Charles Fischer

Who is WITH ME? An OBD Get-Together to Meet!

Hello My Duck-Buddies,

I am thinking about putting together a place, a restaurant separate room or at a hotel in Eugene/Springfield for those who would like to meet these great OBD community members.

This would be on the Friday night before the USC game, thus on November 10th.  We would open it up at 4:00 PM, so that anyone who wants to come down from Portland to meet others--has the time later to drive back before it gets too late.  (Old farts like I think of stuff like that)  The party would last as long as we do!

We have some people coming from the east coast for this game, and thought it would be fun to put some faces with the handle-names and share some laughs and lies with one-another.

I'm thinking of having some food, (sponsored by FishDuck ads) and a no-host bar.

1. Are you interested in coming?

2. If you live locally--if I need a hand--can you help?

3. We might have a short analysis presentation to spur some discussion as well--just pondering.

What say YOU?

When I gave an analysis presentation for a group

years ago...

Charles FP Coolers.jpg

This could be great fun!

Charles

You can answer on this thread, or email me charles@fishduck.com

• Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

What a great idea Charles, I am in Grants Pass ans a faithful season ticket holder! I'd love to put a face to the awesome and often times thought provoking members we have in our flock! Let's break bread together and toast glasses as we plot the take down of USC and then the NCAA ha ha ha! In all seriousness though, we have an amazing community here and in all honesty probably spent too much time reading the amazing insights from everyone. Please keep us in the loops about location and time! Our Ducks have assembled a deep talented team, I have a feeling this is going to be a special year, I for one can't wait for kick off! 

• Thumbs Up 3

Great idea, not sure I can make it. I will definitely be there in spirit, and glued to the game!

giphy.gif

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Can you reserve the Matt?  Asking for friendssssssssssssssss.

• Go Ducks! 1
  • Haha 1

Would I like to? Yes

Will I be able to? No idea... but hopefully.

• Applause 1

Great idea as long as there is a place to watch the game for those of us without tickets. The only negative to that time of year is snow in the passes as I drive from the south. That said, I’d love to come up. 

• Applause 1

Add me to the list of wannabes - not sure I’ll be able to make it down from the north Olympic peninsula, but I’ll certainly try. But no matter where we are, and even with Williams at the top of his game, we’ll all be cheering our Ducks on to flush the Troylets into the B1G!

• Haha 2

Sounds like fun!

• Thumbs Up 1

Sounds like a great idea Charles.

• Thumbs Up 1

I actually already have a commitment, but probably wouldn't be able to make it anyway. 

I'm wondering if there could be some regional meet up, maybe to watch some games together. I'm near Dayton, Ohio for at least one more season. 

Anyone reasonably close by?

On 7/12/2023 at 5:21 PM, OhioDuck said:

I actually already have a commitment, but probably wouldn't be able to make it anyway. 

I'm wondering if there could be some regional meet up, maybe to watch some games together. I'm near Dayton, Ohio for at least one more season. 

Anyone reasonably close by?

Coach Boles is in Ohio...

• Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

On 7/12/2023 at 12:41 PM, Washington Waddler said:

... flush the Troylets ...

😆🤣😂

Unfortunately, I am unable to attend. Out of the country for the Cal and Troy boy games this year. 

Love the idea of getting together!  My family and I will be arriving in Eugene on Friday!  Can't wait for the game!

Thanks Charles!

Go Ducks, Fly High!

• Applause 1

I think it’s a great idea. 

• Thanks 1

I feel that I have come to know  some of the regular posters a little bit over the past year and it would  be great to meet them in this kind of gathering  among rabid college football fans. Unfortunately Northern Nevada is a long way to drive for an evening gathering,  and the chances of me scoring a ticket for  the  USC game are  about as likely as Vanderbilt winning the SEC Championship this year and playing Colorado in the Natty, although wouldn't that make a heck of a story?

• Thumbs Up 1

You would be very welcome to join us!

Mr. FishDuck

On 7/17/2023 at 1:18 AM, Nevada Dawg said:

I feel that I have come to know  some of the regular posters a little bit over the past year and it would  be great to meet them in this kind of gathering  among rabid college football fans. Unfortunately Northern Nevada is a long way to drive for an evening gathering,  and the chances of me scoring a ticket for  the  USC game are  about as likely as Vanderbilt winning the SEC Championship this year and playing Colorado in the Natty, although wouldn't that make a heck of a story?

It would be great to meet you as well!

FYI - if you haven't looked on Ticketmaster for the Oregon vs USC game, there are still decent tickets to be had  They're all resale tickets.  Hopefully this is helpful information.

Thank you Charles for the invite. That is meaningful to me. And thank you NJ Duck for the information. I will be visiting with my Duck buddy on Wednesday and  will see if he wants to drive up for the game (provided we get tickets of course).

• Thumbs Up 1

On 7/17/2023 at 10:19 AM, Nevada Dawg said:

Thank you Charles for the invite. That is meaningful to me. And thank you NJ Duck for the information. I will be visiting with my Duck buddy on Wednesday and  will see if he wants to drive up for the game (provided we get tickets of course).

You know...it has been suggested to me that those of us who do NOT have tickets, (I split my tickets, and he has the USC tickets) consider meeting to watch the game together, and THAT would be fun.  It could make your trip worthwhile if you don't get tickets, and might match the objective of others.

Those who are NOT OBD members, but are simply readers are also welcome to these events.  I will know more in two months...

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Great idea but since I gave up my tix after 43 yrs, I won't be attending..  Hope you all have a great time though

Wish I could.  Going home to Seaside next weekend.  Can't swing 2 trips in a year.  The wife would kill me.

I would love that!! I was already thinking about going to that game, and now you’ve just motivated me more. 

Let me see if I can swing it coming from LA. 

Great idea!! ❤️

• Cool 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

What a wonderful invitation.  Many thanks, Charles.  My health refuses to allow me to attend in the flesh.  But my spirit will be there with you all.  Stay safe, have fun, and GO DUCKS!

Great idea, Charles.  I’d be in.

• Cool 1

The idea makes me wanna "SHOUT!"

It sounds awesome.

Unfortunately,I'm probably not free that weekend. I hope it comes together for those who can make it. This sounds like an incredible opportunity for a great group of OBDF to share their love for our chosen team and the game of life!