Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FishDuck Article

Time to Bump Black Uniforms and Stick to Official Oregon Colors?

Long ago, Oregon’s official colors were lime green & lemon yellow, about when we were Webfoots, not Ducks.  Those strictly adhered to colors made striking uniforms, not like the pedestrian green & yellow combos we see today.

Is it so difficult to come up with those exact colors today? I recently called Prince Pucklers and asked why they no longer served lemon custard ice cream and the lady said they lost the starter - whatever that is. Maybe we lost the starter for lime green & lemon yellow uniforms.

• Haha 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

I don't know Charles I still like the black (I believe it's a really dark green if I remember correctly) extremely well, with the yellow and all yellow.  There just hasn't been any uniforms that have looked bad. We are still rated as the best.

On 5/12/2022 at 12:32 PM, GODUCKS15 said:

The uni choices are so far ingrained as part of who the Ducks are that there's probably no turning back at this point.

That is probably true....

giphy.gif

Mr. FishDuck

On 5/12/2022 at 2:32 PM, GODUCKS15 said:

The uni choices are so far ingrained as part of who the Ducks are that there's probably no turning back at this point.

100% THIS! Our uniforms are as much a part of who we are as the explosive offense we were known for during that same time. (that we desperately long for again) 

While I appreciate the foundational successes of the Brooks/Bellotti eras, it was the Chip Kelly era that really defined us as a program (in my humble opinion). It's when we went from a middling PAC-10 Team to a Playoff team and Championship contender.

We are green, yellow, black, white, grey and chrome...we're a blur offense that hangs 50 points on people. It's my hope Lanning gets us back there, and then defines the defense to our brand as well...

• Cool 1
  • Mic drop 1
  • Applause 1
  • Thumbs Up 1

Uniforms, schmuniforms. I want more Star Wars helmets. And can our safeties use light sabers?

• Let’s hope! 1
  • Haha 2

I’m a green and yellow guy myself. I’m also on the north side of fifty and understand that I’m not the target audience.

I like the idea of the occasional throwback uniform. My only question is why haven’t the Ducks gone back to the uniforms that started the insanity? I also want to know what happened to the “mallard head” helmets that were specially painted. They were the talk of college football back in the day and I haven’t seen them in over a decade. Word on the street is there was a “disagreement” with the company that painted them. 

B9C9B04E-603D-42C0-BE7E-BE6FE8DCD403.jpeg

Edited by DrJacksPlaidPants
  • Thumbs Up 1

On 5/12/2022 at 11:01 AM, Charles Fischer said:

There have been quite a few of those moments for me in recent years, and again--why can't we start a new tread AWAY from the Black Uniforms?

Gotta disagree champ...Our black uni's are the hottest out there and love the combo's. That said, I don't ever want to see pink or gray in any of our uni's. You can at least justify Black as it's on helmets been on the numbers, etc. Gray, besides being drab, is arguably our achilles heel as it seems we lose a signficant portion of our games in those. Never, ever want to see gray!

Charles, you are RIGHT ON! 

The black uni's for football are OK once and awhile, but NEVER for the other sports.

I do not like the black in hoops, softball, baseball, volleyball, or any other sports.

(And while I'm here, I really loathe the pink.)

It seems to me we lose too many big games wearing black (in all non-football sports).

The storm trooper look is pretty sweet though...

Great point about us being one of very few teams that wear green (and we do make that color look good!) so we should really emphasize it, ALL the time.

• Thumbs Up 1

Storm trooper white, Death Star black, mallard green, yellow hi-lite marker, dogs and cats living together..........

defensive team - rich brooks field green (hiding in plain sight)

offensive team - blur (whatever color that is)

Edited by Flyin Vee
  • Haha 1
  • Applause 1

Whatever wins games and recruits is my favorite uniform. (Ok I'm partial to the stormtrooper, Lightning, & anything in dark greens). Win Ducks WIN! 

• Applause 1

Any color is fine with me as long as green and gold are present.

I think the black unis make our players look smaller. In fashion, the color black is supposed to make one look "slimmer." 

Don't we want our football guys to look big and imposing? I like the yellow and green. It is so identifiable with our Oregon Ducks. 

• Thumbs Up 1