Charles Fischer

On Saturday: What Do YOU Want to See From Oregon?

I will let you all chime in on what you want on offense, and what you wish to see on defense, but I wish to have a massive uptick in Wide Receiver production this week for Our Beloved Ducks.  Get the confidence of both the quarterback and his receivers way UP for the conference schedule!

This is a group that should be killing-it, between Stewart, Holden and Tez. I do not believe that the Beavers or many of the B1G foes have the fast-twitch at defensive back to counter what the Ducks have in wide receivers, and now is the time to assert that advantage.

Throwing longer patterns and deeper drag routes opens everything up; the seam patterns to the tight ends, the short passes in the flat to running backs, and it has defenders leaning back on their heels--on the outer edge of the box, hence opening up the running attack a bit more for Oregon.

Traeshon Holder TD, Forum Only.jpg

What do YOU want to see on Saturday?

• Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Would love to see a complete 4 quarter game from OBD's in all 3 phases. Be consistent and dominant from the start to the finish

Charles, i agree that most teams on the Ducks schedule cannot match up with our receivers. Too much talent, speed and twitch. Give DG time and protection and he should have 5 TD passes against the rodents.

Go Ducks.......

• Thumbs Up 2

I want to see the O Line tryouts continue in the first half with the solidest five playing together in the second half. In said second half, I want to see the offense getting back to doing what it does. This game should be a great test for the O line to stop the false start penalties. I want to see them pass that test.

I want to see a stadium full of rabid orange fans realize that this rivalry is over.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 9/12/2024 at 12:26 PM, The Kamikaze Kid said:

I want to see the O Line tryouts continue in the first half with the solidest five playing together in the second half.

Well, speaking of the offensive line....I will have a new analysis out about them on Friday. 

Although this time we are looking at the positive, the progress I am enjoying seeing.

QB Action, OLine Action Sacked_Screenshot from Peacock Sports Video.jpg

Well, the progress was in the second half as Connerly watches a first-half sack...

• Wow 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

The main thing I want to see is a victory.  Starting 3-0 is the priority for me. If it is another ugly win, I can live with it. That being said, it is time for OBD to start looking like the team everyone thought we would see this season. 

Offensively, I would like to see successful deep passes along with a dominate run game. That would mean that the offensive line is improving. Unless the plan is to redshirt him, I would like to see Jay Harris get some carries.

Defensively, we need to hold the Beavers to 10 points or less and shutdown their run game. Force multiple turnovers.

Reduce penalties and no turnovers.

• Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 9/12/2024 at 12:36 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Well, speaking of the offensive line....I will have a new analysis out about them on Friday. 

Although this time we are looking at the positive, the progress I am enjoying seeing.

Awesome news Charles. You're O and D line analysis is some of the best I've ever seen!

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

A run game getting good yards. 

It feels like that has been woefully lacking the last two games. James has good yards but we need to let him loose and run the ball. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Not looking like a bunch of disorganized NIL and portal...

• Thumbs Up 1

I want to see 40+ points. I don't care how they get it.

• Thumbs Up 4

I want to see the team we all thought they’d be back in mid August.  Strong, deep, talented, aggressive and dominating!

I want to see a fast start, ownership of the middle 8, capped off by a strong finish. 4 quarters of mistake free football.

Am I asking for too much?

• Applause 1

PittDuck asked, "Am I asking for too much?" You are asking for what we all want to see - great football by OBD.

Unfortunately, that is too much at this time, We may see that late in the UCLA game, but I don't believe we'll see it all game here. I expect we'll see pieces and parts of all you described rise up and re-submerge, and all at different times.

OBD are just not consistent enough yet. Beat the penalties first. Why? They are all mental-discipline based. Then, the O-Line has to play well together - not perfect, but well. This won't be mistake-free football, yet. If the coaches and team can correct and refine the O-and-D Lines, much of what we all want would emerge into place. Everything else, except the QB calling audibles could rise up and into place if the Lines come together. 

PittDuck, those goals you stated are terrific, and we may see them soon by OBD.

