FishDuck Article

When Oregon Almost Entered Program Purgatory

As the Ducks prepare for Cal this week, I cannot help but think back to Oregon’s coaching search two years ago. As most will recall, many in the Oregon community, including many former players and high-level Oregon supporters, were endorsing the idea of hiring Justin Wilcox as the Ducks’ head coach. After Mario Cristobal and Willie Taggart bolted for their “dream jobs” at Miami ...

FISHDUCK.COM

Darren Perkins of FishDuck.com offers this week’s thoughts on Oregon football as they battle the Cal Bears on Saturday.

• Thanks 1
  • Great post! 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

Two Sites: FishDuck and the Our Beloved Ducks forum, The only "Forum with Decorum!" And All-Volunteer? What a wonderful community of Duck fans!

Darren thanks for the timely article! Thankfully former players, well meaning alumni and those who rule from nosalgia weren't the final decision makers.. ... 

I like Justin Wilcox and no doubt he would do better with the profile and resources at Oregon. Lots of 9-3 and 10-2 seasons......

HELL NO TO THAT........

Oregon football is driven by the money of a business firebrand in PK. Its brand, like Nike is high profile. A exotic Ferrarri fueled with jet fuel.

Coach Dan Lanning is a firebrand.

Darren not just Bama will be coming after DL. When DL coaches the 2023 team to a CFP appearance or a Natty, another substantial pay raise and extension best be given.

DL's salary should be in the top 10 of HC salaries if he makes the CFP. And DL should not have to ask for it, either.

Nice thing about DL....he is focused on beating Cal and getting one more 5 star receuit.

Go Ducks......

• Great post! 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

@Darren Perkins these are LIES! My mascara is waterproof! 

In reality, after making the effort to "blend" as "two Utes" My Cousin Vinny-style, we stayed 'til the very end of last weekend's beatdown, smiling about the privilege of being in the presence of Evan Williams. 

• Cool 1
  • Haha 3
  • Mic drop 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 4
  • Like 1

On 11/2/2023 at 6:10 AM, natalieliebhaber said:

@Darren Perkins these are LIES! My mascara is waterproof! 

In reality, after making the effort to "blend" as "two Utes" My Cousin Vinny-style, we stayed 'til the very end of last weekend's beatdown, smiling about the privilege of being in the presence of Evan Williams. 

Well, aren't we up bright and early this morning! Wonder why, hmmm.....

Thanks for being a good sport and still meeting me at midfield for the post-game handshake. 🙂

• Haha 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

I doubt Lanning bounces if offeredby a blue blood. For what? The only thing these teams have over the UofO is legacy. Lanning seems like a 'go with the one that brought ya' tyoe of guy. I think Lanning would rather create legacy right where he is. It's  just one fans opinion 

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 4

Lanning seems very focused and goal oriented, namely win a national championship.  He's investing a lot in that goal here, and I don't see him quitting or jumping ship until he's reached it.

Secondly, he has a young family.  The kids seem to be doing well with the school system, and his wife seems happy in Eugene.  If that's the case, I see him staying here until his kids are out of school.

He just doesn't seem like a money chaser, he's running an up and coming program with national appeal, there's a new challenge with the Big 10, he's very well paid, and he's inching closer to that national championship.  Why would he leave?

• Thumbs Up 1

I wonder if the next stadium upgrade will include an Autzen complex, and a renaming of the stadium after a coach who brings a national title to the program.

This might seem extreme, but Oregon has always led the way with how they do things.

Can you imagine a Dan Lanning stadium, probably better than a raise in pay, and undoubtedly would anchor a coach to a program a little more solidly?

This is a longer term idea, but not out of the realm of things possible, if.......

• Thumbs Up 2

Slick and Mari-no-O both came to Oregon with bigger fish they thought they could fry and dream jobs they wanted. Taggart got what he asked for and proved his own Peter Principle. Cristobal ditto, but the jury is still out on what he might do in Miami. The 'Caine fan base is quickly understanding that tough talk, press conference glowering and an occasional 'The Rock' sighting won't bring back a NC.

DL seems to have no geographic agenda and if he takes the Ducks where he claims he will (I for one believe he can), then there will be very few programs that can lure him away. It's not like there is a lower Midwest team that would hold much appeal. 

