Charles Fischer

Let’s Do It: GameDay Thread vs. Washington!

Halftime talk show is all about Washington.

Yeah, should have run the ball. Shame to waste a turnover. Still, not a horrible place to be going into the half with first possession in the 3rd. 

Time for adjustments that take away that deep ball and account for the run game.

• Thumbs Up 1

The officiating is awful. The missed late hit led with the crown of the helmet on Nix, calling that incompletion complete, missed holding calls. Our FG drive should have been extended on that late hit. Ugh. 

• Thumbs Up 2

If you are planning to go on 4th, with a timeout, a run on 3rd to me seems like a strong play.

• Thumbs Up 1

Bucky is tearing it up... He deserved a shot.

The calls have been mostly absent. I’d say it’s favoring Washington at the moment. I hope the refs don’t choose to insert themselves on ticky-tack calls against the Ducks, because that would be criminal.

Lets score on our first possession of the second half and PLAY SOME D! Also, how will our players compare to UW’s in terms of endurance in Q4? That could come into play….depth. We shall see. 

Edited by SeattleDuck92

Sorry…..that was an emotional, but, not wise…..move to go for TD, and not field goal on 4th down prior to half.  Too risky.  Not worth it.

Cornelius hold on 3rd down——an absolute killer!

2 slips so far this half. That hold was caused by him slipping.

Edited by Just Ducky

2 CBs injured on the ground, are you kidding me?

Ducks look 2 steps behind

• Yikes! 1

On 10/14/2023 at 2:42 PM, JMac said:

The calls have been mostly absent. I’d say it’s favoring Washington at the moment. I hope the refs don’t choose to insert themselves on ticky-tack calls against the Ducks, because that would be criminal.

2 penalties against Oregon for 10 yards.

5 against UW for 45 yards. 

I hope that missed opportunity to take the 3 before halftime doesn't become a factor later in the game - although it sure looks like it now. And to rub salt in the wound, both CB's are down. Come on Ducks!

I don't think that was PI. The ball placement was such where the player wouldn't have gotten it anyways and it was a light touch... maybe I'm wrong though. 

Lanning making another huge mistake, this potential loss is on him for that call, we still be down a score if he just kicks the damn FG

• Thumbs Up 1

Hate the Fuskies but they came to play. Ducks not so much.

Edited by 1Ducker1

On 10/14/2023 at 2:57 PM, spartan2785 said:

Lanning making another huge mistake, this potential loss is on him for that call, we still be down a score if he just kicks the damn FG

It ain't over yet. Lot of ball to play

• Thumbs Up 2

Well, we've been in this position several times before, I still have the faith.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hopefully, the D steps up.  Have been average so far.

I also think the play calling needs to adjust.  UW D seems to know the plays before they happen.

Still a lot of time, but need to kick it in gear now.

KJ and Florence both down and they go right at Manning. Ducks have to respond this drive.

They are making more plays, and fewer mistakes than we are.  They are taking the edge, a mistake I don't quite understand on our part.  No defense is sound if the DEs/OLBs do not seal the edge.  

The defense must now win this game since OBD wasted two scoring opportunities in a row.  The victory is all in the hands of the defense.  They are playing fine.  Now they must make plays.  Stops, and turnovers.  It all comes down to that.

Ugly game.  Hopefully the Ducks can keep it close/respectable.

Edited by OregonDucks

On 10/14/2023 at 2:57 PM, spartan2785 said:

I don't like the call either, but if they has scored, we'd likely be calling Lanning a genius

Targeting on the crack back block on jackson

Washington is more prepared for this game. I hate to admit it, but they are the better team ... at least this game. It's the Husky D that looks prepared and energized - we're out of sync and confused. Painful. We needed those 3 points at the end of the half.

On 10/14/2023 at 3:03 PM, I Ducked said:

Washington is more prepared for this game. I hate to admit it, but they are the better team ... at least this game. It's the Husky D that looks prepared and energized - we're out of sync and confused. Painful. We needed those 3 points at the end of the half.

Washington is dictating the game on both sides of the ball.  Oregon seems more reactive so far.

• Thanks 1

At this point I like going for it on 4th.

That kinda feels like game... 4th and goal stuffed twice. 

• Thumbs Up 1

I love Lanning but he's going to have a lot to answer for with those two fourth down attempts, giving up 6 points, if Oregon loses this game.

Edited by OregonDucks
  • Applause 1

On 10/15/2023 at 8:09 AM, Desert Duck said:

At this point I like going for it on 4th.

IMHO, If we had went for 3, we'd still be down only one score.

Slip, slipping away…

Also... It looks like Washington players really lead with their helmets all the time. 

I'm trying not to get too upset, but man Lanning has to improve as an in-game coach.

Edited by spartan2785
  • Thumbs Up 1

Yep, Chasing points.  24-29 looks a lot better than 18-29.

Not liking both RZ decisions, but THAT WAS A HOLD. The  Refs are giving the Fuskies more advantages on those kinds of plays.  That is two PI calls they refused to call on conversion related plays.  Should be first and goal right there.  Same as last year.

On 10/14/2023 at 3:13 PM, Tandaian said:

21-29 looks better than 18-29, only down by a TD and 2 point conversion.

Edited by OregonDucks

On 10/15/2023 at 8:11 AM, David Marsh said:

That kinda feels like game... 4th and goal stuffed twice. 

Well, I just remember Stanford vs Colorado. Looked like game was over at halftime and shut tv off, only to be shocked to find out later the Cardinal came back and won the game lol.

On 10/14/2023 at 3:11 PM, OregonDucks said:

I love Lanning but he's going to have a lot to answer for with those two fourth down attempts, giving up 6 points, if Oregon loses this game.

Given the situation, I'm good with the  second 4th & goal attempt.  Lanning came to win. 

6 points sacrificed in a razor thin game. "Agressiveness" can cost you.

• Applause 1

Nice job, defense.  Keeping Oregon in the game.

On 10/14/2023 at 3:15 PM, I Ducked said:

6 points sacrificed in a razor thin game. "Agressiveness" can cost you.

And it can win you games as well. 

On 10/14/2023 at 3:12 PM, jrw said:

Slip, slipping away…

Exactly, what is up with the lack of traction?

• Haha 1

Both our o and d lines are loosing the battle. A big shock to me. Lot more energy out of the pups.

How big will those 6 points be now.

Nice job, O.  Way to respond!

On 10/14/2023 at 6:13 PM, Tandaian said:

Yes it does, but this game isn’t over.  Oregon’s offense has a good shot at winning this game for the Ducks IMO

Good job Bridges coming in and locking up Odunze!

• Applause 2

This is when it’s nice to have a former starter, Bridges, as your 3rd string CB.

• Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 1