Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Charles Fischer

Good Gosh....What a Bad FAN VIBE!

I am definitely not a fair weather nor bandwagon fan.

I still look for Duck news wherever I can (for free), yet I find myself ignoring the national tv pre-game and weekly programs after a loss as I already witnessed it and don't need any additional input.  However, after a win, I will look at more sources to see if they are seeing anything I may have missed.

It is interesting to note that on some national sites the Stanford loss is looking favorable due to 1) no Moorehead; 2) highly questionable un-timed down to tie; and, OT loss.

Of course, I still see bad decisions by AB as the primary reason for the loss.

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I think the fans (and I will speak mostly for myself here) have taken on a bit of the character of the team i.e. Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde.

This week has been all Mr. Hyde.

I actually had a lot more angst early in the season after the first game, but it was mostly due to the smothering smoke from wildfires that we endured for weeks. Nothing worse than 500+ AQI to make a person grumpy.

On 10/12/2021 at 1:07 PM, GODUCKS15 said:

If the Ducks were 5-0 and played like a then #3 team I bet the fan forums would be rocking. The Furd loss sucked what little enthusiasm was left. Mediocre play calling and mediocre team play and there's not a lot to get excited about. How bad is it when fans are wondering if the Ducks will beat Cal or barely beat Cal or blow them out?

The fan base was concerned due to the style of play the two games before Stanford.  What happened at the Stanford game was what we were all afraid of.  Barely beat Cal, blow them out, or lose like to them like they did last year.  Its anybody's guess.

The performance level is definitely not up to Ducks standards, we all see that.

One problem for me is the starting time for some of these games. Playing games on the road early in the morning and at home at 7:30 at night is not the best for fans. Portland fans don’t get home till Sunday morning.

And some of my friends with season tickets have quit going to home games because they like to tailgate at halftime but they now cannot re enter the game. Plus getting a cold adult beverage is a challenge in the stadium.

All these things can add up to poor attendance.

Be interesting to see the turnout Friday Night.

Go 🦆🦆🦆s

• Thumbs Up 1

As a season ticket holder, the continued night games and covid policies (with no option for refunds), combined with poor and unexciting play, means we're out. I regret ever buying into the current regime. 

Hoping for change, but not holding my breath. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/12/2021 at 2:28 PM, jrw said:

Hate me for this, but I think there is just way too much angst here about this team.

The tenor of the comments has gone, from Ohio State to Stanford, from "Mario is a genius" to "Mario needs to get out of the way or be fired"

The unrelenting and, I think the largely undeserved, negativity, is killing some of my interest in talking about the Ducks, but not watching them.

The team is ranked 9 in the country and is 4-1, but many here seem to be on the ledge, ready to jump (and take the coaching staff with them).

From my perspective, this team should never have been thought of this year as a top 10 team. It's too young, too inexperienced, and now, too injured to be that good.

The hype about the Ducks has been largely about their recruiting, which has yet to be borne out (see above for reasons), which I think has let expectations get ahead of reality.

Now, all that said, if this team is not really good in 2022 and 2023 and beyond, there is real reason for concern.

Sure, there seem to be some coaching issues, but there always are for all us armchair quarterbacks and couch coaches.

I'm confident someone will call me a sunshine pumper, but so be it.

I don't disagree with you. Yet the product on the field is boring, predictable and just not fun to watch.

Because of this, could we lose recruits? Arizona is going after that amazing athlete in CA, I can just hear them say something like, "they can't/don't throw downfield, your talents will be wasted"

"Come to AZ, we know how to use your talents".

• Like 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I hate,  hate, hate night games and have decided not to go to them any more. But, that said, I did sell my tickets to the AZ and CAL games, so someone will be filling those seats. Of course, I don't know if they are/were Duck fans.

On 10/13/2021 at 2:25 PM, Annie said:

I hate,  hate, hate night games and have decided not to go to them any more. But, that said, I did sell my tickets to the AZ and CAL games, so someone will be filling those seats. Of course, I don't know if they are/were Duck fans.

Way to go Annie, making sure your seats are filled; I did the same thing as I cannot go to the game, get home at midnight here in Eugene, and then start all my game/article/video/photographer tasks at that hour.  I'm getting too old for that!

• Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

Jrw, lovin the sunshine buddy!  I agree totally.

for me, a big part of the angst comes from reading posts like “if they don’t win by ## many points, I’m gonna quit watching” or “the coaches and the players need replaced”

Come on, are we Duck fans or fans of blowouts?  I love a good stompin as much as the next guy, but what I really love is watching the Ducks, win, lose, or draw,

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/13/2021 at 5:49 PM, PittDuck said:

for me, a big part of the angst comes from reading posts like “if they don’t win by ## many points, I’m gonna quit watching” or “the coaches and the players need replaced”

Come on, are we Duck fans or fans of blowouts?  I love a good stompin as much as the next guy, but what I really love is watching the Ducks, win, lose, or draw,

It's way more than just winning a game.  The team has just become boring.  i'm so tired of runs between the tackles and no imagination  for an offense.  I'm tired of a qurterback who is so limited.  It's more than wins and losses, I want to see a team thats fun to watch, and ours is not.

Edited by 47sgs