Bruce3404

Fun Watching the SC Fans Go Crazy

Seems like their entire fan base wants Riley fired as they get trounced by UCLA and heir 3rd string QB.  Chip may have saved his job.

Edited by Bruce3404
  • Haha 3
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Chip still has a chance to win 9 games this year.

Trojan fan meltdowns are music to my ears!

Edited by OregonDucks
  • Thumbs Up 2

Charles is going to have a blast digging up Tasty Treats of Trojan Torment to share with the FishDuck community. 

• Let’s hope! 1
  • Haha 1
  • Mic drop 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

USC has had a massive end of season meltdown. 

Washington and Oregon broke them and UCLA shattered any illusion they should be deserving of a conference championship. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/18/2023 at 5:09 PM, Log Haulin said:

Charles is going to have a blast digging up Tasty Treats of Trojan Torment to share with the FishDuck community. 

Oh no, I've turned a new leaf.  I will not enjoy the grief of USC fans anymore....

giphy.gif

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Wow 1
  • Haha 6

Mr. FishDuck

“This is a really poorly coached team. The penalties, the really bad special teams play, the questionable play calling, line play, defense out of position every play, ect...“

“1-5 in last 6 games…and our one win was by 1 pt to Cal. This is Helton bad. Maybe even worse.”

Sooner Fan: “I really am sorry you guys got stuck with Riley. You truly have my condolences. He will set your program back even further than Helton.”

Next year is going to be ugly. We play big 10 plus LSU and ND. I am already calling for a 4-8 season.”

”I hope Riley goes to A&M”

• Thumbs Up 1

I love this too.

But....having UCLA and UA beat USC and UU takes a toll on OBD's SOS.

• Oh no! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Hard to believe that a defense can be that bad. The team looks like they quit on their coach. 

One thing for certain is that it will take a lot of NIL $$$ to sign any highly touted defensive recruit at USC. Their boosters have already whiffed on buying a highly touted coach.

Are they willing to reach deeper into their pockets and try to buy a team for their overpaid coach?

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/18/2023 at 6:01 PM, bbmichaels said:

I love this too.

I don't think this narrative is right. A lot of people do, I get it. I think the CFP is aching to get Ducks in the CFP.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ducks jump FSU,  even if they are 12-0 plus acc title. The committee responsibility is the 4 best. They have already used "eye test" with Michigan and tOSU. I get they are undefeated. 

As Josh Pates MeMaw says, "you ain't what your record says you are". And this is true with FSU, especially with the injuries today. Starting QB and C went down. 

Ducks look like the Best team in the country. Green and yellow blinders or not. And the stats support it.

12-1 conf winner Ducks get the nod over 13-0 Noles. 

1. UGA

2. tOSU 

3. UofO

4a. FSU

4b. Bama

4c. Texas

• Like 1

On 11/18/2023 at 7:10 PM, Log Haulin said:

I love this too.

I don't think this narrative is right.

We can hate the narrative all we want. But the OBD SOS goes down as a result of the games today, just based on the math.

On 11/18/2023 at 7:23 PM, bbmichaels said:

We can hate the narrative all we want. But the OBD SOS goes down as a result of the games today, just based on the math

We can’t control our opponents.

But we are thrashing the analytics even against inferior opponents.

And is ASU actually inferior to Northern Tennessee?

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 11/18/2023 at 7:23 PM, bbmichaels said:

We can hate the narrative all we want. But the OBD SOS goes down as a result of the games today, just based on the math.

Who's we? I don't hate the narrative at all. I just think it is wrong. We will find out in a couple weeks. 

On 11/18/2023 at 7:10 PM, Log Haulin said:

I don't think this narrative is right. A lot of people do, I get it. I think the CFP is aching to get Ducks in the CFP.

I wouldn't be surprised if Ducks jump FSU,  even if they are 12-0 plus acc title. The committee responsibility is the 4 best. They have already used "eye test" with Michigan and tOSU. I get they are undefeated. 

Oh I so hope you are correct.

I'm just worried a Bama UGA game like the Tua stunner plus Michigan Ohio State playing a thriller just monkey wrenches the whole deal.  Any repeat of the battle in Seattle from those four, without a couple of flat out dominating wins by OBD gives the committee justification to foster rematches not including OBD and UW. 

