Krsmqn

Prime Experiment Working?

Looks like Coach Prime has his Offense dialed in. TCU looks caught off guard, and frantic. Understandable, considering that nobody knows exactly what to expect from Colorado. 

At this point, we've yet to see what the Buffs Defense looks like, but if the Offense continues to play as efficient as it is, then we may have pretty good opponent in Colorado. 

🤔

Colorado offense looks like they can move the ball as they were playing fast. Their first series, they scored. The defense doesn't look as organized to me but they got the end zone interception to keep TCU from scoring. Next series, Colorado had their field goal blocked. About a minute left in first, Colorado leads 7-0.

Yep. TCU has evened it up at 7 all. Save for that one interception, TCU seems to be able to move the ball at will against the CU Defense. Not looking good for the Buffs on that side of the ball. 

We shall see...

Lol.... Half the commercials feature Coach Prime, it seems. Also, is CU's Offense looking a bit familiar to anyone? 

First game out. TCU doesn't look like last years team, nor does CO. Be fun to watch this one play out. TCU might be a little star struck with prime on the sideline. Should sette in

I can't tell if CU offense is good or because TCU is not as good as I thought they would be. 17-14 CU leads at half.

Colorado might actually be good.

CU brought in a ton of talent. I think they’ll be a lot better once they play together more. 

CU beating last year's #2 team.  I love it!!  They are for real!  Coach Sanders is a very very good coach.

CU looks very real to me.  Going to surprise lots of doubters.  

Even if they don't win, they've already proved to themselves they can hang with a top 25 team.

That confidence and playing together more is going to make them a tough out.

I'm completely in shock.

TCU is not looking good. Giving Colorado their due, but TCU is NOT playing like they should.

• Thumbs Up 1

I tuned into this game to watch a TCU beat down of Colorado (as I've said before, I'm not a Deion Sanders fan). But wow, what a game.  I'm not even mad.

So what's the over/under for how many times coach Prime is shown on the sideline per game?

20? 35? 🤣🤣🤣

• Haha 1

TCU has got to find an answer on Defense. Colorado need only outscore for the win - which I see happening. TCU reminds me of Oregon in 2015 after our loss in the NCG.

I feel for TCU, but they have some work to do if they want to achieve/exceed last years performance. 

Colorado however, may be rolling on Offense, and have had some great plays on Defense, need to play better on that side of the ball, especially this year in the PAC. 

Gonna be interesting to see how the CU players respond next week - win or lose.

Anyways, switching over to the Ducks game now. 

CU is showing some improvement on offense but that's about it. Their defense and special teams are still terrible.

Plus it's obvious TCU is a shell of it's former self, this is not the team from last year. They lost too many players and it shows.

Congratulations to Colorado for a great game winning that Offensive shootout. TCU - good luck this year. 

Sanders has the Buffs on quite a turnaround.  TCU is a very high quality opponent and Colorado won this on the road.  Colorado is suddenly a very dangerous team.

• Thumbs Up 2

Colorado passed the eye test for a first game of the season. Yeah TCU's D is trash like last year, but Colorado executed at a high level.

Colorado will suck the oxygen out of the room in the PAC12 for the preason.The hype for our game with them will be intense.

• Thumbs Up 1

Sheduer is the front runner for the Heisman right now. He threw for over 500 yards against the #17 team in the nation.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/2/2023 at 1:46 PM, DrJacksPlaidPants said:

Sheduer is the front runner for the Heisman right now. He threw for over 500 yards against the #17 team in the nation.

Let's see what happens after a few games. TCU has early season 2022 BYU vibes right now.

• Thumbs Up 1

Nebraska and Matt Rhule got to be a bit worried about 0-2.

Colorado home crowd gonna be amped next week.

Cue the Colorado national championship talk from ESPN.

• Haha 2

On 9/2/2023 at 2:52 PM, DrJacksPlaidPants said:

Cue the Colorado national championship talk from ESPN.

It already started...before the final whistle.

Lots of great storylines in this final Pac-12 season. 

Hope Buffs get ranked this week and keep it up to Duck game. 6 ranked teams in conference would be epic. Well done Deon. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Prime is like a latter day Joe Namath: the ultimate upstart that everyone wants seen put in his place. Music to his ears. He appears to have the goods, both on the field and sideline, and knows just how to promote them. Like Namath did, he feeds on attention and doubters. I was one. Not anymore. Why make it easier for him by by being the Baltimore Colts?

• Thumbs Up 1

TCUs secondary couldn’t stop my grandson. Bo should tear this group up. Stien will be licking his chops looking at the game film.

Our secondary looked pretty good for the most part and if we can develop a pass rush by next week we should win going away.

On 9/2/2023 at 4:40 PM, Just Ducky said:

TCUs secondary couldn’t stop my grandson. Bo should tear this group up. Stien will be licking his chops looking at the game film.

Our secondary looked pretty good for the most part and if we can develop a pass rush by next week we should win going away.

