Charles Fischer

Dan Lanning is SERIOUS About Michigan State?

giphy.gif

• Haha 4
  • Mic drop 1

Mr. FishDuck

So ... besides inventing the steam engine, what does this James Watt(s) do?

Oh wait.  I see he keeps stats.  Goodie for him.

Edited by Mudslide
  • Haha 1

You can say almost anything on the internet and someone will believe it. 

Edited by jrw
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Oh no - I hope this isn't true. And if it isn't, DL needs to hold a press conference debunking this as this can be a major distraction during the season.

He has agreed to 7 million a year at Oregon...just signed the contract, and he wants to go to another B1G school with a lower profile?

giphy.gif

• Mic drop 1
  • Applause 3
  • Like 1

Mr. FishDuck

This twitter account has 5 followers and was created this month. Seems real legit… lol

• Haha 8
  • Mic drop 1

Lanning just signed his new contract, and isn’t the buy out something on the order of 20 million dollars? I’m not buying what James Watts is selling.

Edited by latracey
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 9/11/2023 at 8:13 PM, Charles Fischer said:

He has agreed to 7 million a year at Oregon...just signed the contract, and he wants to go to another B1G school with a lower profile?

giphy.gif

And that school wants to pay something like a 20 mil buyout? 

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 9/11/2023 at 8:37 PM, David Marsh said:

Yeah, just as soon as they pay off the coming lawsuits involving their fb coach.

• Mic drop 1

These openings always bring out the speculators, and here a few from the rumor mill:

Deion Sanders - Colorado

Pat Narduzzi - Pitt

Chris Klieman - Kansas St

Jason Candle - Toledo

and Jonathan Smith - Oregon St

along with a bunch of coordinators from programs around the nation

Did an academically prowess Husky who just learned the word sources write that tweet?🤨

• Haha 3

Watts up? I am. But not this guy. My oh my.

Edited by Jon Joseph
  • Haha 1

Who the heck is James Watts?

On 9/11/2023 at 11:46 PM, Mudslide said:

Yeah, just as soon as they pay off the coming lawsuits involving their fb coach.

Very interesting that all of this came about when the two yuppies you are paying Tuck's absurd salary own a mortgage finance company that is taking it, thanks to the Federal Reserve, in the shorts.

I in no way mean to question or pass judgment on the young woman's complaint. 

I think Watt's brain was depleted of energy some while back but if Tucker is fired for cause Michigan State would owe him nothing and would have money available to pay for another coach's going away payment. Dantonio is already on the scene to help out against UW and down the road in 2023 if need be. Perhaps MSU will come with the money to convince Dantonio to forego retirement for a few years? Dantonio got a lot out of the roster he had in hand. 

But as Charles and many others have noted, why would DL uproot his family for a lateral move and not a whole lot, relatively speaking, more dollars? At Oregon, DL will routinely defeat MSU. At MSU he will not routinely defeat Oregon or a Michigan team likely to be on the schedule every season. He may not do so at Oregon but at MSU he would have no hope of out-recruiting Ohio State. DL has a solid NIL partner with Division Street. What would he have at MSU?   

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/12/2023 at 1:06 AM, kirklandduck said:

Who the heck is James Watts?

Watts that? Probably a Beavers fan. 

Edited by Jon Joseph
  • Go Ducks! 1
  • Mic drop 1

I think it almost incomprehensible That DL would want to move after two years. What do we know, if anything, about the family's adaptation and sentiments about Eugene and the Pacific northwest? The only thing that would give me pause is if there was information that the wife and/or kids were not crazy about the environment--rain really gets some people down, for example.

When I left junior college in the Santa Cruz area (beach town and surf mecca), I transferred to a really rainy climate in Arcata, California enrolling at Humboldt State. Humboldt was grey, rainy much of the time, and my private theme song that first semester was the Animals hit "We gotta get outta this place." But I adapted and hopefully the Lannings have too. 

• Applause 1

It is my understanding the only job he is interested in, other than the Oregon job, is his first head coaching job and that job is taken. 

The head coach of the third grade team he cut his head coaching teeth at has a longterm coach who isn't retiring anytime soon. If that does happen we should all worry, but until then, not so much.

• Mic drop 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Exactly ZERO major, medium, or minor news outlets or journalists have run with this. As John Candy said in “Vacation”, “Nobody has informed this office of, well, anything!”

troll 

Edited by AllOregon
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Smith at Oregon St would make a lot of sense. After building a power at Or St he will be playing in the mw. He also deserves the kind of $$$$ or st cannot afford. 

• Thumbs Up 4

This has to be a burner X account.  This is a beav or a dawg or CU fan working very hard to get under Duck fans skin.  

