BREAKING: 5-star EDGE Elijah Rushing announces commitment to Oregon

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Cool 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Mic drop 1
  • Applause 9
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

HUGE pick up for Coach Lanning and company! 

By far the best recruiting class in the Pac-12, and trailing only tOSU in the B1G? I'll take it!

Relentless recruiting continues to pay off for Dan Lanning and Oregon

The Ducks rise to No. 6 in the 247Sports Recruiting Rankings after landing five-star DE Elijah Rushing.

247SPORTS.COM

The Ducks rise to No. 6 in the 247Sports Recruiting Rankings after landing five-star DE Elijah Rushing.

• Thumbs Up 1

Outstanding. I was concerned that with the signifcant improvement in Arizona's defense he might reconsider, but that statement made by the Ducks at Utah likely sealed the deal. 

• Thumbs Up 3

Oregon fans react to Ducks landing commitment from 5-star EDGE Elijah Rushing

When it rains, it pours, and it’s currently raining victories for Dan Lanning and the Oregon Ducks in Eugene.

After picking up a big-time road win over the Utah Utes on Saturday and jumping up to No. 6 in the nation, the Ducks got a massive win on the recruiting trail, landing 5-star EDGE Elijah Rushing, a player who decommitted from the Arizoan Wildcats just a handful of weeks ago.

Rushing is rated as the No. 14 overall player in the 2024 class, and the No. 2 EDGE.

This is the second 5-star player that the Ducks have added in the past month, with 5-star DL Aydin Breland committing hours before the Washingon game.

As you would expect, Oregon fans celebrated accordingly on Monday with the Ducks jumping up to No. 6 in the national recruiting rankings.

Here are some of the best reactions on social media...

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Oregon Duck fans celebrated once again on Monday morning after 5-star EDGE Elijah Rushing announced his commitment.

giphy.gif

• Applause 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

Winning big games results in signing more big players. Congratulations coaches and fans. Go Ducks!!

• Thumbs Up 1

Incredible victory for the Lanning staff, as he was offered by ...Texas, Oklahoma, Ohio State, Michigan, Notre Dame, Florida State, Georgia, USC and Washington!

N.RIVALS.COM

Elijah Rushing - 2024 4 Star Weakside defensive end for Salpointe (Tucson, AZ) on Rivals.com

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

Oregon lands 5-star edge Elijah Rushing

Oregon made the most resounding statement in college football over the weekend with a dominant victory at Utah and has just followed it up with an equally loud exclamation point on the recruiting trail.

Five-star edge rusher Elijah Rushing of Tucson (Ariz.) Salpointe Catholic committed to the Ducks on Monday, giving coach Dan Lanning and his staff yet another cornerstone piece as they push for a dazzling finish ahead of the Early Signing Period.

Rushing, the nation’s No. 14 overall prospect, was previously committed to hometown Arizona but backed off that pledge earlier this month.

“The system, the defensive expertise of coach Dan Lanning and coach Tosh Lupoi, they’re good coaches and they bring that fire to the team,” Rushing told 247Sports.

“You could see it on TV, coach Lanning getting in there to fire up the defense on fourth downs. That’s what defensive players look for.”

By adding the 6-foot-6, 250-pound Rushing to the fold, Oregon jumped up four spots to No. 6 in the Composite team recruiting rankings for the 2024 class.

The group includes 10 other Top247 members, including fellow five-star defensive lineman Aydin Breland and four-star linebacker Brayden Platt....

247SPORTS.COM

It's another momentous recruiting victory for the Ducks...

• Thumbs Up 1

This makes the 18th verbal of the 4/5-Star players on Rivals, and is the No. 2 all-time recruiting class ever at Oregon. The record is 19, and it can be beat!

Come join Oregon!

Lanning2_Oregon Football Twitter.jpg

• Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

On 10/30/2023 at 12:42 PM, EastBayDuckDad said:

Outstanding. I was concerned that with the signifcant improvement in Arizona's defense he might reconsider, but that statement made by the Ducks at Utah likely sealed the deal. 