A plum NFL job might be enticing, or being the heir apparent to an SEC powerhouse like Georgia or Alabama. Outside of that, I think he's here at least until his youngest is out of school. I'd be happy with that decade.

• Thumbs Up 2

There is no "it" factor with Wilcox when it comes to recruiting.  You can recruit to Cal, as Jeff Tedford and Tosh Lupoi can confirm, but I admit it is hard.  Yet the entire northern California area would love to stay home for a winner. 

I wish Wilcox well, but am darned glad we have Dan Lanning.  Yes, he is making some "growth" errors, but they can be learned; a flair for recruiting cannot.  Thanks Darren!

• Thumbs Up 3

Mr. FishDuck

Darren and Natalie,

Of all people reading that article...I may have laughed the loudest knowing you both.  It is the banter among volunteers that makes the journey fun, and you both have been a hoot to work with over the years.

The Utah game Natalie went to was in 2014, and she had been editing for a couple of years before that--so she has contributed enormously to the quality of this site.  I cannot thank her enough, and she is such a sweetheart to work with.

And being in technology, she really knows her teams well; Ohio State, Utah and OREGON.  She is still an Oregon fan, and we are blessed to have her helping us edit.

She had the dream media opportunity to cover the 'Natty in 2014 as a FishDuck correspondent with her two favorites teams in it.  She could not lose, and loved the press conference, and all the pomp that comes to journalists in that position.

I wish I could hug you both.

Natalie's dogs were loyal too!

Duck Dog.jpg

• Applause 3
  • Like 3

Mr. FishDuck

You have my respect, Mrs Leibhaber... the work you do is much appreciated!

OBD contributors are lucky to have you (and that's a great looking pup!)

Edited by woundedknees
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 1

On 11/2/2023 at 7:09 AM, Log Haulin said:

I doubt Lanning bounces if offered by a blue blood. For what? The only thing these teams have over the UofO is legacy. Lanning seems like a 'go with the one that brought ya' tyoe of guy. I think Lanning would rather create legacy right where he is. It's  just one fans opinion 

I really believe that Lanning will NOT jump to Alabama later.  Why? Anything he does pales compared to "St. Nick," and the fan base will not appreciate what he has done, but expect it.

My prediction is that someday....he does win a 'Natty at Oregon, and when he does--he will feel that he's already climbed the college football mountain.  What is left to prove?  If he wins a 'Natty at a school that has never had one, and one that is at a recruiting disadvantage away from the hotbed of talent in the southeast...what more is there?

I believe that since he will be financially set, he will want to take on the best minds in the NFL.  I see him going to be a DC in the NFL if he wins a 'Natty in Eugene.  IMHO...

• Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

Oregon was in a very vulnerable position after losing our No O coach. (Btw…thank you once again Miami)

Justin Wilcox is a solid DC, and it would have been 100% an emotional decision to hire him away from Cal as our HC. The braintrust at Oregon decided to go with the potential of a young man on the rise, and he hit the ground running.

Because of the attention DL is garnering already there will definitely be significant job offers from other institutions.

Isn’t that what agents dream about?

Oregon will need to be competitive with future contract negotiations to keep DL as our HC. However, I also would like to think that there is no reason for him to leave Oregon.

Of course there is always…

• Mic drop 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 11/2/2023 at 4:30 AM, HappyToBeADuck said:

Darren thanks for the timely article! Thankfully former players, well meaning alumni and those who rule from nosalgia weren't the final decision makers.. ... 

I like Justin Wilcox and no doubt he would do better with the profile and resources at Oregon. Lots of 9-3 and 10-2 seasons......

HELL NO TO THAT........

Oregon football is driven by the money of a business firebrand in PK. Its brand, like Nike is high profile. A exotic Ferrarri fueled with jet fuel.

Coach Dan Lanning is a firebrand.

Darren not just Bama will be coming after DL. When DL coaches the 2023 team to a CFP appearance or a Natty, another substantial pay raise and extension best be given.

DL's salary should be in the top 10 of HC salaries if he makes the CFP. And DL should not have to ask for it, either.

Nice thing about DL....he is focused on beating Cal and getting one more 5 star receuit.

Go Ducks......

