Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
latracey

Lincoln Riley to USC ??!!

Dependable rumor has it that Oklahoma coach Lincoln Riley is going to be the next coach at USC. Now THAT would be a hire that hits it out of the park. To all of those people who wanted USC to get back to being great, be careful what you wish for. If this is true, then the recruiting in LA just got A LOT tougher.

• Like 1

I think it’s great news! And it’s being reported as a done deal by the folks over at FootballScoop, who are very reliable. I think it’s awesome for the conference as a whole. 

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

It's gone from rumor to fact... just like that. And just yesterday at his post game interview, Riley made it clear that he was NOT going to be LSU's next coach. The implication was clearly that he was staying at Oklahoma. Not so fast...

Lest we forget, college football is a business, and every coach has his price.

Edited by latracey
  • Thumbs Up 1

• Like 1

On 11/28/2021 at 3:59 PM, latracey said:

It's gone from rumor to fact... just like that. And just yesterday at his post game interview, Riley made it clear that he was NOT going to be LSU's next coach. The implication was clearly that he was staying at Oklahoma. Not so fast...

Lest we forget, college football is a business, and every coach has his price.

Well he didn’t lie anyway lol 

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

A CFP for Oregon just got tougher.

• Thumbs Up 2

We're really going to have to ramp up our scoring now... to win and to actually be able to recruit west coast qb's and wr's.  Should bring more national interest to the Pac-12 though.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

On 11/28/2021 at 1:02 PM, GODUCKS15 said:

A CFP for Oregon just got tougher.

It definitely did, but a strong, nationally respected Pac 12 is a good thing for all of its teams. A CFP for Oregon, even if they had managed to beat Utah, wasn't a shoe in because of the impression by national pundits that the Pac 12 is a weak conference.

• Thumbs Up 1

USC has gotten serious it seems.  Game on!!

• Thumbs Up 1

Also, I’m sure some Ducks fans are going to say this makes it tougher to get into the playoff now, but I actually think it helps. I don’t fear Lincoln Riley going to USC, I embrace it. 

• Thumbs Up 3

On 11/28/2021 at 1:16 PM, Coach Eric Boles said:

I don’t fear Lincoln Riley going to USC, I embrace it. 

This is what the Conference needed, and it helps both divisions, it should be USC @ Oregon next season, and it won't be on, "Pac-12 After Dark"

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 2

Now we need a great his for the Fuskies.

I know people will hate me for saying it, but we need at least three power teams. If Herm and Chip won't develop them, brand name will suffice.

This now opens Oklahoma up. Their first season in the SEC, come in after Riley, what coach wants that?

On 11/28/2021 at 1:34 PM, 30Duck said:

This now opens Oklahoma up. Their first season in the SEC, come in after Riley, what coach wants that?

Oklahoma is going to regret joining the SEC

• Thumbs Up 1

I bet he flips some good recruits that were planning to sign elsewhere during the early signing period, pulls in a few transfers and wins the south next year.  Especially if Whittingham retires.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/28/2021 at 4:34 PM, 30Duck said:

Kentucky had better lock Mark Stoops down.

On 11/28/2021 at 1:50 PM, DrJacksPlaidPants said:

Mark Stoops down.

Gets it back in the Stoops family, would definitely ease the transition.

So I guess Riley saw hand writing on the wall with OU going to SEC.

Can you imagine the pressure  that will be on Sark after this year AND going to the SEC in the near(?) future?

Gut feeling that Mycah Pittman might have just been delaying his decision for a home-run hire like this.  Wouldn't be surprised to see him now surface as a Trojan commit...

• Thumbs Up 4

Sounds like Billy Napier is going to The Gators.

So we have Miami and LSU and the only potential landing spots for MC.

If he stays through this hiring cycle, he will be here long term.

🤞 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/28/2021 at 1:57 PM, Steven A said:

Can you imagine the pressure  that will be on Sark after this year

It was losing to Kansas historically bad for Sark this year, and Texas kept him. It's Bizarre times in Texas Football.

Kiffin II. Can't wait to kick his donkey.

• Haha 1

Whether the Riley hire makes you nervous or not,  it’s a great move and will be a big factor in west coast recruiting, but not the only factor.  Location and vision play a big part as well in the eyes of recruits.

The disadvantages of being in the LA basin as compared to more inviting and livable environs like Eugene, plus our new indoor training complex that will specifically target warming trends that affect air quality are equally important, especially to parents. 

We’ve got our advantages too, and MC knows that.

• Thumbs Up 4

This is definitely good news for Oregon. What's the point of dominating the Pac-12 every year when you're dominating PATZIES?! NONE.

Oregon has the recruits, next to come is elevating the coaching, and finally . . . the CREDS.

• Thumbs Up 1