Charles Fischer

Readers! OBD Members! Join Our FishDuck Group to a Penn State WHITEOUT

We are looking to put together a group who need tickets, lodging, etc. as NJDuck and I are planning to go, and would love to meet some of you for a memorable experience.  It will not be until a year from this fall, but we would like to see preliminary interest so we can begin the research.

Let me know by replying below or if you like...email me charles@fishduck.com and I'll count you in the "interested" group.  You are not bound to this at all, we just want to see if enough others want to make this "Bucket-List" trip in 2025.

This is open to ALL Duck fans, not just OBD forum members!  If you are a reader here, and follow Our Beloved Ducks, then do join us!

Penn State White Out_Screenshot from Penn State on Penn Live Video.jpg

NJDuck and I plan to be the GREEN DOT in the crowd!

• Thanks 1
  • Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

I would definitely be interested.

• Cool 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Sadly I'm a good few years away from feeling I could do something like this. My girls are 2 years and 2 months respectively. 

But I'd love to be the green dot in that. Especially when the ducks kick their butts. 

YES! 😍

• Cool 1

Yes, I guess this is what travel insurance it all about.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Count me in for 2 also!

• Cool 1

Make it three for me, also. Thank you.

VR,

KCDuck1

• Cool 1

May have to pull some strings, but put me on the list. 

By the way, do they call it a White Out because they make so many errors? Jus wondering

• Applause 1

Sounds like a plan. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I was just talking with Mark Paczesniak (Kim's husband) yesterday and he said the way Beaver stadium is built there is really not a bad seat in the house.  Just wanted to pass that along.

• Thanks 1

I am in!

• Applause 1

I don’t know if I can make it or not but just seeing this forum create a big green dot in their white out would make me a proud Duck fan!

This will be a "life-event," a great memory.  I invite all!

Mr. FishDuck

I would certainly be intrested.

• Cool 1

I was planning on going anyway, so this will be much better. It’s an 8 hour drive for me. The hotels in State College will be pretty spendy if this year’s UW game is any indication. They will likely be around $400-$600 per night. 

I will likely stay somewhere that is a couple of hours away. Maybe Bedford or Hagerstown since I’ll be driving in from the south.

• Cool 1

Wow! I would love to go but not in the cards for this year. Next year I will retire and would have the time off, but what is weird is that I have been a long term fan of Penn St. Now things are different. Ive never been in Beaver Stadium but have passed it-- Have Fun you  lucky B_______S

On 6/5/2024 at 7:52 PM, 1Ducker1 said:

Wow! I would love to go but not in the cards for this year. Next year I will retire and would have the time off

If I understand correctly, you should be okay to go since it’s scheduled for 2025.

• Let’s hope! 1

Right.  This is for 2025, but we have to reserve a year in advance, so it makes sense to announce it now.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

Nittany Lions? Whiteout or no?

WWW.NYTIMES.COM

Penn State-Ohio State as a prime-time White Out game sounds like a no-brainer, but Big Ten TV partners have made it a challenging choice.

• Thanks 1

On 6/5/2024 at 1:34 PM, DrJacksPlaidPants said:

I was planning on going anyway, so this will be much better. It’s an 8 hour drive for me. The hotels in State College will be pretty spendy if this year’s UW game is any indication. They will likely be around $400-$600 per night. 

I will likely stay somewhere that is a couple of hours away. Maybe Bedford or Hagerstown since I’ll be driving in from the south.

Georgia at Texas 10/19/24 coincides with a Grand Prix event in Austin. 4* and 5* hotel rooms are going for 14K to 18K a night!

• Oh no! 1

Pencil me into the game fans flock for (2) as we waddle ahead toward game day.

BTW, I returned last night, near the end of the Ducks Super Regional Playoff game, to South Carolina following 5 glorious days in the Willamette Valley and up the North Fork of the Siuslaw River and central coast.

while there, I attended my great-nephew and great-niece’s (twins) graduations from Siuslaw High in Florence.

He will attend Linfield University and play line there. His twin will become a legacy Beaver with a Presidential scholarship. 87 great kids graduated. There is hope!

Thanks.

Edited by Notalot
  • Cool 1
  • Applause 1

Add me in for one, maybe two.

• Thumbs Up 1