Pennsylvania Duck

BOOM! Bo Nix is Back for 2023!

Huge news!  Now if we can convince Hudson Card to come, we should be in better shape than we were before. 

Suddenly Moore flipping doesn’t feel bad. 

• Thumbs Up 2

Oh no!  This is ruining the narrative!

What are these guys going to say?

Grumpy Old Men - Where to Watch and Stream - TV Guide

• Haha 7

Mr. FishDuck

Thank you for coming early this year Santa!!

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

BREAKING: QB Bo Nix announce return to Oregon for final season with Ducks

Quarterback Bo Nix officially announced that he will be returning to Eugene for one more season and looking for one last hoorah with the Ducks.

Might he think that with another healthy year in Eugene, this time with OC Will Stein, they could reach the heights that we believed were possible in 2022?

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Oregon fans jump for joy — QB Bo Nix is returning for another season with the Ducks.

Oregon QB Bo Nix announces return for 2023 season

Nix's decision to come back will help shape the future of Oregon's recruiting and transfer portal itinerary

as the Ducks now have a potential Heisman Award caliber quarterback returning to the program.

247SPORTS.COM

Oregon's star quarterback Bo Nix announced ___ that he will be returning for his final year of eligibility for the 2023 season that...

Yeah Baby...this is big.  Huge, and I will celebrate with an extra Oregon Craft Beer IPA tonight.  (Not that I needed any other reason)

giphy.gif

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Up 5

Mr. FishDuck

This is great news. Now we can focus recruiting and portal. Great day to be a Duck 

• Thumbs Up 3

Best news I have read today!

• Thumbs Up 1

Everyone gather around the campfire to sing The Ballad of Bo Nix.

Edited by jrw
  • Haha 3
  • Applause 1

Awesome news, can't wait to see how the rest of the Domino's fall!

I feel like a positive of NIL money is that guys like Bo can come back for his last year and not miss out on that much money.

Edited by Dave23
  • Thumbs Up 2

If Bo doesn't get hurt,  Oregon beats USC in the Pac championship. Williams doesn't win the Heisman and Ducks are playing UGA in CFP.

Nix will be a better player next year. Lanning will be a better coach and we should have a better D. Oregon will no longer be 85% underclassmen. 

We lose most of the O-line but have 3 or 4 behind them that should be very good. Next year could shape up to be a great year 

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

Awesome news!  Bo is like having a good experienced coach on the field calling signals and audibles if necessary.  2023 is definitely looking good now.

His dad is a coach. When he is done playing wouldn't it be great to have him as an Oregon Coach.  I think he could be a great OC or QB coach.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

On 12/18/2022 at 4:32 PM, Log Haulin said:

We lose most of the O-line

By the time we are done with portal recruiting--I believe we will be fine on the offensive line.  2023 suddenly looks to be very exciting!

• Go Ducks! 2
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

Championship! 

• Like 1

Made my offseason!!!  The biggest possible recruiting pickup for the coaching staff was convincing Bo to stay for one more year! Bo Nix is a 10-star in my book. 

I can’t wait to watch you again next year, Bo. Selfishly, one season was too few.  Let’s win a conference championship next season and make a run in the College Football Playoffs!!!

Go Ducks!! 

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Like 2

Social Media Buzz: Duck fans react to Bo Nix's announced return for 2023 season

With all of the current drama surrounding 5-star QB Dante Moore and his potential flip from the Ducks to the UCLA Bruins,

Oregon fans can now at the very least be comfortable knowing that, no matter what happens with Moore,

they Ducks will have a bonafide star at QB in 2023.

After the news came out on Sunday, fans took to Twitter to celebrate. Here are some of the best reactions.

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Bo Nix is returning for one more year with the Ducks. The news caused Oregon fans to explode with joy on Sunday afternoon.
  • Whew! 1

Awesome news!

This is truly exciting and solidifies a critical position of need for our Ducks. Not to mention the value of Bo's leadership.  Great positive news.

I believe DL and staff will fill in the O Line needs and the Duck offense will score 40 plus points a game.

Excited to see DL and the staff bring the players in on D with the skill set to implement and execute DL's scheme.

Go Ducks, it's going to be a great week.

