Augduck

Watching The Pinstripe Bowl

Mario doing his usual thing.  Bad game management, horrible play calling and the Canes getting multiple unsportsmanlike conduct penalties.

Many think of Kenny Wheaton's play as one of the greatest days in Oregon football history and rightly so. December 6th 2021, (the day of Mario's resignation) is right up there in my book.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Mic drop 1
  • Great post! 2
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 5

And yet Mari-no-O STILL managed to land a higher ranked class than OBD.

I just don’t get it.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/28/2023 at 2:33 PM, Augduck said:

Mario doing his usual thing.  Bad game management, horrible play calling and the Canes getting multiple unsportsmanlike conduct penalties.

Many think of Kenny Wheaton's play as one of the greatest days in Oregon football history and rightly so. December 6th 2021, (the day of Mario's resignation) is right up there in my book.

The date Miami's $9M buyout check cleared was pretty great as well.

• Haha 2
  • Great post! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Like 2

You neglected to mention Miami is about to lose to Rutgers.

Edited by Solar
  • Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

Vintage clock management, ends 7 point loss with 2 unused timeouts

Edited by JabbaNoBargain
  • Haha 3
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Update: Rutgers 31, Miami 24.  Mari does it again!

• Haha 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

He started out with his first play call at Oregon with a time out... BEFORE the game had even started. In my entire life, I had never seen that one before Mario.

Mighty Rutgers 31 - Mario Miami 24

• Haha 2

Don’t be to hard on Mari no O. He helped Rutgers win their first bowl since 2014.

• Haha 5
  • Thumbs Up 1

Does the score really shock me? No!!

On 12/28/2023 at 2:52 PM, Desert Duck said:

Mighty Rutgers

They are in the B1G and OBD will play them. Good to see that a 6-6 B1G team can beat one of the top teams in the ACC...

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

We are so blessed to have DL coach OBD and have Mr. Mari-oh-oh gone.  Mari-oh-oh's game and clock management is just horrendous.  Players are out of control.  And to top it off, Miami was completely outplayed physically.  The U now has great recruiting but seems terrible at everything else.

Edited by Mudslide
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 12/28/2023 at 2:52 PM, Pocketchange said:

Don’t be to hard on Mari no O. He helped Rutgers win their first bowl since 2014.

Isn't he such a nice man?😆

• Thumbs Up 1

Way To Go B1G! 5-0! 2 ACC pelts in the bag. 1-0 against New B12, MW champ, and MAC.  

Edited by Jon Joseph
  • Thumbs Up 1

The most active current thread on Canes Insight is titled "It takes more than just fancy recruiting." 

It's gold, Jerry! Gold!

• Haha 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 12/28/2023 at 4:26 PM, Vanducky said:

The most active current thread on Canes Insight is titled "It takes more than just fancy recruiting." 

It's gold, Jerry! Gold!

Well, at least the picture is getting clearer for them.  

No refunds, no returns.  He's yours Miami!

• Mic drop 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

The clock management, or lack there of, is the thing that drove me crazy when Mario was Oregon’s coach; and today’s game demonstrated that it’s still an issue.

Great recruiting can’t overcome poor coaching and poor game management. The day Mario left really was one of the greatest days in Oregon football history.

Edited by latracey
  • Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 12/28/2023 at 7:26 PM, Vanducky said:

It's gold, Jerry! Gold!

One of my favorite things to see on CanesInSight is “Oregon fans were right”.

IMG_0022.gif

• Applause 2

When it looked like MC was leaving, I'll admit, I was pretty happy.

Though eventually I read enough opinions suggesting, "He's an ace recruiter and if at some points he hires the right OC and DC and leaves them alone, it's going to be gold."

And yeah, reluctantly I felt I must change view.

What if Mario leaves and the Ducks hire a Wilcox or a Taggart? It can get worse. The pool of available coaches isn't so great to not stay the course; and, I'll admit, I (somewhat reluctantly) I got a bit on board. Couldn't be more happy to have my first opinion be correct and be a Duck fan outside MC's shadow. I do wonder how long he has at Miami? I tend to doubt the "waiters and believe" will outweigh the others for very long. It's not such a bad gig being a good recruiter and a solid position coach. Beats a lot of occupational career path for sure. And Mario if he is smart will have the $ to tell those coaches who might want him on the "OL"? No thanks, I'm good.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Mario...all sizzle, no steak!

• Thumbs Up 1

I have been tempted SO MANY times to email 'Cane fans who lectured me in emails about "how recruiting is everything," despite what I stated about coaching.  They are suffering enough...

Mario Cristobal_247 Video.jpg

• Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Also, first Miami coach to lose to Rutgers in 12 tries.

He lost this game to a team that completed 7 passes.  7.   Ran all over him 45 times.  So much for tough line.  And he was only missing 1 opt out in the front 7. 

Edited by AllOregon
  • Wow 1
  • Thanks 1

It's not just the fans that are dumbfounded.

• Yikes! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 12/28/2023 at 8:44 PM, Charles Fischer said:

I have been tempted SO MANY times to email 'Cane fans who lectured me in emails about "how recruiting is everything," despite what I stated about coaching.  They are suffering enough...

Mario Cristobal_247 Video.jpg

I must say Sir, in spite of your frequent claims otherwise, you are indeed a Noble Man!

Happy New Year!!

Go Ducks!!

Olcodgerduck

• Haha 1

Jim Leavitt taking a shot at Cristobal.  Not sure if you saw how "Stache Feld" responded to that tweet but it's interesting:IMG_1393.thumb.png.ca46760a5139f7f958c1f311e0d11431.png

Edited by Ktmguy2018
  • Wow 1
  • Haha 1

Just for context, Leavitt and Cristobal hated one another when they were together at Oregon.

They literally never spoke to each other. 

On 12/28/2023 at 2:38 PM, Dr Hilarius said:

And yet Mari-no-O STILL managed to land a higher ranked class than OBD.

I just don’t get it.

Yeah, that still puzzles me.  He must have one heck of a speihl that he gives those kids.  It obviously can't involve a scoreboard.

I wonder how many of those recruits stay with Miami.  Recruiting class rankings don't win games and slogging through 7 win seasons may not be what they want.

• Thumbs Up 1