DUCKS4OUUO

Who Do We Root For? UCLA or UTAH?

What do you think will be best for the Ducks and their Pac 12 Championship chances?

UCLA win?  Or UTAH win?

I'll be rooting for UCLA.

Would be best for Ducks for UCLA victory.

• Thumbs Up 2

Utah.  🤣

• Yikes! 1

If we win out including P12 CG, we'll probably make the playoffs.  Lose 1 (but win P12 CG) it's Rose Bowl.  The conference will eat itself up like everyone else, I just hope for a fuskie loss each week

• Thumbs Up 3

I'm going with UCLA in this one.

Ducks have to win out for playoff, and likely only drop won to get to the Conference Championship 

Huck the Fuskies always 

• Thumbs Up 2

Ill be rooting for Utah, and hope by the time yechla leaves for the little dozen they are just after thoughts.

My philosophy is always the same--take care of our own business and good things will happen.  Depending on other teams' wins or losses to backdoor our way in just doesn't make sense IMHO.

Sure it's fun to speculate (and I'll damn sure be watching the game!), but if we beat both Utah and UCLA then the results of their matchup don't matter.

• Thumbs Up 2

I don't dislike Utah, I rooted for them to beat Florida. But in this case, I'm all in for UCLA. UCLA at Oregon, after a BYE, Gameday, Oct.22.

• Thumbs Up 1

Tough call.  But I'd think Utah would be the better team to face if only because it's darned tough to beat the same team three times in a row and Chip Kelly has UCLA scoring points in bunches.  

Luckily, we'll know which team in a few weeks as both come to Autzen back-to-back.  I think Oregon could win both of those games.  Then, I'd pick the one which had the hardest time stopping our offense.

• Thumbs Up 1

Oregon plays both in the regular season this year... that alone is a boon to USC who dodges us. 

I don't care who wins to be honest but I think it is important that it is a close game so that the loser stays ranked. Wins over ranked opponents is key for Oregon and having teams ranked is also key for the Pac-12. As UCLA is leaving the Pac in a few years I feel their being ranked is less important than Utah in the long run for the conference. 

But the loser of Utah-UCLA could very well be the knock out blow for them for the Conference Championship game. Of course assuming Oregon will beat them both. 

• Thumbs Up 2

This will be the first bolt in Kelly's coffin.  Probably the most Mickey Mouse early season schedule in major college football.  UCLA alums hate his guts (understandable).  He has to go at least 9-3 with a win over the Trojans and that ain't going to happen.

The moment the traitors in baby blue announced they were B1G bound this question lost all relevance.

• Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

As David said. I want a close (Utah vs UCLA) game with Utah coming out on top and both staying ranked.

Oregon needs to win out. Even though I (myself) hope we get snubbed by the playoff committee to avoid another embarrassing loss (yes, it would be). As long as we are the top ranked Pac12 team I'm happy.

I also want USC to lose every game... from here to eternity.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/5/2022 at 1:12 PM, DUCati855 said:

Oregon needs to win out. Even though I (myself) hope we get snubbed by the playoff committee to avoid another embarrassing loss (yes, it would be). As long as we are the top ranked Pac12 team I'm happy.

Oh no.  Oregon (I hope!) doesn't ever get snubbed by the Playoff committee because I don't think it will be another 49-3 drubbing, no matter who O plays.  This team is vastly improved since week one and playoff teams get noticed by recruits across the country.  

Did you see what Missouri managed to do with Georgia?  And I think Oregon would match up well against this Missouri team.  If O is good enough to make the Playoffs, they will be good enough to give a good account of themselves.

• Like 1

On 10/5/2022 at 1:30 PM, Mic said:

Oh no.  Oregon (I hope!) doesn't ever get snubbed by the Playoff committee because I don't think it will be another 49-3 drubbing, no matter who O plays.  This team is vastly improved since week one and playoff teams get noticed by recruits across the country.  

Did you see what Missouri managed to do with Georgia?  And I think Oregon would match up well against this Missouri team.  If O is good enough to make the Playoffs, they will be good enough to give a good account of themselves.

I do not believe it would be another 49-3 blow out. But, (I feel) the Ducks would get beat by at least two scores by Alabama, Georgia, or Ohio State. I'd rather see that happen to Clemson.

Then the Ducks would likely play (and beat) Michigan in the Rose Bowl. 

Season end ranking would be #4. This allows us to recruit against anyone in the nation.

I have said it before. The next two years will be when DL's Ducks will shine.

Again... my thoughts. I respect yours.

• Like 2

Utah.

Ucla is dissing the Pac.

So we need to show NO mercy.

Both LA schools should lose every last game!

Utah, both WA schools, and our Ducks can carry the Pac12 in the rankings.

• Thumbs Up 2

I always pull for Chip, unless it negatively impacts Oregon somehow.  Those were some really fun years to watch the Ducks!

Go UCLA!

I am not overly upset or worried about the BIG move.  That will take care of itself.  

Edited by GeotechDuck
  • Applause 1

Currently, UCLA is higher rated than Utah on my Disgust Index.

