Solar

Now I Officially Hate tOSU..

To a coach (except Kelly), to a player, to a fan, to a sports writer: "Oregon didn't beat us, we beat ourselves."

What a bunch of entitled, classless, bad sports.

Screw these guys and the pompous world they inhabit.

I officially am an Ohio State hater now.

• Mic drop 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Applause 5
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

Welcome to the big 10.

It’ll be that way from now on.

Fasten up your seat belts.

Road games will always, I repeat, always be a nightmare.

We all thought the pack 12 officials were bad, just wait. 

The Ducks will need their A game, Every game.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

Ryan Kelly in his post game press conference, only once gave credit to OBD.

I live in NC and I can’t swing a dead cat around here and not hit somebody wearing Ohio State gear. I may throw on my loudest Duck shirt and head over to the Harris Teeter and pick up some victory beer. 

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Haha 6
  • Mic drop 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 5

LOL....Bet there are a crap-ton of tOSU fans waking up this morning looking for Any reason that there is a 1 in the loss column, and are in Second place in the B1G.  If we had lost WE could have said the same thing about Mighty Oregon this morning, but we didn't.  

If this sets up a burgeoning "hate" rivalry with one of the most respected, successful, determined BlueBlood programs in all of college football.

Then, So Be It.  😎

🦆GO Oregon Ducks!!🦆

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 10/13/2024 at 11:31 AM, Just Ducky said:

Welcome to the big 10.

It’ll be that way from now on.

Fasten up your seat belts.

Road games will always, I repeat, always be a nightmare.

The Ducks will need their A game, Every game.

This is true. Purdue found their offense against a ranked Illinois team (49 points) on the road. I would hate for OBD to pull a “Bama” in West Lafayette on Friday night. I trust that DL will get them re-focused.

• Let’s hope! 1
  • Thumbs Up 5

On 10/13/2024 at 8:36 AM, MicroBurst61 said:

If this sets up a burgeoning "hate" rivalry with one of the most respected, successful, determined BlueBlood programs in all of college football.

We also have a WIN streak against Ohio State! We've won the last two games! 

Though to be honest... I think I rather play Penn State for the B1G championship game but I think we'll see Ohio State again real soon.

• Let’s hope! 2
  • Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 10/13/2024 at 8:46 AM, David Marsh said:

Though to be honest... I think I rather play Penn State for the B1G championship game but I think we'll see Ohio State again real soon.

David not only do we have a win streak against tOSU, it's been almost ten years since they have beaten OBD! Buckeye fans will need to get some tips from SUC and fuskie fans on how to both regularly lose while maintaining a sense of superiority to the Ducks!

• Cool 1
  • Haha 1
  • Mic drop 2

It's not that easy to behead a king. 😁 It took Harbaugh FIVE YEARS to defeat tOSU. 

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Great post! 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/13/2024 at 8:53 AM, The Kamikaze Kid said:

Buckeye fans will need to get some tips from SUC and fuskie fans on how to both regularly lose while maintaining a sense of superiority to the Ducks!

That is a necessary skill for fans to pick up, and it's the end of Oregon playing the underdog. Oregon is on top of the B1G.

On 10/13/2024 at 8:36 AM, MicroBurst61 said:

and are in Second place in the B1G.

Actually, tied for 4th as there is a three-way tie for 1st.  Makes it all the sweeter.

• Applause 1
  • Like 1

On 10/13/2024 at 8:23 AM, Solar said:

To a coach (except Kelly), to a player, to a fan, to a sports writer: "Oregon didn't beat us, we beat ourselves."

Rob Oller, columnist for the Columbus Dispatch, was not going with Buckeyes’ party line.

Said Oller, “The Buckeyes tried not to blame anyone but themselves for losing a great game, and this was that, and deserves to be characterized as a classic, not a woulda, shoulda. Oregon was better, period. Ohio State was worse, period.”

