Charles Fischer

GameDay Thread of Pac-12 Championship Game: the MENTAL, Not the Physical Side Will Win

I have not been in the Mario-out camp, but these two Utah games, especially this one, are making me reconsider. They've been really poor efforts from top to bottom and side to side.

Something is not working and needs to change.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/3/2021 at 8:13 PM, Autzen said:

Is this the worst lost in Oregon history???

that would be the alamo bowl vs TCU’s backup QB

On 12/3/2021 at 7:33 PM, toketeeman said:

At start of game, very first fourth-down conversion try right at mid-field by Utah. The overhead camera clearly shows the ball carrier was about a half-yard short.

So what does MC do?

NOTHING!!! ABSOLUTELY NOTHING!!! He accepted the bad ball spot for a first down!

On 12/3/2021 at 8:14 PM, DR Hilarius said:

that would be the alamo bowl vs TCU’s backup QB

I disagree… at least in that game we had a chance. 

Edited by Autzen

On 12/3/2021 at 8:13 PM, Autzen said:

Is this the worst lost in Oregon history???

so i'm not watching but just checked gamecast, the ducks have been out scored 76-10 by Utah in the past 2 weeks and Mario still has not made a QB change... I really hope he goes to Miami, he sucks the fun out of football

• Thumbs Up 2

There is being outcoached, then there is this.

• Thumbs Up 3
  • Like 1

So glad AB is still in lol.   He gives us the best chance to what Mario?   We need him to finish this comedy in 4th quarter.  The fact that Butterfield or TT is not in,  I am done defending Mario.  Sure lots of injuries and young kids. I'd like to hear what Joe Morehead really thinks.  There may not be a major conference that Oregon could win right now, recruits or not.  WTH is going on inside Oregon?

• Thumbs Up 1

I have it, Oregon for their Bowl Game, makes 6th year Senior AB, look like a 6th year Senior.  That if you got game, You TOO can put one on a Duck.  Coaching Not Included!

Also no one was watching the Alamo Bowl haha

This isn't a loss, this is utter failure on just about all levels.

I'm glad Dye got the td, he is a warrior. Not enough Dye too much dead.

• Thumbs Up 2
  • Like 2

Isiah Crocker taking advantage of some live game snaps. One of the few on offense that looks like he's playing with any urgency. 

• Thumbs Up 1

YES, We can score against your second, third and practice squad!  Give you a 35 point lead and we wear down your defense.  Nice game plan, coach.

• Haha 1
  • Like 1

Four more touchdowns and we are back in this thing.

• Haha 3
  • Thumbs Up 1

Herbie nailed it early on: Lethargy! Extension? In line with current salaries? Is Mullens watching?

Edited by Jon Joseph
  • Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

On 12/3/2021 at 8:18 PM, Haywarduck said:

this is utter failure on just about all levels.

Absolutely. This game is a sign of rot on the inside.  I don't think Mario's agent has a lot of leverage after this.

• Thumbs Up 3

Hold on now!  We got this!

Why an onside kick, my god that sent embarrassment to a new level.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Mario, Utah has given you two beat downs in all ways, offense, defense, coaching, attitude, preparation. The Utes are laughing on the field. What do you have to say?

• Thumbs Up 1

If Cam Rising and Tavion Thomas are still playing on the next series, Kyle Whittingham is a really nasty head coach.

When a team has zero confidence in their QB, they begin to lose confidence in their ability to win. 

Same story as the infamous 2nd half of the Alamo bowl with Lockie at QB -- Nuclear meltdown

• Like 1

Wow!   It has to be the Eggshell uniforms!   Talk about laying an Egg...  ouch.  Bad uni choice. 

And to get beat by an Under Armour school... that hurts a ton.    I can't imagine that a major Oregon fan isn't particularly happy this evening. 

At least the Duck is still entertaining.

Mt. Anthony Brown... the hill Cristobal decided to die on

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Our team is a bunch of candy asses, except for Dye and Sewell

On 12/3/2021 at 11:27 PM, Skibum said:

Wow!   It has to be the Eggshell uniforms!   Talk about laying an Egg...  ouch.  Bad uni choice. 

And to get beat by an Under Armour school... that hurts a ton.    I can't imagine that a major Oregon fan isn't particularly happy this evening. 

At least the Duck is still entertaining.

Spot on! I'm all in favor of extending Puddles and giving him a pay raise.

• Haha 2
  • Thumbs Up 1

Not looking forward to hearing  the usual coach-speak from Mario.

I think he owes the fans, at least, an apology.

• Thumbs Up 2

Special Teams, needs practice.  And there is a Line to cover, while in Vega$. . .  And they only beating us by 28+.  AB thanks for coming here with all that experience.  It is a tough Conference in the PAC- 12.  Utes, go represent, Happy for KW and Utah, you and your fans represent the PAC 12!  Positive energy for those players that came to play for their team and fans. 

Can NOT hate that.  Sewell, best of luck for your brother and his team.  I have to believe, Mario will either figure his choices for this team out, or we will have many years of dreams not realized.  Best wishes Ducks, much love for all of you young men.  Time for the adults to figure it out.

• Thumbs Up 1
  • Like 1

I think I just need a break. I can't bear to watch this team anymore.  The QB play is just awful 

Maybe next year will be different,  but I doubt 

Kudos to KW and the Utes.

