the market. Could we see him and Will Stein engineer another offensive juggernaut next season?

WWW.ESPN.COM

Washington State quarterback Cam Ward announced he will enter his name in the transfer portal on Friday, adding that he will also evaluate his NFL draft prospects.

The Pac-2 is leaking players.

Well deserved for the chicken spit money grab lawsuit.

Rob, please do not go out of the way to schedule Beavers and Cougars. 

• Applause 2

On 12/1/2023 at 10:30 AM, Jon Joseph said:

Rob, please do not go out of the way to schedule Beavers and Cougars. 

I say schedule them.

Keep beating them into submission and make some money doing it.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/1/2023 at 1:32 PM, Steven A said:

I say schedule them.

Keep beating them into submission and make some money doing it.

I get it, my friend. But as of today, the Pac-2 has no television deal come 2024. 

Why reward plaintiffs who are suing you with what would likely be their most-watched game of the year? 

And looking at future schedules, the Ducks do not need another G5 game against fired-up teams on the road playing in small arenas in Corvallis and Pullman. These games would be huge scheduling wins for the Pac-2. I say let them stew in their dam lair.

• Mic drop 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

On 12/1/2023 at 10:40 AM, Jon Joseph said:

stew in their dam lair

Well played (said).

Although, I don't blame them for suing, we'd do the same.

Seems Gordon Gekko works for both sides . . . Beavs and Cougs are afraid the 12 will run off with all the money and vice versa.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 12/1/2023 at 1:40 PM, Jon Joseph said:

I get it, my friend. But as of today, the Pac-2 has no television deal come 2024. 

Why reward plaintiffs who are suing you with what would likely be their most-watched game of the year? 

And looking at future schedules, the Ducks do not need another G5 game against fired-up teams on the road playing in small arenas in Corvallis and Pullman. These games would be huge scheduling wins for the Pac-2. I say let them stew in their dam lair.

I agree, everything to lose and nothing to gain or very little to gain.  I don’t hate OSU or WSU and I honestly hope they find there way in time, but I love the Ducks and want to see the Ducks look out for #1.  It’s sad, but that’s where CFB is at the moment.  

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On thread topic though, Ward is a pretty good QB.  I’m not opposed to him coming to Oregon and competing.  In truth though, I know very little about TT and the rest at the moment 

Cam Ward commits to the Ducks 30 min after entering the portal. Well that sure is one way to kill all speculation! Welcome to Oregon Cam!

• Wow 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

SPORTS.YAHOO.COM

The Ducks have a new QB in the mix for 2024. Former Washington State QB Cameron Ward is coming to Eugene.

Lol, I should have checked breaking news before my last post.  That was quick!  Sounds like good news!!!

TT has to be so frustrated right now.

Hopefully he doesn't bolt before the CFP, if the Ducks get there.

Wait, is this legit?  I so, next up is that OAC running back?

On 12/1/2023 at 11:05 AM, bbmichaels said:

TT has to be so frustrated right now.

If Oregon wants to be elite, every player should be competing for their job every single year. Nothing should be given. If you aren’t getting better, you are getting worse. 

This makes Oregon a title contender again next season. With the offensive line, skill players and coaching, I expect big things from Cam Ward. 

Perhaps we’ll see some Oregon players who were on the fence about entering the NFL draft return next year, knowing that we’ll have a stud QB and another shot at the national championship…

• Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 12/1/2023 at 11:12 AM, OregonDucks said:

If Oregon wants to be elite, every player should be competing for their job every single year. Nothing should be given. If you aren’t getting better, you are getting worse. 

This makes Oregon a title contender again next season. With the offensive line, skill players and coaching, I expect big things from Cam Ward. 

Perhaps we’ll see some Oregon players who were on the fence about entering the NFL draft return next year, knowing that we’ll have a stud QB and another shot at the national championship…

Agreed on all points.

...but TT still has to be really frustrated.

On 12/1/2023 at 11:14 AM, bbmichaels said:

If TT decides to transfer, I'll thank him and wish him luck wherever he goes (as long as it's not against the Ducks).  He should have a lot of options.  Stein would then have to get Austin Novosad, Michael van Buren or Luke Mega ready to back-up Cam Ward.

Edited by OregonDucks

TT should transfer immediately. There is no reason for him to be a Duck. Loyalty is not a thing in college football. I hope Ty goes to a good team and lights it up. 

Lanning had enthusiastic praise for Cam Ward with the sideline reporter following the Washington State game.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/1/2023 at 11:22 AM, Log Haulin said:

TT should transfer immediately. There is no reason for him to be a Duck. Loyalty is not a thing in college football. I hope Ty goes to a good team and lights it up. 

He might not want to quit on his team when there is unfinished business.  Although he's not starting, he could still be a part of something special.

