Log Haulin

THE Most Important Two Hours as a Duck Fan...a MUST!

What Grampa Duck wrote below is absolutely true; you will be BLOWN AWAY by what you hear.  Listen to who they coached under....hear their passion, feel their admiration for Coach Lanning and soak up how they intend to coach.

This is the best video of Oregon football EVER.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 5
  • Like 1

This was a great progrm. Interviewed every coach on staff. Seems every coach on Lanning staff would step in front of a bullet for the guy.

• Thumbs Up 3

Thanks for the great post. If 'they' don't get rid of it as 'they' should, I'm more interested in early signing day than late signing day. 

This video of coaches, Player Personnell Don Johnson and Chief of Staff Marshall M . . . . is must see for every serious Duck Fan.  Want to know about Oregon Football prospects for the next several years, watch this video.  Yes, it's 2 hrs 17 minutes plus.  Worth every second of it.  Make the time to do it.  You will not be sorry.

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 3
  • Like 2

Just watched the whole video,  Awesome.!  I'm really excited about this staff, every one of them.  To hear each one of them on a personal level talking about what got them here, their history, goals for Oregon, etc. has certainly put the last staff in the rear view mirror.  Well worth the time to watch.

• Thanks 1
  • Like 1

On 2/2/2022 at 4:32 PM, Grandpa Duck said:

This video of coaches, Player Personnell Don Johnson and Chief of Staff Marshall M . . . . is must see for every serious Duck Fan.  Want to know about Oregon Football prospects for the next several years, watch this video.  Yes, it's 2 hrs 17 minutes plus.  Worth every second of it.  Make the time to do it.  You will not be sorry.

Yea, I had the luxury of watching it while heading to Longview and back in my log truck. But wow... I was really excited after watching it. USC and Fusky fan has no idea what is about to happen to them. 

I amended what Log Haulin started at the top, and I cannot convey enough to all Oregon fans....that video is absolutely KILLER for the Oregon fan.  Not rah-rah, but the information...

And the offensive coordinator could not have made things more exciting to me....impossible.  Coach Boles is going to have a BALL breaking this down over the off-season!

If you don't watch it--you will really miss a ton of insight--wow.  And THANKS to Log Haulin for posting it!

This Oregon Coach (left) is VERY Impressive...

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Great post!  Thanks!

Wow, now I have to find 2 hours, ok I'll do it!

The video and interviews introduced the new Oregon Football staff to me. Before watching it I had 2D names and bios of the staff. Afterward the coaches became 3D people with personalities with souls.

I find myself already hoping for a long run of coaching continuity ahead. It would be so great if these young families can bond together, meld into Eugene, the UO, and the state of Oregon.

Oregon has a head coach with background on the defensive side. This staff should build an elite defense with strong position coaches and coordinators.

Coach Dillingham's focus on speed and supreme athletes is foundational to the Offense. Then to hear him recognize the Oregon brand of offense and its advantages was exhilarating.

I'm already droolng while anticipating seeing elements of the Spread, West Coast offense, and the blur return within Coach Dillingham's offense with explosive results "at any time".

Coach Carlos Locklyn, Running Backs, says he is "24/7 Football". It is his love, occupation, and avocation. Coach Locklyn exudes his passion. With his stated admiration and respect for Gary Campbell I believe he will expand the legacy of Running Backs at Oregon. Caldwell, Dollars, Jordan James, and Seven must be jacked to begin working under Locklyn.

Fellow Ducks fans, let's get behind this staff and the team of players. Let's rally Oregon Football, and leave negative divisive social media behind. Let's pack Autzen stadium for games and begin with a record turnout at the Spring Game.

The Dan Lanning era of Oregon Football is here.

Edited by Notalot
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 3

The Blur 2.0

• Thumbs Up 1

Wow!  Awesome interviews!

I finally got the time to listen to complete video.  We Oregon Duck fans are blessed to have this group of coaches and and staff!

• Like 1

I'll admit I have watched this video twice. I was so enthralled by this staff that I had to watch it again.

All of these coaches exude passion, are highly intelligent, and have great communication skills. They are REAL coaches!

Only problem I foresee will be holding onto them. Kenny Dillingham will be a head coach somewhere VERY soon. Hopefully not in the Pac 12 footprint. But, with his ties to, and the trouble at, ASU. They have to have him on their shortlist. Mullens needs to be prepared to keep this group together at the first signs of on field success.

Go Ducks!

• Thumbs Up 5

On 2/3/2022 at 9:42 AM, DUCati855 said:

Only problem I foresee will be holding onto them.

My thought as well. I'm not sure what it takes to keep them around after some success.

They seem like such a great group of people working together, it almost feels too good to be true.

Their recruiting success so far shows the level effort they've poured into such a short period of time.

I was impressed at the high praise each one of them had for Lanning. It says a lot about his character.

The passion of Dillingham and Locklyn really stood out in their interviews.

If these guys can get the players to reflect the demeanor and attitudes of this coaching staff, we're gonna' see some scary good, dominant teams in the not -too-distant future!

A Natty? I'm beginning to think it WILL happen here.

• Thumbs Up 1

It will happen. Just like at Bama UGA and Clemson. Just have to keep recruiting coaches also.

• Thumbs Up 2

On 2/3/2022 at 9:42 AM, DUCati855 said:

I'll admit I have watched this video twice. I was so enthralled by this staff that I had to watch it again.

All of these coaches exude passion, are highly intelligent, and have great communication skills. They are REAL coaches!

Only problem I foresee will be holding onto them. Kenny Dillingham will be a head coach somewhere VERY soon. Hopefully not in the Pac 12 footprint. But, with his ties to, and the trouble at, ASU. They have to have him on their shortlist. Mullens needs to be prepared to keep this group together at the first signs of on field success.

Go Ducks!

Dilly will be the first branch of the Lanning coaching tree. First of many to follow. Three years and a title later, and I will root for Dilly as the head coach of a power 5.  

• Like 1

Recap:

• Great staff high energy
  • Team will me more fun to watch
  • Great things coming soon
  • Much less phony coach speak
  • USC going to get much better soon
  • P12 Championship will have national ramifications
  • Ducks will retain superiority over Trojans
  • 2023 Oregon Team will be in playoffs
  • National Championship win in Vegas 2025
  •  
  •  

Coach Lanning said they went for the best of the best and he got them. This is exciting! Thanks for posting this. 

Watch it, find the time. I had four half hour periods to do  it. Glad I did.

I echo the excitement about coach Dillingham too. I want guys that make plays and we will put them in position to make plays. Going for 80 plays a game! Yes!

• Thumbs Up 1

I just watched it. Excelente, especially coach Locklyn. Also loved how they wouldn't name the team up north. Seemed like good strong men and teachers.

Many talked about Dan Lanning having the Coaching Chops and Character to follow him as a New Head Coach.  How many people put their professional lives and personnel lives in the hands of an Unproven Head Coach.  You see the problems Mario had in keeping staff with him to Miami.  I look forward to how the next TWO years play out for our Ducks.

Then let the DL Coaching tree bear fruit.  But I see some good solid coaches for Oregon, 3 to 7 years for a few as they build their reputations.  Loved the 10 minutes of let's get to know the Oregon Staff.