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Salute 1
  • Mic drop 1
  • Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 4
  • Like 3

On 10/13/2024 at 10:53 AM, The Kamikaze Kid said:

David not only do we have a win streak against tOSU, it's been almost ten years since they have beaten OBD!

Yes, but I would trade the last two wins for that last loss...

• Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

On 10/13/2024 at 10:31 AM, Just Ducky said:

The Pac-12 officials were bad; however, they weren't actively working against teams to favor the traditional conference blue bloods...they were just inept.  We need to go to national officiating ASAP.

• Thumbs Up 2

Yeah,

I read a bunch of garbage last night.  Will Howard is not an elite QB, Ryan  Day can't win big games, etc. 

I had to tell a few of them they are spoiled brats and should thank their lucky stars they have both, and stop disrespecting teams that are as good as or better than them.

This is the third of four years they lost by inches and the fan base acted like they lost by miles. 

I've been watching this since the summer.  Ohio State fans are insufferable.  It's almost disgusting. They're exactly what I hope we never become : entitled and spoiled brats with no class or humility.

• Applause 5
  • Thumbs Up 3

I spent the whole day in Eugene and Autzen tastefully trolling OSU fans.   Not because they were mean or crude, but because they were universally self-important, cocky and arrogant.  It was a lot of fun!

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/13/2024 at 8:46 AM, David Marsh said:

In the last decade (10 seasons... 2015-2024), we're 2-0 against tOSU.

I can't imagine how badly that must suck for those whiney OSU fans. 

Edited by Desert Duck
  • Thumbs Up 1

SPORTS.YAHOO.COM

Ohio State arrived in Oregon as the No. 2 team in the nation, but after losing 32-31 to the Ducks...

Article with the quote ducker mentions above. Good read.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/13/2024 at 10:00 AM, Mike West said:

Ohio State fans are insufferable.  It's almost disgusting

I'll leave out the "almost", they are disgusting. I'm not worried about Oregon fans turning into their ilk. What would be fun is if Ohio State dissolved into what USC has become.

• Thumbs Up 1

Ryan Day is doing all he can to stay away from all mirrors.

I almost feel sorry for the guy. Over the last 3 seasons, the dude totally chokes in the biggest games: 

a) Michigan x2

b) Missouri in the Cotton

c) Georgia in the Peach

d) Oh yeah, and lest I forget, OREGON IN THE AUTZEN! 

Cry it out, Ryan.

• Great post! 1

On 10/13/2024 at 12:13 PM, 30Duck said:

I'll leave out the "almost", they are disgusting. I'm not worried about Oregon fans turning into their ilk. What would be fun is if Ohio State dissolved into what USC has become.

Not going to happen. Football is more important to the Ohio State University than education is. They will throw all resources to ensure that they have one of the top football programs in the country.

On 10/13/2024 at 10:28 AM, OregonDucks said:

Not going to happen.

I concur completely, tOSU is a football factory, and actually that's good. 

Well most all fan bases play the what if game when they lose a big game.....or shoulda, woulda coulda.....

I sure fall in that position at times. Maybe some of you do, too?

I put Buckeye fan more in the denial stage with usc and washington. They live on past glories and have an entitlement expectation.

It has been a long time for the trojans since they played on the field like a blue blood. Take away last years husky season and it has been like NEVER were the dogs a blue blood.

Since OBD's beat tOSU in 2021 have the Buckeyes had a signature win? 3 straight losses to Michigan! Yes they beat Penn State but so does Michigan. They get CFP invites sometimes because they are a blue blood. As a fan i too would feel entitled.

OBD's did something that PSU hasn't in awhile, beat tOSU.

Change is difficult and last night the potential tidal wave that is Oregon came ashore. Lot's of football left to play for this tidal wave to either sweep thru or crash and burn.

The 4 BIG Final drive hosts and commentators were very positive toward the Ducks. They took care of business on the field. If you dont have the BIG10 Network i highly recomnend it.