I'm sure that he'll weigh his options and make the best decision for himself.  

Perhaps Duck's Riley Leonard will not be going to South Bend? Notre Dame is living Exodus.

https://athlonsports.com/college-football/notre-dame-fans-worried-ninth-player-enters-college-football-transfer-portal

On 12/1/2023 at 11:14 AM, bbmichaels said:

Agreed on all points.

I'm not certain that he is. By appearances TT seems fine where he's at. Either way, there's no way DL leaves to chance that TT or AN 'might' be fully game ready for next season. We should always expect vigorous competition for the starting QB spot!

• Applause 1

On 12/1/2023 at 11:29 AM, OregonDucks said:

He might not want to quit on his team when there is unfinished business.  Although he's not starting, he could still be a part of something special.

I'm sure that he'll weigh his options and make the best decision for himself.  

IDK, Oregon grabbing CW shouts loud and clear that TT is not wanted or needed. I wouldn't stay at a place I was unwanted regardless of current possibilities. 

On 12/1/2023 at 1:52 PM, SoGaDawg said:

I agree, everything to lose and nothing to gain or very little to gain.  I don’t hate OSU or WSU and I honestly hope they find there way in time, but I love the Ducks and want to see the Ducks look out for #1.  It’s sad, but that’s where CFB is at the moment.  

Thanks, my friend, and GO DAWGS after Puddles pounds puppies.

• Thumbs Up 1

It looks like the original story about this on Ducks Wire has been removed. Does anyone know anything?

• Like 1

On 12/1/2023 at 2:33 PM, Log Haulin said:

IDK, Oregon grabbing CW shouts loud and clear that TT is not wanted or needed. I wouldn't stay at a place I was unwanted regardless of current possibilities. 

Interesting. If TT were to transfer, what kind of NIL $ could he secure? I do not see him being picked up by a top P5 program.

Ward on the other hand is a valuable commodity. Especially coming off of the Apple Cup performance.

My #1 QB transfer for Oregon is Duke's Riley Leonhard. And with Notre Dame losing players, especially WRs, I'm not certain that Riley wants any part of South Bend. 

Today, and I appreciate TT being a good soldier, I'd rather have Ward and his starting experience on the roster.

On 12/1/2023 at 11:39 AM, Fannah Montana said:

It looks like the original story about this on Ducks Wire has been removed. Does anyone know anything?

Someone mentioned on another site that it was not meant to be published, yet.

Can Oregon's coaches offer Cam Ward a scholarship until he is officially in the portal, which doesn't open until Monday?  And if he wasn't offered a spot, how can he accept?  

Edited by OregonDucks

On3 portal tracker doesn't have Ward committed to anyone. But that doesn't mean anything. A lot of smoke here so probably going to be a Duck

• Thumbs Up 1

Sounds like some intern some where is getting ripped for hitting send...

• Haha 2

The articles I saw about Ward going to Oregon have mysteriously disappeared. I wonder if this is a rumor that just got out of control.

But I sure love the idea of him coming to Oregon if that happens.

On 12/1/2023 at 12:50 PM, Fannah Montana said:

Sounds like some intern some where is getting ripped for hitting send...

Exactly. And somehow it is always an intern that does it:-)

On 12/1/2023 at 10:56 AM, Babyjesus615 said:

Cam Ward commits to the Ducks 30 min after entering the portal. Well that sure is one way to kill all speculation! Welcome to Oregon Cam!

That story disappeared in a gnat's heartbeat. So no confirmation as yet. What a stupid bit of info to leak hours before this game if it is indeed true as it serves no useful purpose in the Oregon locker room. 

If Ward does indeed ultimately transfer to Oregon, great. It means that the staff sees the best way forward in 2024 is with another veteran QB. Cross that bridge when they come to it, hopefully after a Duck win tonight.

On 12/1/2023 at 11:46 AM, OregonDucks said:

Can Oregon's coaches offer Cam Ward a scholarship until he is officially in the portal, which doesn't open until Monday?  And if he wasn't offered a spot, how can he accept?

Graduate Transfers can enter the portal at any time and he did this morning. So all is fair with him right now.

With the articles being deleted this story might not be 100% accurate. Only time will tell. 

BEAT THE FUSKIES

On 12/1/2023 at 12:00 PM, EastBayDuckDad said:

What a stupid bit of info to leak hours before this game if it is indeed true as it serves no useful purpose in the Oregon locker room. 

I had this same thought.

Maybe Brock Huard "broke" that story...

• Haha 1

Assuming Ward is transferring to Oregon, Washington State fans hatred of Oregon must rival Oregon State's hatred by now. We will have taken two of their best quarterbacks (Vernon Adams and now apparently Cameron Ward) in the past 6 years.

Oh well. All's fair in love, war, and football.