East Bay, I had the same concern. I think B1G vs, B12 made a difference here and will continue to make a difference.

• Thumbs Up 1

Our new home in the Big10 has sealed the deal for big time prospects who heretofore were in a wait and see mode.  Sorry UofA, ASU, the ‘Big’ 12 is a JV league not worthy of the talent the likes of Rushing, Breland, Platt & co.

Edited by Tjack
  • Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Oregon nearing top-5 class in On3 Industry Team Recruiting Rankings

Oregon insider explains how Ducks landed elite EDGE Elijah Rushing

Oregon's 2024 Recruiting Class...

Looks like the water is spilling over the dam. Going to be hard to stop it. This is a big get.

If all these players are as good as advertised (more than cautiously optimistic) on the front 7 and dbs only getting better, QBs are going to be looking for sprinkler heads to hide under come the 2nd quarter next year!  Gettin fun!

• Mic drop 1

Lanning is building a DL that nobody in the country will be able to handle.......Georgia better look out. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

The recruiting comp will be coming from Columbus.

Ohio State - #2 ranked class.

5* 5 / 4* 11. 

Get your popcorn ready for next season's game in Eugene. 

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

And nobody, not even your grandmother is going to be asking the Oregon Program,,,,,,,

tumblr_n5inf0QDiE1qzk2apo1_500.gif

• Haha 4
  • Thumbs Up 1

2024 - Rivals B1G Rankings to Date

2. Ohio State - Just behind Georgia. A recruiting machine.

5. OREGON - Keep it up DL + friends.

14. Michigan - Michigan has withdrawn Harbaugh's new contract deal. He leaves, how many stay?

15. Penn State - Need to find difference-makers on O.

18. Wisconsin - Decent effort so far by Fickel in his 2nd season.

25. USC - Holy Pete Carroll!

26. Nebraska -  I do think Coach Ruhle will bring the Huskers back but not to champ level.

29. Purdue - A Boilermakers finish in the top 30 would mean drinks all around.

31. Maryland - Mike Locksley has not recruited as well as hoped.

34. Rutgers Bowl eligible - Soprano family applauds the return of Pisano, Coach Schiano. 

36. Minnesota - Lot of rowing to do.

37. Iowa - Why would any skill player want to play ball at Iowa?

48. Illinois - Bret Bielema is not having a recruiting impact in the B1G. Kind of like the SEC.

48. Washington - At least Professor Lake could kind of recruit.

52. Indiana - Good luck to the new HC. Has basketball season started?

56. UCLA - Recruiting-wise, the Chipper is consistent.

67. Michigan State - This will be a B1G rebuild for the new HC. 

68. Northwestern - Figures. But 4-4 to date in 2023 is a heck of a season.

• Thumbs Up 2

Wow. What a huge pickup by Lanning, Tosh and staff! Our defense will continue to be dominate for years to come. 

I was bummed when he originally announced that he would be staying home.  So glad that he kept in touch with the coaching staff and reconsidered. He had to love what he saw on Saturday against Utah. 

Welcome to the Oregon family, Elijah.  Can’t wait to see you wrecking havock in the opposing team’s backfield. 

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Lupoi's stock just went through the roof the past 3 days. What a great pick up. Hopefully this snowballs into top 5 class. Still some dudes that are warm on Oregon. And lets all remember what happened last years signing day. This could be beyond anything we thought could happen

• Thumbs Up 2

On 10/30/2023 at 10:01 AM, Charles Fischer said:

"and it can be beat!"

Come join Oregon!

Lanning2_Oregon Football Twitter.jpg

"As it is written, so shall it be done." 1 Duck 1:1

Edited by Desert Duck
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 1

For the kid to announce his commitment to his hometown University of Arizona (born and raised in Tucson), then three weeks ago to rescind his commitment, and then choose Oregon... well, it's just beyond huge for our program. 

The pressure on him to stay with Arizona was immense. And when you combine this with the fact that his brother, Cruz Rushing, walked on at Florida his freshman year, and then transferred to Arizona this season, it's even more amazing that he's walking away from that and flying Air-Duck to Oregon! It says to me that this is a strong, young, man.