Respect is earned and OBD's took step one last night. Six more wins to get that shot at the BIG Title 

GO DUCKS....handle Purdue.....

Language Warning!!! You can mute the sound and still get a good feel for the average OSU fan.

96kav6.jpg

• Great post! 1

If you can believe it....I got FIVE emails from a Buckeye fan claiming how the officials screwed Ohio State from a field goal and winning.  Then I reminded him of how the officiating expert at the NBC studios admitted that the interception in tOSU's first drive should have been called as such.

So you can have your field goal, and you still should have been down another four points.  But hey!  Emailing a random Oregon fan five times is not pathetic at all!

giphy.gif

• Haha 5
  • Applause 3
  • Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

On 10/13/2024 at 11:11 AM, Charles Fischer said:

If you can believe it....I got FIVE emails from a Buckeye fan claiming how the officials screwed Ohio State from a field goal and winning.  Then I reminded him of how the officiating expert at the NBC studios admitted that the interception in tOSU's first drive should have been called as such.

So you can have your field goal, and you still should have been down another four points.  But hey!  Emailing a random Oregon fan five times is not pathetic at all!

giphy.gif

Buckeyes fans turning into SUCeyes fans before our own eyes.

Wait until you read this nonsense.

College Football Fans (Cough Cough OSU) Demanding Rule Change After Oregon's Win vs. Ohio State

https://thespun.com/college-football/college-football-fans-demanding-rule-change-after-oregons-win-vs-ohio-state

Also this one:

CFB World Thinks Oregon Took Strategic 12th Player Penalty to Aid Upset Victory vs. Buckeyes

It was one of the most electric endings to a college football game this season.

WWW.SI.COM

It was one of the most electric endings to a college football game this season.

Those are some exceptionally whiny, sore loser, tOSU fans out there. 

Ryan Day fired his defensive coordinator when we beat them in the shoe. What’s next?  Fire his buddy Chip?

I think their fans are very similar to USC fans, except tOSU has a better team…lol

• Applause 1

On 10/13/2024 at 1:11 PM, Charles Fischer said:

It's not just fans.  Even Coach Day was blaming the officials on their calls on the last drive, during his post-game press conference.  What?!!!  You believe that a wide receiver can push off a DB, nearly sending him to the ground, to create separation????

Maybe OSU feels that they are entitled to every call with B1G refs.  Perhaps that is why they have beaten every team in the B1G during Day's tenure, except Michigan?  Oregon said "not so fast, my friend" by overcoming special team mistakes and bad officiating to win the game last night!

• Great post! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/13/2024 at 9:23 AM, Solar said:

Welcome to the “tOSU Hate Club”.

Let it boil and fester!

Let’s break it down:

- Interception by Ducks that wasn’t counted lead to 7 points.

- DG missed wide open Tez for easy 7 points; settled for field goal

- Missed extra point and 2 point conversion

By my count, Ducks could have arguably won by double digits.

No bigger ref blunder than allowing tOSU to keep the ball on that interception.

Go pound sand Ryan Day.

The hatred just keeps mounting!!

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

On 10/13/2024 at 11:41 AM, OregonDucks said:

It's not just fans.  Even Coach Day was blaming the officials on their calls on the last drive, during his post-game press conference.  What?!!!  You believe that a wide receiver can push off a DB, nearly sending him to the ground, to create separation????

Maybe OSU feels that they are entitled to every call with B1G refs.  Perhaps that is why they have beaten every team in the B1G during Day's tenure, except Michigan?  Oregon said "not so fast, my friend" by overcoming special team mistakes and bad officiating to win the game last night!

Right on every count. This is Washington, without the winning. They can't accept they lost...to Oregon? So, of course that OPI was a horrible call. Of course, that strip interception by Oregon didn't happen and shouldn't have even been reviewed?

