CO Duck

Jurrion Dickey Flipping?

Give me a break. 

in or out, it will not destroy my joy for all of today's signings.

Good lord. This is what happens when the nation decides to give 17-18 year old kids the media spotlight. He already said about a month ago that he wasn't sure he was going to sign during the early signing period.

If he announces a "signing date" that is as good as him saying he is going to be considering other schools. That's the only reason to push it out; and if that's the case, byeeeeeee! We are stacked at WR already and Ashton Cozart will be a dude.

The only question that remains is whether or not he actually wants to play for a team that will compete for conference championships every year (and by extension playoff spots) or a bad team in ASU that might only taste success in his final year of eligibility. 

Isn't this what some receivers do?  "Look at me!" So he will string this out to create drama...because that is what some receivers do.  Would he be a head-case problem at Oregon?

Mr. FishDuck

On 12/21/2022 at 3:58 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Isn't this what some receivers do?  "Look at me!" So he will string this out to create drama...because that is what some receivers do.  Would he be a head-case problem at Oregon?

I blame Ocho-Cinco 

On 12/21/2022 at 4:04 PM, Log Haulin said:

I blame Ocho-Cinco 

Primetime?

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 12/21/2022 at 3:56 PM, Babyjesus615 said:

Good lord. This is what happens when the nation decides to give 17-18 year old kids the media spotlight.

We need to remember these are 17-18 year old KIDS and this is a huge life decision for them. Each and every one of them should be looking at the entire picture and be sure their decision is the right decision. 

And I just hope the majority of the time the right decision leads them to Eugene. 

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Dicky has in th past said he didn't intend on signing during the early signing period. 

So I was hoping it was just him wanting to actually sign but who knows what is going on. 

Hopefully it is good news at 6pm. I don't understand why people downplay things when we lose recruits. One mustn't spin things to make things better. Dickey leaving would be a massive loss. No sense saying otherwise. Let's hope it's good news! Hope didn't work for Dante Moore, though. And, Peyton Bowen never actually signed his LOI, and is talking with ND, apparently. That's more bad news!

The receiver position draws the most brats and it’s not even close. QBs are next.

Edited by Just Ducky

Can’t get too wrapped up with this. Win some, lose less. That is what Oregon has done today.  Maybe a big loss, but Oregon still is much better due to today’s recruiting. 

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 12/21/2022 at 4:15 PM, lownslowav8r said:

lose less

I don't know. Our class is great, but that's contingent on Dickey and Bowen. And it's possible we could lose both in the next few hours. That would mean losing 2/3 of our five stars. That's a huge downgrade. 

On 12/21/2022 at 4:32 PM, 2002duck said:

I don't know. Our class is great, but that's contingent on Dickey and Bowen.

Agree but it is out of our hands. Make it up in the portal if we have to. 

This was his announcement at 6:00.

image.jpeg.9bb0aff6316834d841da0ccf29495e5f.jpeg

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 12/21/2022 at 4:39 PM, DrJacksPlaidPants said:

This was his announcement at 6:00.

image.jpeg.9bb0aff6316834d841da0ccf29495e5f.jpeg

So did he or did he not deliver NLI?

If we start worrying about each player we don't get, we're all going to get ulcers. We need to accept this is the new recruiting in college football, like it or not. Stressing over a lost player who hasn't played any college ball yet just doesn't seem worth my time. Lanning and his team have done a great job, arguably the best recruiting class ever at O. I don't think any of us expected the awesome outcome we have seen today. Enjoy what we have!

• Mic drop 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

On 12/21/2022 at 7:41 PM, Log Haulin said:

It was his way of saying he’s still committed.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/21/2022 at 4:41 PM, Log Haulin said:

Not yet.

ADMIN.GODUCKS.COM

Wednesday, December 21: Signing Day for University of Oregon Ducks Football

I'm sorry but it's also not 6 yet. I may be in AZ and it's close to 6 here... But my math ain't so good eether

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/21/2022 at 4:43 PM, DrJacksPlaidPants said:

It was his way of saying he’s still committed.