Nevadadawg, in response to your question by all accounts Dan's family very much likes Eugene.  He said when he signed his new contract that a major motivator was to not have to move his family around anymore.  

Edited by Augduck
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

What kind of MSU fan would have a twitter ID of @Some1InCasanova ? Yep, an angry Beaver Fan sounds about right. 

On 9/12/2023 at 8:22 AM, Krsmqn said:

What kind of MSU fan would have a twitter ID of @Some1InCasanova ? Yep, an angry Beaver Fan sounds about right. 

It always amazes me how much free time some people have.  😉

Something sounds awfully fishy to me about all this.  Perhaps a Colorado fan hoping to add to the chaos prior to the game on the 23rd? 

On 9/12/2023 at 8:50 AM, Mic said:

Something sounds awfully fishy to me about all this.  Perhaps a Colorado fan hoping to add to the chaos prior to the game on the 23rd? 

Could be.   Either way there's all kinds of questions about this in the sense that ole James  has 3 followers and the account was just established.

Something sounds awfully fishy to me about all this.

I resemble that!

I knew it was bogus, but wanted to post it and let everyone know what other sites are seeing.

Mr. FishDuck

Could be.   Either way there's all kinds of questions about this in the sense that ole James  has 3 followers and the account was just established.  

Those darn Colorado fans.  Then again maybe it's Deion doing it.

This guy is a troll. Nothing more.

On 9/12/2023 at 9:30 AM, Augduck said:

Then again maybe it's Deion doing it.

I doubt it's Deion doing it.  He's too busy being interviewed and coaching.  But, he could be behind it, given the comment from Lanning earlier about his team.  

Social media. The replacement for the break room water cooler. What more do you need to know?

• Great post! 1
  • Applause 1

Yesterday, Paul Finebaum suggested that the end is near for Saint Nick and the replacement who would make the most sense is: PRIME TIME.

On 9/12/2023 at 10:07 AM, Mic said:

I doubt it's Deion doing it.  He's too busy being interviewed and coaching.  But, he could be behind it, given the comment from Lanning earlier about his team.  

Yes, I meant this in jest.  

Here is Lanning's comment:

“Not a big reaction,” Lanning said when asked about Colorado’s plans to return to the Big 12.

"I'm trying to remember what they won to affect this conference and I don't remember. Do you remember them winning anything? I don't remember them winning anything."

My interpretation of that comment is that it is/was not  directed at Deion specifically but more at Colorado in general.  It will get big time air play next week leading up to the game and of course Deion will use it to his advantage.

Back to the original discussion, as stated, this is some internet troll for sure.

"Dan Lanning is the potential front runner for the Head coaching position at Michigan State"

Too late, I already took the job.

Please post on the internet since it has to be true.

• Haha 2
  • Applause 1

On 9/12/2023 at 10:09 AM, Jon Joseph said:

Yesterday, Paul Finebaum suggested that the end is near for Saint Nick and the replacement who would make the most sense is: PRIME TIME.

Jon I am certainly not doubting you but it is really hard to believe that Finebaum would jump ship so quickly and anoint the coach of a team that could lose three games in the PAC-12 as king of one of the most exalted seats in all of college sports. Deion has coached two games, albeit impressively, at the Power-5 level for gosh sakes!

On 9/12/2023 at 10:09 AM, Jon Joseph said:

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say Paul Finebaum (if he did, indeed, say that) is probably wrong.  The only thing that I could see dislodging Nick from Alabama (besides a losing season) is if he finally has had enough of the pressure-cooking of coaching.  We can only imagine what it must be like heading a program like Alabama with all the pressures are brought to bear against the HC.  

And as far as Deion goes, coaching at Colorado, there's only one way that program can go after its last few seasons, and that's up.  There is probably almost NO pressure on Deion to do anything but make his team competitive.  But that's today.  Wait until another season comes along and everyone is expecting him to continue the "miracle" at Colorado.  Assuming he stays put after his son graduates.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/12/2023 at 1:09 PM, Jon Joseph said:

On 9/12/2023 at 3:46 PM, Mic said:

I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say Paul Finebaum (if he did, indeed, say that) is probably wrong.

On 9/12/2023 at 3:45 PM, Nevada Dawg said:

Jon I am certainly not doubting you but it is really hard to believe that Finebaum would jump ship so quickly and anoint the coach of a team that could lose three games in the PAC-12 as king of one of the most exalted seats in all of college sports. Deion has coached two games, albeit impressively, at the Power-5 level for gosh sakes!

I remember reading the article too. I think this might be the write up Jon was referring to:

• Thumbs Up 1

On 9/12/2023 at 12:45 PM, Nevada Dawg said:

Nevada- I totally agree with you but once you've lost Finebaum it's pretty tough.  