• Haha 1

Pollsters might move up Oregon higher if we win on GameDay, so UCLA. 

• Applause 1

I want to see Chip win but I would love some sweet revenge on Utah and beat them twice this year.

• Applause 1

On 10/5/2022 at 1:57 PM, DUCati855 said:

I do not believe it would be another 49-3 blow out. But, (I feel) the Ducks would get beat by at least two scores by Alabama, Georgia, or Ohio State. I'd rather see that happen to Clemson.

Then the Ducks would likely play (and beat) Michigan in the Rose Bowl. 

Season end ranking would be #4. This allows us to recruit against anyone in the nation.

I have said it before. The next two years will be when DL's Ducks will shine.

Again... my thoughts. I respect yours.

Right now I'm not sure this team can overcome the mulligans they're giving ordinary teams.  Michigan ( and just about every other tier two Big Ten team like Penn State) would gladly take those gifts and rout us like Oklahoma did last year. 

I too would rather get smoked in the playoffs than in the Rose Bowl.  The optics of a beatdown in Pasadena wouldn't look good to highly talented sophomores in high school (they're far too shallow to have the kind of vision to recognize an emerging Oregon as a potential powerhouse with DL in 3-4 years). 

Potential gets people fired.  Performance gets people driving bonuses.  Let's see OBD perform instead of hope they'll reach their potential.

With the beatdowns at the hands of Utah at the end of last year, sportswriters and fans would play up an Oregon victory against a team undefeated in conference play late in the year.  I'm hoping Oregon and Utah are undefeated in conference games going into the November 19th matchup at Autzen.

If UCLA and Oregon win this weekend...then perhaps ESPN GameDay will come to Eugene for our big game with Chip Kelly.

But if Oregon and Utah remain undefeated in league play...then perhaps ESPN GameDay would come to Eugene for that November game!

Good-or-good?  

Oregon Poster_Pac12 Video.jpg

• Thumbs Up 2

Mr. FishDuck

I have Utes tickets. 25th row 30 yd line behind Duck bench. I want Utes to be undefeated coming in. 

On 10/7/2022 at 2:55 PM, Charles Fischer said:

If UCLA and Oregon win this weekend...then perhaps ESPN GameDay will come to Eugene for our big game with Chip Kelly.

But if Oregon and Utah remain undefeated in league play...then perhaps ESPN GameDay would come to Eugene for that November game!

Good-or-good?  

That's a good point. If all teams don't lose a game by that date, the competition for GameDay would be Georgia vs. Kentucky and Michigan vs. Illinois. GameDay could pass on coming to Eugene for those other two games. The week we play UCLA there would be no competition to get the nod if UCLA beats Utah.

On 10/7/2022 at 4:04 PM, 2002duck said:

The week we play UCLA there would be no competition to get the nod if UCLA beats Utah.

Listed are records as of today.  I see 4-1 Mississippi State at 5-0 Alabama and 5-0 Ole Miss at 4-1 LSU as attractive candidates for Gameday.  Also 4-1 Kansas State at 4-0 TCU and 3-2 Texas at 4-0 Oklahoma State are possibilities.

• Thumbs Up 1

On 10/7/2022 at 5:28 PM, McDuck said:

Listed are records as of today.  I see 4-1 Mississippi State at 5-0 Alabama and 5-0 Ole Miss at 4-1 LSU as attractive candidates for Gameday.  Also 4-1 Kansas State at 4-0 TCU and 3-2 Texas at 4-0 Oklahoma State are possibilities.

Maybe they'll go to Alabama. I hope not. GameDay doesn't get enough trips to the West Coast, and they like Autzen and Eugene.

On 10/7/2022 at 5:28 PM, McDuck said:

LSU lost today, and GameDay will surely go to Alabama @ Rocky Top in Tennessee next week. 

Oregon is the only answer. 

• Mic drop 1

On 10/7/2022 at 5:55 PM, Charles Fischer said:

Good-or-good?  

UCLA at Oregon makes the most sense, but Miss. State is at Bama that weekend. We all know how ESECSPN loves them some Crimson Tide. I’ll be pulling for the Vols pretty hard next Saturday.

On 10/9/2022 at 3:15 AM, 2002duck said:

LSU lost today, and GameDay will surely go to Alabama @ Rocky Top in Tennessee next week. 

Oregon is the only answer. 

They were in Knoxville a couple of weeks ago, so they’ll go somewhere else. My guess would be Ann Arbor or Ft. Worth for next weekend.

On 10/9/2022 at 12:15 AM, 2002duck said:

Congrats, you nailed it.

• Applause 1

On 10/9/2022 at 2:41 PM, McDuck said:

Congrats, you nailed it.

I stand corrected. 

I'll be rooting for Utah in their next game and rooting against UCLA in theirs.

I'm pulling for Utah, period. In times past I would have wanted the success for Chip, if for no other reason than gratitude for what he did for us.  However, UCLA finds themselves on my hatred list; below the Fuskies but above USC.

They also are turncoat traitors, and while this may have in large part been USC's (ie Carol Folt) doing, they are complicit in it with them and will share the same Benedictian fate.