It must be tiring for Day, who does have a worse B1G and just Big game record than Lanning

On 10/13/2024 at 2:49 PM, cartm25 said:

Welcome to the “tOSU Hate Club”.

Let it boil and fester!

Let’s break it down:

- Interception by Ducks that wasn’t counted lead to 7 points.

- DG missed wide open Tez for easy 7 points; settled for field goal

- Missed extra point and 2 point conversion

By my count, Ducks could have arguably won by double digits.

No bigger ref blunder than allowing tOSU to keep the ball on that interception.

Go pound sand Ryan Day.

The hatred just keeps mounting!!

Don’t forget the three points that River Boat Dan refused to take when he decided to go for it on 4th and goal. Then again, the special teams have been pretty iffy inside 20 yards.

• Haha 2
  • Applause 1

On 10/13/2024 at 10:41 AM, HappyToBeADuck said:

"Since OBD's beat tOSU in 2021 have the Buckeyes had a signature win? 3 straight losses to Michigan! Yes they beat Penn State but so does Michigan. They get CFP invites sometimes because they are a blue blood. As a fan i too would feel entitled." 

GO DUCKS....CRUSH Purdue!

FIFY

Did Oregon break something spiritual by defeating the Buckeyes in the Shoe?

Enquiring Minds Want To Know...

• Haha 1

On 10/13/2024 at 11:14 AM, The Kamikaze Kid said:

Buckeyes fans turning into SUCeyes fans before our own eyes.

It will take a bit to turn THEosu into U$C, but the entitlement exhibited by the fans I have encountered in the past and last night argue that will happen sooner rather than later in regard to their attitude toward Oregon. 

I see the day coming where Bucknutt fan becomes Trojenz fan, just with less fashion sense and a wider waistline.

On 10/13/2024 at 11:11 AM, Charles Fischer said:

giphy.gif

But wait!  There's more!  He continues to email me, without realizing that I was a supreme troll in my youth, and that I spar with violators who get banned on a regular basis.  I could do Master Class on trolling, and was going to unload on him, but refrained, as you never know how wacko they are.

But I did tell him to, "Try to beat Michigan."

(I supposed I should not lecture others on being more noble?)

giphy.gif

• Haha 2

Mr. FishDuck

First thing I thought of when the refs chose not to review the INT, was the bogus review on Cliff Harris' INT in the Nattie... Still aggravated by that one.

• Great post! 1

On 10/13/2024 at 1:27 PM, woundedknees said:

First thing I thought of when the refs chose not to review the INT, was the bogus review on Cliff Harris' INT in the Nattie... Still aggravated by that one.

And the Sack/Fumble/TD...

And the elbow on the ground, give them an extra thirty yards.

If a team has ever been punished just existing, it's the team trying to join the Blueblood club.  OBD.

• Great post! 2

Breaking: Video footage of B1G Conference replay official in 1st quarter of Ohio State vs. Oregon game uncovered...

dozing-sleep.gif

Edited by OregonDucks
  • Haha 1
  • Mic drop 1

On 10/13/2024 at 9:50 AM, DUCKED said:

Rob Oller, columnist for the Columbus Dispatch, was not going with Buckeyes’ party line.

Said Oller, “The Buckeyes tried not to blame anyone but themselves for losing a great game, and this was that, and deserves to be characterized as a classic, not a woulda, shoulda. Oregon was better, period. Ohio State was worse, period.”

Thanks for that snippet. I tip my cap to that guy seeing the same thing we do and calling them on it.

I actually think the local/ team specific press has good reason to focus on their own team's plusses and minuses just like we do on this forum.

But I don't give a pass to players and coaches and national press that refuse to admit OSU was outplayed.

Lastly it's a fallacy to say they beat themselves with their mistakes. The Ducks made their share of mistakes that cost points too. 

Edited by Solar
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 10/13/2024 at 10:11 AM, bbmichaels said:
SPORTS.YAHOO.COM

Ohio State arrived in Oregon as the No. 2 team in the nation, but after losing 32-31 to the Ducks...