So, that's a Duck uniform he's sporting? I can't really tell except that O did wear pink numerals and feathers on the helmet for breast cancer awareness this year.  

On 12/21/2022 at 6:58 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Excellent point. When guys create this kind of drama they usually end up transferring like 3 times. Remember Bru McCoy? He turned out as a decent WR, but he flamed out at two other schools.

Is there a Rosetta Stone for social media?  Those of us older than dirt sometimes have a difficult time deciphering what is obvious to a teenager.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 12/21/2022 at 7:46 PM, Mic said:

So, that's a Duck uniform he's sporting? I can't really tell except that O did wear pink numerals and feathers on the helmet for breast cancer awareness this year.  

Yes, but the mallard in his arms is also kind of telling.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/21/2022 at 4:49 PM, DrJacksPlaidPants said:

Yes, but the mallard in his arms is also kind of telling.

HOW did I not see that?!

Mallards mate for life don't they? So that means he can't break up with us. 🤔

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/21/2022 at 4:44 PM, jrw said:

Not yet.

ADMIN.GODUCKS.COM

Wednesday, December 21: Signing Day for University of Oregon Ducks Football

There are some serious Dudes on that list. Next year DL stacks Dudes on Dudes. By year three this team is going to be insane.

On 12/21/2022 at 4:51 PM, DuckDiggler said:

Mallards mate for life don't they? So that means he can't break up with us. 🤔

Well, the drakes and hens do.  Not sure about other combos.

On 12/21/2022 at 4:12 PM, 2002duck said:

I don't understand why people downplay things when we lose recruits.

Regardless of what Jurrion decides (I hope he’s a Duck), the coaches knocked it out of the park with this class because it has addressed positions of needs. 

We lost Moore but signed Austin Novosad, who could end up the better college QB. 

We got transfers from two proven offensive line studs (Ajani Cornelius and Junior Angilau).

We signed a number of tall, athletic defensive lineman, headlined by 5-star Matayo Uiagalei and still have a shot at  another 5-star David Hicks.

We’ve brought in a bunch of secondary talent, including Daylen Austin and brought in another transfer CB from Alabama, who was the #1 JC player last year. I hope that Peyton Bowen sends his LOI to Oregon, if that’s where his heart is but, in not, Oregon will be fine and perhaps looks for a transfer safety. 

Oregon will be fine at wide receiver. We have Hudson and Franklin returning and signed a transfer from Alabama. 

No, today was a GREAT day to be a Duck. Our coaches gave recruited positions of needs.  We have player signing with Oregon who want to be in Eugene.  And we are not done, yet!!!!

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

I'm hearing Oregon is sitting around #6 in rank of signing.  Yeah, I'd say it's been one heck of a day, week and month so far.  But my best thoughts go out to Bo Nix for deciding to stay on one more year.  Regardless of what that might (or might not) have meant with Dante Moore.  Oregon has a QB that everyone knows is one of the very best in the Nation already, not just a potential or prospective one in the works.

And he is now signed

• Applause 2

On 12/21/2022 at 7:12 PM, 2002duck said:

I don't understand why people downplay things when we lose recruits. One mustn't spin things to make things better!

There are many reasons why. Below are a list of the most famous Duck de-commits since 2017. Guess how many all-pro’s are on this list.

Andre Dollar

Isaiah Santegna 

Kyron Ware Hudson

Johnny Wilson

Anthony Beavers

Teagan Quitoriano 

Colton Yankoff

Devin Culp

Miles Battle

Treshaun Harrison

Braden Lenzy 

Warren Thompson

Elijah Winston

Michael Ezeike 

Isaiah Bolden

Malcolm Lamar

Mohamed Dialo
Jonathan King

Ryan Kelly

Edited by DrJacksPlaidPants
  • Mic drop 1

He’s a Duck. Wonder if his “little” brother joining him at Oregon was the holdup. 

I am locking all the Dickey threads as we are repeating the same stuff.  See the "High Drama" thread.

• Go Ducks! 1

Mr. FishDuck