I hope they get tOSU and win.

• Like 1

The Championship stage is set up in the Oregon end zone. 

Mario calling Miami... huh that's weird... i keep getting "this number is no longer in service"

• Haha 2

The thing that got me was that Cristobal looked as if he didn't have much energy. Was he thinking too much about Miami and the offer that has been reported he has? Near the beginning of the game it really looked as if the Ducks had stopped Utah on fourth down, but MC didn't even ask that they review it. If it turned out the Ducks had stopped Utah, Oregon would have had the ball on the 50 instead of Utah going down the field and scoring. Maybe it wouldn't have made much difference--but maybe it would have sparked the Ducks.

Also, just wondering, when did AB get his foot taped up?

• Thumbs Up 1

Despite them being head cases, I'm starting to think that guys like Carrington and Pittman might have saw the storm on the horizon before everyone else and was right to bail on Helfrich and MC, before the IT* really hits the fan.

Shade from Mycah

Screenshot_20211203-210203.png

• Thumbs Up 1

On 12/3/2021 at 8:45 PM, Red Eddy Green said:

The Championship stage is set up in the Oregon end zone. 

Allegiant stadium is where this optimist lost hope for the 2021 Ducks.  

But I am looking forward to Atlanta in 2022!

• Haha 2

On 12/3/2021 at 8:18 PM, Haywarduck said:

I'm glad Dye got the td, he is a warrior. 

Totally agree. The kid has heart. 

• Like 1

On 12/3/2021 at 9:12 PM, Haywarduck said:

Remember, "Pay The Man" was a popular thread on Tuesday, when spinning a 180.

“ I hope Cristobal wants to continue to be a winner at Oregon, and make a lot of money, but not stupid money.” 

There was a playoff team on the field tonight if they had just played the right QB from day 1, hint it wasn't the Ducks.

I think we saw the mental aspect of playing for your fallen brothers Part II.

Go Utes in the Rose Bowl.

• Thumbs Up 1

Hats off to Noah sewell 

he was the only starter on d still in there at the end.

Noah played his heart out tonight a true warrior 

• Thumbs Up 1

Screen Shot 12-03-21 at 11.41 PM.PNG

• Haha 5
  • Thumbs Up 1

First thing I'd do is burn those horrid uniforms like, yesterday. What's wrong with good old green and yellow?

Second, I don't think I'll miss JoMo. Once again T Dye averages about 6 yds. per, only gets 15 carries?

Lastly, I'd like to see Ty Thompson start in the meaningless bowl game, like last year with Shuck, but give TT the whole game.

AB had his shot, bye now.

• Like 1

On 12/3/2021 at 9:29 PM, Southwest Duck said:

Hats off to Noah sewell 

he was the only starter on d still in there at the end.

Noah played his heart out tonight a true warrior 

Being an elite athlete and a Sewell, hard to expect anything less of him.  These type of athletes, do not need coaching, they have it in their blood.  They just need coaches to put them in position to succeed. 

KT, Dorlus and others of the front six busted their asses off but the five db's, that is a mess back there.  They need to watch tape on Brady Breeze.  What is like to get a receiver off his timing and route. 

Makes me think we have a lack of good secondary defense, helping out that front six.  DeRuyter, get your stuff in order man.  Reminds me of Pellum and Hoke as DC, terrible.

• Thumbs Up 3

More like DeRuyter... Pack your bags.

Edited by DuckIt
  • Thumbs Up 1

I think the "getting revenge" and "payback" mindset was the wrong motivation.

That is the opposite their 1/0 philosophy.

Should have been focused on taking advantage of the opportunity they earned through a season of hard work,

to win the P12 championship. The prize is now within your grasp. Go take it.

On 12/3/2021 at 9:45 PM, Wood Duck said:

First thing I'd do is burn those horrid uniforms like, yesterday. What's wrong with good old green and yellow?

Second, I don't think I'll miss JoMo. Once again T Dye averages about 6 yds. per, only gets 15 carries?

Lastly, I'd like to see Ty Thompson start in the meaningless bowl game, like last year with Shuck, but give TT the whole game.

AB had his shot, bye now.

I am SO SURPRISED, that even with choosing uniforms, that Oregon, does not pick a uniform that helps with identifying your team mates, as in receivers from the opposing defense.  Any thing that helps reduce the time it takes for a QB to identify, friend from foe.  That should ALWAYs be considered.  You want your QB to make quick decisions, not using up valuable time assessing were open players are.

Worse yet, is not believing in your back up QB's to change the momentum, when you felt the game was over already.  Hmmm coach, esplain that to me????  If I was a good QB, why would I pick to come to Oregon.  We ready for the excuses next year, "he's young, inexperienced, thrown into the mix, has no real reps, game experience".  Love me Herbie but he sure laid it out for Cristobal,  something wrong in Ducksville, No Dr Pepper!

• Thumbs Up 1

I'm calling it now, Mario is going to go back to the pistol for every play in the Joe's Transmission Repair Bowl  brought to you by Mary's Cupcakes Game to prove to everyone he knows how to run an offense

• Haha 3

Boy, when MaiTai gets ahold of us we are going to be like...

ba3dd820a26fdee1311befdfca7b453e_w200.gif

• Haha 2

Will he be speaking English or have some out of body experience we will need to have explained to us?

I am checking to see if he is listed on my Google Translator.