VR,

KCDuck1

• Great post! 1
  • Applause 1

I want to see this defense actually dominate the way they were advertised. I'm talking zero TD's and setting up a score or two with turnovers.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

I'd like to see at the very least play a complete, clean game on both sides of the ball. Progress each week. What would I love to see? Pure assertion of dominance. Go Ducks!

• Thumbs Up 1

I want to see proper communication, execution, cohesiveness, focus, and most important of all....FIRE🔥 behind it all.  Simple right??🙄

Need to start playing "championship" type football or it could end up being a very long, "cristobal-ish" type season.

Still successful but Not Elite.  Let's Go Ducks...Bury the Beavers!

😁

• Thumbs Up 2

I just hope that both team have fun....

lol jk.... I hope both lines absolutely manhandle the rodents and OBD puts behind all of the talks about how we are underperforming and we truly show the potential of this team. We wont correct everything in just one game, but this game will be the start of something special where we look back at the end of the year and say the Civil War was where we corrected the ship. 

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

For me, it begins and ends with OBD looking like OBD on offense, full stop.

• Applause 2

I want to see a win!

Pass protection.

Open running lanes.

Down field blocking.

... and some cold Hazy IPAs.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

A very tired Duck from doing push-ups.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

I want to see OSU run for 150 yards or less. I want Gabriel comfortable in the pocket and I want some runs make it untouched to the third level.

It seems like a low bar, but if we actually achieve those things we should dominate them.

I want to see a lot of Ducks cross the goal line with the ball firmly in their hands.

I want to two things from the offense. An uptempo pace that shows DG getting more comfortable with the playbook, and coaching adjustments that show that the available talent on the OL is sufficient to win big with. 

I want to see our defensive line control the running game. 

Coaching staff needs to show that they understand issues that are plaguing this team. Run with the players that play well together, perhaps not always the best players. 

What I am going to see is total Domination by the Ducks. Its the first time this year I have felt this way. I would like to see the Ducks handle OS exactly how we dealt with Colorado last year.

• Thumbs Up 1

A 40 point victory.

Very sad beaver fans, oh on the field, I agree with Charles, I want to see the passing game put the fear in other teams, and open up our running game.

I will go back and say if the beaver fans are upset, all will be good!

beavernation1jpg-57ebf0a7927d8064.jpg

• Applause 1

I need to see our o-line get their stuff together and play like they are capable of. 

I don't need to see anymore of those "That Team Out West" videos. We've had enough clicks, and now it's time to just play football. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/12/2024 at 11:09 PM, KCDuck1 said:

PittDuck asked, "Am I asking for too much?" You are asking for what we all want to see - great football by OBD.

Unfortunately, that is too much at this time, We may see that late in the UCLA game, but I don't believe we'll see it all game here. I expect we'll see pieces and parts of all you described rise up and re-submerge, and all at different times.

OBD are just not consistent enough yet. Beat the penalties first. Why? They are all mental-discipline based. Then, the O-Line has to play well together - not perfect, but well. This won't be mistake-free football, yet. If the coaches and team can correct and refine the O-and-D Lines, much of what we all want would emerge into place. Everything else, except the QB calling audibles could rise up and into place if the Lines come together. 

PittDuck, those goals you stated are terrific, and we may see them soon by OBD.

VR,

KCDuck1

Great comments. I agree wholeheartedly with your o-line comments. If we were a couple more games into the season, I could see our team putting up 40 plus points on the Beavis. But it's not, and o-line line needs more time to gel.

I think our defense will do rather well today.

We're going to win today, but it definitely will not be a thing of beauty.

For these reasons, this is why I have Oregon winning 31-20

I want to see the newly engaged Mr Gabriel look calm and composed in the pocket and more like the QB I thought we were getting when we signed him. Also, running lanes.

• Thumbs Up 1

WHAT WE SAW! A Beaver Bar-B-Que With a Side Of In Your Face 4th Q FG From The Man From Athens, Atticus.  I'm going to break out a Six-Pac. 

Canzano et al, WAKE UP!

image.thumb.gif.f12145f99450f3fc5eca548ef5136dc1.gif

• Mic drop 1
  • Thumbs Up 1