Babyjesus615

Down Goes USuCk Again!

Are they feeling buyer’s remorse yet!?

WWW.BALTIMORESUN.COM

After the Terps blocked a field goal attempt, Billy Edwards Jr. ran for a touchdown with 53 seconds left for an improbable win...
  • Thumbs Up 2

It wasn't even that improbable. 

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Leaving work, I checked scores and saw the disappointing news that SUC was up by 14 in the fourth quarter. Then I get home and see this wonderful surprise!

• Thumbs Up 1

Leinart, Reggie, Snoop Dogg, oh the pain!

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/19/2024 at 8:14 PM, The Kamikaze Kid said:

Leaving work, I checked scores and saw the disappointing news that SUC was up by 14 in the fourth quarter. Then I get home and see this wonderful surprise!

It’s a recurring theme…

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Now I guess U$C is 4 plays from being undefeated. 

• Haha 4
  • Applause 3

On 10/19/2024 at 7:17 PM, 30Duck said:

Now I guess U$C is 4 plays from being undefeated. 

Four plays, a wish and a dream...

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

From TrojanWire

It's Groundhog Day for USC, and after losing 29-28 to Maryland in College Park, USC fans want Lincoln Riley fired. They have had it with this coach. That doesn't mean Riley will be fired, but it does mean the head coach is plainly failing at his job. Let's process yet another all-too-familiar USC loss in 2024, with Trojan fans wanting Lincoln Riley gone:

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/19/2024 at 8:06 PM, 30Duck said:

From TrojanWire

It's Groundhog Day for USC, and after losing 29-28 to Maryland in College Park, USC fans want Lincoln Riley fired. They have had it with this coach. That doesn't mean Riley will be fired, but it does mean the head coach is plainly failing at his job. Let's process yet another all-too-familiar USC loss in 2024, with Trojan fans wanting Lincoln Riley gone:

Who are they going to hire that is going to do a better job?  Sark, Kiffin, Helton?  Oh wait.  They already had those guys. 

Someone forgot to tell USC not to fall on the grenade they used to blow up the Pac-12abell46s-reface.gif.d894b883f2f9ee6be6b407fe4c8ef8be.gif.

Threw out the baby with the bath water again, eh??

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/20/2024 at 1:06 PM, 30Duck said:

From TrojanWire

I don't care who USC tries to get as its next HC, they just better not go after Lanning!

On 10/19/2024 at 8:40 PM, OceaniaDuck said:

I don't care who USC tries to get as its next HC, they just better not go after Lanning!

Lanning wouldn't want to go to a school with a history of coaching failures. Coaches that failed there first  and succeeded elsewhere , now a coach that succeeded elsewhere first and failed there.

• Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 2

The grass is definitely greener at Oregon than it is at USC, 

• Cool 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/19/2024 at 8:44 PM, 30Duck said:

The grass is definitely greener at Oregon than it is at USC, 

USC has crab grass. 

• Thumbs Up 3

They'll talk about it... 

But if Lanning turned down Alabama... What in the world would even make him consider USC? 

• Great post! 2

On 10/19/2024 at 7:04 PM, Darren Perkins said:

Screenshot_20241019_185430_Chrome.jpg

Yeah,

I'll take $40M now and waaaaaaaay more than whatever the PAC12 would EVER get WITH USC.

USC did us a favor.  They saw the writing on the wall well ahead of all of us.  We should get down on our knees and thank USC.

Not a popular opinion, but C Suite Larry took his best shot (at Texas and Oklahoma), and it was curtains for West Coast football after that.

Didn't help that the most brilliant College Presidents in the history of mankind promoted Olympic Sports like they paid the bills.

I'm glad the PAC 12 is dead.  Served those arrogant hoots the perfect dish of humiliation. 

Thank you USC.  You saved OBD from football oblivion. 

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/19/2024 at 8:45 PM, GeotechDuck said:

USC has crab grass. 

And poison oak!

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I wonder when the B10 president will start asking USC and UCLA for a refund…

• Thumbs Up 2

USC has crab grass. 

Nah, just crabs.

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

U$C:

University of Schadenfreude Caricatures 

image.thumb.png.dd2d279852af85e4e604a84e4bc6773c.png

• Haha 2
  • Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

If DL turned down Bama, I suspect an offer from U$C would look a bit like this....

images2.jpeg.d17f2d589a3bdda89fd4026620239501.jpeg

• Haha 1
  • Applause 1

For some reason my coffee taste a little better this morning, thanks sc!

• Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 3

I don't think anybody has to worry about usuc  stealing their coach, not with a 88 million dollar buyout.

• Thumbs Up 1

Karma is sometimes beautiful.

• Like 1

On 10/19/2024 at 11:28 PM, Mike West said:

Yeah,

I'll take $40M now and waaaaaaaay more than whatever the PAC12 would EVER get WITH USC.

USC did us a favor.  They saw the writing on the wall well ahead of all of us.  We should get down on our knees and thank USC.

Not a popular opinion, but C Suite Larry took his best shot (at Texas and Oklahoma), and it was curtains for West Coast football after that.

Didn't help that the most brilliant College Presidents in the history of mankind promoted Olympic Sports like they paid the bills.

I'm glad the PAC 12 is dead.  Served those arrogant hoots the perfect dish of humiliation. 

Thank you USC.  You saved OBD from football oblivion. 

By all accounts, Texas would have joined the PAC-12, if we let them keep their network.  

