cartm25

BREAKING: Jay Butterfield to Enter Transfer Portal

Good for him and good luck.

Best of luck Mr. Butterfield.  I only got to see you play in the spring game but was impressed with your skills.  

Go crush it somewhere... outside of the PAC-12 preferably!

• Thumbs Up 2

He and Ty know Dilly's system.  Expect both to go to Arizona State.  Ty is from Phoenix.    This will give Dilley immediate starters or backups who know his system.    Rumors are that the Georgia Tech OC coach (Chip) will come to Oregon and bring the #1 rated Portal QB who is currently at Georgia Tech.  

• Wow 2

We all knew this was coming. I say GOOD FOR YOU JAY!!

I will always consider him a Duck even if he never got a chance to be a Duck.

I hope the absolute best for him.

• Applause 1

On 11/30/2022 at 12:54 PM, DiscoDuck said:

He and Ty know Dilly's system.  Expect both to go to Arizona State.  Ty is from Phoenix.    This will give Dilley immediate starters or backups who know his system.    Rumors are that the Georgia Tech OC coach (Chip) will come to Oregon and bring the #1 rated Portal QB who is currently at Georgia Tech.  

WWW.SI.COM

Brent Key is already making staff changes as the new head coach

• Haha 1

Disappointed we didn't get to see his skills in action.  Every indication he is a classy young man and nice to see he completed his degree.  I hope for his success at his next stop.

I won't be surprised if Ty Thompson is the next domino to fall. He's the much more logical option to follow KD down to ASU. I could see Butters exploring his options (one of those being 40 miles to the north). 😐 

• Yikes! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Great kid and I was sorry we never got to see him get meaningful reps in a game. He will land somewhere that can use him. I figured it would be TyT in the portal instead, but I guess that could still happen as well.

Not that Butterfield would know for certain, or base his decision to transfer on it, but him leaving implies to me that Moore is still on track to come to Oregon. It makes Nix staying and/or DL bringing in a transfer more important now to keep three scholarship QBs in the room

Edited by EastBayDuckDad
Grammar and an addition

Don't know how to feel about this one - he didn't even get to play with TT's underwhelming showing this season.    Good luck to the kid.  He may need it.

On 11/30/2022 at 1:54 PM, DiscoDuck said:

I dont put too much weight in that rumor. When you completely underperform at GT and get fired, you typically dont get a better gig on the rebound. Sims might be a possibility though

• Thumbs Up 2

(Sigh…..)

I hope he finds a stable opportunity to let his skills show. He deserves an opportunity to shine, and I hope he finds it! Butters is a class act, about all we know for sure!

• Thumbs Up 1

I think we didn’t see him play at all because he may have been a “silent redshirt” like Cardwell. 

Can’t imagine the coaches watching TT’s on field performance and saying “that’s what we’re looking for in QB2”.

Ive been expecting him to be a Beaver for awhile now. I’d still wish him well if it happens.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 11/30/2022 at 1:19 PM, Log Haulin said:
WWW.SI.COM

Brent Key is already making staff changes as the new head coach

"Long came to Georgia Tech this season after being the offensive coordinator at Tulane and Notre Dame previously. The offense was one of the worst in the country, averaging only 17 PPG, which was good for 125th in the country. The passing offense ranked near the bottom of the country and the team could not run the ball consistently."

No thanks. 

• Yikes! 1
  • Mic drop 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

B-Bye

On 11/30/2022 at 4:12 PM, 2002duck said:

"Long came to Georgia Tech this season after being the offensive coordinator at Tulane and Notre Dame previously. The offense was one of the worst in the country, averaging only 17 PPG, which was good for 125th in the country. The passing offense ranked near the bottom of the country and the team could not run the ball consistently."

No thanks. 

A tough sell to a program use to an offense which leads and innovates. Love Lanning, but hiring an OC with that distinction would take a lot of salesmanship.

Edited by Haywarduck
  • Thumbs Up 1

Can't say anything about his on-field potential, because I didn't see him throw more than two or three passes in his time here. I sure liked his sideline demeanor, though. As one of the taller players, it was easy to spot him when the cameras shot sideline reactions. The kid was always right there, seemingly the first person to congratulate Bo on a great play or great scoring drive.  He seemed like a really positive teammate despite the fact that he wasn't seeing the field.

I wish him well. (I wonder if Stanford is a potential option for him.)

Seriously, who can blame him?  This QB situation we have at Oregon is just ... bizarre.