And there is nothing wrong with being an elite coordinator (wilcox), not everyone is a head coach

• Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 11/2/2023 at 7:09 AM, Log Haulin said:

I doubt Lanning bounces if offeredby a blue blood. For what? The only thing these teams have over the UofO is legacy. Lanning seems like a 'go with the one that brought ya' tyoe of guy. I think Lanning would rather create legacy right where he is. It's  just one fans opinion 

You never really know what motivates people. Lanning seems to be the loyal type and wants to raise his kids in Eugene. But, you just never, ever know for sure. 

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/2/2023 at 7:46 AM, 47sgs said:

Lanning seems very focused and goal oriented, namely win a national championship.  He's investing a lot in that goal here, and I don't see him quitting or jumping ship until he's reached it.

Secondly, he has a young family.  The kids seem to be doing well with the school system, and his wife seems happy in Eugene.  If that's the case, I see him staying here until his kids are out of school.

He just doesn't seem like a money chaser, he's running an up and coming program with national appeal, there's a new challenge with the Big 10, he's very well paid, and he's inching closer to that national championship.  Why would he leave?

Yeah, it is possible the move to the B1G was the clinching, never leave oregon because I have everything I need, factor. 

• Great post! 1

On 11/2/2023 at 8:19 AM, Haywarduck said:

I wonder if the next stadium upgrade will include an Autzen complex, and a renaming of the stadium after a coach who brings a national title to the program.

This might seem extreme, but Oregon has always led the way with how they do things.

Can you imagine a Dan Lanning stadium, probably better than a raise in pay, and undoubtedly would anchor a coach to a program a little more solidly?

This is a longer term idea, but not out of the realm of things possible, if.......

I'm surprised more college stadiums don't have naming rights for sale, I'm sure it is coming. "Darren the Duck Stadium" has a ring to it!!!

• Haha 2
  • Mic drop 1

On 11/2/2023 at 8:23 AM, EastBayDuckDad said:

Slick and Mari-no-O both came to Oregon with bigger fish they thought they could fry and dream jobs they wanted. Taggart got what he asked for and proved his own Peter Principle. Cristobal ditto, but the jury is still out on what he might do in Miami. The 'Caine fan base is quickly understanding that tough talk, press conference glowering and an occasional 'The Rock' sighting won't bring back a NC.

DL seems to have no geographic agenda and if he takes the Ducks where he claims he will (I for one believe he can), then there will be very few programs that can lure him away. It's not like there is a lower Midwest team that would hold much appeal. 

A plum NFL job might be enticing, or being the heir apparent to an SEC powerhouse like Georgia or Alabama. Outside of that, I think he's here at least until his youngest is out of school. I'd be happy with that decade.

There is something to be said about winning the first title for a school. 

On 11/2/2023 at 9:07 AM, Charles Fischer said:

There is no "it" factor with Wilcox when it comes to recruiting.  You can recruit to Cal, as Jeff Tedford and Tosh Lupoi can confirm, but I admit it is hard.  Yet the entire northern California area would love to stay home for a winner. 

I wish Wilcox well, but am darned glad we have Dan Lanning.  Yes, he is making some "growth" errors, but they can be learned; a flair for recruiting cannot.  Thanks Darren!

Agreed. 

On 11/2/2023 at 9:27 AM, Charles Fischer said:

I really believe that Lanning will NOT jump to Alabama later.  Why? Anything he does pales compared to "St. Nick," and the fan base will not appreciate what he has done, but expect it.

My prediction is that someday....he does win a 'Natty at Oregon, and when he does--he will feel that he's already climbed the college football mountain.  What is left to prove?  If he wins a 'Natty at a school that has never had one, and one that is at a recruiting disadvantage away from the hotbed of talent in the southeast...what more is there?

I believe that since he will be financially set, he will want to take on the best minds in the NFL.  I see him going to be a DC in the NFL if he wins a 'Natty in Eugene.  IMHO...

The question is where does he coach after his NFL career potentially does not go well (like Saban). Just gotta make sure you go to the NFL with a team with a good QB, otherwise, you're toast. 

I've always thought Justin Wilcox would make a heck of a Defensive Coordinator for his Alma Mater.  If he were in the role as Dan's D.C. I think Oregon would do well and be hard pressed to do better.  But what do I know, really?  Nothing.

