cartm25

BREAKING: RB Noah Whittington Out for the Year

Sad news . . .

• Oh no! 1
  • Wow 1

That's a drag, Noah might have moved onto the NFL after this season.  Hopefully he makes a full recovery and comes back at full strength next season...in the meantime Bucky and Jordan should carry the load with no problem with Jayden and Dante taking the leftovers.

That does change the RB recruiting calculus assuming Noah comes back.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Like 1

Very sad for Noah.

Hard for team also. He brings so much to the team.

Well, Oregon is one of the best possible places to rehab a leg injury in the country, so here's to a complete, full recovery and a successful 2024 in the B1G.

• Thumbs Up 3

A big loss for the team. He was huge in the game-plans because he was so fast, and caught the ball so well.

A sweet TD pass-and-catch last year...

Whit Draft2 1200 X 630 for WordPress_Nancy Paiva.jpg

We will hope for a good recovery for him...

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

Ohh man. Did not want to hear this.

• Yikes! 1

Very sorry to hear this.   Had heard from some people there was fear of a season ending injury.   Obviously that came to pass.  Good thoughts to him for a full and speedy recovery.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

BUMMER! Heal well Noah. Next man up.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Thank you Mr. Whittington for putting it on the line for the Duck Nation!

Hoping for a speedy and full recover, expecting nothing less. You thrilled on the field, now amaze us in recovery!

• Thanks 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

On 10/4/2023 at 3:04 PM, kirklandduck said:

That's a drag, Noah might have moved onto the NFL after this season.  Hopefully he makes a full recovery and comes back at full strength next season...in the meantime Bucky and Jordan should carry the load with no problem with Jayden and Dante taking the leftovers.

That does change the RB recruiting calculus assuming Noah comes back.

With an injury waiver, which I believe is doable even though he played in 5 not 4 games, he could come back with 2 years and not 1 year of remaining eligibility.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Not cool. Hope he heals well and comes back next year ready to go.

Our RB room is stacked. But, losing a guy like Noah will be felt and (as stated) changes our game plans. 

Hate to hear this. He's a good dude.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Sad news indeed for Noah and the team. As JJ said, next man up. Gifts can come in strange packages. Hope this is one of those times. Loved watching him work and wishing him a full recovery. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/4/2023 at 1:03 PM, Jon Joseph said:

With an injury waiver, which I believe is doable even though he played in 5 not 4 games, he could come back with 2 years and not 1 year of remaining eligibility.

He might not have played in the PSU game. 

• Let’s hope! 1

On a more positive note, Khyree Jackson is back practicing. 

• Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 5
  • Like 1

Noah only played in 3 games this season.  He hasn't even used his redshirt year.  He could ask for a medical redshirt this season and still have another redshirt season available.

• Let’s hope! 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Very unfortunate news for both the Ducks and Noah. He was a very valuable component of the RB contingent,  particularly what he brought to the RPO and pass game. A successful and speedy recovery is hoped for with a return in 2024.

Jordan James has already stepped up but will be called upon to do more. He appears to be ready. Limar and Dowdell now need to be coached up to be the 3-4 back. Both are capable 4☆ RBs and will have to learn the offense fast. The one that excels in practice, and most importantly, blocks well enough to help keep Nix upright gets the nod.

• Thumbs Up 1

Wishing him a full and speedy recovery. Not only a stud RB, but excellent receiver hands as well. Next year, he will be a force to be reckoned with.

Meanwhile, thankfully we have depth and should be able to 'next-man-up' rather well.

We are testing the depth and guess what???? 

WE HAVE IT! 

I wish Noah the best in his recovery but the run game won't slow down. We have too much talent to be stopped! Bucky and James have ripped it up this year and will continue to do so. 

Feel bad for Noah. Oregon is loaded so he can heal up and Ducks won't miss a beat.

Real bummer!  Hope he recovers fully and comes back for the B1G OBD.

• Thumbs Up 1

Didn't look that severe on the field.  Just goes to show you how difficult these types of injuries can be.  Our prayers go out for the young man that he makes a full recovery and gets back on the field again soon.  

On 10/4/2023 at 9:39 PM, Mic said:

Didn't look that severe on the field.  Just goes to show you how difficult these types of injuries can be.  ...

Yes, I saw him limp off the field, but also thought it didn't look that bad just judging from that. Hope he has a speedy and full recovery.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/4/2023 at 1:03 PM, Jon Joseph said:

He does have a redshirt available. 

On 10/5/2023 at 9:11 AM, DanLduck said:

He does have a redshirt available. 

I checked on this and you appear to be right, I didn't see that he has utilized a red shirt yet.  hopefully, since this happened in their 4th game this will be the case, if he wants. Injuries are so unfortunate for the individual (not to mention the team) but sometimes they come with a silver lining as Noah can take the time to heal properly and gain more experience, more strength, more knowledge of the game in the meantime.

• Thumbs Up 2

Hopefully be healthy enough to coach up fellow teammate and be around practice etc

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/5/2023 at 1:59 PM, DanLduck said:

Hopefully be healthy enough to coach up fellow teammate and be around practice etc

I would think so.  It's a way to keep his head in the game, his feeling of contributing to the team and just being a Duck.  I know when I was in the service and was assigned to teach younger men my skills in the nuclear submarine service I myself learned so much more - by teaching.  You cannot teach a subject or skill without becoming immersed in it yourself and if he can coach up the youngsters behind him he will himself improve immensely in his knowledge of the game.  We all want to see him heal completely, be successful and remain a Duck till his collegiate career is finished.

Edited by Mic