• More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
deschutesduck

Yep, Our QB Room is Questionable... Bo Nix has Committed to Oregon

Edited by deschutesduck
  • Thanks 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Our new coach is really getting with it.  Don't know what will happen with the three we have, but I trust our new coach is doing everything he can to make a winning program.  This is obviously a quarterback he knows well.

I get that new coaches want to bring in players they know.  

Will the three QBs on the roster see this as a sign to join the portal?

• Thanks 1

I was worried about this happening. I guess it's all part of being a player on the cusp. You wait for you chance than it's snatched away by an

incoming transfer. I would bet Dilly dilly will start Nix over TT or Butterfield. Who transfers? Then what happens in 2023? Maybe I'm over

thinking it. 

Edited by GODUCKS15
  • Thumbs Up 1

That is no way to start. Bring in a guy that will be perceived as favored. 

• Thumbs Up 1

What choice does a new coach have when he has almost zero tape on three highly rated but unproven QBs. Hope they stay but couldn't blame them if they leave. At least we'll have a QB that's familiar with the offense with game experience.

Saw this coming already. If MC and his coaching staff can't coach up players it is just another reason to thank the U. Gotta trust the new staff. Bo Nix can play and has played his best football under Dillingham.  Nix also knows the system.  Hopefully the younger guys will be developed starting Jan 12.

• Thumbs Up 2

It's not overly surprising since Dillingham was his OC at Auburn in 2019.  I just hope the other QB's on the roster wait till spring practice is over before making any transfer decisions.

• Thumbs Up 1

Agree with everyone here about the concern for the 3 youngsters we already have, specially Butterfield and Ashford.  Well, at least Nix seems to be more capable than AB...

• Like 1

On the plus side we won't be staring an unproven QB in next years opener. Assuming Nix is the starter.

• Thumbs Up 1

He’s the college version of Dak Prescott. Some days he can’t miss. Other days it seems his only purpose in life is to give the ball to the other team.

Guest KingT

This tells us all we need to know about the development of Ty and Butters. End of story.

I wonder what type of conversations happen between Coach and existing players on the team when a player is picked up from the portal. Nobody should just inherit a starting position as important as QB by default, but communication with existing players seems required. 

Not a fan of this. I have no interest in seeing this guy in a Ducks uniform

If this causes a chain reaction of QB transfer(s) it’s a bad transaction for the Ducks.   

Every one of our young QB have 4 years of eligibility? If so, at least one will transfer.  The other two will finally get coached up. Bo has seen a lot of football and he is better than AB. This is going to be an old QB room. Thats not necessarily a bad thing. I hope TT sticks around but if not, Nix gives a young incoming coaching staff time to assess the QB situation. They are all familiar with BN and worst case they recruit and develop. Something the last coach apparently failed to do.

• Thumbs Up 2

Very similar career stats to Anthony Brown. Can't hurt to have additional competition and maybe Nix will find easier pickings in the PAC 12. I guess it does send a positive message that he wants to reconnect with Dillingham. 

Nothing will be given to BN. Any coach worth a grain of salt will expect him to earn it. What ever the outcome it helps us. 

• Thumbs Up 1

Title should have read:

Yep, Our QB Room is Questioning... Bo Nix has Committed to Oregon

If I was in our qb room I would be questioning this decision. They watched one qb get yanked, for the head coaches qb, and now we have Bo Nix? I imagine the guys who are going to stay are saying game on, but they have to be looking like this now.

5yhi0n.jpg

Just heard it on the radio wow -The other guys are not happy

Not so sure my friend. The other QBs know FB. If they are better they will play. Competition is what you want. It makes u better.

• Thanks 1

On 12/19/2021 at 6:40 PM, deschutesduck said:

It's not overly surprising since Dillingham was his OC at Auburn in 2019.  I just hope the other QB's on the roster wait till spring practice is over before making any transfer decisions.

Any QB who transfers because they want to avoid a competition or because they believe they’re the rightful heir to the position doesn’t belong on this team. I’m not excited about Nix, but I want a guy who embraces the competition.

• Thumbs Up 7

We know one thing --he can beat our defense

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 2