Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ICamel

MariØ CristØbal

Mariø Cri$tøbull$h....can’t say IT here. 

The slashed ø is a very nice petty touch to the simmering disgust we still feel surrounding the smell of Mario’s departure. 

I’m over it but it was nice to dredge up those feelings for a bit. 🤨

• Thumbs Up 1

MariØ   Hey...it works!  Thanks, ICamel.

I appreciate stormrider's post for causing us to examine our priors once again.  I have nothing more to add that hasn't already been said.  I have been convinced by the collective wisdom of the Forum with Decorum's that we are in a better place with him in Miami.

One piece of evidence for his elite level douchbaggery was the HATRED the rest of the Pac-12 coaches had for him.  I mean to deny college athletes spots on all-conference teams because their Coach is an A-hole is an amazing testament to his ability to be a sheep's bollocks.

• Haha 1

On 6/16/2022 at 8:02 PM, stormrider said:

I honestly don't understand this thing you guys have with Mario, he left your program set up for a very nice run. In my opinion Ithink you guys don't have the right frame of mind.

I have noticed you guys talk about ex coaches and say things like he wasn't a real Duck and that  Oregon needs a coach who is a real Duck and is loyal and a lifer. Well if Lanning doesn't perform up to whatever standard Oregon thinks he should Oregon will not be loyal to Lanning and he will be fired.

I don't think that would be wrong as football is a bottom line business and you either perform or you are gone. The U came out of nowhere and built a dynasty with coaches that  were not planning on staying at the U forever.

Lou Saban who got us the first couple of classes that became the foundation of our first sustained success left us for one of the service academies. Howard Schnellenberger  or Shnelly as we always called him out of love and respect left us for the USFL after taking us to our first championship.

Jimmy Johnson left us for the cowboys after getting us our 2nd championship.  Erickson was fired after winning 2 more championships. Butch Davis left us for the browns after building the greatest college football team of all time.

And last of them Larry Coker was fired a few years after he took the team that Butch built and won another championship and had he burned Frank Gores red shirt in the championship game against OSU after Mcgahee was injured he would have won another title.

Through all these coaching changes us Fans were never sore about the coaches leaving we were always focused on who the next guy was going to be.  As a matter of fact we had no real problem with coaches leaving as we figured if they left for a "better" job it was because they did well and we probably had another championship on the board.

Sure we were a little sad to see them go but we understood that this was part of the game.

Wait for it... But don't forget, you heard it here first.

I honestly don't understand this thing you guys have with Mario, he left your program set up for a very nice run. In my opinion Ithink you guys don't have the right frame of mind.

I have to agree with you here. He pulled Oregon out of a very dark place following the 2016 and 2017 seasons. He put a Rose Bowl trophy in the case and loaded the roster. There’s no good way to leave your former team for another school. It was disappointing, but at least he didn’t clean out the roster like a certain Oklahoma coach did.

That said, every coach who has left Oregon has failed at their next job (Belotti included). I think Miami will be nationally relevant again because they have made a financial commitment to football. However, I think the guy who follows Mario will be the one who takes them to a championship level.

When fans of other schools, like the U, see the headline of this thread with slashes through the O’s in Mario and Cristobal, they might assume that Duck fans are paying homage to Cristobal in some kind way. These other fans may think, "How nice. Cristobal must be Scandinavian." The Danish and Swedish alphabets abound with circles and slashes.

But no, the slashes through Cristobal’s first and last names are like shivs, a way to cut and criticize Cristobal while calling attention to his ineptness at managing Oregon’s O. Many Duck fans will forever refer to the ex-coach as Mari Cristbal, because under his command the O disappeared.

Fans of the U have great hopes for their program with Cristobal in charge, and many of them are perplexed by the amount of vitriol directed at Cristobal by Duck fans. Part of the problem here is geography. Coral Gables isn’t just far away from Eugene, it’s way, way far away. It’s an easier trip getting to Oz from Kansas.

I’m guessing that not many Canes fans have watched Ducks games over the past few seasons. They’ve heard that Cristobal is adept at convincing recruits to sign on with him. But they haven’t seen nor suffered Cristobal’s too numerous deficiencies as a coach.

