30Duck

USC Stands for Unbelievably Self Centered

Trojanswire is not getting over Conerly choosing the Ducks over the Trojans. Wire sees it as a "Snub" to Riley.

USATSI_13763889.jpg?w=640
TROJANSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Two Georgia offensive linemen who were 5-star recruits out of high school have entered the transfer portal. Lincoln Riley knows what...

If 5-Star players are leaving Georgia...then that means the system there spit them out, and they did not want to work that hard.  Or perhaps felt playing time was "a-given" considering their status.

I warned Oregon fans in an earlier article that this program, if emulating the Bulldogs....will be very hard on players.  Those who leave it may not be the ones to pursue?

• Thumbs Up 5

Mr. FishDuck

On 4/14/2022 at 2:56 PM, 30Duck said:

Trojanswire is not getting over Conerly choosing the Ducks over the Trojans. Wire sees it as a "Snub" to Riley.

USATSI_13763889.jpg?w=640
TROJANSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Two Georgia offensive linemen who were 5-star recruits out of high school have entered the transfer portal. Lincoln Riley knows what...

The most appropriate word I can think of is "entitled"...but then again, we already knew that. 

Undisciplined Spoiled Children

Edited by Wrathis

This article encapsulates exactly what I said and if I was Lincoln Riley I'd be on a plane to Georgia right now to talk to both those guys about playing for the Trojans.  If the Trojans can get Amarius Mims that would be a big step in solving their offensive line issues.    

Both these guys will be in Florida next year. Both were back ups on a average to slightly better than average offense. I see FSU and Miami being the schools to beat.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 4/14/2022 at 1:03 PM, Charles Fischer said:

If 5-Star players are leaving Georgia...then that means the system there spit them out, and they did not want to work that hard.  Or perhaps felt playing time was "a-given" considering their status.

I warned Oregon fans in an earlier article that this program, if emulating the Bulldogs....will be very hard on players.  Those who leave it may not be the ones to pursue?

If you are talking about the University of Spoiled Children, then they may be exactly the type to pursue. They will fit right in with the culture Riley inherited, and may not change.

• Thumbs Up 2

So Lanning knows these 5☆ transfers better than anyone given his D line faced them everyday in practice. If there is someone he would want to bring in, or keep away from USC, we'll know pretty soon if Oregon takes an interest in them.

As an aside, I interpret Trojan "tears"  as being synonymous with Universally Substandard  

Condoms.

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

Aside from some comments about how USC has improved its OL and offense......

Speaking as a person that has watched every game they have played for 40 years, Their OL still is substandard.

By the way I've watched every Oregon game for 20 years. Now back to it. 

Very little to do with Riley.......you don't flip an OL in four months. 

USC fans are so upset because they know of the need and it frustrates them to have missed on Conerly when he could have just about walked in underweight and started anyway. USC is loaded with linemen on OL that move like they have lead weights around their ankles. 

They will pick up some major help next year but that is a long time away.

Will their offense be better based on some young talent that will make mistakes,,,,,,yes,,,,,,,but great......lol. 

Their DL also has problems that have yet to be addressed.

Riley has created some great frosting......but the cake is still in the oven.  

• Thumbs Up 9

On 4/14/2022 at 1:31 PM, Quackerbacker said:

This article encapsulates exactly what I said and if I was Lincoln Riley I'd be on a plane to Georgia right now to talk to both those guys about playing for the Trojans.  If the Trojans can get Amarius Mims that would be a big step in solving their offensive line issues.    

No chance.  USC needs those scholarships for more DBs 😜

• Haha 2

On 4/14/2022 at 5:48 PM, fred flintstone said:

Speaking as a person that has watched every game they have played for 40 years, Their OL still is substandard.

USC fans are so upset because they know of the need and it frustrates them to have missed on Conerly when he could have just about walked in underweight and started anyway. USC is loaded with linemen on OL that move like they have lead weights around their ankles. 

Will their offense be better based on some young talent that will make mistakes,,,,,,yes,,,,,,,but great......lol. 

I can't imagine being a Trojan on a Ducks forum. The patience you must possess is truly astounding. I mean, we love to hate on the doogs up north, but USC gets plenty of hate here as well...and yet you remain cordial and composed. My hat's off to you sir...

• Thumbs Up 7

Wrathis......I'm a fan of college football in general. I attended USC and Illinois but lived just a few miles from Oregon for many years. 

Got to be a fan of all three programs.....it was easy because they all had good runs at one point or another. 

As for the hate on the Trojans.....you ain't seen nothing if you have not been on a Trojan site when they describe Oregon. I will not repeat the junk. 