Problem is....we are not playing TCU.  We are playing Texas Tech...

• Yikes! 1
  • Mic drop 1

Mr. FishDuck

Can you imagine if Sanders actually makes Colorado a force? Think he's aggravating now? It'll set off a wave of copycat hires at places like Miami, Texas, USC. If that happens I don't think I could watch another presser. For the love of humility, please keep that potential lunacy under wraps PAC teams.

If Florida continues to struggle and Colorado shines, I can see Stricklin going for a hire like Prime Time. Just no, please no. 

Bring em on!!!

Edited by 1Ducker1

If Oregon and Colorado are undefeated and ranked going into week 4 then we might have a shot at beating out Clemson/FSU for College Gameday. I’ll be pulling for LSU tonight, but I’m not sure FSU drops very far if they lose. 

I know ESPN will want to jump on the popularity of the “Coach Prime” storyline, so that may work in our favor. However, USC will be in Boulder the following week, so they may wait. Their only competition for Gameday in week 5 is LSU at Ole Miss.

Edited by DrJacksPlaidPants

On 9/2/2023 at 10:28 PM, GatOrlando said:

If Florida continues to struggle and Colorado shines, I can see Stricklin going for a hire like Prime Time. Just no, please no. 

Prime is a State of Florida guy... Wouldn't be surprised if Florida goes after Prime in a year or so. 

As Oregon fans we are familiar with Taggart. 

I think Prime might be a better coach than Taggart but we'll have to wait and see as we don't have the same sample size yet. 

On 9/3/2023 at 7:58 AM, David Marsh said:

I think Prime might be a better coach than Taggart but we'll have to wait and see as we don't have the same sample size yet. 

I don't know how much of the actual coaching Deion's doing.  What he has done is attract some very good talent to the foundering program, including coaches, assistants, etc. as well as the players.  

As to his longevity at Colorado: who knows?  Either he will stay put, deciding this is his program, or a bigger opportunity will almost certainly come his way tempting him to try this same experiment at a bigger, more prestigious school.  It's early on in this experiment yet, but obviously Dieon has found a lot of very good coaches to make this team suddenly viable again.  I think he's just the Neon Light flashing NFL signs in from of all the participants, coaches and players. A light, btw, brighter to many than the big "Bodacious" signs lighting up the urban landscape.

Primes QB son looked impressive. Seems to have a good feel for the game. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/2/2023 at 7:30 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Problem is....we are not playing TCU.  We are playing Texas Tech...

Ooooops

Coors Beer is brewed in Golden, Colorado and Golden is CU's ROI on the Prime Time investment to date. 

A team predicted, for the most part, to win 2 or 3 games in 2023 went into Fort Worth as a 3 TD dog and walked out with a victory over the #17 ranked team in the country in The Game of the Week. 

If the AP Poll truly is based on current results and not preconceived notions, CU should be ranked in the top 25 this week. 

2 Heisman-worthy performances from CU. Shedeur Sanders sets the CU passing record with 510 yards. Over a hundred yards of which were caught by Travis Hunter, a guy who went both ways and was on the field for 129 PLAYS(!) including a key interception and numerous pass breakups. 

With Oregon State yet to play (12:30 Pacific at San Jose State - CBS,) the Pac-12 with SC 2-0 is 12-0 OOC to date! The only close win was ASU's 3-point win over Southern Utah played in a fog bank.

There will be No Easy Day playing in this conference in 2023,  including on 9/23 when Ralphies calls on Puddles. Both CU, vs. Nebraska and CO. State and Oregon, at Texas Tech (TT lost in OT in Laramie) and vs. Hawaii, TCB this game could be prime time with Prime Time. 

Haters gonna hate. Right, Lee Corso? But Deion has been a winner his entire life and he had a group of newbies ready to play ball in Texas.

On 9/3/2023 at 12:01 PM, Just Ducky said:

Ooooops

The Red Raiders lost in OT at Wyoming last night. TT O started off with a quick 2 TDs and then stalled for the rest of the game. Gutty win by 2 TD dog Wyoming.

With its season on the national, not conference, brink. TT will be even more fired up come Saturday and coming off a tough game and the not a PSU walk-over.  

Also not a Prime fan but have to admire the job he and his son did against TCU. Wouldn't mind Colorado being ranked when they come to Autzen now that TexTech is out of the top 25 and a Duck win next Saturday won't hold as much weight.

My guess is that Prime stays at Colorado to coach his sons, then it's adios to SEC land. 

On 9/3/2023 at 9:06 AM, Jon Joseph said:

he had a group of newbies ready to play ball in Texas.

New playing together... But as most of the roster is from the portal not sure if they are really new to the college game. Some are new to D1 for sure but not all. 

• Thumbs Up 1

IMO Primes son was the show this weekend. I don't care who you're playing you still gotta make the throws. The kid can throw all the balls.

• Thumbs Up 1

So, Oregon will lose a top-25 team off their schedule before playing them, (Texas Tech) but pick up one that will replace it in Colorado.