• Like 1

Took me a while to find it but....I posted this in May

I was right, and he did, and he will

As long as our coaches don't keep our QB's on such a short leash and let them play. (Think Mario)

From what I have seen Nix looks to have the it factor and can make plays and make football fun again

• DUCKS4OUUO

• Mic drop 1
  • Like 1

Now the question is can Moore cool his ego enough to learn under Nix for a year?

• Let’s hope! 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

On 12/18/2022 at 8:07 PM, Fathertime said:

Now the question is can Moore cool his ego enough to learn under Nix for a year?

It doesn’t matter. Let him ride the pine in Westwood if he wants to. Ducks will be OK.

• Thumbs Up 2

To be fair, I don't think we really know the status of Moore's ego. I think it's possible he just wanted a trip to UCLA. Or, even if he was/is considering going there, he is only 18 and at that age a tendency to keep one's options open is not uncommon.

• Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 5

On 12/18/2022 at 4:06 PM, GeotechDuck said:

Huge news!  Now if we can convince Hudson Card to come, we should be in better shape than we were before. 

Suddenly Moore flipping doesn’t feel bad. 

I mentioned a couple days ago losing Donte Moore might be a blessing in disguise.  Turns out that was the case.  Maybe Moore knew somehow Bo was staying and figured the well had dried up for him.  Who knows?  Meanwhile, good, good news indeed.  Bo will be here to help the transition to next year's Oregon team under all new O.C  I'm very happy to hear this news.

On 12/18/2022 at 4:10 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Oh no!  This is ruining the narrative!

What are these guys going to say?

Grumpy Old Men - Where to Watch and Stream - TV Guide

That might be me on the left...

• Haha 2

Great news.  too bad Moore couldn't accept that few true freshman start .  Imagine what he could have learned under Bo, a guy who knows the ups and downs.  We will have a chance to play in the CFB playoffs most years.  UCLA....not so much.  

Bo is back!

we'll lead the PAC!

to the Nat!

That's a fact, jack!

Sco Ducks !

• Applause 1
  • Like 2

On 12/18/2022 at 5:33 PM, webfootfan said:

Great news.  too bad Moore couldn't accept that few true freshman start .  Imagine what he could have learned under Bo, a guy who knows the ups and downs.  We will have a chance to play in the CFB playoffs most years.  UCLA....not so much.  

We haven't lost him yet! Either way it's okay 

On 12/18/2022 at 5:33 PM, webfootfan said:

I don't think he's made his decision yet,  but UCLA leads the pack .  Maybe he wants to sit at the feet of Chip Kelly and who could blame him for that?  In any regard, he's off to the B1G if he chooses the Bruins over Oregon.  That too might have something to do with his choice. Meanwhile, O has Bo and I'll take that any da_n day!

Edited by Mic

On 12/18/2022 at 4:14 PM, Charles Fischer said:

with an extra Oregon Craft Beer IPA

Pray tell what number the "extra" will be?

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 12/18/2022 at 5:42 PM, Steven A said:

Pray tell what number the "extra" will be?

giphy.gif

Mr. FishDuck

Merry Nixmas to all!!

• Haha 1

I see a lot of comments about Moores character, ego, going after NIL, where he will play and on and on.

Am I missing something? Has Moore or anyone involved given direct statements showing any of this to be true? Maybe direct me to some links so I can catch up. Been working a ton lately.

• Thumbs Up 2

5 questions we're left with following Bo Nix's announced return in 2023

Nix declared that he’s coming back for the 2023 season and playing one more year with the Ducks.

The team should be set at the position next season with arguably one of the best players in the nation when healthy. While fans are undoubtedly

excited about the announcement, it now leaves them with a lot of questions going forward both in the immediate and extended future.

Let’s get into some of the biggest things that we still need to find out going forward:

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

With Bo Nix’s announced return for 2023, we’re left with a number of questions going forward. Who fills out the rest of the QB room...

On 12/18/2022 at 6:04 PM, Pennsylvania Duck said:

5 questions we're left with following Bo Nix's announced return in 2023

Nix declared that he’s coming back for the 2023 season and playing one more year with the Ducks.

The team should be set at the position next season with arguably one of the best players in the nation when healthy. While fans are undoubtedly

excited about the announcement, it now leaves them with a lot of questions going forward both in the immediate and extended future.