I'm truly amazed by this -- along with the entire recruitment class... thus far. And we all know that there is more goodness to come!

WELCOME ABOARD, MR. RUSHING!!!

Edited by Desert Duck
  • Applause 1

The dline is going to be an absolute nightmare for opponents the next few years!

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm very excited, but it's kind of funny, maybe it's because everyone saw this coming for the last couple weeks, but the excitement of this is nowhere close to where it was when Cam Colvin or De'Anthony Thomas committed, it might be because they were skill guys.  Just seems like this might become the norm each year instead of the exception, I sort of expect now to get a five star or two, amazing where the program is with recruiting.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

On 10/30/2023 at 2:37 PM, spartan2785 said:

I'm very excited, but it's kind of funny, maybe it's because everyone saw this coming for the last couple weeks, but the excitement of this is nowhere close to where it was when Cam Colvin or De'Anthony Thomas committed, it might be because they were skill guys.  Just seems like this might become the norm each year instead of the exception, I sort of expect now to get a five star or two, amazing where the program is with recruiting.

I hear you, but as an old guy, whose first game was almost back when dinosaurs were still roaming around the then gravel-pit-like lakes at Autzen, with thousands of pterodactyls-like-seagulls that semi-owned the air space around the stadium, and my first game at Autzen was Oregon 0 – UW 58, every one of these major-league recruits we now get still kind of amazes me. We were just so painfully bad for so long.

Clearly, it’s obvious that I still have not entirely shed the Fan-PTSD from those almost ground-hog-day-like years (when successfully begging our way into the Independence Bowl almost seemed like winning the Rose Bowl).

But I am working on it. I’m hopeful that another decade or so of fan recovery therapy will do the trick.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 10/30/2023 at 3:58 PM, Desert Duck said:

Clearly, it’s obvious that I still have not entirely shed the Fan-PTSD from those almost ground-hog-day-like years

I'm with you. I, too, suffer from PTDS, or Post-Traumatic Duck Syndrome; all the what-ifs, the almosts, and the should-have-beens keep me from really jumping up and down as much as I should. That, and I'm old.

• Thumbs Up 1

My frosh year at U of O, I camped out overnight to get ‘95 Rose Bowl tickets.

Unfortunately, I couldn’t figure out transportation or lodging, so my tickets remained buried in a box of momentos.

My two good friends managed to make it to the Rose Bowl but got stuck there for 2 weeks and missed the start of winter quarter. 

• Wow 1
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/30/2023 at 8:26 PM, Dr Hilarius said:

My frosh year at U of O, I camped out overnight to get ‘95 Rose Bowl tickets.

Unfortunately, I couldn’t figure out transportation or lodging, so my tickets remained buried in a box of momentos.

My two good friends managed to make it to the Rose Bowl but got stuck there for 2 weeks and missed the start of winter quarter. 

I'm so sorry you weren't able to get there. But glad that you've got a couple great souvenirs. And I'm curious why/how your friends got stuck there. 

CLASS IMPACT: Five-Star EDGE Elijah Rushing Commits to Oregon

Rushing commits to Oregon and completes his flip from the Arizona Wildcats.

Oregon's 2024 recruiting class jumped from No. 10 to No. 6 nationally on Monday after Dan Lanning and the Ducks picked up a commitment from five-star Tucson (Ariz.) Salpointe Catholic EDGE Elijah Rushing.

Rushing pledged to Oregon after de-committing from Arizona earlier this month and adds to what is shaping up to be a historic class for Dan Lanning.

We're breaking this commitment down from all angles.

This is a massive recruiting win for the Ducks. They never stopped recruiting Rushing after he committed to Arizona and that paid off in a big way. 

This was a team recruiting win in the biggest way. Tosh Lupoi, Dan Lanning and other members of the staff played a role in getting this one finished.

Constant communication and interest were crucial so Rushing knew that Eugene was the place to be.

To access the details in this article, click here.