Article with the quote ducker mentions above. Good read.

Great read. Still the comment that Burke was off his game because he was getting beat. I saw the play from Tez for the TD, the way Tez ran that route, getting into Burke and explosively releasing off him is unguardable. I keep saying that a perfectly executed pass play cannot be stopped by perfectly executed defense.

Maybe sometimes Burke gets beat, but has enough speed to reel the WR back in or the ball is under throw. Nobody beat with a double move is going to reel in Evan Stewart when Gabriel hits him in stride.

Edited by Solar

On 10/13/2024 at 1:58 PM, Mike West said:

If a team has ever been punished just existing, it's the team trying to join the Blueblood club.  OBD.

Of course, what ruined everything first was 2007, Dixon had the Heisman, the Ducks were more obvious picks to win the Natty than Georgia was the last two seasons, then...

Just saw this Tweet (at the very bottom):

LoL

Comforting in a bizarre sort of way.

Edited by Solar
  • Haha 3

I’m sure the Ducks will have to deal with offensive holding by the opposing team, DBs grabbing our receivers on every pass route, and incompetent officials every game. However, If we play mistake free, energized football we should be just fine.

• Applause 1

On 10/13/2024 at 12:55 PM, OregonDucks said:

The Pac-12 officials were bad; however, they weren't actively working against teams to favor the traditional conference blue bloods...they were just inept.  We need to go to national officiating ASAP.

Like the NFL? NFL fans on the losing end regularly complain about the referees. 

Every Big Ten football play is looked at in the Big Ten Replay Center in Rosemont (Chicago), Illinois. 54 display monitors and 18 monitoring stations. But this does not prevent refs from calling an interception a catch, etc. Or making an offside call on Minnesota's successful onside kick in Ann Arbor. After the Gophers rightfully beefed, this is now a reviewable call. It also does not prevent Michigan from running the ball 42 times vs SC with no holding calls. 

I agree with Coach Dan, other than the hash marks, CFB should adopt NFL rules including the replay rule and loss of a time-out if a challenge is not upheld. As long as humans are involved no system will be perfect. CFB was played for over 100 years without a review of the calls. AI is making calls in MLB and I expect one day soon tech will take over other human officiating duties. 

CFB games are long enough. IMO, there should be a 90-second period to find 'incontrovertible evidence' of a wrong call or the play stands. 7 minutes after the last play to take a win away from Va Tech and give the game to Miami is ridiculous. 

• Thumbs Up 3

On my way up from Sacramento to the game  can we experienced this by Yreka. I knew it was a sign. Once in the parking lot I had to endure my ex-brother-in-laws obnoxious osu step son. Kept talking about how great the defense at osu was, how much better their running backs were, how much better their qb was, how much better their coach is. It really made me a bit upset since he was at our house.

Then he proceeds to give his idea of the final score. osu 38 OBD 10. I told him that I will bet $1,000 and take the 28 points. He couldn't do that. I offered to take 20 points for $100, he couldn't do that, I offered to take 10 points for $10, he couldn't do that either. After that I told him that if he wasn't willing to put his money were his mouth was that he needs to shut-up.

Then once ousted scored on their first drive he pops off with well I wish I had taken that $100 bet, I told him it was still there. He declined. At the end of the game I just looked at him, smiled and told him good game.

I'm glad that we didn't beat them by 10 plus. Losing by 1 hurts so much more and lingers.

IMG_9927.jpeg

• Salute 1
  • Cool 2
  • Haha 2
  • Great post! 1

tOSU bobbles the reception and UO grabs it away before it’s secured. Refs call it a catch and just move right along to the next play. 

Stewart drags a defender twenty five yards down the sidelines cleanly but let’s hold up a few minutes and rewatch it just to see if he may have stepped out of bounds.

Welcome to the BIG.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2