• Let’s hope! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 9/3/2023 at 12:11 PM, David Marsh said:

New playing together... But as most of the roster is from the portal not sure if they are really new to the college game. Some are new to D1 for sure but not all. 

There has never been a makeover in CFB like this. 1 CU player who started on D in 2022 started yesterday against TCU. Only 10 Buffs players on the roster in 2022 are on the 2023 roster.

And I see comments above, which I respect, that credit Deion's assistant coaches for having the team ready to play in game one but not Deion. Yes. assistants do not get enough credit but it's the HC who has to face the slings and arrows and Deion in spite of a whole lot of criticism, never apologized for or backed off his methodology to make the Buffs relevant again in CFB.

You can bet that DL's, 'What have they ever won?' CU observation will be up on the bulletin board in Boulder. 

Frankly, I can't think of another coach including Smart, Dabo, and Saint Nick, who could have had the 2023 CU team ready to defeat the #17 ranked team out of the gate and on the road.

On 9/3/2023 at 12:21 PM, GODUCKS15 said:

IMO Primes son was the show this weekend. I don't care who you're playing you still gotta make the throws. The kid can throw all the balls.

Amen. But how about Travis Hunter? Played both ways, 129 plays total in 100-plus-degree on-the-field heat, with over 100 receiving yards and a key interception.

4 Buffs receivers went over 100 yards receiving yesterday. In 2022, 2 CU receivers over the entirety of the season went for 100 receiving yards or more. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/3/2023 at 9:26 AM, Jon Joseph said:

There has never been a makeover in CFB like this. 1 CU player who started on D in 2022 started yesterday against TCU. Only 10 Buffs players on the roster in 2022 are on the 2023 roster.

And I see comments above, which I respect, that credit Deion's assistant coaches for having the team ready to play in game one but not Deion. Yes. assistants do not get enough credit but it's the HC who has to face the slings and arrows and Deion in spite of a whole lot of criticism, never apologized for or backed off his methodology to make the Buffs relevant again in CFB.

You can bet that DL's, 'What have they ever won?' CU observation will be up on the bulletin board in Boulder. 

Frankly, I can't think of another coach including Smart, Dabo, and Saint Nick, who could have had the 2023 CU team ready to defeat the #17 ranked team out of the gate and on the road.

Bingo. People may not want it to be true, and Colorado may still lose a bunch of games, but you can’t act like Deion had nothing to do with this but hype and that it is all his assistants. A huge part of being head coach is establishing a culture and belief. A+ grade for that for Deion, and he was right and most of the media and fans were wrong.

It’s a long season, and I don’t doubt he will also have a turn to eat some crow, but he never doubted himself for a moment on the football field as a pro and that is a huge part of what made him so good. He is instilling a portion of that to his team, and that can make any team scary. So much of football is mental, and he gives any team he coaches an edge. 

I think we still have a good chance of beating them, but I was surprised and grimaced a bit the second I heard Lanning give them bulletin board material. Deion (and MJ and Mahomes, etc.) don’t need a reason to manufacture fuel from others doubting them or hating on them, so why give them extra fuel?

hopefully we won’t underestimate them when it is our turn and DL will have them ready and our overall talent edge will win out. 

I saw this mentality from the huskies bench last year when they visited us, and were supremely confident. There was no doubt in their mind they were going to score enough to win. 

• Applause 1

TCU's defense last 3 games:

528 - Michigan - 45 points
589 - Georgia - 65 points
565 - Colorado - 45 points

Not exactly comparing apples to apples in those 3 games, but does give me slight hesitation in joining the Colorado hype train.

• Thumbs Up 2

Gun to my head….. I don’t think Neon coaches after his kid is drafted.  He has enough money and doesn’t strike me as a grinder necessarily 

On 9/3/2023 at 1:33 PM, HDuck said:

TCU's defense last 3 games:

528 - Michigan - 45 points
589 - Georgia - 65 points
565 - Colorado - 45 points

Not exactly comparing apples to apples in those 3 games, but does give me slight hesitation in joining the Colorado hype train.

Great take.

But Michigan was a playoff win with TCU as the underdog. 

I'm not sure Oregon fans should talk about the 2022 Georgia team. (Sigh.)

And it's way early but who knows how good this CU O will be over the course of the season. The QB, WRs, and RBs are the real deal and the OL played better than I thought it could or would yesterday. The way CU played yesterday on offense would have been tough for any D to stop. 

TCU won a lot of one-score games in 2022 in games that were not shootouts and the D had a lot to do with this. 

My bad, CU had 3 receivers in 2022 who went over 100 yards receiving during the course of the season.

CU true frosh RB Dylan Edwards scored 3 TDs receiving and 4 total. He scored the game-winning TD on a 46-yard 4th quarter reception and run.

Edwards is 5'9" and 170 pounds. The speedster was originally committed to Notre Dame before flipping to CU after Prime was hired.

• Applause 1