It’s interesting in this new world of NIL/portal-driven quarterback acquisition-recruiting to think about where in the future promising high school QB recruits are going to choose to play if top tier programs continue to relegate inexperience to the shelf while they play the revolving door game of replacing outgoing experience with someone that keeps the program from skipping a beat. 

Makes me wonder if small college conferences will become the developing ground for the best QB talent just so they can gain the on field experience that allows them to transfer to the programs where they originally wanted to be.

• Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

Wasn't Vernon Adam from Eastern Wa?

• Thanks 2
  • Thumbs Up 4

On 12/1/2023 at 12:09 PM, CountryProf said:

Assuming Ward is transferring to Oregon, Washington State fans hatred of Oregon must rival Oregon State's hatred by now. We will have taken two of their best quarterbacks (Vernon Adams and now apparently Cameron Ward) in the past 6 years.

Oh well. All's fair in love, war, and football.

Vernon Adams never had anything to do with Oregon State.  He played for Eastern Washington and then the Ducks.

• Thanks 1

Cam to Oregon would make a lot of sense.  His experience and skillset would work well in Stein's offense and Cam would be able to stay in the PNW while playing in the B10 for one of the best teams in the nation.  Wouldn't take a rocket scientist to know that he's probably eyeballing this seriously.

The portal isn't even open yet. No "official" offers from schools can be made, thus no NIL offers can be made.

This is all speculation ar best, more likely a hoax to spread discontent before tonight's game.

FEBU

I’m sure we as fans don’t really know if this is click bait or not. 

Does this mean Stein will be staying another year?

I would doubt if Ward would come to Eugene unless Stein is staying.

We will know soon. But not till after Dec. 4th.

Edited by Just Ducky

I have no problem with Ward being a Duck. But that first name's gotta go. Do you think for an extra NIL million he'd be willing to change his name to Bo, Joey or Marcus?

On 12/1/2023 at 2:39 PM, Fannah Montana said:

An apology was sent out by the editor of Ducks Wire. That article about about Cam coming to Oregon should have never been published.

Herbert beat out a transfer. Mariota made a Rose Bowl winning and championship game QB leave early rather than lose a competition for the starter spot. If TT is that guy, it wouldn't matter who he competes with for QB1. If he's not the guy, then bringing in a one and done QB1 next year makes sense. Hopefully, UO starts developing these backups so that they can become reliable starters in the future.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 12/1/2023 at 1:36 PM, Pennsylvania Duck said:

An apology was sent out by the editor of Ducks Wire. That article about about Cam coming to Oregon should have never been published.

My guess is that one of their overzealous writers composed a 'what if' article and inadvertently hit the publish key. An "oh, sheet!" moment must've ensued followed by several editors mobilizing the meltdown-damage control DEFCON-1 scenario. 

It may still come to pass as Ward to Oregon makes some sense, but ooo..weee I wouldn't want to have had that writer's blood pressure for the 15 minutes after they realized what they had done. 

On 12/1/2023 at 1:59 PM, EastBayDuckDad said:

My guess is that one of their overzealous writers composed a 'what if' article and inadvertently hit the publish key. An "oh, sheet!" moment must've ensued followed by several editors mobilizing the meltdown-damage control DEFCON-1 scenario. 

It may still come to pass as Ward to Oregon makes some sense, but ooo..weee I wouldn't want to have had that writer's blood pressure for the 15 minutes after they realized what they had done. 

Especially today.

None of this should be made public till a team is done playing.  If TT has to play because of an injury his motivation may not be very high.

Or could it be higher?   Auditioning for another school might be a motivation to look as good as possible.  

I believe Ward would only have 1 year to play, is that correct?  Remember the difference for Year 1 Bo and Year 2 Bo.  I would figure that Ward would not be as good as Bo was in year 1 so maybe TT can beat him out.

Very frustrating that a site that is suppose to be pro Duck would even mistakenly post something like this.

It seems like the writers would have better things to do today.

Don't they realize the biggest game of the year is about to kick off in a few hours?

The above statement didn't seem like an apology just asking for understanding.

Sorry but this Duck fan does not understand.

The Ducks do not need this type of distraction today.

Being the first to report should not come before accuracy.

Even if accurate wouldn't a pro Duck site hold off until after the game? 

GO DUCKS.  Beat the huskies

• Go Ducks! 1

Hopefully the team is to focused on preparation to even see this.

• Thumbs Up 1

T-minus 2-hours & 2-minutes...

I'm just sayin!

On 12/1/2023 at 2:48 PM, Duckman60 said:

Hopefully the team is to focused on preparation to even see this.

I suspect this is the case. 

I also suspect that most of the team isn't even worried about what next year's team looks like as everything is still to play for now if they win. 

• Go Ducks! 2