Fingers crossed!!!!!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/18/2023 at 8:33 PM, Mike West said:

Oh I so hope you are correct.

I'm just worried a Bama UGA game like the Tua stunner plus Michigan Ohio State playing a thriller just monkey wrenches the whole deal.  Any repeat of the battle in Seattle from those four, without a couple of flat out dominating wins by OBD gives the committee justification to foster rematches not including OBD and UW. 

Fingers crossed!!!!!

I could see the committee putting Bama at 4 over FSU. I doubt they put 2 B1G teams in. If Ducks win the next two contests decisively, Ducks are in imo. 

• Thumbs Up 3

On 11/18/2023 at 7:15 PM, OregonDucks said:

Chip still has a chance to win 9 games this year.

Trojan fan meltdowns are music to my ears!

With 3 cupcakes to start the season and no OREGON and UW. And a home loss to ASU.

This is close to the worst Chip could do.

• Yikes! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Tuesday, Week 4 CT. rankings.

1. UGA

2. Ohio State

3. Michigan

4. Washington

5. FSU

6. Oregon

7. Texas

8. Bama

9. Louisville

And BTW, Bama's next opponent, Auburn, was throttled today by New Mexico State. Jerry Kill is one heck of a football coach.

As long as the CFP committee keeps the Ducks at #6 or better then the Ducks have a good chance for an invite.

Even though the Ducks SOS will drop slightly after this weekend, their eye test impressions will continue to rise as long as they beat Beavus decisively. It must be a all 3-phase dominant win.

The loser of tOSU vs Michigan game must fall below OBD's in the rankings. If they don't then the path for the Ducks gets bumpier!

(Why the committee values the buckeyes and wolverines so hi baffles me. The wolverines have only played 2 teams with a winning record......wth)

1 loss blue bloods without a conference title have jumped 1 loss champs in the PAC, little Big 12 and the ACC before. 

If Bama beats Georgia in a close exciting game rhen the door is wide open for 2 SEC teams.

All the Ducks control is beating Beavs and huskies and beating them big.....DL has yet to beat them in 2 seasons.

Those deamons must be excorcised in the next 2 weekends.....

Go Duck! Beating Beavus is all that matters.....

• Applause 1

THEATHLETIC.COM

What the program and Lincoln Riley didn’t accomplish while Williams was at quarterback will likely be what his time is most remembered for.

• Like 2

On 11/18/2023 at 7:01 PM, bbmichaels said:

I love this too.

Given that we're playing two strong ranked teams to finish the PAC-12 season, and the amount of serious pleasure I'm enjoying from USCs high-speed-come-apart, I can live with the SOS concern. 

Edited by Desert Duck

On 11/18/2023 at 11:09 PM, Jon Joseph said:

With 3 cupcakes to start the season and no OREGON and UW. And a home loss to ASU.

This is close to the worst Chip could do.

I had to look at their schedule after reading your comment, and you are spot on. I had no idea regarding the exceptional cupcake schedule they had this year.

Oh Chip... after leaving Oregon, what has become of you 😉

Edited by Desert Duck
  • Applause 1

A bunch of "negative nellies" (just joking), this is what is going to happen; Ducks win out and beat huskies by 2 in the championship game, Louisville beats FSU in their title game, Georgia beats Alabama in their championship game. Ohio State throttles Michigan so the final CFP standings are

1-Georgia

2-Ohio State

3-Oregon

4-Washington

Washington then beats Georgia and Oregon beats OSU, Oregon beats Washington by 30 in the Championship game  

I think I am going to mortgage my house and bet this scenario, what do you think?

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Cool 1
  • Mic drop 3
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

I think I am going to mortgage my house and bet this scenario, what do you think?

Send me a picture of your house...

• Haha 2
  • Like 1

On 11/19/2023 at 9:55 AM, Duckman60 said:

Shopping carts in your future and you won't need to replace the meds you are on.

• Haha 1

I love this too.

That and AZ's defeat of Utah.  

That loss by the Utes took a lot of luster off Oregon's win in Salt Lake City - at least as far as the SOS and "signature" wins goes.  Oregon has (realistically) these last two games to make up for that and then - only after they take care of the Beavers.  Need to beat the Beavers by more than just two points.  It would be a shame for the best team in the country to get left out of the Playoffs!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/19/2023 at 1:44 PM, Mic said:

That and AZ's defeat of Utah.  

