FishDuck Article

Utah GameDay Thread: Is Pursuing the Playoffs a Crock?

As went BYU vs. the Ducks mens BBall team on Tuesday night........so go the Utes tonight versus the football team. 

Just running the University of Oregon off the court and field this week. 

• Thumbs Up 1

TD weee!!

Where is Tom Osborn when we need him?  Special teams aren't too special!

Spotting the other team 4 tds isn't a good game plan.  Even when the offense runs well it's not a fast high scoring one, plus the defense is having all kinds of issues stopping Utah.  I'm not expecting an optimistic outcome at this point...

• Like 1

Note to MC. Whittingham probably won't slow the play down. 

On 11/20/2021 at 6:12 PM, DuckIt said:

This is the only the first half, but it feels more like THE END.

,🤣🤣🤣

I have to laugh at that.  We will survive this.  After all, most of us expected this performance a few games ago.

This team is fair weathered.  They don't have killer instinct, they don't put teams in their place.  They WAIT until goods things to happen instead of making things happen. 

There isn't a single team in this conference good enough to beat the Ducks.  The only team good enough to beat  the Ducks are the Ducks.  

The defense is showing a stunning inability to make a stop on 3rd down.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Can the Ducks put this loss behind them and rally to beat the Beavers?

On 11/20/2021 at 6:59 PM, kirklandduck said:

The defense is showing a stunning inability to make a stop on 3rd down.

Because they still are at a numerical disadvantage.  They are out manned on  the first level.  That fact allows the offensive  lineman to block and shed to the second level while double teaming the most effective defensive lineman.  

This is nothing more than what David Shaw did to the very best defensive front Oregon ever had.  That is how you out muscle the more talented team.

I don’t have enough fingers to point a finger at what’s wrong with the Ducks tonite. My chin is on my chest.

On 11/20/2021 at 7:03 PM, latracey said:

One can only wonder

I wonder if we will do any better against them in the PAC 12 championship game?

our defense simply cannot stop them.

On 11/20/2021 at 7:03 PM, Mike West said:

Because they still are at a numerical disadvantage.  They are out manned on  the first level.  That fact allows the offensive  lineman to block and shed to the second level while double teaming the most effective defensive lineman.  

This is nothing more than what David Shaw did to the very best defensive front Oregon ever had.  That is how you out muscle the more talented team.

You'd think DeRyeuter would have learned by now.  Why doesn't he bring the LBs closer in during those situations?  

Non targeting call. So obvious and not even reviewed.  

On 11/20/2021 at 7:09 PM, WaterPoloDuck said:

AB?!

The receivers are starting to show their frustration with him, I can't say I blame them.  He tossed an easy one to Devon Williams' feet on one play then threw it behind Troy Franklin almost immediately after.  AB really needs to take a breath and get it together.

• Thumbs Up 1

He is who we thought he was.

Utah is showing much more physicality. 

On 11/20/2021 at 7:11 PM, kirklandduck said:

The receivers are starting to show their frustration with him, I can't say I blame them.  He tossed an easy one to Devon Williams' feet on one play then threw it behind Troy Franklin almost immediately after.  AB really needs to take a breath and get it together.

Why is MC running out the clock between plays? We need to get all of the plays off that we can... they just let the 3rd quarter run out.

Who runs out the clock down 28?

And yeah, the receivers are clearly frustrated. That's likely why we lost 2 WR commits and MP.

We’ll get ‘em next game!

On 11/20/2021 at 7:13 PM, WaterPoloDuck said:

Why is MC running out the clock between plays? We need to get all of the plays off that we can... they just let the 3rd quarter run out.

Who runs out the clock down 28?

And yeah, the receivers are clearly frustrated. That's likely why we lost 2 WR commits and MP.

It also goes both ways though, the WRs need to catch the good passes.  Spencer Webb should have had that.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/20/2021 at 7:03 PM, latracey said:

I really don't think so. I'm all for supporting these young men but the truth hurts... our team isn't that good. Really have a lot of promise and potential but not that good at this point. I believe they have overachieved this year.

• Thumbs Up 1

MC has hit his ceiling.  Don't tell me it's injuries, this is fully out coached by a great coach.  3x best Pac recruiting class means nothing if you don't coach them up.  Could finish 12-2 but bark rats gotta be smelling blood.  Get to the Rose and a B1G team will destroy us.  Pittman leaving not a good sign.  If AB is our best chance to win this year, future not so bright.  ABs 2 yard throws, and under thrown and over thrown 1st downs is pathetic, sorry.  Delay if game again?  Just not prepared.  MC will not bring us a natty

Edited by JDuck
  • Thanks 1

On 11/20/2021 at 7:16 PM, JDuck said:

MC has hit his ceiling.  Don't tell me it's injuries, this is fully out coached by a great coach.  3x best Pac recruiting class means nothing if you don't coach them up.  Could finish 12-2 but bark rats gotta be smelling blood.  Get to the Rise and a B1G team will destroy us.  Pittman leaving not a good sign.  If AB is our best chance to win this year, future not so bright.  ABs 2 yard throws, and under thrown and over thrown 1st downs is pathetic, sorry.  Delay if game again?  Just not prepared.  MC will not bring us a natty

You absolutely have to account for injuries.  Go back to the roster and count the number of starters that are out now or for the year.  Now even Verone McKinley was knocked out of the game.  It doesn't matter how well you recruit, Oregon's had an absurd number of injuries this year to critical guys on both 1st and 2nd string.

• Thumbs Up 3