Let’s get into some of the biggest things that we still need to find out going forward:

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

With Bo Nix’s announced return for 2023, we’re left with a number of questions going forward. Who fills out the rest of the QB room...

So everything is speculation surrounding Dante Moore. Just a bunch of writers stirring it up. 

Moore will be a Duck. It is the best situation out there for him. Ducks get the ink.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

On 12/18/2022 at 4:37 PM, Charles Fischer said:

By the time we are done with portal recruiting--I believe we will be fine on the offensive line.  2023 suddenly looks to be very exciting!

Yeah, my first thoughts were about the O-line. His protection this year allowed him to perform at a very high level. Wednesday will tell.

Bo's return is truly great news on a variety of levels. Bo has proven himself to be an incredibly gifted athlete, but he is also a well grounded leader. His values, as demonstrated by his decision to stay for one more year, provide more evidence of that. One concern, however, is the injury factor. Should Bo be sidelined for a game or more, I would like to have Moore ready to go. I hope Dante considers that possibility, plus the benefits of being a Duck, before he bails on his commitment. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/19/2022 at 7:47 AM, TheRunningDuck said:

Wednesday will tell.

No, actually Wednesday will not, IMHO.  That day is for the signing of high schoolers, and only Proctor or the JC fellow below might be able to help right away.  The major help for the offensive line will hopefully come from a portal transfer between the players from Utep, Rhode Island, Texas and Stanford.  They are experienced and can step right in.

With the players we have--I am confident about the interior O-Line, and I assuming Josh Connerly playing at left tackle.  Between the JC guy below playing some, and just one portal offensive tackle--the OLine should be in good shape.  But we will not know about the portal prospects for a while.

N.RIVALS.COM

George Silva - 2023 3 Star Offensive tackle for Fullerton C.C. (Fullerton, CA) on Rivals.com

Late note to add: The Rhode Island O-Tackle is announcing on Wednesday, so you could be right about Wednesday if he goes our way!

Mr. FishDuck

Bo Nix's return keeps Ducks in contention for another special run

Bo Nix beat Dante Moore to the punch by about 16 hours.

Nix will be Oregon's starting quarterback in 2023, and Moore will be on UCLA's roster instead.

No one should minimize the recruiting trail loss. The five-star would've acted as the program's top-rated quarterback signee ever.

I think it's also important not to minimize the roster retention win. We have a tendency to become fixated on the potential of

something rather than appreciate the known. Nix is a known commodity.

247SPORTS.COM

Bo Nix's return keeps Ducks in contention for another special run

• Applause 1

Assuming all stay healthy...

Where Bo Nix fits into the 2023 Heisman Trophy picture

DUCKSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Now that we know Bo Nix is returning in 2023, where should he be viewed when it comes to the Heisman Trophy picture?

I haven’t read through this thread yet, but I gotta say this is great news!!!  I’m very much looking forward to watching Bo lead the Ducks offense next season.  He is an absolute baller that plays with heart.  This is wonderful news!

• Thumbs Up 2

I'm ecstatic that Bo's returning - this is big for the Ducks. But I'm kinda puzzled by it.  Didn't Bo think the Pro teams were interested in him enough to declare himself for the Draft?  What's he got to gain by risking another season?  But I'm happy he's staying on ...

Bill Oram: Bo Nix’s return is exactly the good news Oregon Ducks football needed

Maybe Moore would have stuck with the Ducks if Nix went to the NFL. Maybe not. But I’m confident the Ducks feel better

about putting their offense in the hands of their incumbent Heisman candidate than in those of an 18-year-old college freshman.

Landing Nix in the first place remains the most promising aspect to Lanning’s tenure so far.

The Ducks had a hole at quarterback. Lanning and Kenny Dillingham persuaded a guy whose Auburn roots

are deeper than the oak trees at Toomer’s Corner to pack up and move to the banks of the Willamette River.

This article is a good, relaxing read...

WWW.OREGONLIVE.COM

The senior was on track to be a Heisman Trophy finalist before getting injured against Washington in November.
  • Like 1

Im all on the Bo Train!!!

Ok, so now go get the two for. Sign DJ Uiagalelei and Matayo.