Its all in fun as far as I'm concerned. 

Just want the kids to have a good experience, make some friends, stay healthy, get a few bucks(in today's game its easier) and execute well. 

My best day is a USC vs Oregon game in which they both play well..........as for who I would root for........the better team. I want a Pac 12 team to get to the big show every year. Lately that has been Oregon. There are going to be some great games the next few years as SC finally has a coach that has banned the ice cream truck at practice.  

IMO.......Both USC and Oregon have recently improved their chances......Helton was a overall huckster and Cristobal was a great recruiter but a miserable game coach.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Like 1

Here is a plus for Riley....

Tennessee is reportedly in "a good place" with Bru McCoy following his recent official visit to Knoxville. The 6-foot-3 receiver entered the transfer portal in January. The former five-star recruit did not suit up for the Trojans last year following an offseason arrest for a felony domestic violence charge. While the Los Angeles district attorney declined to press charges, USC suspended McCoy in August from team activities and he never returned to the field.

New USC coach Lincoln Riley was asked this week if the team ever considered bringing McCoy back in the fold.

“Yeah, I mean, (I) kind of was kept in the loop there as things played out,” Riley said. “But as I understand it, I believe he’s going to transfer.”

On 4/14/2022 at 6:48 PM, fred flintstone said:

The starters are fine, but the number of OL guys is so thin. The transfer from UVA will help but injuries will happen. 

Williams should also help. The OL gave up only 18 sacks in 2021 and that was with Dart, now at Ole Miss, playing QB. Williams is quicker and more elusive but quick enough to help out this OL? I see a flip in 2022 for SC from 4-8 to 8-4 or 9-3.

Conerly was a great get for Coach Lanning. SC has not recruited 5* OL guy in 7 years!

It’s fun to trash talk SC but they’re going to be really good in a very short time. Riley is a great offensive mind and recruiter.  He is also no stranger to coaching in a pressure cooker. OU fans are as demanding as SC fans. Future Oregon/SC games should be prime time games. 

• Like 1

On 4/15/2022 at 12:23 PM, fred flintstone said:

Wrathis......I'm a fan of college football in general. I attended USC and Illinois but lived just a few miles from Oregon for many years. 

Got to be a fan of all three programs.....it was easy because they all had good runs at one point or another. 

As for the hate on the Trojans.....you ain't seen nothing if you have not been on a Trojan site when they describe Oregon. I will not repeat the junk. 

Just want the kids to have a good experience, make some friends, stay healthy, get a few bucks(in today's game its easier) and execute well. 

My best day is a USC vs Oregon game in which they both play well..........as for who I would root for........the better team. I want a Pac 12 team to get to the big show every year. Lately that has been Oregon. There are going to be some great games the next few years as SC finally has a coach that has banned the ice cream truck at practice.  

IMO.......Both USC and Oregon have recently improved their chances......Helton was a overall huckster and Cristobal was a great recruiter but a miserable game coach.

Hey Fred, Barney here…..

I love your post and perspective.

I went to Cal many many years ago, but moved to Oregon in the 70’s and became a Duck fan and season ticket holder. I root for Cal, of course, but as an Oregonian for 50 years I also pull for Oregon State. If Oregon is playing either of those teams I usually root for the Ducks because they typically have more to lose, or gain, than Cal or OSU.

Rooting for the Beavers doesn’t play well on this site. The vitriol spewed by Duck fans toward Oregon State I find amusing, but when it’s directed at USC or Washington it makes me chuckle and often cringe.

And I have to admit, when USC was a regular in the Rose Bowl under Pete Carroll I always rooted for the Trojans. I ALWAYS pull for the Pac-12, which unfortunately hasn’t worked out well lately.

My connection to Oregon is strong….both my kids went to U of O, and my granddaughter will be an incoming freshman in September.

I’m as excited as everyone else about the Ducks in 2022. The reboot of the program — despite the recent success under Cristobal isn’t that what it feels like? — with Dan Lanning leading the way has energized the fan base and the expectations are high.

But keep in mind…..Lanning is a rookie head coach. Expect a few bumps in the road, but like most everyone on this site I think the immediate future of the program is in excellent hands.

GO DUCKS!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

On 4/15/2022 at 12:23 PM, fred flintstone said:

I’d don’t have the hate for SC though I do love to taunt my SC Alumni friends whenever the opportunity arises 

I was accepted at USC, my brother was an academic all American Golfer at SC. I even rooted for them on occasion. 

However, when on my visit to USC,  the stabbing I witnessed going to manny’s for a machaca double wrap burrito made me pick Eugene.