However, it's a moot point because Lanning has the team he wants right now and Lupoi, tho not my favorite by any stretch, is doing a good job.  And there is no indiction Wilcox would ever want to step down as the Head Coach for a Coordinator's job anyway.  There's really no reason to speculate about it.

On 11/2/2023 at 12:39 PM, Darren Perkins said:

And there is nothing wrong with being an elite coordinator (wilcox), not everyone is a head coach

Right, Mario?

• Haha 1

On 11/2/2023 at 12:45 PM, Darren Perkins said:

I'm surprised more college stadiums don't have naming rights for sale, I'm sure it is coming. "Darren the Duck Stadium" has a ring to it!!!

OK, Mr. Perkins, that will be $50M please for your name in lights for the next 5 seasons. Good funds are expected within 24 hours.

Thank you, and have a really nice day.

• Haha 1

On 11/2/2023 at 9:53 AM, Jon Joseph said:

Right, Mario?

Perhaps elite Recruiting Coordinator and position coach in Mario's case...

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

If Lanning leaves I'am sure you could get a real deal from USC for a slightly used hot shot head coach that has no idea what he is doing. 

This is the difference between an admin safe hire and a PK go for talent hire. Both hired about the same time. 

Riley is a moron.......that is personally greedy and could care less about the program.

No special teams coach or OC so he could steal as much as possible for his salary while cheating the kids out of their talent development.

• Whew! 1

I could be wrong but I recall a rumor that Justin was offered the job with a stipulation about who he could hire as assistant coaches (Strong recruiters).  He would not take the job because of this requirement.  Does anyone else hear about this?

On 11/2/2023 at 12:51 PM, Darren Perkins said:

The question is where does he coach after his NFL career potentially does not go well (like Saban). Just gotta make sure you go to the NFL with a team with a good QB, otherwise, you're toast. 

After 5 years as a junior partner, Oregon will be raking in B1G money. And come 2026, with the playoff broadcast rights out for bid (and I think a 16-team field) even more money will be headed in Puddles direction.

Oregon is a member of the Power 2, So, why move? The only way Bama is coming after DL is if Oregon is extremely successful on the football field. I think DL accomplishes great things in Eugene.

The days when Bama had more money than any other program and was willing to spend it because it Just Means More, are over. Oregon will have the financial resources to match any offer made to DL.

The days of Bama and other SEC teams, Ohio State, and Clemson dominating in playoff participation are over. Because of the obvious, playoff expansion, NIL, and the transfer portal. Division Street is as well organized and as well funded as any is any NIL facilitator. 

I don't see a better college landing spot. If he doesn't get the Super Bowl itch, I think DL stays in Eugene with 1 caveat. It's time for Oregon to expand the football stadium. Having the 2nd smallest stadium, ahead of only Northwestern, in an 18-team conference is not a good look. If we are correct in regards to DL's future success and as a member of the Power 2 B1G, the demand for tickets will be there.

Thanks, Darren and all of the other writers. Thanks, Natalie and all of the other editors.

• Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 2

On 11/2/2023 at 9:59 AM, fred flintstone said:

Riley is a moron.......that is personally greedy and could care less about the program.

No special teams coach or OC so he could steal as much as possible for his salary while cheating the kids out of their talent development.

I wouldn't exactly call him a moron.  Anyone heading up a program like USC (the University of Prima Donnas) has a tough job cut out for him.  I just know that I think Oregon has the much better coach and hope to heck that USC and everyone else keeps their greedy mitts off him.  I absolutely cannot wait to see the game in Autzen on November 11 - AFTER Oregon dismantles Cal.

On 11/2/2023 at 1:13 PM, Duckman60 said:

I could be wrong but I recall a rumor that Justin was offered the job with a stipulation about who he could hire as assistant coaches (Strong recruiters).  He would not take the job because of this requirement.  Does anyone else hear about this?

Spot on. That was a 'poisoned pill offer' to get Joey and friends off of Rob's back.

Rob has been AD Mr. Lucky-Lucky-Lucky. The Houdini of ADs?

He hired a guy with a losing record in the G5 who put 3 kids in the hospital.