Miami rooters are insulated by hundreds of miles of Interstate, three time zones, and overly gushing sports-radio talking heads. Your typical Canes fan is like the eager guy buying a beautiful Russian mail-order bride, unaware that she has been, shall we say, familiar with the entire naval fleet at Vladivostok. Oh, the fallout yet to come!

Imagine for a moment that it was Utah that fired Kyle Whittingham and handed the head-coaching keys to Mario Cristobal. Quite unlike the folks in Miami, Utes fans know Cristobal well. They’ve seen his bumbling incompetence in brash, living color and benefited wonderfully from it.

What would Utes fans be doing today with the knowledge that Cristobal would be on the sidelines at Rice-Eccles Stadium this fall? Many would still be in shock. Others would be undergoing intensive therapy. And still others would take to watching horror movies as a way to mitigate the real-life horror that had befallen them.

I dare say that some Utes fans would have “Carnival of Souls” on a loop. That uber-creepy film is much less scary than contemplating football under Cristobal.

Yes, Canes fans. Things can be that bad, but you don’t need to believe us. You’ll soon be witnessing it for yourselves.

• Haha 1
  • Mic drop 2
  • Thumbs Up 3

On 6/18/2022 at 8:04 AM, Axel said:

When fans of other schools, like the U, see the headline of this thread with slashes through the O’s in Mario and Cristobal, they might assume that Duck fans are paying homage to Cristobal in some kind way. These other fans may think, "How nice. Cristobal must be Scandinavian." The Danish and Swedish alphabets abound with circles and slashes.

What part of Axel's post do I like the best?  Hard to decide because there are so many killer lines within it, but I have to admit that "How nice. Cristobal must be Scandinavian" just about sent coffee through my nose this morning.  THAT was funny...

I am saving the link to this thread for future posting when 'Cane fans come along...

• Thanks 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 6/18/2022 at 5:14 AM, DrJacksPlaidPants said:

I have to agree with you here. He pulled Oregon out of a very dark place following the 2016 and 2017 seasons. He put a Rose Bowl trophy in the case and loaded the roster. There’s no good way to leave your former team for another school. It was disappointing, but at least he didn’t clean out the roster like a certain Oklahoma coach did.

That said, every coach who has left Oregon has failed at their next job (Belotti included). I think Miami will be nationally relevant again because they have made a financial commitment to football. However, I think the guy who follows Mario will be the one who takes them to a championship level.

Mariø didn't clean out the roster because the players preferred Oregon over Mariø. Like when a telemarketer calls... "No thanks, 'click' ".

• Haha 1

I honestly don't understand this thing you guys have with Mario, he left your program set up for a very nice run. In my opinion I think you guys don't have the right frame of mind.

Sure we were a little sad to see them go but we understood that this was part of the game.

I'm with you on part of this: I appreciate what was accomplished while he was here AND I'm glad to see him go. MariØ is an excellent recruiter and really stepped up the recruiting game here at Oregon. However, he also tried to make us something we're not, he tried to change our identity.

We're blazing fast. We spread you out, use misdirection and score...A LOT. He recruited players capable of that and inherited a few as well (some unknown guy named Justin Herbert for example...anyone know what he's up to these days?). Unfortunately he squandered their talent and instead decided to run off-center all the time. 

He did have some offensive imagination though in throwing swing passes to RB's out of the backfield on 3 and 12 every single time. He managed to get blue chip, blazing fast 6'4" receivers here, then used them exclusively for blocking. Hell, I'm convinced he handcuffed Joe Moorhead and forced him to play Anthony Brown and I'm not sure I can be convinced otherwise.

That being said, I really do wish Miami all the best of luck. I don't blame MariØ for going back home to his ailing mother, to his alma-mater and his pursuit to bring them back to relevance. If I were given that opportunity, I'd jump on it as well.  However, I can thankfully say "good riddance to him and his talent wasting, unimaginative, prevent offense...and I'm grateful that it's Miami's problem now."

• Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Axel is THE funniest!  Yes, Utah fans know MC and would be practically suicidal to see him on our sidelines - even scarier than Carnival of Souls.   It took Whit 15 years to actually believe you can throw the ball on first down - going back to the 2 yds and a cloud of frustration with MC would make us all give up!

• Thanks 1

MC is at least to me a system coach and what seems to be a fairly decent guy and obviously a good recruiter,  Im just sorry that USC didnt give him their head coaching job.

Dagnabbit. X and Os he not.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 3