That loss by the Utes took a lot of luster off Oregon's win in Salt Lake City - at least as far as the SOS and "signature" wins goes.  Oregon has (realistically) these last two games to make up for that and then - only after they take care of the Beavers.  Need to beat the Beavers by more than just two points.  It would be a shame for the best team in the country to get left out of the Playoffs!

No top-25 wins and Texas with a win at Bama. 

Texas doesn't jump the Ducks it's all Eye Test. Especially with UT also having a win over ranked K State. At least in all likelihood, K State knocked Kansas out of the top 25 yesterday.

Saturday's beneficial wins for Oregon, Texas Tech eking out a home win over UCF and becoming bowl eligible, OK ST winning at Houston and staying a game ahead of OK for the B12 title game, the Ducks do not want a Red River Rivalry rematch in the B12 champ game, and UW coming through in the rain in Corvallis.

DB Muhammad played a terrific game last night and picked up the poor UW passing attack that suffered from the drops of rain and the football.

UGA is an early -4 vs. Bama in the SEC champ game. Current Pac-12 championship odds are Oregon -190 and UW +180. 

Per Riley:

Riley reiterated his disappointment in the way the season transpired but also said the team was "worn down emotionally" from its past nine games -- all of which were won or lost by fewer than 20 points.

"The reality is, you play better and you coach better, then you're not in that many [close games]," Riley said. "It sucks right now. It hurts right now, but I've never been more motivated and had more of a fire in my belly than I do right now."

I guess 80+ mil was a fire hose to his belly.

On 11/19/2023 at 11:48 AM, Steven A said:

Per Riley:

Riley reiterated his disappointment in the way the season transpired but also said the team was "worn down emotionally" from its past nine games -- all of which were won or lost by fewer than 20 points.

"The reality is, you play better and you coach better, then you're not in that many [close games]," Riley said. "It sucks right now. It hurts right now, but I've never been more motivated and had more of a fire in my belly than I do right now."

Every team is worn down from their past 9 games. 

But it all depends on the culture in how the team responds. USC and Colorado broke after a series of losses and their on field results show it. 

Oregon took a loss and responded by crushing opponents.

Last week was an emotional win and ASU is better than their record and one of the weirdest offenses we have played all year if not the weirdest offense in the country. But Oregon didn't fall asleep on them but throttled ASU. 

That's a difference in culture which is the long term part of coaching. 

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 2

On 11/18/2023 at 5:09 PM, Log Haulin said:

He's scouring the internet as we speak!

Looking forward to it Charles.

• Thumbs Up 1

USC is a horrendous 1-5 since mid-October. And their only win was 50-49 over a rather lousy Cal team.

I did a quick cursory review, and over the past 100 years, that's only happened to USC 5 times. 

But oddly, it's happened 3 times in just the past 5 years. 

How sweet it is. 

Edited by Desert Duck

On 11/19/2023 at 11:48 AM, Steven A said:

Per Riley:

Two small things jump out to me: 

1) Riley's almost making an excuse for the disappointing season (20 point losses aren't "close" ones), and

2) Riley's sending as strong a signal as he can to the University & Alumni he's gonna "do better next year".   

The problem for him is SC and their alumni have never been the most patient bunch. 

On 11/19/2023 at 12:26 PM, Mic said:

The problem for him is SC and their alumni have never been the most patient bunch. 

They were more than patient with Helton.

On 11/19/2023 at 12:48 PM, Steven A said:

Per Riley:

And sorry to inform you, Mr. Riley, but your we "lost by fewer than 20 points" is fake news. 

You lost by 28 points to ND, Mr. Riley. Scoreboard, baby!

Edited by Desert Duck
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 11/19/2023 at 2:26 PM, Mic said:

2) Riley's sending as strong a signal as he can to the University & Alumni he's gonna "do better next year".   

But it may not be with U$C. Carolina or Arizona maybe.

• Thumbs Up 1

Please... not the Cardinals. We don't need that kind of coaching here. 

On 11/19/2023 at 12:26 PM, Mic said:

sending as strong a signal

Too bad it is a smoke signal!

BTW, you know where he is blowing it!

Edited by Steven A
wanted to
  • Haha 1