He hired a guy with a losing record in the G5 (but the players wanted him!) who was a recruiting champ, a coaching chump and was in the process of ruining the Ducks brand.

He had a line out to a very good man who Darren correctly notes (no surprise coming from Darren's keyboard) would have placed the Ducks in the CFB purgatory of mediocrity.

Found what appears to be a head coach with a great future but a coach who had no head coaching experience before the Oregon hire.

Rob is right there with the railroad guru, Henry Flagler, in benefiting from money flowing from The Sunshine State. But so long as you end up right, even for the wrong reason, it's all good. 

Edited by Jon Joseph
  • Haha 1

"Why would he leave?"

For a location where the time that has to be devoted to recruiting, and traveling to recruit, and time and distance for assistants to recruit, is more moderate.  It was a factor in Kelly, Taggart and Cristobal leaving.

Not implying that Oregon is an unattractive recruiting destination, just that the effort of coaches and effects on their families, often wears on coaches to a degree unappreciated by us fans.

Building a program that attracts recruits helps.  Recruits recruiting other players helps.  But doesn't eliminate the time and travel equation for coaching staff.

• Thumbs Up 4

On 11/2/2023 at 9:27 AM, Charles Fischer said:

I have to agree with this.  Following Saban at Alabama would be a career death trap with no escape unless you do the nearly impossible, which is to surpase Nick's win/championship totals.  Plus I don't think DL has any particular "coming home" feelings towards Alabama like Mario/Willie do with their Florida schools.  He didn't graduate or play there, just worked there for a time.  Georgia would be more likely in that scenario given his success as a DC there but I don't think Kirby Smart is retiring any time soon (even if he did, it would be the same death trap due to their successive national championships).  

I think DL is relishing the opportunity to bringing something to Oregon that no other program coach has, a national championship here would cement his own lasting legacy.

• Applause 2
  • Thumbs Up 2

We didn't dodge a bullet in Wilcox, we dodged Armageddon.

You always have to be somewhat worried about a bigger program.  But after winning this year's Natty, we will be that bigger program.

Also, who wants to follow a legend like Saban?

• Thumbs Up 1

On 11/2/2023 at 9:45 AM, Darren Perkins said:

"Darren the Duck Stadium" has a ring to it!!!

Sounds a lot better than "Leibhaber Stadium" that's for sure! 

Just joking Mrs. Leibhaber. I'm sure your as great of a person as you are an editor... you just need a fashion consultant.

• Haha 3

On 11/2/2023 at 10:52 AM, Steven A said:

We didn't dodge a bullet in Wilcox, we dodged Armageddon.

Made me laugh, and wince!

giphy.gif

• Applause 1

Mr. FishDuck

The money may not be an issue for DL and his family. Afterall 5.1 mil a season is great. I am not sure i can support the notion that DL already makes enough money....

Thats not for me to say..... thats for DL and his wife, isnt it?

Consider Harbaugh and Ryan Dey are $7 mil plus, with day heading to $9 mil plus. Kelly, Sabin and Sweeny $9:mil plus..All have made the CFP.

Only DL can decide the mountains he wants to climb and conquer.

I ask myself, if DL makes the CFP doesnt he deserve that type of pay?

It would be a great sign of appreciation from the school toward DL. Producers should never have to ask for a pay raise....

Their performance should speak for themselves.

First things first...beat Cal..

Go Ducks......

• Thumbs Up 1

Dan Lanning has professed to a HUNGER. A hunger he has shared with the Team and now the fans. A HUNGER for a Nattie (thank you Cliff). Will one NC trophy satiate that hunger or will the Lays potato chip ad "Bet you can't eat just one" apply? Science calls this “hedonic hyperphagia.”  

Like Uncle Phil, Dan will want another one and another and another. Me too!

We don't know at what point Dan will be satisfied with his legacy at Oregon. Will the Allure of a Super Bowl Ring draw him to the pros. There is the lesson of a short tenure that Chip Kelly and Rich brooks had in the pros or the sucess of  former Oregon coach George Siefert who won four Super Bowls.  

Which will it be? When will it be? Dan has a fire deep inside and outside forces will try to sway him. We can only hang on for the ride and be thankful for the outcome.

• Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Maybe it's just my wishful thinking but Dan Lanning seems very happy and satisfied to be here at Oregon and if he proves to be the 1st coach to  take Oregon to a National title, he'll become the Nick Sabin of Oregon if he stays put and wins another.  If goes back to Alabama he will always be compared to Sabin regardless of the success he has.  

His chance to build his own dynasty lies here.  In Oregon.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Great article Darren. And you are right on, about coaches and Ms. Natalie.

As for DL leaving Oregon?

Not gonna happen. 

Listen to what he says. Look at his interactions with players. Dan Lanning loves coaching D1 football. And his family loves Eugene. He ain't going anywhere until his kids graduate. Minimum. 

As for Alabama, coach DL will need to win several Natties at Oregon before he becomes heir apparant to st.Nick.

I really believe that DL is a long term Duck. And while we can all breathe a sigh of relief, he is still learning how to be a great head coach. We're going to need to take the great with not so great.

Back to back losses to UW is not a trend I want to see continued. The game this Sat is a perfect set up for a trap game. Having the team ready to play is on him.

I love almost everything about coach Lanning, my favorite quote of his, "who would think my first head coaching job would also be my last".

He loves Oregon. He and his family are developing web feet.

Having witnessed the burnout rate in the SEC while coaching at Bama and UGA, would DL want to be in the SEC pressure cooker?

DL is a Midwest guy. Perhaps Ohio State or Michigan would be enticing, but other than these 2 and maybe Notre Dame, I don't see him leaving for another college gig.

The Michigan job could open up but I think that Day is in for a very long stay in Columbus as is Freeman in South Bend.

On 11/2/2023 at 10:13 AM, Duckman60 said:

100% accurate and it was not just about assistant coaches, it also was about how he had to recruit and who he had to hire to run his recruiting program.  There was a reason for the stipulations/requirements.  It was known beforehand that he would turn it down if there were stipulations and  requirements, and that would then give both Oregon and Wilcox a way to gracefully 'exit'.  

The search committee which consisted of several people (and NOT just that 'big donor') who did not want JW from the very beginning.  They had their eye on one candidate the whole time based on what I was told by people with direct knowledge of what transpired.  One of the people with direct knowledge also indicated that the interview with JW was referred to internally as a 'courtesy interview'.  

I like Justin.   I think he is a great guy and certainly comes from a family of great DUCKS but in no way would he have been the right fit for Oregon.  

Edited by Augduck
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Early Oregon pioneers traveled the Oregon trail from Kansas City to Eugene.  Dan Lanning is the modern-day pioneer.  He grew up in Kansas City and went to a local Kansas City college.  If he ever wanted to return to Kansas City, the only team he could coach there is the Chiefs.  I think Dan has found the promised land and it is Eugene.  Dan Lanning was the perfect hire to lead the Ducks for a very long time, however, he still has yet to beat either the Beavers or the Fuskies and this must change immediately.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

On 11/2/2023 at 12:48 PM, Augduck said:

I like Justin.   I think he is a great guy and certainly comes from a family of great DUCKS but in no way would he have been the right fit for Oregon.  

Yah, it's hard to hate this guy and the CAL team when he basically assembled a team with OBD alums like Bill Musgrave and Peter Sirmon.    

Looking forward to another great game with OBD on top tomorrow!

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

Musgrave was fired last year by Wilcox and is now an offensive assistant with the Browns.

• Wow 2

On 11/2/2023 at 11:21 AM, HappyToBeADuck said:

The money may not be an issue for DL and his family. Afterall 5.1 mil a season is great. I am not sure i can support the notion that DL already makes enough money....

Thats not for me to say..... thats for DL and his wife, isnt it?

Consider Harbaugh and Ryan Dey are $7 mil plus, with day heading to $9 mil plus. Kelly, Sabin and Sweeny $9:mil plus..All have made the CFP.

Only DL can decide the mountains he wants to climb and conquer.

I ask myself, if DL makes the CFP doesnt he deserve that type of pay?

It would be a great sign of appreciation from the school toward DL. Producers should never have to ask for a pay raise....

Their performance should speak for themselves.

First things first...beat Cal..

Go Ducks......

Yes…..beat Cal and then continue the conversation.

Looking too far ahead can be disastrous.