Now that we’re halfway through the season, is the B1G that much better than the PAC-12?

I’ve enjoyed the mid-season big time matchups with the super conferences but there are still some really bad football teams in the B1G and SEC. Why do those programs continually to get a pass? The PAC-12 also had some really exciting offenses, and QBs, and I do miss the regional aspect and traditional rivalries. It’s too bad that college football couldn’t find a way to keep regional conferences while also ensuring exciting big time games throughout the season.  

• Go Ducks! 2
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

From ClutchPoints

At separate points, USC led 21-7 and 28-14. Maryland cut the score to 28-22 with just under 10 minutes to go in the fourth quarter. The Trojans had a chance to put it away with a score late in the game, but Michael Lantz missed a 41-yard field goal with two minutes left in the game. Five plays later, Maryland was in the end zone and took a 29-28 lead with 53 seconds left. USC's last drive failed just outside of field goal range, sealing the latest heartbreaking loss.

With USC at 3-4 overall and 1-4 in conference, the Trojans will have to close the season strong to gain bowl eligibility.

In all the excitement, USC at UW is in two weeks, next is Rutgers @ USC, kickoff is 8:00 PST,

On 10/20/2024 at 1:05 AM, EastBayDuckDad said:

If DL turned down Bama, I suspect an offer from U$C would look a bit like this....

Just think,   Usuc could have hired Lanning instead of Riley in Nov. of 2021.      I guessing that they wish could have a do over at this point.

Edited by florida duck
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 10/20/2024 at 6:20 AM, OregonDucks said:

By all accounts, Texas would have joined the PAC-12, if we let them keep their network.  

Now that we’re halfway through the season, is the B1G that much better than the PAC-12?

I’ve enjoyed the mid-season big time matchups with the super conferences but there are still some really bad football teams in the B1G and SEC. Why do those programs continually to get a pass? The PAC-12 also had some really exciting offenses, and QBs, and I do miss the regional aspect and traditional rivalries. It’s too bad that college football couldn’t find a way to keep regional conferences while also ensuring exciting big time games throughout the season.  

There was nothing wrong with that Pac-12 football product... It needed a team to elevate into the national title picture sure but from an entertainment standpoint nothing wrong with it. 

There was everything wrong with its branding. Being relegated to late night didn't help our legitimacy in the eyes of the east coast who have a lot of say in what happens in the post season.

USC, now 3-4, has lost four games by an average of 3.5 points per game. 

That must seriously suck big time for them. Perhaps the Weed Eater Bowl is in their future. 

USC - Welcome to the B1G, and into the true Lincoln Riley era.

Edited by Desert Duck

On 10/20/2024 at 8:01 AM, David Marsh said:

There was nothing wrong with that Pac-12 football product... It needed a team to elevate into the national title picture sure but from an entertainment standpoint nothing wrong with it. 

There was everything wrong with its branding. Being relegated to late night didn't help our legitimacy in the eyes of the east coast who have a lot of say in what happens in the post season.

There was everything wrong with the Pac-12 management, and the university sycophants, that for decades propped up the crap management. 

I'm thankful & grateful that we got out on our life raft and into the B1G, but it is such a shame that the powers-that-be destroyed our beloved, and historic, Pac-12.

Edited by Desert Duck

USC has crab grass. 

And likely crabs as well. 

On 10/20/2024 at 6:33 AM, 30Duck said:

next is Rutgers @ USC, kickoff is 8:00 PST

Evening slots to them....love it!

• Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

On 10/19/2024 at 10:05 PM, EastBayDuckDad said:

Lanning wouldn't touch that yester-year program with a 10ft pole. 

USC, located in lovely South Cental LA, is where coaches who pretend they know how to coach, go to die. 

On 10/20/2024 at 6:04 AM, florida duck said:

I don't think anybody has to worry about usuc  stealing their coach, not with a 88 million dollar buyout.

That, plus the minor little detail of which he appears to kind of suck at coaching college football. 

Edited by Desert Duck
  • Applause 1

Or our OC.

• Great post! 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Nuck! Nuck! Nuck! 🤣 'You call THIS a Report Card!'

TROJANSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

If you have been reading our USC football report card after every game this season, the Maryland report card is going to be very familiar. This is depressing.

More 'Home Town' Love For  Stinkin' Lincoln. 😁

TROJANSWIRE.USATODAY.COM

Lincoln Riley’s decision to kick a field goal on 4th and 1 was not his worst decision ever, but it was still bad for reasons which do need to be explained.

More Trojan tears....

dramatic-cry.gif

Edited by OregonDucks

• Haha 2
  • Mic drop 1
  • Applause 2

Mr. FishDuck

On 10/20/2024 at 10:36 AM, Charles Fischer said:

USuC can try to run, but they certainly can't hide. 

• Applause 1

Ouch! Ouch! Ouch!

30881249-33c4-4a3b-925b-4389c46a5264_118

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mr. FishDuck

Beware the Tarmac, Mr. Riley. 

As far as I am concerned, it could not happen to nicer people. I hope they experience several more seasons of this. 

To be clear my animus is not against Riley (although he may be a jerk for all I know), nor against USC's fans (to whom the same applies), but to their President and Athletic Department, who betrayed their long-time PAC-12 partners.

Be careful what you wish for, Trojans. Beware of Midwesterners bearing gifts!

• Great post! 1
  • Applause 3
  • Thumbs Up 2