Also there's that whole pesky issue of how Colorado is going to pay Deion.   They are not rolling in cash (yes, this new found superiority will help them raise money).  They said when they hired him they did not have the money but they were going to swing for the fences anyway.  Will it pay off?   Time will tell.

On 9/12/2023 at 2:18 PM, Augduck said:

Also there's that whole pesky issue of how Colorado is going to pay Deion.   They are not rolling in cash (yes, this new found superiority will help them raise money).  They said when they hired him they did not have the money but they were going to swing for the fences anyway.  Will it pay off?   Time will tell.

If they keep winning the TV deals alone will float this rising boat.  If they don't keep winning, they may have to mortgage the city of Denver.

• Haha 1

On 9/12/2023 at 3:45 PM, Nevada Dawg said:

It's Pawwwelll. Stir the pot. This comment came during an interview with SI's Pat Forde and PF was careful to note that he definitely not retire before he is ready to retire.

The story about Prime and the Alabama job is interesting but he couldn't take hardly any of his players with him this time because of the transfer rules (if I am reading the rules correctly and if the job opens in the next year or two).  How good would Colorado be without his son and Hunter? I am not sure.  Lets wait and see as they get more into the season and the teams they play don't implode.  I am impressed so far with what he has done though.

On 9/12/2023 at 5:41 PM, Duckman60 said:

The story about Prime and the Alabama job is interesting but he couldn't take hardly any of his players with him this time because of the transfer rules (if I am reading the rules correctly and if the job opens in the next year or two).  How good would Colorado be without his son and Hunter? I am not sure.  Lets wait and see as they get more into the season and the teams they play don't implode.  I am impressed so far with what he has done though.

PF was not suggesting that Prime replacing Saint Nick will or should happen in the near future.

He said that if Prime keeps on keeping on at CU he could be the best choice. Shedure has 1 more season at CU, I'm not certain about Shilo, but I do not see Deion leaving before 2025 if then. Like many, Deion has to know that it will be easier to qualify for the PO in the B12 than the SEC.

This is a season where the SEC finds its QB pants down. What until next season for the Pac-12, Ooops!

yeah, most of the responses to this tweet are laughing faces and he hasn't responded.

I can certainly understand the MSU guys being impressed with DL, but he is totally out of his mind with the idea that MSU has greater resources to work with that would 10X DL's effectiveness. 🤣

Guy's a crackpot.

On 9/11/2023 at 8:37 PM, David Marsh said:

One that just saved 70M?   

But I think this is classic fake news.   DL is not that greedy, is he?   Then not many of us thought Mario would bolt either...  CFB is really getting less interesting now with all the big $ at play.

I propose that this be the last post on this non-issue that Charles has baited us into.

I dare you all to not post further on this thread and to focus on the football.

DL is not leaving Oregon for Michigan State. Period.

Next!

On 9/14/2023 at 5:15 PM, DuckFan93 said:

One that just saved 70M?   

But I think this is classic fake news.   DL is not that greedy, is he?   Then not many of us thought Mario would bolt either...  CFB is really getting less interesting now with all the big $ at play.

70mil over time is still different than 20 mil up front. 

Not saying MSU wouldn't be interested in making that move but I feel there are probably cheaper options. 

Perhaps poaching another Colorado coach? That would probably be cheaper. 

Just thought about something. I think Prime with all of his attention grabbing hype and marketing would actually have been a great fit at USC - the LA and Hollywood glitz and glamour added to it would have just killed it when it comes to recruiting as well.

At the same time, Lincoln Riley with his use of schematic offensive wizardry would have been a better fit at Colorado. IMHO, LR's brand of offense-focused football is not prototypical USC football, which is a Pro-style offense and solid defense (the jury is still out on USC's D).

Just a thought lol.

On 9/14/2023 at 6:11 PM, OceaniaDuck said:

Just thought about something. I think Prime with all of his attention grabbing hype and marketing would actually have been a great fit at USC - the LA and Hollywood glitz and glamour added to it would have just killed it when it comes to recruiting as well.

At the same time, Lincoln Riley with his use of schematic offensive wizardry would have been a better fit at Colorado. IMHO, LR's brand of offense-focused football is not prototypical USC football, which is a Pro-style offense and solid defense (the jury is still out on USC's D).

Just a thought lol.

I think it is a great observation.  Prime and Lincoln would fit better at each other's locations.

Mr. FishDuck

On 9/14/2023 at 5:57 PM, bbmichaels said:

I propose that this be the last post on this non-issue that Charles has baited us into.

I am on a couple of other boards searching for news that sometimes does not make it here.  As a courtesy to all the good people here--I share it, even if silly, and especially if there is some humor involved.

football dad meme

• Haha 1

Mr. FishDuck